PDA

View Full Version : Water/Plumbing problems

Stryder
09-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Anyone ever had this problem?

I woke up this morning and found a strange rust colored substance in my toilet...when I turned on the faucet to the sink, some tiny beadlike structures flowed out with the water...rust colored...

It has now occured in every faucet and toilet and tub in the house. Could this be the resin beads from the water softener itself? I've got a couple of clogged drains from this and a plumbing service coming in the morning. The water softener has salt. Even the washer is now acting up...

Gyron
09-14-2008, 09:44 AM
I would guess Spicoli would be our plumbing expert. Fortunately I haven't had the issue you are describing....

Good Luck, and hopefully its something very cheap to fix.

Stryder
09-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Well, it turns out that the beads were the resin from the water softener. Time to get a new water softener! Haha.

The service guy was able to flush all of the lines in the house and unclog all fixtures. He also flushed the water heater.

Spicoli
09-14-2008, 06:51 PM
I didn't do it. I swear.

Twes
09-15-2008, 11:13 AM
One time I woke up in a cold sweat with the room filling up with what looked like blood.... but it could have been a different issue from yours.

:disturbed

Shade
09-15-2008, 11:32 AM
One time I woke up in a cold sweat with the room filling up with what looked like blood.... but it could have been a different issue from yours.

:disturbed

Yeah...sorry 'bout that.

Jonathan
09-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Well, it turns out that the beads were the resin from the water softener. Time to get a new water softener! Haha.

The service guy was able to flush all of the lines in the house and unclog all fixtures. He also flushed the water heater.

What did he charge for this?

Stryder
09-17-2008, 06:53 PM
What did he charge for this?

The service charge fee of $59...he is a friend, so he was able to not charge the full amount, why do you ask?

Jonathan
09-19-2008, 11:11 AM
The service charge fee of $59...he is a friend, so he was able to not charge the full amount, why do you ask?

I just wonder how much people pay for plumbing b/c I live off a well and have spent over a thousand of dollars on plumbing in the last year. Back Up Sump Pumps, Well Digging, New Water Heater, etc...

Stryder
09-20-2008, 10:12 AM
I just wonder how much people pay for plumbing b/c I live off a well and have spent over a thousand of dollars on plumbing in the last year. Back Up Sump Pumps, Well Digging, New Water Heater, etc...

I've never lived off a well....any advantages that you see?

Jonathan
09-25-2008, 02:31 PM
I've never lived off a well....any advantages that you see?

No, You have to rent a water softner. I buy bottled water b/c the water is hard. I also have to scrub the hell out of my shower with bom ade every two to three days.

Stryder
09-25-2008, 07:07 PM
No, You have to rent a water softner. I buy bottled water b/c the water is hard. I also have to scrub the hell out of my shower with bom ade every two to three days.

Oh geeze...that really sucks