PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young is he done with Football?

Jonathan
09-09-2008, 02:20 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AmU7yL5C8OhA5Un6xYt0R_k5nYcB?slug=ap-titans-young&prov=ap&type=lgns

Lord Helmet
09-10-2008, 12:17 AM
That's kinda sad.

BoomBaby31
09-10-2008, 12:47 AM
I'd say no more then 5 years Vince is out of the league. I remember hearing many months back about Young pondering the possibility of retiring/quiting football due to stress. If he does retire, I hope he does it smart. Save a large sum of money, live modest-to above modest- and veg out the rest of his life. 6 million could last you 60 years on 100k a year. That's a decent wage, if you have a house paid off and no debt.

ilive4sports
09-10-2008, 12:55 AM
I think this is being blown out of proportion a bit. I'm more worried about him on Sunday not really wanting to go back into the game than him leaving his house without his phone. He was at his friends house watching MNF and eating wings.

I really hope he doesn't leave football. He is a great talent and can be a very good qb in this league if he works at it. We all saw what he did in the Rose Bowl, he is a hell of a player.

DGPR
09-10-2008, 08:28 AM
Vince Young is probably my favorite football player. I hope he can work through whatever is ailing him currently.

naptownmenace
09-10-2008, 10:53 AM
That is sad but I'm not too sad for him. He's making millions of dollars to be an NFL QB and he needs to get it together and thicken up his skin. If he can't he's in the wrong business and maybe he should quit. You can't be an NFL QB and wear your heart on your sleave.

He's making all that money and he's thrown twice as many interceptions as touchdowns. If he doesn't want to be booed, he needs to make better decisions with the football.

Jonathan
09-10-2008, 01:44 PM
I think Vince Young is a great college QB. He will never be a great NFL QB b/c his heart is no longer in the game. Tenn will be a better team w/o him. .

MarionDeputy
09-10-2008, 07:02 PM
That is sad but I'm not too sad for him. He's making millions of dollars to be an NFL QB and he needs to get it together and thicken up his skin. If he can't he's in the wrong business and maybe he should quit. You can't be an NFL QB and wear your heart on your sleave.

He's making all that money and he's thrown twice as many interceptions as touchdowns. If he doesn't want to be booed, he needs to make better decisions with the football.

AMEN brother, AMEN!

Shade
09-12-2008, 12:14 PM
I think this is being blown out of proportion a bit. I'm more worried about him on Sunday not really wanting to go back into the game than him leaving his house without his phone. He was at his friends house watching MNF and eating wings.

I really hope he doesn't leave football. He is a great talent and can be a very good qb in this league if he works at it. We all saw what he did in the Rose Bowl, he is a hell of a player.

:iagree: