PDA

View Full Version : Poor Darko

Natston
06-17-2004, 06:43 AM
http://www.detnews.com/2004/pistons/0406/17/b02-186843.htm

I guess the kid can't get any breaks... :o (pun intended)

Stryder
06-17-2004, 07:59 AM
That kid is as fragile as glass. Damn.

Fool
06-17-2004, 08:48 AM
Only Darko man, only Darko.

wintermute
06-17-2004, 09:24 AM
i wonder if pistons are in for a bender saga... :devil:

Bball
06-17-2004, 10:35 AM
i wonder if pistons are in for a bender saga... :devil:

Nope... IMHO....Dumars wouldn't let a Bender saga continue for 5 years.

-Bball

Grant
06-17-2004, 10:53 AM
Hmmm.....kinda like the Trailblazers not letting a Jermaine O'Neal saga continue for 5 years.

:D

Bball
06-17-2004, 11:13 AM
Hmmm.....kinda like the Trailblazers not letting a Jermaine O'Neal saga continue for 5 years.

:D

Not really... If there is something there I think Dumars is smart enough to use it (one way or the other). Don't know that you could say that about Portland at the time. Also, Portland was looking to win right then 'in the moment' and didn't feel JO wasn't going to help with that.

Really, all these players are the poster children for what happens when you draft a player who is extremely young and raw when you are already a winning team. You have no time to develop them properly and can't (or won't) risk your current situation by giving them 'real' minutes. So the teams develop without them.

JO is lucky because Portland sent him somewhere that had a ready made role for him.

Darko may be lucky in that I doubt Dumars will allow him to waste away on the bench or continually getting victory cigar minutes. He and Brown will either carve out a role for him in the next couple of years or move him if they decide he isn't going to work out within a reasonable timeframe.

-Bball