06-17-2004, 12:02 AM
July 15th or 16th

Young
06-17-2004, 12:12 AM
I think it's draft day.

Natston
06-17-2004, 12:12 AM
I think it's draft day.

If the trade includes a pick in the current draft...

ROCislandWarrior
06-17-2004, 12:13 AM
I think it's draft day.

I thought it was:

You can trade for pics on Draft Day, Talk to players on July 1st and start FA signings/Trades on the 15th or 16th

ROCislandWarrior
06-17-2004, 12:14 AM
I think it's draft day.

Bingo :)

Young
06-17-2004, 12:18 AM
I think it's draft day.

Thats what it is.

Thats ok because we have some BYC players who I believe that expiers July 1rst so it will be nice because they will be easier to trade if needed. [I think just Artest and Bender.]

Kegboy
06-17-2004, 12:18 AM
This is something there's a misconception about. You can announce trades on draft day, even if you have to wait until the official beginning of the off-season, for BYC or whatnot.

When we traded AD for Johnny, the trade didn't officially go through until 8/1, which back then was the beginning of the offseason (now it's 7/15.) I remember because Johnny couldn't play in the summer league because of that, which really pissed me off.

It's even mentioned in his NBA Profile (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jonathan_bender/index.html?nav=page):

Selected by the Toronto Raptors in the first round (fifth overall) of the 1999 NBA Draft. Draft rights traded by Raptors to Indiana Pacers for F/C Antonio Davis on 8/1/99.

BigDawg44
06-17-2004, 12:20 AM
I really hope we throw in a draft pick just so we can get Tmac earlier than normal......I dont think i could wait a whole month to hear whether or not we will get Tmac

Hicks
06-17-2004, 12:35 AM
I really hope we throw in a draft pick just so we can get Tmac earlier than normal......I dont think i could wait a whole month to hear whether or not we will get Tmac

Well, judging by what Kegboy just said, it won't matter if there's a draft pick or not. Even though that or BYC's being involved could make it take longer to OFFICIALLY happen, it could still be announced on or soon after draft night.

TheSauceMaster
06-17-2004, 12:38 AM
It's July 16th this year , signings can't happend before then.

Hicks
06-17-2004, 12:39 AM
It's July 16th this year , signings can't happend before then.

Yeah but again, we can find out about it as soon as draft night; you can have deals set in place without them officially happening until a later date.

Kegboy
06-17-2004, 12:40 AM

Well, judging by what Kegboy just said, it won't matter if there's a draft pick or not. Even though that or BYC's being involved could make it take longer to OFFICIALLY happen, it could still be announced on or soon after draft night.

Hell, I'd be more than happy to throw our pick in. Unlike the rest of you, I think any pick not in the Top 4 of this draft is total crap.

It could be not official, but leaked on draft night that the agreement is in place. I'm pretty sure that's happened before, even without a pick.

TheSauceMaster
06-17-2004, 12:49 AM
no biggie to me but this has been discussed ;)

http://www.pacersdigest.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4331