PDA

View Full Version : Sign up for Pacers Digest NBA2K9 League (XBOX360)

Hicks
09-02-2008, 11:52 AM
If you are interested in being apart of the NBA 2K9 League, let us know here.

We're not sure yet on how many teams we want, but knowing how many WANT to do this will certainly help us figure that out.

Returning members, please also take a moment to suggest alterations from last year in regards to the rules and setup.

The most important thing to everyone interested: We will do our best to make it easier to finish this year, but you have to be willing to seriously commit, too. We had a lot of problems last year with what felt like at least half of our teams not playing many games, and that was a big contributor to its downfall.

1) Are you still cool with 6 minute quarters, or should we go back to the standard 5? Or more?

2) Should EZIso button be banned?

3) We are thinking a 32 game regular season. Are you cool with this or would you want something else? If so, what and why? 82 was just too long to keep everyone committed to finishing the league, so I'm sure it will have to at least be less than 82.

pwee31
09-02-2008, 12:32 PM
It sounds fun, but I think you guys play on the 360, and I have PS3

Hicks
09-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Yes, this is for the 360. I'll update the title.

ajbry
09-02-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm down. 32 games sounds perfect. Not too much of a commitment so anyone interested should be able to set aside a couple hours a week to get some games in...

Hicks
09-02-2008, 05:22 PM
So far:

Hicks
Roaming Gnome
intridcold
ajbry

I'm pretty sure Lord Helmet and naturallystoned will, but I'll let them speak for themselves.

GO!!!!!
09-02-2008, 05:56 PM
I like the sound of it, but doubt i can manage the logistics, i reckon when you guys play I'm at work and when i can play your at work...

if there is a little more info it could help, how many times a week do you play, etc etc, is there a set time you play or do you have say a week to play the game and do it when ever the two teams can meet online. etc etc...

I like the sound of it, but might sit this first round out and get ready for next round, plust give me a chance to get some practise so i don't get hosed every game...

Hicks
09-02-2008, 06:02 PM
It's probably going to be something like, "Get X games in per week."

Doddage
09-02-2008, 06:13 PM
A game with 5 minute quarters takes about a half-hour, so that should be good imo. Anything longer would make it hard to get games in. This way, you can get possibly 2 or more done in one sitting.

If that's the case, then I'm game as well. I trust that everyone is mature and knowledgeable enough to know how the game should be played. I couldn't and still can't stand cheesers from the past couple games. Well, they don't REALLY bother me since you learn how to defeat it, but still it's not fun when the game consists of numerous dunks, three chucking, and stat padding.

MrSparko
09-03-2008, 12:32 AM
This is making me seriously consider buying a basketball game again.

Even though I'm sure I'd get crushed in every match as I can't nearly match the BBall IQ of most here.

kbunch
09-03-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm in, anyone interested in a PD madden league?

Robertmto
09-05-2008, 12:49 PM
I'm in, anyone interested in a PD madden league?

i'd play

Kuq_e_Zi91
09-07-2008, 07:59 AM
It sounds fun, but I think you guys play on the 360, and I have PS3

Me too. If there's enough people, we should do a PS3 one also.

Roaming Gnome
09-07-2008, 11:28 PM
I really don't care for cutting back down to 5 mins. 6 was an original comprimise from 7 min games because 5 min games seemed like a boat race.... Get a good lead, and sail to the finish. There was a great pace and chances to dig out with 6 min quarters. Anyway, our games last season were 35 to 40 mins.

One thing that I want to take a look at is fatigue sliders. I'm sorry, Shaq isn't going to log 45 mins before getting tired this season. We're going to have either 8 or 12 teams with 12 players a piece, so I don't see a reason not to go deeper into all of our line-ups.

This year, there will have to be guidelines for getting games played. The league can't be destroyed by a few individuals that don't want to play their games. There will have to be a minimum amount of games to play per week. If that number is not reached...games will have to be forfeited to keep everyone on the same page. It seems like every year every one is gung-ho when the game comes out for about a month until the next big game comes out. I'd like to have folks that are committed to this league and not in it because 2k9 is new.

GO!!!!!
09-08-2008, 12:05 AM
I'd agree with Six Mins being the best, i have allways used Six Min as a game time since 01, both for simming and playing

Some good points GN

IndyBball
09-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Would love to be included....2K9 comes out October 7th.

Roaming Gnome
09-15-2008, 12:48 AM
:bump:

Robertmto
09-15-2008, 07:14 AM
I'm in still

cgg
09-15-2008, 12:28 PM
I like 6 mins.

And FYI, Shaq did get quite tired, but in the beginning I didn't have much choice since I missed the draft. Later on when I had the JO/Shaq/Boozer rotation his minutes dropped significantly.

But he was about the only one that got tired....

Roaming Gnome
09-15-2008, 03:36 PM
Judging by the poll results and Robertmto committing, we have the minimum of 8 teams. I would like to round it out to 12 teams, so getting 4 more committed owners in the next 3 weeks would be nice.

So far we have commitments from:
Hicks
Myself
ajbry
cgg
kstat
intridcold
kbunch
Robertmto

Sitting on the fence are:
IndyBball
TheDoddage
tora tora
Lord helmet
Naturally Stoned

Once we get who is interested, we will start to think about times for the draft. I would like to have a live draft this year with all the owners.

cgg
09-15-2008, 04:08 PM
Once we get who is interested, we will start to think about times for the draft. I would like to have a live draft this year with all the owners.

Being present for the draft is VERY important. Otherwise you end up with Gilbert Arenas and Tony Parker as your first and second round picks.

And I hated both of them.

Ryan
09-16-2008, 04:22 PM
I'm in for the league.

MrSparko
09-16-2008, 06:56 PM
Put me in for sitting on the fence.
If it's not too late that is.

Hicks
09-16-2008, 07:09 PM
Actually taking the time to make two clicks to vote would show some level of interest......

Major Cold
09-16-2008, 07:10 PM
can't we have the draft now and put it in later?

Hicks
09-16-2008, 07:16 PM
One thing at a time. We don't even have a league yet.

Once that's locked in, we could do the draft early, but I'd rather wait and see all of the new player ratings first, personally.

MrSparko
09-16-2008, 09:07 PM
My bad I thought I had already voted sorry.

cgg
09-18-2008, 10:09 AM
Do we have any target start date?

I'll just let everyone know in advance that I until October 18th I can't make any draft on a Friday or Saturday, and I can't make a Sunday before 8PM.

Roaming Gnome
09-20-2008, 02:26 PM
A full week after the game drops will be the soonest that we will have the live draft. We will set a poll in the 2k draft forum here on Pacers Digest.

ajbry
09-20-2008, 06:25 PM
I forget what day of the week we held it last year, but nonetheless I'll offer an early suggestion of a Monday or Tuesday evening... That way we should all be able to attend, I would assume.

Roaming Gnome
09-24-2008, 11:18 PM
bumpy bumpy :bump:

Hicks
09-24-2008, 11:39 PM
So we could be looking at anything from an 8-team league:

Hicks
Roaming Gnome
Kstat
ajbry
cgg
intridcold
kbunch
Ryan
RobertMTO
MrSparko (just committed)

Up to a 16-team league.

Personally, at this point, I only feel comfortable admitting those who are definitely committed. If any of you on the bubble can take the plunge, please let us know!

I think we'd need 4 of you to commit in order to increase our league from 8.

Major Cold
09-25-2008, 11:00 AM
So is this a fantasy league?

How are we gonna decide who gets first pick?

The need to have a 2k9 demo. The Live demo is nice.

ajbry
09-25-2008, 11:06 AM
Yes, it's a fantasy draft, and the order is simply chosen at random.

Major Cold
09-25-2008, 11:35 AM
I am looking forward to this more than getting my new IPOD touch.

ThA HoyA
09-26-2008, 02:42 AM
is this separate from the 5 on 5 thing if so id be done to do this....only thing is ill be in portland for 3 weeks at a hotel...so if i stay at the same hotel ill be definetly in but there is still a chance that i may not.. very minimal chance though

Roaming Gnome
09-26-2008, 01:40 PM
The committed list:
Hicks
Roaming Gnome
Kstat
ajbry
cgg
intridcold
kbunch
Ryan
RobertMTO
MrSparko
NaturallyStoned
Lord Helmet

With the addition of NaturallyStoned and Lord Helmet, we are at 12 owners. I'm very happy with this number for the league. Hicks mentioned possibly going up to 16 owners and that is not out of the question. What we will do is wait and see if 4 more people express serious interest between now and when the game drops on the 7th. If we get 4 serious committments in the next 11 days, we will open the league up to 16.

Right now, ThA HoyA is on the additional list.

Roaming Gnome
09-26-2008, 01:53 PM
So is this a fantasy league?

How are we gonna decide who gets first pick?

The need to have a 2k9 demo. The Live demo is nice.

Yeah, after everyone claims their team off of the 2K9 server, 2k9 will spit out the draft order. There is no way to manipulate that from what I understand. If this league does go 16 deep, I would pray to get towards the top of the draft.

MrSparko
09-26-2008, 04:58 PM
I will not be available October 9th-12th if that effects anything...

Major Cold
09-26-2008, 07:57 PM
A game a week is reasonable. Sending messages to everyone is a must. I did not play last year. Can you force a forfeit? If that is the case we may need a commish. Not a Stern like Commish. We should get the formalities out of the way.

Hicks
09-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Last year Gnome and I were admins, which is basically like commish.

Roaming Gnome
09-27-2008, 09:30 AM
The committed list:
Hicks
Roaming Gnome
Kstat
ajbry
cgg
intridcold
kbunch
Ryan
RobertMTO
MrSparko
NaturallyStoned
Lord Helmet

With the addition of NaturallyStoned and Lord Helmet, we are at 12 owners. I'm very happy with this number for the league. Hicks mentioned possibly going up to 16 owners and that is not out of the question. What we will do is wait and see if 4 more people express serious interest between now and when the game drops on the 7th. If we get 2 more serious committments in the next 10 days, we will open the league up to 16.

The additional list:
ThA HoyA
IndyBball
tora tora
The Doddage

Major Cold
09-27-2008, 10:19 AM
As long as there is order and not chaos.

Roaming Gnome
09-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Tora tora just PMed me and told me that he would be interested in the league. His only hang up is his work schedule. I will add him to the list because even with his schedule, I believe that he can get 2 games in a week. 2 games a week on average is going to be the least I expect from anyone that joins this league. The playoffs will start no later then 16 weeks after the draft date.

LoneGranger33
09-28-2008, 06:33 PM
Well, I just got an Xbox 360 this evening...for my brother's birthday gift. However, since we are living together, and he may get XBox Live...I'll let you guys know. Right now, there's a 90% chance (if not higher) chance against it, especially given my financial troubles, but we'll see.

tora tora
09-28-2008, 11:41 PM
If I can play games on Fridays after 3 pm and Saturdays after 3 pm then I can commit.

Roaming Gnome
09-29-2008, 12:48 AM
If I can play games on Fridays after 3 pm and Saturdays after 3 pm then I can commit.

Honestly, I see most of the games played on those 2 days, so I believe you will be just fine.

TheDoddage PM'ed me accepting our last spot in our 16 team league.

Our commits are as follows:
Hicks (commish)
Roaming Gnome (commish)
Kstat
ajbry
cgg
intridcold
kbunch
Ryan
RobertMTO
MrSparko
NaturallyStoned
Lord Helmet
ThA HoyA
IndyBball
tora tora
The Doddage

Robertmto
09-29-2008, 07:35 AM
lets go boys

ThA HoyA
09-29-2008, 05:50 PM
so is this a fantasy draft or we pick a team

Kstat
09-29-2008, 06:31 PM
fantasy draft.

Roaming Gnome
10-02-2008, 07:24 PM
We have moved everything to a "members only" forum here on the digest. If you are in the league... our business is being conducted there.

If anyone is interested in still joining the league, PM Hicks or myself and we will see if there are any options to accomodate you. Currently, the league is sitting at 16 owners and I don't think we are going to expand any further. But, if you have intentions on purchasing the game on the Xbox 360. Keep us in mind because owners do sometimes decide that this is not for them and end up quiting pretty early into the season. I'd love to plug another owner into the spot instead of contracting the team and sending the players to a dispersal draft.

LoneGranger33
10-02-2008, 11:26 PM
Consider me an alternative. I was only going to buy the game to play with you guys though, but maybe I'll purchase it anyway. I mean, after all, I am making like, hundreds of dollars!