Will Galen
06-17-2004, 10:08 AM
Year One. Contract negotiations.

Player: "I want the max!"

GM: "Giving you the max will hamstring the team."

Player: "I want to be treated fair, I want to be paid what I'm worth."

(Player receives the max)

Year Five.

Player: "I'm going to opt out because the team isn't surrounding me with good players. I want to play for a contender."
-----

What brought this up? I was just reading where Shaq is grumbling about the players surrounding him.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/la-sp-lakers16jun16,0,552197.story?coll=sfla-sports-heat

On his way to a bus that took the Laker's to Los Angeles and scattered them all for the summer, O'Neal grumbled about the organization's inability to provide him with more (help). Shaq made $26 million this year and is scheduled to make $29 million next year.

Then there is Tracy McGrady making the max and complaining because he doesn't like losing.

A bunch of Pampered Pink Polly's if you ask me!

indygeezer
06-17-2004, 10:20 AM
A bunch of Pampered Pink Polly's if you ask me!

:rotflmao:

CLASSIC

ChicagoJ
06-17-2004, 10:29 AM
McGrady's problem is that Orlando was willing to spend the money.

On Grant Hill.

D'oh!

ABADays
06-17-2004, 03:28 PM
Hurumph!

Snickers
06-17-2004, 03:29 PM
Just a big suck!! :P

MagicRat
06-17-2004, 04:05 PM

I didn't realize you were Canadian.... :P

kerosene
06-17-2004, 04:16 PM
McGrady's problem is that Orlando was willing to spend the money.

On Grant Hill.

D'oh!

And Tim Duncan.

And if Duncan would've signed then Orlando would've had to swing a S&T to give McGrady his max deal. And I'm not sure they could've pulled that off with Toronto then.

Snickers
06-17-2004, 05:52 PM

What the bloody bollocks, eh? :P

I don't think Shaq has much to complain about. Remember, up until the Finals the Lakers were a team chock full of HOFers. And as for Tmac, he was one piece of what the Magic had hoped would be a team of superstar and star talent, but didn't pan out [see]

Anthem
06-17-2004, 10:46 PM
Grant Hill has been injured for a long time, that's besides the point. The point is that every year the Magic GM has made the team WORSE. With the exception of PF, he's downgraded every position every year. Wasn't long ago that they could put Armstrong, Mike Miller, TMac, Doleac, and a stiff out on the floor together. All that's left is TMac, and they didn't get much (or anything) in return for most of those players.

sweabs
06-18-2004, 12:17 AM

What the bloody bollocks, eh? :P

:laugh:

We say "bloody bollocks"?