PDA

View Full Version : Numbskull of the Day: Joey Porter

Slick Pinkham
09-17-2008, 05:55 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/17/porter-disses-cassel/

“It’ll be good to go out there and get our first victory”

"If it’s not Tom Brady, it shouldn’t be that hard.”

"You throw the kitchen sink at him. That’s what we’re going to do”

To re-cap, a player on a team who has lost 20 of their last 21 games is talking trash about beating a team who has won 21 straight games. I mean, strange things happen, and any given Sunday, and all that, but now is not the time to run your mouth off!

:laugh:

Sollozzo
09-17-2008, 05:58 PM
Don't you mean numbskull of the decade?

ChicagoJ
09-17-2008, 06:19 PM
I love Joey.

Could have used him Sunday night against Winslow.

He really gets into people's heads. Winslow looks like an entirely different player against us now that Joey is gone and he isn't afraid of him anymore.

James Harrison is a better OLB now, but he doesn't scare people like Joey did/ does. And he's not even close to the player that Joey was at his prime.

Of course, at his prime, Joey was almost at the Gregg Lloyd level of striking fear into his opponents.

Joey's only problem is that he hasn't figured out yet that its the rest of the Dolphins backing him up, not the Steelers defense.

Bill Cowher let him run his mouth because it almost always worked out in the intended direction - his teammates would bust their butts to make sure he didn't look bad. He's hoping to get the same reaction in Miami, but I think his new teammates would rather cash their paychecks.

Slick Pinkham
09-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Good old Joey. 3 tackles in two weeks. Mouthed off in 2004 saying he would get payback for the AFC title game loss to the Patriots in 2001. OOPS. Mouthed off last year, guaranteeing a win over Oakland and Duante Culpepper. OOPS.

The dude racks up more stupid remarks than tackles at this late stage of his career. It' a wonder Parcells keeps him around to "lead" the young players. Tell them how to be a jack-arse off the field and slow & out of position on the field.

ChicagoJ
09-17-2008, 10:34 PM
He's also backed up most of his mouthing-off, and he is a lockerroom and off-field leader.

He's the one that spearheaded the Steelers players all wearing Dick LeBeau throwbacks when they went to Detroit for the SB.

His game is clearly in decline, or he'd still be in Pittsburgh. He wasn't much of a player at all in our 8-8 season following the SB. And he was probably starting to show signs of weakness the year of the SB run - he was the heart-and-soul of the defense but no better than the team's third best LB (behind Hagaans and Farrior).

I'd hardly blame him for either the '01 or '04 postseason failures of the Steelers. Special teams, too many pass attempts, and just plain clutch play from the Patriots.

(Hint: its an act, he's trying to get his teammates to step up.)

Moses
09-18-2008, 11:15 AM
I love Joey.

Could have used him Sunday night against Winslow.

He really gets into people's heads. Winslow looks like an entirely different player against us now that Joey is gone and he isn't afraid of him anymore.

James Harrison is a better OLB now, but he doesn't scare people like Joey did/ does. And he's not even close to the player that Joey was at his prime.

Of course, at his prime, Joey was almost at the Gregg Lloyd level of striking fear into his opponents.

Joey's only problem is that he hasn't figured out yet that its the rest of the Dolphins backing him up, not the Steelers defense.

Bill Cowher let him run his mouth because it almost always worked out in the intended direction - his teammates would bust their butts to make sure he didn't look bad. He's hoping to get the same reaction in Miami, but I think his new teammates would rather cash their paychecks.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrrnl_winslow-punks-porter_fun

Doesn't look like Winslow is scared of Porter to me. Porter is a scrub and probably one of the least liked guys in the NFL with good reason. You of all people should remember when he shoved an injured Todd Heap to the ground when they were lining up just to spike the ball to save a timeout...and thats just one of his mini tyrades. He and a bunch of his thug friends jumped Levi Jones 4 on 1..wow what a tough guy. Hope you don't live next door to the guy either..doesn't seem to keep a handle on his pitbulls.

And on a side note, I would blame Winslows lack of stats against the Steelers largely because Charlie Frye was the starting QB for the Browns and Winslow was coming off of a catastrophic knee injury, not Joey Porter..he sucks in pass coverage anyways. Winslow is just now starting to be 100%.

Shade
09-18-2008, 11:25 AM
:patriots: 27
:dolphins: 3

ChicagoJ
09-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Yeah, once.

J-Peezy got the better of him dozens of times.

Porter doesn't mean to offend anybody but Kellen Winslow.

avoidingtheclowns
09-18-2008, 12:21 PM
Winslow looks like an entirely different player against us now that Joey.

did winslow drop passes differently when porter was a steeler?

Sollozzo
09-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Yeah, once.

J-Peezy got the better of him dozens of times.

Porter doesn't mean to offend anybody but Kellen Winslow.

Give me a break, Winslow was practically a rookie in 2006 (the only season that he faced a Steelers Porter). He played 2 games in 04 before suffering a broken right fibula that kept him out the entire season. Then before the 05 season started, he got in a motorcycle accident and missed that entire year as well.

You have a pretty small sample size as well, given the fact that Winslow just met the Steelers Porter twice. And Moses' clip shows that Winslow got the better of him at least once. Also, one of Winslow's 3 2006 TD's came against Pittsburgh.

I would certainly hope that "J-Peezy" (I can't believe I just typed that) would have gotten the better of a guy who had played just 2 games in 2 years because of 2 devastating injuries. It would have been flat out embarrassing if he didn't, considering Porter was like an 8 year vet at the time and had made Pro Bowls.

Your acting as if it's some sort of noteworthy accomplishment when a pro bowl linebacker takes care of a guy who was for all practical purposes a rookie. That would be almost as bad as me bragging that Marvin Harrison schooled a rookie Cortland Finnegan in 2006 (can't remember what he did on him specifically, just making a point).

I mean, it's not like he was owning TO or Marvin Harrison. He was getting the better of a guy that was practically a ROOKIE.

ChicagoJ
09-18-2008, 12:52 PM
did winslow drop passes differently when porter was a steeler?

Yeah, he was looking over his shoulder or away from the ball, wondering where the hit was coming from.

Now, he just drops passes the regular Braylon-Edwards way.

ChicagoJ
09-18-2008, 01:06 PM
Huh? If a LB like Joey is getting the better of a WR, its a fourth-stringer, not a gamebreaker like TO or Marvin. They would never put a LB in coverage for a #1/ #2 WR. Double-coverage, perhaps, but not in Pittsburgh's scheme.

Joey covered the TE or RB when he wasn't blitzing.

I would have said Jarramy Stevens, as that is a better example of the Joey Porter effect, but the Steelers just played the Browns and Winslow actually had two plays - mostly against Polamalu who is a bit undersized against Winslow by 6 inches and forty pounds - that he wouldn't have had if Joey were on the field. We didn't play the Seahawks last Sunday so I didn't use that reference. Sorry.

There's no way Winslow even tries to tip the ball to himself if Joey is anywhere near him. Joey would have hit him hard enough to knock him into next week. And Winslow knows it.

Moses
09-18-2008, 02:34 PM
I don't know if some of you guys have just never seen Winslow play, but he has great hands. Probably some of the best in the league at the TE position.

ChicagoJ
09-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Perhaps you've never seen him looking over his shoulders when there is a hard hitting LB like Porter on the field?

He plays differently against Troy, because he has a size advantage.

I've seen a difference in him based on matchups.

Lord Helmet
09-18-2008, 05:59 PM
:patriots: 31
:dolphins: 10

avoidingtheclowns
09-18-2008, 06:09 PM
I don't know if some of you guys have just never seen Winslow play, but he has great hands. Probably some of the best in the league at the TE position.

to be fair, i mixed up winslow and edwards from the sunday night game when crafting my snarky two cents. my bad.

Infinite MAN_force
09-21-2008, 03:33 PM
He's also backed up most of his mouthing-off...

Well, looks like the dolphins are backing it up right now for sure.

Moses
09-21-2008, 04:36 PM
Ronnie Brown absolutely abused us today. The Pats had no answer when Brown lined up under center and took a direct snap..talk about embarrassing. Cassel was terrible today.

MrSparko
09-21-2008, 04:41 PM
No one deserves that...

Shade
09-21-2008, 11:28 PM
Joey Porter > you

:shrug:

ChicagoJ
09-21-2008, 11:33 PM
I didn't watch the game, but it looks like Joey Porter had three sacks, forced a fumble, and the Dolphins defense held the Pats to 216 total yards.

I know Cassel is not Brady, but that's a big game from the 'fins defense.

Maybe he isn't such a numbskull after all...

Joey can't do that week-in and week-out any more, but he can still have big games on occasion.

ChicagoJ
09-22-2008, 12:03 AM
:patriots: 31
:dolphins: 10

If I were you, I would claim you put the logos in the wrong order. You were close on the actual score, though.

ChicagoJ
09-22-2008, 12:10 AM
he sucks in pass coverage anyways.

I just saw this. 12 career INTs for a LB/ former DE that is primarily a pass rusher and run stopper is nothing to sneeze at. While he mostly plays going foward, he could play the entire field vertically in his prime.

Again, I wouldn't put him in pass coverage much at this stage of his career.

Lord Helmet
09-22-2008, 04:38 PM
If I were you, I would claim you put the logos in the wrong order. You were close on the actual score, though.
:laugh:

ChicagoJ
09-22-2008, 05:40 PM
Michael Silver archives...

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1105668/1/index.htm

Slick Pinkham
09-22-2008, 05:51 PM
another one from the archives:

The last super-embarassing regular season loss was not so damaging in the end:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=230907002

Bledsoe and Milloy combined to stick it their former team, the New England Patriots, sparking the Bills to a dominating 31-0 victory in their opener.

No, I'm not saying it's 2003 again. I am saying that one awful day could cause people to jump too quickly to incorrect conclusions.

A coach once said something like this, though some call it Kool-Aid:

Last year, last week, and yesterday don’t matter. Each game is its own entity. Today no points are added or subtracted due to the past. If we all do our jobs we can win, but if not, then we ought to lose, and to anybody. Whatever the outcome, don't cry about any bad breaks. It is what it is. We’ll do the best with what we have. Victories aren't cheap. Each win has to be earned by superior effort and execution, not by a God-given right, over someone who wants to take it from us. Now do your job!

ChicagoJ
11-03-2008, 12:23 AM
He's traded Tom's Numbskull award into the defensive player of the month award. Not bad...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08307/924710-87.stm

They say you should never look back because someone might be gaining on you. But that hasn't stopped Joey Porter. He knows exactly who is in his rear-view mirror in the NFL sacks race.

1. Porter, Miami Dolphins, 10 1/2. ... 2. DeMarcus Ware, Dallas Cowboys, 9. ... 3. James Harrison, Steelers, 8 1/2. ... 4. LaMarr Woodley, Steelers, 7 1/2.

"Those Pittsburgh guys, they're coming on every play," Porter was saying over the telephone last week. "Good for them. I begged them to let me do that when I was there. They wouldn't turn me loose."

You should have heard Steelers linebacker James Farrior laugh when he heard that.

"Yeah, he begged. He and Clark [Haggans] both begged," Farrior said. "They're so mad right now. [Harrison and Woodley] aren't coming on every play, but they're rushing a lot more than those guys did."

Actually, Porter isn't mad at all. I can't speak for Haggans, who moved on to the Arizona Cardinals after last season and has one sack, but there's absolutely nothing wrong in Porter's world. Not when his Dolphins are 3-4 with a game in Denver today after going 1-15 last season. Not when he's on pace to break the NFL sacks record set in 2001 by the New York Giants' Michael Strahan ( 22 1/2.) And not when he's showing a lot of people -- including those in Steelers management -- that he still has a little something left on the football field at 31.

"What are they saying about me up there now?" Porter asked.

"Last year, everybody said Pittsburgh was smart for letting me go, that I was done.

"What are they saying about me now?"

They're too happy with Harrison, Woodley and the Steelers' 5-2 record to pay much attention to what's happening in Miami. But that doesn't change the fact Porter is having a tremendous season, good enough for him to get NFL Defensive Player of the Year consideration if he keeps it up.

"I'm so happy for him. It means the world to him to prove to everybody that he isn't fading away," said Farrior, who talks with Porter every week and described him as "real fired up."

This season is especially satisfying for Porter because of the abuse he took last year in South Florida. The Dolphins brought him in after the '06 season and gave him big money -- a $12 million signing bonus and $20 million guaranteed -- after the Steelers released him, deciding he wasn't worth the $5 million he was supposed to make with them in '07. That made him an easy target when the Dolphins lost, especially when he had just 5 1/2 sacks.

"Sure, it hurt. It's gotta hurt," Porter said of the criticism. "But what could I do? There was nothing I could do to make it right. It's not as if I could go outside the defense and just do my thing so I could prove everybody wrong. I had to play my role. That [4-3] defense wasn't designed for me to get sacks. I could have been 23 and it would have been the same thing. The defense was designed for Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas to make plays. That was cool. They made plays. It was what it was."

Bill Parcells came in late last season to run the Dolphins' football operations. "He revamped everything," Porter said. "I like the direction we're going."

Tony Sparano was hired as coach and Paul Pasqualoni as defensive coordinator. They installed a 3-4 defense, which better suits Porter as an outside linebacker.

For his part, Porter trained harder in the offseason than he ever had, adding 10 pounds of muscle. He's 6-foot-3, 260.

"People look at me and say, 'You look a little faster. What happened?' " Porter said. "We had a system change, that's what happened.

"They've got me in a good position right now. There's no holding me back. They're giving me freedom to do what I do best."
Porter was named AFC Defensive Player of the Month for October. He had two sacks and forced a fumble that resulted in a safety last Sunday in a win against Buffalo. He had two sacks the week before against Baltimore. He had four sacks and a forced fumble in a win against New England Sept. 21.

"I ain't stopping now," Porter told the Miami media last week. "It ain't like I'm going to turn my motor off -- 'I've got 10 [sacks]. I've done my job.' Nah."

Porter wouldn't be Porter if he didn't say something that makes you shake your head and say what the heck ...

So it was in our telephone conversation when he suggested the Steelers intentionally held down his sack total in '06 by having him drop into pass coverage more often because he was playing for a new contract.

"I'm serious," Porter said. "They won't let you get too crazy when you're in your money year. They have ways of slowing you down."

Hey, that's Porter's story and he's sticking to it.

It doesn't matter now. What matters is that Porter has found happiness in Miami. He openly longed last season for his old Steelers pals, Farrior and nose tackle Casey Hampton among them. But he's past that even if he still follows the Steelers closely.

Especially Harrison and Woodley, of course.

"The Steelers have moved on and I've moved on," Porter said. "I love it down here. I love these guys. They're my brothers now.
"One day, I'll be able to say that I was here when we were bad. And I'll definitely be here when we get really good."

Those 10 1/2 sacks are proof the man just might last that long.

Ron Cook can be reached at rcook@post-gazette.com (rcook@post-gazette.com). More articles by this author (http://www.post-gazette.com/search/archive.asp?cCat=87)
First published on November 2, 2008 at 12:01 am

Moses
11-03-2008, 12:34 AM
I still hate Porter, but you can't deny how well he has been playing. He is one of the main reasons for Miami's resurgent defense.

ChicagoJ
11-03-2008, 10:00 AM
What's there to hate?

First of all, without Joey, no way do you ever get your hands on Vrabel. He makes the rotation and we keep him. The problem wasn't Vrabel's ability, but that we had Gildon and then Joey (and for a couple of years, both) on the outside and that was an impossible tandem to break into.

Secondly, if Joey played for your team, you'd love him. He's like the John Starks of football - easy to dislike when he's the opponent but immediately loveable for all the same reasons when he's on your team.

Moses
11-03-2008, 11:48 AM
What's there to hate?

First of all, without Joey, no way do you ever get your hands on Vrabel. He makes the rotation and we keep him. The problem wasn't Vrabel's ability, but that we had Gildon and then Joey (and for a couple of years, both) on the outside and that was an impossible tandem to break into.

Secondly, if Joey played for your team, you'd love him. He's like the John Starks of football - easy to dislike when he's the opponent but immediately loveable for all the same reasons when he's on your team.
I have no problem with guys who are passionate for the game and have poor reputation around the league (We did have Rodney Harrison and do have Wilfork) but Joey Porter is a jackass off of the field. I don't dislike him as a player, but he has got a lot of work to do off the field (In other words, he is a huge punk).

Since86
11-03-2008, 03:17 PM
What's there to hate?

Maybe because he never shuts his mouth, and this:
http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&fg=rss&vid=eb84e68c-e29c-4c9a-84fc-5c482a0a608c&from=33

ChicagoJ
11-03-2008, 03:42 PM
He's got a misdemeanor against him from the Levi Jones incident in Vegas and he got shot in the back once because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

This is why I am starting to dislike professional sports - I'm not crazy about his off-field antics but I'd like to get back to the point where I can just ignore everything that happens off the court/ field. Relative to a lot of other jerks, his rap sheet just isn't all that long - not that it justifies it but they are much bigger problems out there.

Since86
11-03-2008, 04:37 PM
His attitude after the fact is the most repulsive part of the situation. Absolutely no remorse for him and 3 friends sucker punching him and then beating him 4 on 1.

I'd 'hate' on him even if he wasn't famous for what happened. I guess it's a fault of mine to expect people to behave like responsible adults.

ChicagoJ
11-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Yeah, I just don't care. There are two sides to the story and obviously it wasn't anything more than a misdemeanor.

According to the Bengals,

The Bengals didn't have much to say about the latest incident involving one of their players. Over a nine-month period, nine Bengals have been arrested.

"We have determined that he did not sustain any serious injuries," team spokesman Jack Brennan said of Jones. "Other than that, it's just not something that warrants any comment."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2804097

I think its the trumped-up-then-dropped charges against Tinsley thing that just make me want to ignore all of this nonsense. These guys are targets and the expectations are crazy and the behavior is unexcusably bad. Its no-win. You can come up with dirt on just about every athlete out there. I don't expect them to be role models.

I spend my time waffling between, "I don't care what any of them do as long as it doesn't affect the team" and "I don't care about any of them anymore." What I know I'm not going to do is spend time worrying about offcourt/ offfield bull**** if it clearly doesn't affect the team, and a misdemeaner from a football player in March that doesn't result in any suspensions is clearly a non-event.

Since86
11-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Two sides to the story? I don't care if Jones told Joey he would eat his first born. Sucker punching a man with 3 other guys is the definition of cowardice.

I think it's the trumped up stories on Ron that makes me don't care. Who cares if he threw a TV, or fought with JO. Honestly, all that matters is what he does on the court.

And Joey DID get suspended.

ChicagoJ
11-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Now you're just being arguementative. Fighting with teammates during the season is not the same as a fight with an opponent in Vegas during the offseason.

Nowhere did I say it was okay. I'm just saying that I'm tired of these conversations overtaking a conversation about sports. There are always two sides to the story.

I'm tired that the Pacers put me through several seasons where the offcourt b.s. was more important than the oncourt performance. That isn't why I watch sports and I'm sick of it.

Since86
11-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Now you're just being arguementative.

And yet I'm not defending Joey acting like a complete punk by sucker punching someone with 3 other men. Fighting in the middle of a casino is bad enough, blind siding the guy you want to fight is even worse.

You said you didn't care what they did as long as it didn't affect them on the field, yet completely disregarded the fact that he was suspended for his actions against Levi Jones, for 3 games.

I don't care what the other side of the story is, just like I said. Levi could have told Joey his mother wore combat boots, for all I care. Talk is just that, TALK.

You asked what there was to hate about Joey, and that's a pretty good example of why people don't like the man.

ChicagoJ
11-04-2008, 06:26 PM
I'm not defending what Joey did. I'm saying I don't care.

I'm not sure where you are getting the three-game suspension from. Joey played all 16 games for Miami last year. He got a hefty fine, of course.

I hate to interrupt your argument with facts, and Joey has been suspended/ kicked out of a game for the famous pre-game incident with Williams Green that led to the "Joey Porter rule" but that was strangely enough part of how Joey motivates and leads his teammates (we won that game 24-10 behind a defense that was stepping up to cover for Joey.)

In season, I have a hard time believing Joey would do anything like that to hurt his team, as he is focused on being a leader.

This happened during Joey's transition from being beloved by his coaches, teammates and fans in Pittsburgh to being the new, highly-paid guy in Miami.

It seems it really took Joey a year to adjust to the changes that came when he left Pittsburgh (by management's choice, not Joey's.)

Your example is a one-off, out of character incident. After watching him very closely for eight years, that incident never crosses my mind. What I do think of is when he organized all of the defensive players to wear Dick LeBeau Detroit Lions throwback jerseys when the team got to Detroit for the SuperBowl. It wasn't just a homecoming for Bettis, but also for the other highly-respected old man with the Steelers. Or i think of how much Bill Cowher and LeBeau admired him for his leadership and willingness to be a complete, every down player instead of just a blitz-the-QB specialist.

Pacersfan46
11-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Attacking Levi Jones is okay because it was 'just a misdemeanor'?! You've got to be joking.

It's okay, he only broke the law a little bit. I mean, it's not like he REALLY broke the law, right? HA!

If he is a normal guy without millions of dollars, it's a felony. Getting high paid lawyers makes things much easier in the judicial system.

Okay because it's a misdemeanor .... what a joke. LOL

-- Steve --

DGPR
11-05-2008, 07:45 AM

I'm not sure where you are getting the three-game suspension from. Joey played all 16 games for Miami last year. He got a hefty fine, of course.

I hate to interrupt your argument with facts, and Joey has been suspended/ kicked out of a game for the famous pre-game incident with Williams Green that led to the "Joey Porter rule" but that was strangely enough part of how Joey motivates and leads his teammates (we won that game 24-10 behind a defense that was stepping up to cover for Joey.)

In season, I have a hard time believing Joey would do anything like that to hurt his team, as he is focused on being a leader.

This happened during Joey's transition from being beloved by his coaches, teammates and fans in Pittsburgh to being the new, highly-paid guy in Miami.

It seems it really took Joey a year to adjust to the changes that came when he left Pittsburgh (by management's choice, not Joey's.)

Your example is a one-off, out of character incident. After watching him very closely for eight years, that incident never crosses my mind. What I do think of is when he organized all of the defensive players to wear Dick LeBeau Detroit Lions throwback jerseys when the team got to Detroit for the SuperBowl. It wasn't just a homecoming for Bettis, but also for the other highly-respected old man with the Steelers. Or i think of how much Bill Cowher and LeBeau admired him for his leadership and willingness to be a complete, every down player instead of just a blitz-the-QB specialist.

Maybe he was suspended from playing in the playoffs with the Dolphins last year. Oh wait....................... Bazzingg!

ChicagoJ
11-05-2008, 10:19 AM
Attacking Levi Jones is okay because it was 'just a misdemeanor'?! You've got to be joking.

I'm not sure I'm joking. I think you might be struggling with reading comprehension.

There's a big difference between,

I'm not crazy about his off-field antics

Relative to a lot of other jerks, his rap sheet just isn't all that long - not that it justifies it but they are much bigger problems out there.
(emphasis added)

Nowhere did I say it was okay.(emphasis added again, just to make sure)

Clearly I don't approve of what he did. There's no way you can possibly suggest I think it was okay. I happen to believe it is a one-time, out of character event with Joey and he's paid his price to society and the NFL for it. If I thought the Club Rio incident was a one-time, out of characater event I would have had a much different reaction. But clearly I don't approve of this type of nonsense. Duh.

I don't expect athletes to be perfect. I admire the way Joey Porter aggressively approaches each and every game, and the way he attacks each and every blitz, coverage, running lane. I admire the way he motivated and led his teammates in Pittsburgh, I admire the relationship he had with both Coach Cowher and Coach LeBeau, and I just don't give a rat's *** about an isolated offseason incident from which we don't really know either side of the story.

In a similar manner, fifteen years ago I didn't really care when Barkley and Reggie got into the incident in the restaurant in Cleveland. Why? Because I considered it out of character for Reggie. And while someone can always find examples of bad behavior of athletes and movie stars, when the charges are minor or dropped it tells me that someone (usually in the media) is making a bigger deal of out of it than it really is/ was.

Jonathan
11-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Joey Porter vs Brandon Marshall

http://deadspin.com/5077039/brandon-marshall-would-like-to-get-a-few-things-off-his-chest

Pacersfan46
11-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Yeah, I just don't care. There are two sides to the story and obviously it wasn't anything more than a misdemeanor.

You forgot that quote.

You can say the things you quoted all you like, but the rest of your text is defending it regardless. I can say I am not racist, but if the rest of my conversation consists of things saying otherwise, guess what? You won't walk away believing me. Same concept, different subject matter.

My reading comprehension is fine, yours has a case of tunnel vision apparently. I forgot, those quotes were the only thing I should have read. I forgot.

Silly.

-- Steve --

ChicagoJ
11-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Where does "I think what he did is okay" appear in this,

?????

It looks to me like it says,

A) I don't really care about this incident, because...
B) Everyone who wasn't there but has an opinion is basing this opinion on limited facts (like a video on YouTube - what does that prove?) at best and overreacting at worst. In fact, Since86's opinion was either based on incorrect facts or perhaps strategically placed lies regarding his "3 game suspension", take your pick. Knowing Since86 (and arguing with him reguarly), I'm inclined to believe that he just got the facts wrong instead of blatantly posting lies to support his position. He's too good at arguing his point to need to resort to lies.

Back to the point, the police/ prosecutor/ whomever had a duty to peform a full investigation and the best they could do was a misdemeanor. Not acceptable behavior of course, but nothing like the "JOEY PORTER AND HIS POSSE COMMITTED ATTEMPTED MURDER AND WE HAVE IT ON TAPE" hysteria that has been appearing in this thread.

Worst case scenario, being that your intrepretation of this comment is that I think what Joey did was acceptable, and I'm still 4-1 (now 6-1 including my last two posts) against it.

Since86
11-06-2008, 10:31 AM
How many times, without serious bodily injury, is felony assualt persued?

Especially for people with no criminal record. 99.9% of the time it gets pleaded down to a misdemeanor offense.

And I'll correct my mistake. He was fined 3games worth of pay.

Pacersfan46
11-06-2008, 08:17 PM
What does the video prove? Been a while since I've seen it, but I believe it proves Levi wasn't even paying them any attention when they jumped him out of nowhere .... that of course, doesn't matter at all .... He probably provoked it with the back of his head

Eh, forgot who I was talking to. Your like the croz of the Colts part of the site, especially about anything Steeler related. It's impossible to even have a discussion with you, to be honest. Reminds me of one of those people who will never concede anything even with proof right in their face, just too much pride.

Here, you 'win', does that make you feel better? Swelling with pride inside, I'm sure. This is the 2nd, and last time I even attempt a discussion with you. Too illogical, too bias, and too overbearing. Enjoy your 'victory'. See ya.

-- Steve --