PDA

View Full Version : Good Indpls. Monthly Article on Manning

Sollozzo
09-16-2008, 06:14 PM
http://www.indianapolismonthly.com/articleNew.aspx?id=26012&page=1

Manning and the writer reflect on his first 10 years in Indianapolis. It talks about the fact that he doesn't go out much (which isn't a surprise), and how pleased he is to see how downtown has continued to grow since he came here.

We're so fortunate to have one of the all time greats play here. The 10 years with him have gone quickly. I really hope the next 5 years go very slow. We need to treasure every game with him as we are watching one of the all time greats.

Gamble1
09-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Do you guys think Manny is a jerk to fans outside of promotional crap.

I am just wondering because I have heard this from more than one person who has tried to say hello to him.

Shade
09-16-2008, 09:50 PM
I never tried to talk to him personally, but the few times I saw him up close he did appear to be somewhat unapproachable.

Sollozzo
09-16-2008, 10:38 PM
He's a major fish in a tiny pond. And he's human. Everyone wants some sense of privacy. It has to get old getting hounded by fans every time you step out into a public place. Of course you can say that he makes 10's of millions a year so he should deal with it. But every person, no matter how famous, wants some element of privacy when they go out. Manning probably gets none.

In a Chicago or New York he would have a much easier time going out, as seeing celebrities isn't as big a deal in those cities.

Gamble1
09-17-2008, 09:50 PM
He's a major fish in a tiny pond. And he's human. Everyone wants some sense of privacy. It has to get old getting hounded by fans every time you step out into a public place. Of course you can say that he makes 10's of millions a year so he should deal with it. But every person, no matter how famous, wants some element of privacy when they go out. Manning probably gets none.

In a Chicago or New York he would have a much easier time going out, as seeing celebrities isn't as big a deal in those cities.
I don't know if I agree to that.... Clark was with Manning at the time and was hospitable but Manning didn't even turn around.

It may come down to personality but is that really just a lame excuse. You want the lime light with none of the negative consequences?

Lord Helmet
09-18-2008, 05:56 PM
He was nice to me when I got his autograph during a Celtics - Pacers playoff game back in '04.

But then again I was 15 and probably looked even younger......

Young
09-24-2008, 08:37 PM
It would not suprise me if Peyton is "unapproachable".

He seems like the type that doesn't want attnetion.