PDA

View Full Version : Pacers and Kings trade possible? and more Pacers - Magic trade stuff

Unclebuck
06-17-2004, 09:43 AM
I am a paying customer of ESPN Insider and Chad Ford today has some interesting trade tidbits and some involve the Pacers.

Kings might be wiling to trade Christie and Peja for Ron and Al. I bet they would.

Ford says he is hearing the trade between the Pacers and Magic is AL and either Ron or Jon for T-Mac. Bender and Ron are base year compensation until June 30th, so nothing can be done until then.

Seems very likely that the Magic are looking to trade, McGrady

ABADays
06-17-2004, 09:47 AM
Christie!!!!! Our women would have to go into hiding. I wouldn't want him just because of his wife.

Cactus Jax
06-17-2004, 09:51 AM
Sign up for either one. :dance: :pepper: I still like the McGrady one better, just becuase I would not be sure if Peja needs to have a motion offense for his game to be so good.

But if it's Al and Bender for T-Mac... :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper:

Slick Pinkham
06-17-2004, 09:57 AM
Christie is fading almost as fast as Reggie. He still plays decnt D, just for now.

Pass.

fwpacerfan
06-17-2004, 10:01 AM
Al and JB for TMac? As Larry the Cable Guy says "Git R Dun!!!!"

Cactus Jax
06-17-2004, 10:04 AM
I think once the Magic get/got the news McGrady officially wants out, they'll be in some sort of desperation to find a suitor for him...Advantage Pacers :devil:.

The only team I worry about, which is why this trade needs to be done July 1, would be the Lakers. S&T Kobe for T-Mac.

Unclebuck
06-17-2004, 10:05 AM
What if the Kings offered Bobby Jackson

Pig Nash
06-17-2004, 10:25 AM

I thought Bobby was a FA?

BigMac
06-17-2004, 10:40 AM
The only team I worry about, which is why this trade needs to be done July 1, would be the Lakers. S&T Kobe for T-Mac.

T-Mac has publicly said he doesn't want to play for the Lakers. I read that yesterday on a link from this forum. If someone could find that, that would be great. So, I'm not worried about the Lakers. And Kobe won't want to play in Orlando (just a guess-don't think he wants to be in a rebuilding program).

sixthman
06-17-2004, 10:55 AM

I thought Bobby was a FA?

Hoopshype shows Bobby under contract this coming season with a team option next year. Real GM shows him with one year left.

Put Bobby Jackson in the trade, if he is guaranteed healthy, and it changes things dramatically for the Pacers I think.

With a healthy Bobby Jackson last season, we might have slid by the Pistons.

diego
06-17-2004, 11:04 AM
well the only way i want any trade withthe kings is if Jackson is involved. But even then I would not want to give up Artest. With Peja, we woul REALLY need Artests defense. I would be willing to trade Al/Jon for Peja and Jackson. I like that better than TMAC.

Will Galen
06-17-2004, 11:35 AM
well the only way i want any trade withthe kings is if Jackson is involved. But even then I would not want to give up Artest. With Peja, we woul REALLY need Artests defense. I would be willing to trade Al/Jon for Peja and Jackson. I like that better than TMAC.

Ooooohhhh! So do I!

Eight man rotation.

JO/Cro
Ron/Peja
Foster/JO
Peja/Miller
Tins/Jackson

I don't know how it could be done I haven't looked at it, but they would probably be one team that would be happy to have Pollard back. Of course what I'm reading is the Kings want to get rid of Webber, not Peja.

indygeezer
06-17-2004, 11:42 AM
You knew it was bound to happen: I just read an LA Times article (via HoopsHype) that mentioned an O'Neal for O'Neal swap. Rebuild the LAkers and let Indiana win the title next year.

Sorry it's aregistered site that won't let me copy the URL or the article. As I said I found it on HoopsHype

Fool
06-17-2004, 11:44 AM
Christie + Peja. Peja has disappeared in the playoffs before (twice) but you can't ask for a better outside shooter and his defense is underated (though thats in the West where no one plays it). While I like to make fun of Mrs. Christie he is a good defender w/o much help in Sac. and though his offense isn't great it is passable.

G-Tinsley + Christie
F- Peja + J.O.
C - Foster

This takes care of your guard problem (Reggie has to come off the bench) but leaves you week down low. You are now a slashing + jump shooting team with J.O. pounding it low. I like the balance in this squad though J.O. can still be doubled low Peja is your new Reggie who can be used to take advantage of a double team.

Of course if all the Magic want is Al and Jon then someone has left their brain at the airport.

G-Tinsley + T-Mac
F- Artest + J.O.
C-Foster

This is so obviously good it doesn't need analysis. T-Mac for Al and Ron however.

G-Tinsley + Reggie
F - McGrady + J.O.
C - Foster

This team scores a lot more and I don't think J.O gets doubled with T-Mac able to slash or shoot so well and post up if a small gaurd is rotated on him. McGrady lets up a lot of point to quality SF and you Gs are not helped (maybe one of your bench can step up there). I don't think you can put T-Mac at SG as you just traded away both your SFs and putting Cro or Bender at SF is worse than leaving Reggie at 2.

I can't believe that Sac. would let go off Jackson as he is so good there and last I knew they all loved him (management I mean) and I assume this talk is Jackson instead of Christie rather than the earlier deal plus Jackson (all three for Ron and Al is just unfathomable). Jackson is a PG who would have to start over Tinsley moving Tins to the bench. You would now have depth at PG but still be really shallow at SG (mainly two back-up with one playing as a starter). Jackson's D isn't remarkable and so this trade would really just add to your strengths while not helping your weaknesses (while hurting your defense at the same time). BTW, there is no way Sac would trade Peja (MVP vote getter) and Jackson (6th man vote getter every year and would have been this year if he wasn't hurt) for Al and Bender.

MagicRat
06-17-2004, 11:46 AM
I like this one....... :devil: :rolleyes:

Indiana trades: PF Al Harrington (13.3 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.7 apg in 30.9 minutes)
PF Austin Croshere (5.0 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.7 apg in 13.7 minutes)
C Scot Pollard (1.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.2 apg in 11.1 minutes)
Indiana receives: C Brad Miller (14.1 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 4.3 apg in 36.4 minutes)
C Peja Stojakovic (14.1 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 4.3 apg in 36.4 minutes)
PG Bobby Jackson (13.8 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 2.1 apg in 23.7 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +7.9 ppg, +1.5 rpg, and +3.8 apg.

Sacramento trades: C Brad Miller (14.1 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 4.3 apg in 36.4 minutes)
Sacramento receives: PF Al Harrington (13.3 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.7 apg in 79 games)
PF Austin Croshere (5.0 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.7 apg in 77 games)
C Scot Pollard (1.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.2 apg in 61 games)
Change in team outlook: -7.9 ppg, -1.5 rpg, and -3.8 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Indiana and Sacramento being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and Sacramento had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have been assigned Trade ID number 1648133

able
06-17-2004, 11:56 AM
I like this one....... :devil: :rolleyes:

Indiana trades: PF Al Harrington (13.3 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.7 apg in 30.9 minutes)
PF Austin Croshere (5.0 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.7 apg in 13.7 minutes)
C Scot Pollard (1.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.2 apg in 11.1 minutes)
Indiana receives: C Brad Miller (14.1 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 4.3 apg in 36.4 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +7.9 ppg, +1.5 rpg, and +3.8 apg.

Sacramento trades: C Brad Miller (14.1 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 4.3 apg in 36.4 minutes)
Sacramento receives: PF Al Harrington (13.3 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.7 apg in 79 games)
PF Austin Croshere (5.0 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.7 apg in 77 games)
C Scot Pollard (1.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.2 apg in 61 games)
Change in team outlook: -7.9 ppg, -1.5 rpg, and -3.8 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Indiana and Sacramento being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and Sacramento had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have been assigned Trade ID number 1648133

:rotflmao:

I would throw in our #1 pick for the next 3 years as well, seeing as they will be #29 or 30 anyway :D

ROCislandWarrior
06-17-2004, 12:16 PM
Christie + Peja. Peja has disappeared in the playoffs before (twice) but you can't ask for a better outside shooter and his defense is underated (though thats in the West where no one plays it). While I like to make fun of Mrs. Christie he is a good defender w/o much help in Sac. and though his offense isn't great it is passable.

G-Tinsley + Christie
F- Peja + J.O.
C - Foster

This takes care of your guard problem (Reggie has to come off the bench) but leaves you week down low. You are now a slashing + jump shooting team with J.O. pounding it low. I like the balance in this squad though J.O. can still be doubled low Peja is your new Reggie who can be used to take advantage of a double team.

Of course if all the Magic want is Al and Jon then someone has left their brain at the airport.

G-Tinsley + T-Mac
F- Artest + J.O.
C-Foster

This is so obviously good it doesn't need analysis. T-Mac for Al and Ron however.

G-Tinsley + Reggie
F - McGrady + J.O.
C - Foster

This team scores a lot more and I don't think J.O gets doubled with T-Mac able to slash or shoot so well and post up if a small gaurd is rotated on him. McGrady lets up a lot of point to quality SF and you Gs are not helped (maybe one of your bench can step up there). I don't think you can put T-Mac at SG as you just traded away both your SFs and putting Cro or Bender at SF is worse than leaving Reggie at 2.

I can't believe that Sac. would let go off Jackson as he is so good there and last I knew they all loved him (management I mean) and I assume this talk is Jackson instead of Christie rather than the earlier deal plus Jackson (all three for Ron and Al is just unfathomable). Jackson is a PG who would have to start over Tinsley moving Tins to the bench. You would now have depth at PG but still be really shallow at SG (mainly two back-up with one playing as a starter). Jackson's D isn't remarkable and so this trade would really just add to your strengths while not helping your weaknesses (while hurting your defense at the same time). BTW, there is no way Sac would trade Peja (MVP vote getter) and Jackson (6th man vote getter every year and would have been this year if he wasn't hurt) for Al and Bender.

I'd rather have that Tmac, Ron and JO combo. That would be amazing.

I swear, if I ever wake up in the afternoon :devil: and see that the Pacers Traded Al and Jon for Tmac on ESPN I will cry out of a sheer inability to control my joyous emotions.

I was so hyped on Tmac yesterday, I am having trouble getting excited about a Peja/Christie Trade.

Getting Peja/Chrisite does help our inability to guard Rip. It gives us a three-point bomber (just one helluva a shooter). idk...this is an incomplete post...

smoothie
06-17-2004, 12:23 PM
i think the magic are asking too much.

they tell the pacers they want ron, al, jon, and tinsley...

they tell the rockets they want steve, mobley, and cato...

they tell the suns they want marion, johnson, jake, and the lotto pick...

i think if those are the team that tmac said he must be traded too, then all 3 should refuse to give up that much. the pacers should keep jamaal, the rockets keep mobley, and the suns keep the pick.

ChicagoJ
06-17-2004, 12:47 PM
I'm not a fan of this proposed trade with the Kings. Christie is a throw-in/ nearly washed up.

Ron and Al for Peja. I like Peja but not that much.

And again, why would any team in the league want Ron AND Al. If the Pacers, with thier so-called depth, didn't have enough minutes for the two of them, how could the Kings possibly make that work?

Fool
06-17-2004, 01:19 PM
Thats a good point when Al is almost demanding to start and they both play the 3. Though I could see using T-Mac to get a player you plan to use and another player who has high trade value. In fact, that might be the best way to get all you should get for T-Mac. Its hard to find one team that can fill all the needs that Orlando has and is willing to give those players up for one guy.

TheSauceMaster
06-17-2004, 01:31 PM
You knew it was bound to happen: I just read an LA Times article (via HoopsHype) that mentioned an O'Neal for O'Neal swap. Rebuild the LAkers and let Indiana win the title next year.

Sorry it's aregistered site that won't let me copy the URL or the article. As I said I found it on HoopsHype

Sure you can geezer , just right click on the link on hoophype and copy the url , http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-adande17jun17,1,6055734.column?coll=la-headlines-sports
make sure you cut all the extra garbage they add to the link though.

Here is a snipet and it really doesn't say much:

The preference for the Lakers would be to get back contracts that are close to expiring, so they can use the subsequent salary-cap space to retool their roster. Dallas' Antoine Walker ($14.6 million next season) is one such player, but the Lakers would still have to take another $15 million from the Mavericks, and the rest of their big contracts still have multiple years remaining.

Swapping O'Neal to Indiana in a trade built around Jermaine O'Neal would be another possibility; it would put the Pacers in position to win the Eastern Conference next year and give the Lakers a young big man to pair with Bryant.

Suaveness
06-17-2004, 01:35 PM
:rolleyes:

For LA AND Sacramento

They can both kiss my a**.

Shade
06-17-2004, 01:41 PM
We aren't going to give up all 3 SGs and our starting 1 for T-Mac. That's assanine. And we have no need for ANOTHER overpaid PF in Howard.

Any 2 SGs of their choice for T-Mac. That will be the offer. It's up to Orlando if they want it or not. If T-Mac decides he wants to be a Pacer, it's a done deal, as he has to agree to the destination.

I think, at this point, our chances of acquiring McGrady are about 70%. :cool:

Trace
06-17-2004, 01:43 PM
I don't see a trade with the Kings that brings us a long-term solution at SG. Christie is 34 and fading. Peja is a 3, Jackson may be a combo guard, but he's more suited to play PG.

Heck, I'd rather have Ron play 2 and put Al at 3 than do a Kings trade.

Tmac for Bender/Harrington would be too good to be true. Tmac for Artest/Bender sounds more reasonable. Tmac for Artest/Harrington is too much.

Suaveness
06-17-2004, 01:49 PM
We aren't going to give up all 3 SGs and our starting 1 for T-Mac. That's assanine. And we have no need for ANOTHER overpaid PF in Howard.

Any 2 SGs of their choice for T-Mac. That will be the offer. It's up to Orlando if they want it or not. If T-Mac decides he wants to be a Pacer, it's a done deal, as he has to agree to the destination.

I think, at this point, our chances of acquiring McGrady are about 70%. :cool:

You mean SFs? :flirt:

hoopsforlife
06-18-2004, 07:11 PM
You know Bird likes Peja... :)

He is a good shooter. But I would hate to lose Ron though. :(

wintermute
06-19-2004, 03:17 AM
i'm fascinated by the possibilities of a peja-ron swap. but i don't think i would add al into the deal though.

christie's defense would be a nice addition in such a trade, but not enough to give up harrington. maybe if sacto would do peja+christie for artest+pollard? they like pollard right? :D

Kstat
06-19-2004, 03:20 AM
Ron would be an awful fit in sacramento. THeir offense revolves around quick passes and outside shooting. Ron would turn it into muck.

The Kings need interior D more than on the perimeter anyhow.

Nevermind the fact they would likely balk at giving up their best player for artest.