PDA

View Full Version : Harrington vs. Bender

Shade
06-16-2004, 11:27 PM
If we package one of these guys with Ron to get T-Mac, who would you rather trade?

ChicagoJ
06-16-2004, 11:29 PM
I feel like a broken record again, but why would Orlando want both Ron AND Al? If we can't find minutes for both of them, they can't either. I can't imagaine Ron and Al as part of the same trade, to the same team.

Unclebuck
06-16-2004, 11:30 PM
Shade are you assuming they each have equal trade value or that AL has more.

If AL has 50% more trade value than I trade AL without question.

if AL has 25% more trade value then I still trade AL.

If you assume they have equal trade value I trade Jon.

Sorry I had to make it so complicated

Shade
06-16-2004, 11:45 PM
Shade are you assuming they each have equal trade value or that AL has more.

If AL has 50% more trade value than I trade AL without question.

if AL has 25% more trade value then I still trade AL.

If you assume they have equal trade value I trade Jon.

Sorry I had to make it so complicated

Assuming they're equal -- from what I've seen, they're pretty damn close salary-wise.

Kegboy
06-16-2004, 11:46 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. We can trade Ron, we can trade Johnny, but we can't trade both. Al's never gonna reach his potential starting at the 3. He's gotten too damn big and slow.

Personally, I don't know why everyone's listening to Kravitz. When Donnie says 2-for-1, if it includes Artest, I'm thinking along the lines of Ron and Pollard. Even TMac's not worth losing Ron AND Al or JB.

Pacer4fun
06-17-2004, 12:01 AM
I'm not as concerned about trade value as I am team value.

I don't think Al plays as well with J.O. as does Bender. With that said, Al is more aggressive, a decent defender who likes to shoot to much. All and all, I think I would have to keep Bender because his shot has to be honored which helps to spread the floor.

While his overall defense isn't as good as Al, I think Bender would be a good team defender. With the exception of the awful showing in the Detroit series, I really liked his improvement this year. While I don't know that Bender will work out at SF, I'm pretty sure that I don't like the Chemistry with Al on the floor. My feelings change on this from day to day, but for now I would keep Bender.