Pages : [1] 2

Jonathan
08-26-2008, 03:49 PM
Who is excited?

Last Chance to join my yahoo college pickem league
League ID 3196
Passeord 123456

I am predicting Notre Dame to go 9-3.

Appalachian State has no chance against LSU.

IU will return to a bowl game.

Purdue will be better than expected.

Trader Joe
08-26-2008, 04:36 PM
We goin' bowling again.

Especially with Finch at free safety.

idioteque
08-26-2008, 11:24 PM
Go Irish!

ilive4sports
08-26-2008, 11:34 PM
HA! No way ND goes 9-3.

Fight On State! I'm expecting big things from PSU this year. The only game that scares me on the schedule is OSU. Gonna be really tough going to the horseshoe and getting a win. But I see Clark as Michael Robinson with a better arm. I like our chances and I will be at every home game taking part in the number one student section in the nation. Go Lions!

Trader Joe
08-26-2008, 11:41 PM
You guys will be very good this year. We played you so close last year, stupid mistakes just screwed us. I don't want to sound cocky, but we should have won that game. Tough finish for us this season Happy Valley and then to Purdue. Need to come out of that stretch 1-1 if we can.

Time to put the Kellen avy up. We know what we're getting out of him but we need good seasons from our backs and wideouts.

ilive4sports
08-27-2008, 01:08 AM
I was very impressed with IU last year. We played horribly that game and I was glad to escape with a win. Hardy was a beast and exposed King badly. Still dont know why King left.

I think you guys should be good again. Losing Hardy is big, but WR's can be replaced. I hope your DE gets healthy soon.

I love college football. Is it Saturday yet?

Bball
08-27-2008, 02:58 AM
I have some concerns about Lynch as HC at IU. I fear he's more 'setback' than 'next step'. We shall see... No predictions, just a gut feeling and not exactly comfortable with some things I saw with him. This season should give a more definite picture.

-Bball

Since86
08-27-2008, 12:23 PM
I have some concerns about Lynch as HC at IU. I fear he's more 'setback' than 'next step'. We shall see... No predictions, just a gut feeling and not exactly comfortable with some things I saw with him. This season should give a more definite picture.

-Bball

BSU opens up TOMORROW night, and I'm extremely stoked. If our D can shore up the problems, (read run defense), this will be a great great season. With Nate Davis getting better and better, our offense will be better and that will be scary for opponents.

I can't wait to go down to IU Sept. 20th, and show Bloomington why Lynch was canned here. He completely ran the program into the ground, but thankfully Hoke and his staff are getting big time players in and putting us back at the top of the MAC.

Jonathan
08-27-2008, 01:51 PM
[QUOTE=JO4MVP2006;776081]HA! No way ND goes 9-3.

They might do better than 9-3. Have you seen the schedule. A lot of Cup Cakes.
2008 Notre Dame Football Schedule
Sept. 6 SAN DIEGO STATE (WIN)
Sept. 13 MICHIGAN
Sept. 20 at Michigan State
Sept. 27 PURDUE
Oct. 4 STANFORD (WIN)
Oct. 11 at North Carolina (WIN)
Oct. 18 Open Date
Oct. 25 at Washington (WIN)
Nov. 1 PITTSBURGH
Nov. 8 at Boston College
Nov. 15 vs. Navy (at Baltimore, Md.) (WIN)
Nov. 22 SYRACUSE (WIN)
Nov. 29 at USC

I do not think it is too much to go 3-3 the rest of the way.

Claussen is better than he showed last year. He did take his lumps but the kid was very poised he never lost his cool.

LG33
08-27-2008, 01:53 PM
I hope we (BC) beat the **** out of them.

Jonathan
08-27-2008, 01:54 PM
I have some concerns about Lynch as HC at IU. I fear he's more 'setback' than 'next step'.
-Bball

Lynch coached IU to a bowl game last year. He fulfilled Hep's wish. (Good Story) They still have Lewis and a very weak schedule, so if he does not make a bowl game this year good bye.

Trader Joe
08-27-2008, 02:37 PM
I was very impressed with IU last year. We played horribly that game and I was glad to escape with a win. Hardy was a beast and exposed King badly. Still dont know why King left.

I think you guys should be good again. Losing Hardy is big, but WR's can be replaced. I hope your DE gets healthy soon.

I love college football. Is it Saturday yet?

Middleton is suspended for our first game because of team rules violations. Hopefully he gets his head on straight.

Trader Joe
08-27-2008, 02:39 PM

-Bball

100% agree. This team could have won 8-9 games last year without Lynch. He's awful, but I still think the schedule should get us to a bowl game. I just hope he doesn't get to hang around too much longer.

Trader Joe
08-27-2008, 02:43 PM
[quote=JO4MVP2006;776081]HA! No way ND goes 9-3.

They might do better than 9-3. Have you seen the schedule. A lot of Cup Cakes.
2008 Notre Dame Football Schedule
Sept. 6 SAN DIEGO STATE (WIN)
Sept. 13 MICHIGAN
Sept. 20 at Michigan State
Sept. 27 PURDUE
Oct. 4 STANFORD (WIN)
Oct. 11 at North Carolina (WIN)
Oct. 18 Open Date
Oct. 25 at Washington (WIN)
Nov. 1 PITTSBURGH
Nov. 8 at Boston College
Nov. 15 vs. Navy (at Baltimore, Md.) (WIN)
Nov. 22 SYRACUSE (WIN)
Nov. 29 at USC

I do not think it is too much to go 3-3 the rest of the way.

Claussen is better than he showed last year. He did take his lumps but the kid was very poised he never lost his cool.

Don't know how you can count Stanford a guranteed win or the trip to Washington. This team isn't very good. As far as Clausen is concerned, I saw more Ron Powlus than Joe Montana last year.

Notre Dame won three games last year, they should be happy with a record of 6-6 this year.

ilive4sports
08-27-2008, 02:51 PM
Dont be making fun of the pride of Berwick Pennsylvania in Ron Powlus now. Im just kidding, got to support those northeast PA guys though.

Stanford, UNC, and Navy are not sure wins for you guys. Neither is at Washington. Dont you think Willingham is going to be gunning for this game. He has been waiting for this game since he was fired. Stanford is a good team. I dont see how you can say a team that beat USC last year is an automatic win for ND this year. UNC is a much improved football team too. They are building a respectable program now too and I believe they are on the same level as ND this year, or right around it.

Face it, ND won 3 games last year, had one of the worst offenses in the nation, and still have a very young qb who hasn't proved anything. Going from 3 to 9 wins is very uncommon and I just don't see how ND is going to do it.

Jonathan
08-27-2008, 02:54 PM
[quote=Jonathan;776228]

This team isn't very good. As far as Clausen is concerned, I saw more Ron Powlus than Joe Montana last year.

Notre Dame won three games last year, they should be happy with a record of 6-6 this year.

Last year is over. Weis has stepped down from play calling on offense. They brought in a new Defensive Coach from Georgia Tech. Clausen did not have a line last year. He was coming off an injury & took his lumps but Notre Dame has recruited well and will be 9-3.

Trader Joe
08-27-2008, 03:00 PM
Yep, UNC is almost a certain bowl team out of the ACC. You can sign, seal, and deliver it that Notre Dame will NOT win at Washington, and I like Notre Dame football, but this team was AWFUL last year. Lest we forget that Navy did BEAT them at Notre Dame. And yes, this isn't last year, but expecting this team to flip their record from 3-9 to 9-3 is expecting a lot.
Like I said ND will be lucky to go 6-6.

ilive4sports
08-27-2008, 03:11 PM
ND might squeeze their way into a bowl game by winning a 7th game, but i think 6-6 is probably what they will do. Just because they recruited well this offseason doesnt mean they will be better this season. It means that they will be better probably in 2 years from now.

Jonathan
08-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Notre Dame has good recruiting according to rivals.com for the last two years. We will have to wait and see. I am predicting 9-3. Every team is 0-0 right now. Notre Dame had several first year players getting reps last year and reap the benefits this year.

Trader Joe
08-30-2008, 12:59 PM
Kellen Lewis just broke IU's passing touchdown record.

ilive4sports
08-30-2008, 04:34 PM
That was great. Nothing like taking part in the greatest student section in the country. I know it was only Coastal Carolina, but I am very excited about this team. Our offense is exciting. Clark is a very good QB. Devlin was rather good today too. The biggest difference is that when Clark is playing we run the spread and the offense is much more efficient. This team is FAST. I seriously think we can match a team from the SEC in speed.

Congrats to Lewis on the record, he is exciting to watch. IU looked good in the highlights.

Anyone else happy that Pitt lost today?

LG33
08-30-2008, 05:41 PM
Penn State game was close.

Only happy about Pitt if it means that BC will sneak into the top 25.

Major Cold
08-30-2008, 07:11 PM
8-4 Notre Dame.

Jonathan
08-31-2008, 01:59 AM
Yep, UNC is almost a certain bowl team out of the ACC. You can sign, seal, and deliver it that Notre Dame will NOT win at Washington, and I like Notre Dame football, but this team was AWFUL last year. Lest we forget that Navy did BEAT them at Notre Dame. And yes, this isn't last year, but expecting this team to flip their record from 3-9 to 9-3 is expecting a lot.
Like I said ND will be lucky to go 6-6.

Washington Blows
Look at their score against Oregon.

Trader Joe
08-31-2008, 02:30 AM
You act like Notre Dame is a bunch of world beaters.

Jonathan
08-31-2008, 01:44 PM
when you refer to Notre Dame call them 9-3

count55
08-31-2008, 01:49 PM
World's longest exhibition season.

ilive4sports
08-31-2008, 02:21 PM
Why would i refer Notre Dame as 9-3? How about 3-9 since that is what their record was most recently.

Trader Joe
08-31-2008, 03:55 PM
Even if they go 9-3 they will just get trounced in a bowl game...again.

duke dynamite
09-01-2008, 01:20 AM
Wow, I really thought Louisville was going to put on a show for us today. It was a fun game to watch, none the less.

Jonathan
09-01-2008, 02:59 PM
Wow, I really thought Louisville was going to put on a show for us today. It was a fun game to watch, none the less.

You will have to wait for basketball season for Louisville to put on a show this year.

ilive4sports
09-02-2008, 12:54 AM
Between the strong showing by PSU and losses by Illinois, Clemson, Tennessee and Virginia Tech (did i miss anyone else), the Nittany Lions should be climbing into the top 20 this week. They should have been there before the season started.

Jonathan
09-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Penn State had its fair share of legal problems this week. It will be interesting to see if Williams plays for OSU. The Big Ten is wide-open if he is injured for a significant amount of time. Is the Navy vs BSU Game on TV tonight?

ilive4sports
09-05-2008, 05:42 PM
What the hell were those guys thinking? Its only for this week, we will be fine.

Williams? I think you mean Wells. If you do mean Wells, he is not going to play this week but is expected to play next week against USC.

Not sure about Navy vs. BSU. Last week Navy was on CSTV, maybe they are again.

LG33
09-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Buckeyes won't play Wells.

I read it in the Examiner (of DC) this morning.

ilive4sports
09-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Ohio State is seriously losing right now. To Ohio, that is just sad. I don't care if its the second quarter, they should be killing them. Is Wells that important to them?

LG33
09-06-2008, 02:50 PM
BC just got safetyed.

Wonderful. 19-16

ilive4sports
09-06-2008, 07:21 PM
Well thats what I thought would happen. 45 to 14. Never was close. Offense was dominate, ground game was just obliterating Oregon State. Clark had some nice runs and throws. Showed some very nice touch, like on his td throw. Royster is a beast. Offense is just top notch this year I think.

Defense played rather well too, even without two D line starters.

I really like this team. I think we will challenge OSU for the big ten title.

Jonathan
09-08-2008, 10:16 AM
I really like this team. I think we will challenge OSU for the big ten title.[/QUOTE]

The Big Ten is wide open but I wish they had the top two teams play each other at the end of the year. Ohio State did not look good but you cannot count them out. Illini have a chance & IU will give you a good game.

Since86
09-08-2008, 12:04 PM
Penn State had its fair share of legal problems this week. It will be interesting to see if Williams plays for OSU. The Big Ten is wide-open if he is injured for a significant amount of time. Is the Navy vs BSU Game on TV tonight?

What the hell were those guys thinking? Its only for this week, we will be fine.

Williams? I think you mean Wells. If you do mean Wells, he is not going to play this week but is expected to play next week against USC.

Not sure about Navy vs. BSU. Last week Navy was on CSTV, maybe they are again.

Sorry, I had a job interview friday at one so I wasn't anywhere near a comp after 12.

Hope you guys found it, because it was on ESPN at 7. Great game. We sat in the endzone on the hill. We had close to 11,000 students show up for the game, which is a lot considering we only have about 16,000 on campus. Gov. Daniels was in attendance, and even stood in the student section for most of the game.

In case you didn't see it, BSU is now 2-0 after beating Navy 35-23. Nate Davis after two weeks is completely 80% of his passes!

Jonathan
09-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Sorry, I had a job interview friday at one so I wasn't anywhere near a comp after 12.

Hope you guys found it, because it was on ESPN at 7. Great game. We sat in the endzone on the hill. We had close to 11,000 students show up for the game, which is a lot considering we only have about 16,000 on campus. Gov. Daniels was in attendance, and even stood in the student section for most of the game.

In case you didn't see it, BSU is now 2-0 after beating Navy 35-23. Nate Davis after two weeks is completely 80% of his passes!

I went to the Reds/Cubs game on Friday Night than was excited to watch the game on ESPNU on U Verse. That Love kid is very explosive with the ball. I want to purchase a ticket to IU vs BSU game on Sept 20th. It will be an excellent game.

Since86
09-08-2008, 01:28 PM
He is extremely explosive. His listed size is, well to be frank, way off. He is very small, maybe 5'7" or so. That is the negative downside to him.

Hopefully he can find a niche in the league returning kicks, but I doubt he'll be able to do much more. He was recruited as a QB from HS, so he's actually still pretty raw as a wideout, so he does still have that going for him as well.

The IU/BSU game will be one to go to. I know there is a big buzz around campus about going down. My friends and I will be making the trip, and hopefully we play better than we did last year.

indygeezer
09-08-2008, 02:08 PM
I was up to the Big House Saturday for the game. Michigan sucks.
Didn't help that the #1 quarterback transfered when he heard who was replacing Lloyd Carr.

And......those skyboxes they're building around the place really give ya the creeps. Sitting there it felt like something was hovering over us the whole time.

Jonathan
09-08-2008, 04:08 PM
I was up to the Big House Saturday for the game. Michigan sucks.
Didn't help that the #1 quarterback transfered when he heard who was replacing Lloyd Carr.

And......those skyboxes they're building around the place really give ya the creeps. Sitting there it felt like something was hovering over us the whole time.

9-3 (Notre Dame) did not look good either do they have a chance against Michigan?

ilive4sports
09-08-2008, 05:13 PM
9-3 (Notre Dame) did not look good either do they have a chance against Michigan?

Seriously your doing that? Well then im just going to refer to PSU as 12-0 as they have just as good of a chance at doing that as ND does going 9-3.

Jonathan
09-09-2008, 04:30 PM
I have no problem with you calling Penn State 12-0.

Jonathan
09-11-2008, 04:13 PM
This weekend is major for the Big Ten

Wisconsin plays Fresno State
The game is at Fresono State; long trip for Wisconsin should be a good game.

Purdue plays Oregon
Oregon has a top tier secondary and if Painter has a good game his draft stock sky rockets. Oregon also has to travel a distance to play Purdue.

Michigan plays Notre Dame
This is a battle of two former power house programs. Bragging Rights

The Ohio State University vs USC
Long trip for OSU is Wells going to play?

Akron vs Ball State
Akron has a good defense Ball State has the stated mose explosive offense.
I know Ball State is not in the big Ten but I am on the bandwagon.

ilive4sports
09-13-2008, 05:39 PM
Syracuse calls that a football team? HA! 38 to 6 at the half. This is horrible. Bring on Illinois.

Purdue is taking it to Oregon, making the Big Ten look pretty good here. PSU @ Purdue should be a pretty good game.

Michigan, really your that bad? Wow.

Parts to see OSU get killed tonight because I hate them, but at the same time if they win and then we beat them, that would look great for us.

Trader Joe
09-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Michigan and Notre Dame both suck. Michigan just sucks a little bit more.

DisplacedKnick
09-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Purdue managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I've always thought Joe Tiller was a very good coach - until it came to game day. Horrible game management - which is normal.

ilive4sports
09-13-2008, 08:51 PM
I can't believe Purdue lost. Still PSU should jump Oregon in the polls, at least I hope so.

Jonathan
09-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Notre Dame plays Michigan State at Michigan State

Ball State Plays IU in Bloomington

The Auburn vs LSU game will be exciting

I believe this is the year Ball State gets IU. Many think this game will be a scoring fest but I feel the team that turns the ball over the least wins the game and Ball State has more experience at the skilled positions so I give them the nod.

I am taking Notre Dame to beat Michigan State at Michigan State. I am going to ride the wave till they lose. I really hope Notre Dame goes to USC undeafeted and beats them.

Jonathan
09-17-2008, 01:44 PM
[QUOTE=Indy;776247]Yep, UNC is almost a certain bowl team out of the ACC. QUOTE]

I was very impressed with them going to Rutgers and beating the pants off them on their home turf. They look to be a bowl team right now but the season is so young. They need to stay healthy and keep improving.

Since86
09-17-2008, 01:54 PM
Ball State Plays IU in Bloomington

I believe this is the year Ball State gets IU. Many think this game will be a scoring fest but I feel the team that turns the ball over the least wins the game and Ball State has more experience at the skilled positions so I give them the nod.

Two years ago, we had them wrapped up and on their way back to Bloomington with a loss. Up 17-0, then 23-7, and managed to squander the game away 24-23. Ugh....

It's only Wed. yet I'm already pumped about leaving to go down to IU friday night. If Nate can take care of the ball, and our defense stops Lewis from getting big running yards, then BSU should come out of there 4-0.

Trader Joe
09-17-2008, 09:42 PM
Such cockiness.

Since86
09-18-2008, 10:40 AM
Sorry?

When your QB has broken all most every school passing record, while sharing time as a freshman and only 3 games into his junior year, I think it's expected they can put up some points.

The BSU team that went down to Bloomington last year just flat out laid an egg. They just came off a rough game at Illinois. We didn't have Quale Lewis last year due to him tearing his ACL against Nebraska, a game that they should have won. Love dropped a pass off a slant route with nothing between him and the endzone other than a few white lines.

I just can't believe how much they freaking charge for tix, so I imagine I'll be in the tailgate lot listening to it.

We will be down there Friday night, and probably go to the IU-BSU women's vball game. That one, I don't have high expectations for. BSU sucks, but we hang out with some of the girls on the team so.....

EDIT: Oh, and I would hope for your sake that they get rid of Bill Lynch, and fast. He completely destroyed Ball State Football. Hoke has had to build the program up from the very bottom. Lynch led us to 21 straight losses.

ilive4sports
09-18-2008, 11:40 AM
Just curious, how much do they charge for tickets?

Since86
09-18-2008, 11:52 AM
I think $39, that's what I've seen.

If your a student at BSU then you get in free when you show your ID. If you don't go to school here and with us, we will get you in free. We either pass back IDs or give you extras. General admission tickets are $10.

Plus it's $10 to park in the tailgate lots at IU and just $5 at BSU.

ilive4sports
09-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Ah ok. Student tickets for PSU are $27 a piece. Then again they are sold in season packages only and sell out in minutes. So worth the $200 though. Great times at the games. We are the number one student section for a reason.

If you dont get season tickets, your going to be spending top dollar to get into the student section. Michigan ticket sells for about $200. Hell my friend who made Blue Band is selling his tickets and he got $65 for the Oregon State game and another $65 for the Temple game this weekend.

Trader Joe
09-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Sorry?

When your QB has broken all most every school passing record, while sharing time as a freshman and only 3 games into his junior year, I think it's expected they can put up some points.

Sounds like you could be talking about Lewis.

Anyways, I agree about Lynch, but I certainly don't think Ball State is the favorite in this game.

Since86
09-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Last I heard the line was 3.5 in favor of IU. Considering that the home team gets 3 points, it's pretty much a toss up.

Shade
09-18-2008, 11:47 PM
The IU/BSU game should be a good one, but I gotta go with the cream and crimson.

MrSparko
09-19-2008, 12:17 AM
I'll be going to the game.
It'll be my third IU football game I'm 1-1 so far. (Wisconsin and Ohio State)

ilive4sports
09-19-2008, 12:46 AM
Its my third PSU game, so far they are 2-0 when im in attendance (Coastal Carolina and Oregon State) so I dont think it has anything to do with me.

We were really banking on Oregon State to be a lot better this year. Our first four games are a complete joke unfortunately. I dont think JoePa will let these guys have a let down game against Illinois. But I am very happy that games at home because there is less of a chance of a let down then. And yes I am looking right pass Temple. Im predicting 66 to 10 for Saturdays game.

I'm looking forward to the IU/BSU game. High scoring game for sure. I really like Lewis too. Hes a helluva athlete. Kid from BSU aint bad either. Not sure how much of the game I will see, but im sure i can catch a replay on Big Ten network.

Jonathan
09-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Since 86 just go in the tailgate lot and look for tickets from IU Students before the game. They are notorious for tailgating and never going into the game. You should be able to find a reasonable ticket under 20. Just do not wear Ball State Gear when asking. Wear a long sleeve neutral white undershirt and then put on your BSU gear after you get the tickets.

ilive4sports
09-20-2008, 03:46 PM
45 to 3... I'm so ready for Illinois. We didnt score in the first quarter and still put up 31 in the first half. Offense was a bit sloppy at first, pulled it together in the second though. Defense was great all day.

juadam09
09-20-2008, 05:20 PM
All I wanted as a birthday gift was a win over Michigan State.........and this team is playing is absolute ****.

ilive4sports
09-20-2008, 08:05 PM
That was a nasty hit. I hope that Dante Love is ok. As soon as I saw/heard that hit I got a really bad feeling about it.

Trader Joe
09-20-2008, 08:22 PM
All I wanted as a birthday gift was a win over Michigan State.........and this team is playing is absolute ****.

That's cause they suck.

Big Smooth
09-20-2008, 10:17 PM
Ball State has a good team and props to them but my god, IU is effing horrible. Our defense made BSU's oline look like the Dallas Cowboys line out there.

I wouldn't be altogether surprised to see IU finish 3-9 or 2-10. Big Ten teams will just continue to abuse that weak defensive front. MSU is going to rip us a new one next week....Ringer has to be salivating.

I was prepared to accept the possibility of losing to BSU this week, but not this way. Not getting absolutely manhandled in our own house. No way.

D-BONE
09-21-2008, 08:24 AM
Ball State has a good team and props to them but my god, IU is effing horrible. Our defense made BSU's oline look like the Dallas Cowboys line out there.

I wouldn't be altogether surprised to see IU finish 3-9 or 2-10. Big Ten teams will just continue to abuse that weak defensive front. MSU is going to rip us a new one next week....Ringer has to be salivating.

I was prepared to accept the possibility of losing to BSU this week, but not this way. Not getting absolutely manhandled in our own house. No way.

Ditto the IU D and your call on their outlook for the season. I wanted to see them play a serious opponent before beginning to draw conclusions and it wasn't pretty. First off, let me say kudos to BSU. That's a very good team and I hope Love is okay!

I think you also have to address the offense's equal culpability in the disaster, too. This was a game that everyone knew would require the winnner to put up big points. IU's offense still only put up 13 pts minus the fumbler return TD. Despite the D's ineptness, they did produce to other turnovers (including the blocked punt early) that were not capitalized upon.

Ball State showed the perfect blueprint for success against IU's offense, which will likely be exposed as not much better than the D over the remainder of the year barring significant development.

-Limit big plays. Force Lewis to be a mid-range accuracy passer. Force IU to score on long, sustained drives with consistency. In scrambe situations try to contain Lewis in the pocket or limit his scrambles to moderate yardage. Focus on taking away the passing game.

The reasons the above will probably turn out to be successful:
-Lewis will be exposed as the one-dimensional QB he is (especially his ability to read defenses, show patience, and make sound decisions).

-The obvious absence of Hardy in light of the mediocrity and inexperience of the WRs, no security blanket for Lewis, nobody who can consistently get open.

-The non-threatening running game, which most defenses can still control adequately even when stacking against the pass.

I've heard a lot about the increase in team speed and talent on the IU team this year. It won't make any difference if you get pushed around up front on D and can't get any QB pressure. They had the bye week to come up with a game plan, too. Same old same old so far.

Trader Joe
09-21-2008, 01:13 PM
I have no comment on that **** poor performance.

Big Smooth
09-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Ditto the IU D and your call on their outlook for the season. I wanted to see them play a serious opponent before beginning to draw conclusions and it wasn't pretty. First off, let me say kudos to BSU. That's a very good team and I hope Love is okay!

I think you also have to address the offense's equal culpability in the disaster, too. This was a game that everyone knew would require the winnner to put up big points. IU's offense still only put up 13 pts minus the fumbler return TD. Despite the D's ineptness, they did produce to other turnovers (including the blocked punt early) that were not capitalized upon.

Ball State showed the perfect blueprint for success against IU's offense, which will likely be exposed as not much better than the D over the remainder of the year barring significant development.

-Limit big plays. Force Lewis to be a mid-range accuracy passer. Force IU to score on long, sustained drives with consistency. In scrambe situations try to contain Lewis in the pocket or limit his scrambles to moderate yardage. Focus on taking away the passing game.

The reasons the above will probably turn out to be successful:
-Lewis will be exposed as the one-dimensional QB he is (especially his ability to read defenses, show patience, and make sound decisions).

-The obvious absence of Hardy in light of the mediocrity and inexperience of the WRs, no security blanket for Lewis, nobody who can consistently get open.

-The non-threatening running game, which most defenses can still control adequately even when stacking against the pass.

I've heard a lot about the increase in team speed and talent on the IU team this year. It won't make any difference if you get pushed around up front on D and can't get any QB pressure. They had the bye week to come up with a game plan, too. Same old same old so far.

Oh I didn't mean to absolve the offense of any blame and I agree with you on Lewis. In a game where our defense was obviously outmatched, the offense had to step up and take a little pressure off by scoring points. Really our offense only scored 10 points last night....the other 10 points were the direct result of turnovers. That is just pathetic.

I also don't know why our defense sits back in a Cover 4 all the time. Davis was carving us up, switch to man defense and bring some pressure.

Bball
09-21-2008, 02:47 PM
While there's plenty for IU fans to question in this game, and much props for BSU... the game doesn't really mean squat right now due to Love's injury. Has anyone heard an update on Love?

ilive4sports
09-21-2008, 03:23 PM
INDIANAPOLIS -- Ball State receiver Dante Love (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=173519) is moving his arms and legs after undergoing a five-hour surgical procedure to stabilize a back fracture, school officials said Sunday.
Love had surgery to stabilize a cervical spinal fracture and spinal cord injury after being injured early in the second quarter of Saturday night's 42-20 victory at Indiana.
"We were told the surgery went well," team physician Dr. Jay Matchett said in statement release by the school. "Sunday morning Dante was alert and extremely tired. His attitude and spirits are good, and we are praying for him right now."
Love, a senior, was hurt when Indiana cornerback Chris Adkins appeared to hit Love's helmet after Love made a short catch. The ball came loose and as Love fell to the ground, safety Nick Polk scooped up the fumble and ran 31 yards for a touchdown.
Within seconds, Love was surrounded by doctors and coaches, and within minutes his teammates had dropped to a knee in prayer. After about 15 minutes, Love was strapped to a backboard, and lifted on to a golf cart. Doctors also removed his face mask and many of his teammates ran to the cart, offering encouragement before doctors motioned them to move.
Love's parents ran behind the golf cart as it pulled off the field.
Love was taken to Bloomington Hospital, then transferred to Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis. The hospital said he had been admitted to the critical care unit but had no updated information on his condition Sunday afternoon.
The gravity of the injury was apparent in the postgame news conference when coach Brady Hoke made only an opening statement about the biggest win in school history -- Ball State's first against a BCS school -- before saying he had to leave for the hospital.
"I'm going to be real brief because, obviously, I want to go see how Dante Love is doing," Hoke said after the game. "I appreciate you're understanding, but I'm going to go and go to the hospital, thanks."
The school said Hoke spent the night at Methodist Hospital but issued no new statement from him.
Love entered the game as the nation's leader in yards receiving per game (144.3).
He had three catches for 27 yards Saturday and ranks second in school history in receptions (199), yards receiving (2,778) and is tied for fourth in TD receptions (20). Love also holds the Ball State record for kickoff return yards in a career (2,129) and is tied with Dante Ridgeway for the most 100-yard games in school history (11).
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3600875

It is good that he is moving. That is a nasty injury. I hope for a full recovery.

idioteque
09-21-2008, 04:18 PM
That's a huge shame for Ball State with the Love injury. I like seeing these guys succeed on a national stage (they were on National TV last week) especially since they have essentially been the red-headed stepchild of Indiana college sports for as long as I can remember.

Some guy on CBS Sportsline before the season started had BSU going undefeated and making a BCS Bowl. I don't know if that's possible with Love gone, and I think chances are if they made a BCS Bowl they'd be last season's Hawaii, but hey it would be interesting.

Since86
09-21-2008, 04:52 PM
just got home from bloomington.

to give some more info, he shattered his C5, and will never able to play any contact sport again. He has feeling and movement in all his extremities.

As far as the game, two of our olinemen will get drafted, maybe more. Gerberry and Brewster are the definate. The whole line is seniors who have started since either freshman or soph. They didn't give up many sacks last year, and before yesterday they hadn't given up one in the previous 3 games.

Losing Dante will be a big set back, but it doesn't ruin our chances at running the table. Ifft and Orbson will just get bigger roles, and Parrish (our O coach) will find a way to lessen the pressure on them. If Quale Lewis continues running the way he has through the first 4 games, we will be a very dangerous team no matter.

I just about peed my pants in laughter looking at the newspapers down there friday and sat., and even todays. Why in the world they were comparing Lewis and Davis is absurd, and the game showed why. They play two different styles, and Nate is 10x the better passing QB than his IU counterpart. Lewis is a good player, but if he makes it into the league he won't be a QB. He is a good runner but beyond that?

Homecoming is next weekend, and I hope the University does something special for Dante. I've known him since my soph year from playing basketball against him during the offseason and he's a really good guy. It's horrible to see something like that to whomever, but he had a promising career somewhere. I've always thought he would get a shot somewhere to see if he could be a Steve Smith/Santana Moss player for a NFL team. Here's to hoping that he will be able to live a normal/healthy life.

juadam09
09-21-2008, 07:44 PM
That's cause they suck.

Thank you for adding so much insight.

How bout that IU football team?

ilive4sports
09-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Thank you for adding so much insight.

How bout that IU football team?
I would take IU over ND any day of the week.

PSU is climbing their way up the polls. At number 12 now, jumped ahead of OSU. If we lose to them this year, I will not be very happy. Illinois this week. I am pumped. College Game Day is going to be here. Brent Musburger is going to talk to students on Friday about sports journalism which interests me as that is my major. Lisa Salters is also going to talk and she is a PSU alum so I will probably check that out too.

This next game is where we will show the nation what we are made of. Open up the playbook all the way here and show why Darrell Clark is the man.

juadam09
09-21-2008, 09:58 PM
That was a good joke.

I actually don't know jack **** about IU's football team (except two years ago they were horrible when I actually saw them play a game). I just find it comical that anyone can make such a blanket statement such as "That is because they suck".

ND has shown they have a lot of potential with the young guys on this team, and they have two big play guys that have already shown they can and will show up. Now I am not sure if Weis is the right coach for this team, but time will tell.

Now if you made the statement "That is because ND's kicking game sucks and they were reading to much into the hyper after the win over UM" then I would agree with you 100%.

MrSparko
09-21-2008, 10:59 PM
My prayers and thoughts go out to Love

Trader Joe
09-22-2008, 12:45 AM
What is there to say about Notre Dame other than they barely squeaked by an OK San Diego St. and had to get six fumbles from an absurdly awful Michigan team to win. They got smoked by a mid-tier Big Ten team. Clausen isn't developing as hoped. They just aren't very good.

And please with the "How about that IU football team", I don't think Notre Dame is exactly trying to compete with us. Even if that is the talent level they have right now.

Trader Joe
09-22-2008, 12:46 AM
That was a good joke.

I actually don't know jack **** about IU's football team (except two years ago they were horrible when I actually saw them play a game). I just find it comical that anyone can make such a blanket statement such as "That is because they suck".

ND has shown they have a lot of potential with the young guys on this team, and they have two big play guys that have already shown they can and will show up. Now I am not sure if Weis is the right coach for this team, but time will tell.

Now if you made the statement "That is because ND's kicking game sucks and they were reading to much into the hyper after the win over UM" then I would agree with you 100%.

Also what hype was there from the Michigan win?

If there was hype they didn't deserve this team isnt very good. Nothing wrong with saying they suck if it's true.

Jonathan
09-22-2008, 10:25 AM
I really feel for that Love kid from Ball State. I
Central Michigan vs Purdue was a great game.

Notre Dame has trouble running the ball. They do not suck. It will be interesting to see how they play against Purdue.

Penn State is a very good football team. Do they play Wisconsin this year?

ilive4sports
09-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Yes we play Wisconsin at Camp Randall. Its going to be a helluva game. It is in three weeks i believe.

Jonathan
09-22-2008, 12:36 PM
Yes we play Wisconsin at Camp Randall. Its going to be a helluva game. It is in three weeks i believe.

With the way Ohio State is looking that game might be for the Big Ten Championship. I hope the game day crew shows up for that game.

ilive4sports
09-22-2008, 02:28 PM
So i'm taking part in Paternoville this week. Im so pumped. Starts tonight. For anyone watching ESPN look for the tall guy with long hair and a goatee, might have my glasses on. I kind of look like Jesus, so yeah, im going to try and get on tv haha.

ilive4sports
09-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Well never mind, all my friends backed out of participating in Paternoville so... kinda pissed about that.

Still gonna be there for college gameday so you can still try and spot me.

Shade
09-22-2008, 10:41 PM
Tough week for my teams. :(

Bball
09-23-2008, 12:04 AM

You expected something different? You???

-Bball :zip:

grace
09-23-2008, 07:51 PM

Until you revert to your "The Colts are horrible" tantrums from the Super Bowl year the team will not win a game at Lucas Oil let alone make the playoffs.

Jonathan
09-25-2008, 11:54 AM
Weekend of 09/27/2008

Illini vs Penn State
Penn State will dominant this game. The Illini defense is suspect and Penn State is very decent on both sides of the ball.

Michigan State vs IU
This will be the biggest win for the tenure of Bill Lynch if they win. Michigan State is favored by nine points and I see them covering.

Wisconsin vs Michigan
This game is at Michigan. I hope they can keep the game close but they Wolverines have not even looked average all season.

Purdue vs Notre Dame
Sheets had a breakout game for the Boilers vs CMU. Some fans want Tiller to bench Painter. The Irish have not been able to run the ball all season. Do you think Charlie steals some formations from the Dolphins playbook after watching them house the Patriots last Sunday?

Alabama vs Georgia
This game is at Georgia. Alabama will have to be hitting on all cylinders to pull the upset. Should be an excellent game to watch for all football fans.

Since86
09-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Ball State vs Kent State

It's homecoming, two of Kent State's best offensive weapons are out, and they gave up over 400 total yards to UL Cajons.

The game will be on Channel 4 at noon, for those interested.

EDIT: Update on Dante. He stood yesterday for the first time since last Sat. Peyton and Dungy both came to visit him. He also was telling the coaching staff who should replace him for his plays. He is wanting to come back to BSU and play baseball. The word is he's a pretty good player on the diamond as well. He's a super athlete, not the greatest basketball shooter, but it will be interesting to see if he can follow up with it.

ilive4sports
09-25-2008, 12:25 PM
I am really confused now. Correct me if i'm wrong, Brent Musenberger and Kirk Herbstreit are the announcers where college gameday is. Now I thought college gameday was here in happy valley this week, but they are in Georgia for the Alabama vs Georgia game. But , Brent is giving a speech on Friday and and the announcers for the game are Brent, Kirk, and Lisa Salters. I'm just confused, is Kirk not going to be in Georgia for College Gameday? Is he flying up at noon? There is plenty of time to do that as its about an hour and a half flight. Anyone have any clue to this?

I'm getting pumped for this game. I really think PSU is going to dominate. We are just more talented overall. On D we just need to contain Juice. On offense we just have to do what we have been doing. I want to see the option this game. With the personel we have it would be ridiculous. Clark running the option with either Royster, Green, or Williams, damn thats nice. Plus we have to avenge the loss from last year against Illinois.

Spicoli
09-25-2008, 02:10 PM
Herbstreit often does Gameday in one location and then will fly somewhere else to announce a different game.

Sometimes he literally goes coast to coast.

Jonathan
09-25-2008, 02:22 PM
Ball State vs Kent State

It's homecoming, two of Kent State's best offensive weapons are out, and they gave up over 400 total yards to UL Cajons.

The game will be on Channel 4 at noon, for those interested.

Since 86 when I went to IU (Randel El ERA) our team was the number one option for other schools for the homecoming game. I will give Ball State love when they play Central Michigan. That is going to be a great game. CMU QB (La fire) is good. They should have beat Purdue last week. I hope that game is televised.

Since86
09-25-2008, 03:36 PM
The CMU game is in Mt. Pleasant, and it will be aired 11/19 at 7pm on ESPN 2.

Here's the complete schedule with airings.
http://ballstatesports.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=14200&KEY=&SPID=7633&SPSID=67660

ilive4sports
09-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Herbstreit often does Gameday in one location and then will fly somewhere else to announce a different game.

Sometimes he literally goes coast to coast.

Thanks, I never realized that before.

ilive4sports
09-25-2008, 11:32 PM
Anyone else watching USC struggle with Oregon State? They were down 21 to 0 at the end of the half. They have gotten their act together now and its 21 to 14 at the end of the 3rd.

PSU beat Oregon State 45 to 10 and had back ups in the whole 4th quarter. Does USC struggles say anything about PSU? I just want an outsider's opinion on this as everyone i ask is a PSU fan.

Moses
09-26-2008, 12:31 AM
Time for my Dawgs to move up to #1.

USC looked terrible tonight.

As for the Georgia game this weekend, don't count on Bama upsetting us. It is going to be a blackout here and Sanford Stadium is going to be rocking.

ilive4sports
09-26-2008, 12:32 AM
If Georgia wins, which i think they will, they should be number 1. I cant believe USC lost.

Seriously, what does this mean about PSU? Yeah, Oregon State played unbelievably well tonight, but still PSU killed them. Has to boost us a bit.

Moses
09-26-2008, 12:36 AM
If Georgia wins, which i think they will, they should be number 1. I cant believe USC lost.

Seriously, what does this mean about PSU? Yeah, Oregon State played unbelievably well tonight, but still PSU killed them. Has to boost us a bit.
Stanford also beat Oregon State. I don't think it will boost PSU..but beating Illinois should put you up a few spots.

On a sidenote, how far does USC freefall from this loss?

ilive4sports
09-26-2008, 01:08 AM
Have to fall out of the top ten. That was a horrible performance against a mid level Pac 10 team. I dont see how USC can stay above PSU after this loss. Call me a homer, but I just dont. I think PSU will jump into the top ten between the USC loss, counting on Bama losing, and BYU is idle so we may jump them.

Yes beating OSU 35 to 3 is impressive for USC, but losing like they did tonight is more unimpressive in my book.

Jonathan
09-26-2008, 12:23 PM
USC got man handled in the first half. In the future I see teams using small RB's against them (if they are on the roster) Why Not?

ilive4sports
09-28-2008, 12:07 AM
PSU wins 38 to 24. Great game, great time. One of the best things i have ever taken part in (the whitehouse at Beaver Stadium). Got off to a slow start and the D was a bit jittery but we settled down and took over. Derrick Williams showed why he is so dangerous. Had a receiving, rushing, and a kick off return for a touch down. WE ARE!!! PENN STATE!!!

We should be very close to the top 5 with the losses by USC, Georgia, Florida and Wisconsin.

Jonathan
09-28-2008, 08:43 AM
[QUOTE=ilive4sports;784340

We should be very close to the top 5 with the losses by USC, Georgia, Florida and Wisconsin.[/QUOTE]

I am happy for the fans of the Michigan Wolverines. They deserved to see their team win. I do not know if any team in the Big Ten is worthy of a top five ranking but Rankings are not important the first week in Oct. You have to put Alabama in the top five now.
I feel the biggest upset of the day was Houston housing East Carolina.

Moses
09-28-2008, 10:56 AM
Well, as usual Georgia fails to show up to every game of the year. It is to bad the game didn't start til about 9:15-9:30 because that is when Georgia finally decided to show up and play. Credit to the Tide though, they played incredible.

I expect the Tide to move up to the #2 spot with Oklahoma being #1. Hopefully Georgia doesn't fall out of the top 10..but I figure we probably will. Despite the score being 41-30, it wasn't even that close. It was a blowout..talk about embarrassing.

ilive4sports
09-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Penn State is number 6. A very fair ranking in my opinion. We still have some work to do, but I do like where we are and where we are headed. Purdue is up next. Should win that one. It will be good to see these guys on the road at a big ten opponent before having to go to Wisconsin.

Jonathan
10-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Games for 10/04/2008

Penn State vs Purdue
Penn State will roll

Standford vs Notre Dame
Should be a very decent game will be interesting to see how Allen runs the ball.

KY vs Alabama
KY has an excellent defense this game will be close if Alabama does not jump on them early. The tide do not wait till half time to make adjustments.

Ball State vs Toledo
Toledo is a very respectable opponent and they are playing at home. I feel a lot of MAC teams are gunning for the Cardinals.

Texas travels to Colorado
Colarado will not win but take the points. They play well at home.

My Upset of the week
Vanderbilt will beat Auburn. Vandy is no longer a dormant SEC team. They will prove this Saturday.

ilive4sports
10-04-2008, 04:50 PM
I was pleased with the performance today. Early in the game i wasn't happy with the play calling, which seems to be an on going trend. But after the first two drives we seem much better. First drive stalled from a bad play call on third and short and the second drive stopped because Royster slipped.

Which brings me to this, whoever decided what shoes to wear this weekend screwed up. Players were slipping constantly and at big points in the game. I was rather frustrated to see that.

Clark was very poised today. Everyone was wondering how he would do in the first true road test and i believe he did excellent. No interceptions, ran for a td, moved the chains. Us stalling on drives was not his fault IMO. He will be fine in Wisconsin and OSU.

Royster is a beast and so is Green. If they had the right cleats they would have been even better.

Defense was impressive imo. That last drive Purdue had wasn't too nice, but until then, it was a shut out. I know Purdue's kicker helped that cause but the D stepped up when they needed to and kept Purdue out of the endzone.

Good road win today. Won't get us to jump anyone without us losing but it will keep us right in the picture. There is still work to be done though. Can't stall the way we did at times and the D still seems a little vulnerable at times. I do like our chances though, i really do.

juadam09
10-05-2008, 05:45 PM
A good win for Notre Dame yesterday.

Kind of stupid to see any kind of fighting/brawls, especially between those two teams.

Jonathan
10-06-2008, 11:27 AM
A good win for Notre Dame yesterday.

Kind of stupid to see any kind of fighting/brawls, especially between those two teams.

I do not understand why sport writers write articles about Harbaugh not shaking hands with Claussen.

juadam09
10-06-2008, 11:34 AM
I do not understand why sport writers write articles about Harbaugh not shaking hands with Claussen.

I admit I am cram packed with mid-terms so I havent read up as much as I normally would, but they really wrote a whole article?

I saw a little tidbit on ESPN after the game, but I did not think twice about it. If I were the coach I would be more interested in getting all my kids off the field so nothing gets crazy as well.

Since86
10-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Ball State vs Toledo
Toledo is a very respectable opponent and they are playing at home. I feel a lot of MAC teams are gunning for the Cardinals.

I figured this would be a trap game for us. Coming off of the Love injury at IU, then homecoming the week after, traveling away from home to a always tought MAC opponent. Toledo doesn't have the record they should, IMHO anyways. They should have beaten both Fresno St. and Fl. International. They just seemed ready to have that break out game, mix that in with the above, and well, I didn't think the game would happen like it did.

To put it in a nutshell, complete domination even without the offense doing anything positive until the 4th qtr. Our D held them to 157 TOTAL YARDS OFFENSE. Toledo averaged 190yds rushing per game, and they had 14 saturday. They put up 54pts on Fresno, and BSU blanked them.

Even better, we busted into the Top 25 for the first time ever. If our D can give half the effort they did Sat., we will be a very dangerous team. We should be 9-0 rolling into Miami (OH), then 10-0 into Mt. Pleasant to face Central Mich. They've had a strangle hold on the MAC for far too long.

Jonathan
10-06-2008, 03:12 PM
I am very happy for all the sports fans in Muncie. You guys have every right to be excited for your team. They could go undefeated and earn a BCS Bid. I hope the best for them for all you have to endure with Thompson in Basketball and Lynch in football.

Jonathan
10-06-2008, 03:14 PM
I admit I am cram packed with mid-terms so I havent read up as much as I normally would, but they really wrote a whole article?

I saw a little tidbit on ESPN after the game, but I did not think twice about it. If I were the coach I would be more interested in getting all my kids off the field so nothing gets crazy as well.

It was just a little tidbit/ (bulletin) in the Sunday Star. Harbaugh said the exact same thing. He was just trying to get his kids off the field and did not mean to not shake Claussen hand.

ilive4sports
10-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Big road game this Saturday night on ESPN for us. I don't know if Wisconsin has ever lost two straight at Camp Randall. And they have a good team. Defense is good, running game is pretty good too. Passing game, eh not so good.

I think on defense we will load up in the box and play downhill at PJ Hill. Josh Hull had a very good game last week and he will keep his eye on PJ. We have the best run D in the Big Ten and one of the best in the country. I think we will stop him and get to the point where they need to abandon the run to try and get back into the game.

If the offense starts out strong, that will only help our defense. Get an early lead, make Wisconsin pass which makes them uncomfortable. Evan Royster has been a beast. He is 15th in the nation in rushing yards per game, heres the thing, he only averages 14 carries per game. And we got Green and Clark getting some pretty decent yards behind him. As long as he can stay on his feet this week i think he will have a good game. Clark just needs to do the same as last week. Play his game. He never was rattled last week. He kept his composure very well and I think he will this time too. Norwood comes back and thats huge. He's the safety net for Clark usually. I think we will open up the playbook finally and will put on a show. I think we are just too good at rushing and passing for Wisconsin to stop us.

Oh and I am sick of everyone saying OSU is back in the national title picture. No they aren't. They need to beat PSU before thinking about being back in contention. PSU is still under the radar it seems. I don't mind it at all, but people are crowning OSU Big Ten Champs it seems.

And as I type this Beano Cook just said he expects PSU to play in the National Championship game. Wow.

Moses
10-08-2008, 12:54 PM
I was pleased with the performance today. Early in the game i wasn't happy with the play calling, which seems to be an on going trend. But after the first two drives we seem much better. First drive stalled from a bad play call on third and short and the second drive stopped because Royster slipped.

Which brings me to this, whoever decided what shoes to wear this weekend screwed up. Players were slipping constantly and at big points in the game. I was rather frustrated to see that.

Clark was very poised today. Everyone was wondering how he would do in the first true road test and i believe he did excellent. No interceptions, ran for a td, moved the chains. Us stalling on drives was not his fault IMO. He will be fine in Wisconsin and OSU.

Royster is a beast and so is Green. If they had the right cleats they would have been even better.

Defense was impressive imo. That last drive Purdue had wasn't too nice, but until then, it was a shut out. I know Purdue's kicker helped that cause but the D stepped up when they needed to and kept Purdue out of the endzone.

Good road win today. Won't get us to jump anyone without us losing but it will keep us right in the picture. There is still work to be done though. Can't stall the way we did at times and the D still seems a little vulnerable at times. I do like our chances though, i really do.
I could easily see PSU winning the Big 10. OSU really isn't that good.

Georgia has a tough matchup this week against Tennessee. Tennessee always seems to play us very well and I think it could end up going down to the wire. We've got a brutal schedule down the road as well. After Ten., we've got Vandy, LSU, Florida, Kentucky, Auburn, and GT. Talk about brutal.

Jonathan
10-08-2008, 01:11 PM
Moses that is why the SEC is always one of the top football conferences in America. GA is favored by 13 against Tenn, playing at home. Tenn has a very good defense but they have struggled on offense all season. I think KY has one of the best defenses in all of football. I hope the Colts draft their Defensive Tackle down the road.

Jonathan
10-10-2008, 09:51 AM
What a Great Weekend in College Football 10/04/2008

Texas vs Oklahoma
At OKlahoma, Rivalry Game. Colt McCoy has completed almost 80% of his passes this season.

Penn State vs Wisconsin
Penn State has a history of not being a great road team but Wisconsin's QB has been turning the ball over recently. Penn State needs to jump on them early with their talent & speed and get the crowd out of the game.

Florida vs LSU
Should be a great game. A Classic SEC Match.

North Carolina vs Notre Dame
Biggest Game of the season here for the Irish. They win they get ranked. North Carolina looked very good at home against Rutgers earlier this season.

Georgia vs Tenn
Tenn does not have a great offense this season but it will be very interesting to see how Georgia's star RB matches up against this great defense.

Ohio State vs Purdue
Purdue is a 20 point underdog. The Boilers have no kicking game but played Penn State very tough at home to bad the game is at OSU.

Ball State vs Western KY
Western KY is vastly improving, they covered against Virgina Tech last week and have several Indiana players on their roster. Ball State cannot afford to overlook these guys.

ilive4sports
10-10-2008, 11:37 AM
Damn, if that Ball State vs. Western Kentucky game was in two weeks id go. Visiting a friend who goes there and she is going to the game.

ilive4sports
10-12-2008, 12:13 AM
Thats right, absolute domination by the Nittany Lions today. 48 to 7 at Camp Randall. If that isn't proving something I don't know what is. Clark was flawless today until his last pass, which didnt matter anyways. That will just keep him motivated anyways. He was great today. He would scramble out of the pocket and keep his eyes downfield and make a huge play. Our offense is as good as anyone's in the nation. It really is.

And lets not overlook the defense. Once again we held a team to under 10 points. Aaron Maybin is an absolute beast. To think he was a back up at the start of the season and now has 9 sacks, which i believe is leading the nation. Our defense stood up to the Badgers running game.

Derrick Williams showed how dangerous he is once again. Had a punt return for a td. This season he has 3 returns for touchdowns in 7 games. Impressive. Special teams was very good, coverage was excellent, Williams as I said was great, and Kevin Kelly, man has he turned into a very good kicker or what.

This was a complete game from us, with starters really only playing 3 quarters. We did open up the playbook tonight. Idk if its all the way open or not, but it didnt need to be as we just absolutely killed them. Darryll Clark is a very smart and athletically gifted quarterback. He has shown he can throw the ball. He is a qb that can run. Not and athlete that can pass. He gets me more and more pumped each game.

Michigan is next. This is the year we beat them, finally. We are gonna make Michigan our Bichigan (thats a t-shirt btw). We should move up to number 3, possibly 2, idk if we will jump and idle Alabama or not, but we clearly deserve a number 3 rating imo.

WE ARE!!! PENN STATE!!!

Trader Joe
10-12-2008, 01:08 AM
To be fair, Wisconsin is now 0-3 in the Big Ten and they did lose to Michigan.

ilive4sports
10-12-2008, 02:43 AM
To be fair, Wisconsin is now 0-3 in the Big Ten and they did lose to Michigan.

To be fair that game was at the Big House and not Camp Randall and they didn't lose by 41 points against michigan or osu.

I think we may have the most balanced team in the country. All three aspects of the game we are exceptional at.

Shade
10-12-2008, 10:42 AM
I told y'all that extending Lynch was a mistake.

Back in the cellar again. :sigh:

grace
10-12-2008, 01:37 PM
What is the sense in having The Big Ten Network when they keep putting Purdue on the big networks to be humiliated on a grander scale? :(

Since86
10-13-2008, 12:16 PM

I could have told you that as soon as he took over the program right after Hep died. Lynch took a MAC championship team (his first season at BSU) and turned them into a 21 game losing streak.

On a positive note...BSU 7-0!!! We've had to less than stellar games on offense the past two weeks but our defense has really REALLY picked up the slack. If you would have told our staff/school that we would have only 7 pts scored on us in the past two weeks, and that TD was with less than a minute to go in the 4th with our 2nd string in, I don't know if anyone would have believed you to be honest.

This week is a bye and we're sitting at #24 in the AP. Hopefully us being idle won't bounce us out of the top 25, but I'm sure after we throttle Northern Illinois we'll get back in if it happens.

Jonathan
10-13-2008, 12:18 PM

Everybody knew that but maybe IU goes after Bowden in the off season.

Trader Joe
10-13-2008, 03:04 PM
IU football sucks, I'm bombing my midterms, and IU basketball doesn't look a whole lot better. God might as well take me now.

Since86
10-14-2008, 11:45 AM
I'd like to make a correction.....

BSU plays Eastern Michigan next, not NIU.

ilive4sports
10-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Homecoming weekend here in Happy Valley and Michigan is coming to town. Everyone is pumped for this game. Michigan has had our number for the last 12 years (9 games in that span) and this year that will change. If we lose this game, happy valley will become suicide valley i think.

With the big game next week you would think you have to worry about looking past this 2-4 Michigan team, but JoePa wont let that happen. Right after the Wisconsin game he reminded the team about our losing streak against Michigan. The time for revenge is now.

ilive4sports
10-19-2008, 02:08 PM
What a game. I was not very happy through the first half but I did know that we started playing much better toward the end of the second. Then we came out of the gates in the second half and play rather well. Michigan scored with 13 mins left in the second quarter and that was the last time they scored. We need to be better against the no huddle offense. That hurt us against Illinois and against Michigan. Only at the start of the game though, our D just needs to settle down a bit it seems.

And the offense, well we scored 39 unanswered points. Clark played well, efficient, which is exactly what we need him to be. Royster was a beast. On 18 carries he had over 170 yards rushing.

Big game against OSU next weekend at OSU. Most important game on the schedule and if we win this, we are most likely going undefeated and that should get us to the National Championship Game. 8-0 feels pretty good.

Big Smooth
10-19-2008, 02:52 PM
I think most Indiana fans realized Lynch wasn't a great choice but we were victims of circumstance. Head coach dies, his hand picked interim coach happens to be on the sideline for the first bowl game in 15 years......it was sadly inevitable that Lynch would get the chance to be the full-time coach.

Let's just be thankful that Lynch is proving to be incapable of the job very quickly. With a new AD coming in, this is good. Change will happen. Probably not soon enough to suit our tastes, but soon enough.

Shade
10-19-2008, 11:51 PM
IU looks less and less competitive every week.

4 wins MAX.

Jonathan
10-24-2008, 12:04 PM
It will be interesting to watch the Purdue vs Minnesota game this week. Minnesota has cracked the top 25 and Purdue needs a victory. The game is at Ross-Aide.

IU vs Northwestern
Northwestern will blow them out. IU looks terrible on defense and might not be able to stop Newton & Freytag of the Carmel Greyhounds. I hope Lewis plays with Chappel in the backfield. This is the best offense the hoosiers have.

Penn State vs Ohio State
This is Penn States Year. They win.

BSU vs Eastern Michigan
Do not know much about Eastern Michigan just hope Ball State continues to go unbeaten. I really want them to make a BCS bowl game. OK

Alabama vs Tenn
Tenn has switched QB's but it will not matter. He is in for a rude introduction to against the Tide.

GA vs LSU
I am taking GA because they play at home. Home Field Advantage is the biggest factor in good ol SEC football.

Ty vs Charlie
Wash vs Notre Dame
I hope Notre Dame fans show some class and treat Ty with a little bit of respect. He does have a terrible football team this year but keep in mind how Notre Dame was getting treated last year when they were the floor mat.

OK STATE vs TEXAS
can OK STATE continue to knock off top ten teams? Colt Mc Coy has been the best QB in college so far this season.

ilive4sports
10-25-2008, 01:18 PM
I can't wait for this game. This year we have been breaking those losing trends we have had in the past and I think this another one that will fall. Beat Michigan for the first time in 12 years and beat Wisconsin at Wisconsin and scored 48 points there too. Havent won at OSU since we joined the Big Ten, so this is just another thing for us to overcome and put it behind us. About 7 hours til kickoff.

Shade
10-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Someway, somehow, IU leads Northwestern 14-9 at the half.

We all know it won't last (in fact, NW will probably still end up winning by 20+), but it's still interesting to note.

Btw, when is the last time IU beat a ranked team?

Trader Joe
10-25-2008, 01:51 PM
#15 Iowa my freshman year.

LG33
10-25-2008, 02:15 PM
****ing Tar Heels.

Shade
10-25-2008, 02:22 PM
#15 Iowa my freshman year.

Ah yes, I remember that game now. :)

Shade
10-25-2008, 02:39 PM
IU still up 21-19 in the 4th.

Shade
10-25-2008, 02:45 PM
Lynch is such a freaking moron. Why don't we just hand NW a FG and get it over with already?

Shade
10-25-2008, 02:49 PM
INTERCEPTION!!!

Shade
10-25-2008, 03:00 PM
Wow, HUGE mistake by the NW QB there.

Shade
10-25-2008, 03:06 PM
And IU pulls off the shocker! :eek: :dance:

Shade
10-25-2008, 03:16 PM
IU win + Purdue loss = good day :cool:

grace
10-25-2008, 04:00 PM
I'd like to thank Korey Sheets for opening his big fat mouth and saying how Painter has been playing like crap and that the offense should be run entirely through him (Korey). What does Mr. Sheet's proceed to do today? Fumble! Dumb ***. :rolleyes:

Shade
10-25-2008, 05:55 PM
Jeez, when was the last time IU was ahead of Purdue in the Big Ten Standings this late in the season?

Not that being #10 rather than #11 is exactly much to brag about. But at IU, we takes what we can gets. :D

Shade
10-25-2008, 05:58 PM
To have a shot at a bowl, IU has to beat Central Michigan, Wisconsin, AND Purdue. We'll be lucky to stay within 50 of PSU (not hyperbole).

Big Smooth
10-26-2008, 03:12 AM
To have a shot at a bowl, IU has to beat Central Michigan, Wisconsin, AND Purdue. We'll be lucky to stay within 50 of PSU (not hyperbole).

We could beat CMU and Purdue but I think Wisky will crush us. They have too much talent to be playing so badly and beating Illinois might get them untracked.

ilive4sports
10-27-2008, 02:02 AM
9-0! Talk about Big Ten football on display Saturday Night. Smash mouth, great defenses, classic battle, and the better team won. I give OSU credit, they stopped our offense. But i'd say we have one of the best defense's in the nation, if not the best. Held Beanie Wells to 55 yards rushing on 22 carries. I am so pumped up still from this game.

Will Texas and Bama finish undefeated?

Jonathan
10-27-2008, 10:09 AM
Wow, HUGE mistake by the NW QB there.

That was the backup QB that messed that play up. I was very happy to see the look of relief on Bill Lynch's face after the game. Great Homecoming victory for the Hoosier. They have chances to beat both Central Mich & Purdue this season. IU's Defense really showed up today.

On a side note Ball State does not play a Saturday game for the rest of the year. I also turned on the Purdue game and saw they had a back up QB that was playing as a RB two weeks ago. Purdue is at a crossroads here. Do they turn in the season or not?

ilive4sports
10-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Not sure if any of you guys are aware of the huge riot that ensued in State College after the win on Saturday night. I was out of town so I wasnt involved, but if you search Penn State Riot on youtube, the first video was filmed by my friend. Light poles were torn down, a car was flipped, a couch was on fire on College Ave. (main street in State College). It was absolutely insane. Cops had to break out the riot gear and sprayed everyone with mace and set off smoke bombs. It got way out of control and a lot of people are now in a lot of trouble.

But with that being said, Let's Go State!!! I want to spend my January in Miami.

Shade
10-28-2008, 10:15 PM
Not sure if any of you guys are aware of the huge riot that ensued in State College after the win on Saturday night. I was out of town so I wasnt involved, but if you search Penn State Riot on youtube, the first video was filmed by my friend. Light poles were torn down, a car was flipped, a couch was on fire on College Ave. (main street in State College). It was absolutely insane. Cops had to break out the riot gear and sprayed everyone with mace and set off smoke bombs. It got way out of control and a lot of people are now in a lot of trouble.

But with that being said, Let's Go State!!! I want to spend my January in Miami.

All that, and they didn't even win anything yet! :shakehead

People are morons.

ilive4sports
10-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Yea, i mean i agree that beating OSU at OSU is pretty big not only cause we havent beaten them in their house since joining the big ten and that it sets us up to go undefeated now, but it went way too far. None of my friends were actually rioting, just my one filming it. We may be dumb, but we aren't that dumb.

Jonathan
10-31-2008, 12:08 PM
This weeks games of interest

Texas vs Texas Tech

Both teams can put up big numbers. The winner of this game is the front runner for the Heisman Trophy. Texas has a good defense and will get to Harrell.

Florida vs Georgia
I am taking Florida to win this game. Tim Tebow.

Notre Dame vs Pitt
Pitt has an excellent RB and it will be good to see if Notre Dame has improved their Running D since the Michigan State Game.

Michigan vs Purdue
At Purdue. What is Purdue going to do at QB?

Since 86. I will be attending the Ball State vs Northern Illinois game on Wenesday Night. I purchased reserved tickets from the box office.

Since86
10-31-2008, 12:36 PM
That's great to hear! It should be a packed house.

In case you've never been to Muncie for a game:

I don't konw if you tailgate or not, but we have a stupid rule that the lots don't open up until 3hrs before game time.

Due to the small size of the stadium, there isn't a bad seat in the house. The north part of the west seating is where visiting teams sit. I know my family likes to sit there, up towards the top because it usually isn't as crowded, if you don't necessarily want to be surrounded by others.

For parking, I would recommend Northside Middle School on Bethel Ave. The cost is $5, but that's the cost everywhere. It's right next to the stadium, and it's easy to get in/out of.

Shade
11-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Important game for the Hosers today. A loss likely means the end of any bowl hopes, which are already slim as-is.

Shade
11-01-2008, 03:34 PM
IU loses thanks in part to Mr. Shank, and Purdue wins in The Game That Defense Forgot.

Awesome. :suicide:

DisplacedKnick
11-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Our defense wasn't bad - only gave up 300 total yards. Special teams completely sucked. Over 270 return yards.

Here were the lengths of Michigan's scoring drives:

1. 45 yards
2. 0 yards (73 yd punt return)
3. 42 yards
4. 51 yards
5. 42 yards
6. 68 yards - a real drive!

For the real forgetful defense, try IU giving up 522 yards. That's pretty special.

grace
11-01-2008, 05:31 PM
IU loses thanks in part to Mr. Shank, and Purdue wins in The Game That Defense Forgot.

Awesome. :suicide:

Plus Michigan State won so I'm pretty freakin' excited! :dance:

Now if Notre Dame would just lose I'd be over the moon. :happydanc

Moses
11-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Well, Georgia got absolutely thrashed by Florida today. Combination of missed opportunities, bad calls, and poor special teams play really killed Georgia in the first half. In the second half though, the Gators just dominated us. Hopefully we will still get one of the big bowl games.

DisplacedKnick
11-02-2008, 12:48 AM
I just hope the pollsters put Texas Tech ahead of Penn State by the time Bowl seedings come out. They're much better and PSU doesn't even compare to Alabama. I'm not big on seeing the Big Ten get blown out again in the BCS Championship again.

Shade
11-02-2008, 11:26 AM
I just hope the pollsters put Texas Tech ahead of Penn State by the time Bowl seedings come out. They're much better and PSU doesn't even compare to Alabama. I'm not big on seeing the Big Ten get blown out again in the BCS Championship again.

If they would just create a friggin' playoff system, the problem would solve itself.

I hate the B(C)S. It takes a lot of enjoyment out of college football for me.

DisplacedKnick
11-02-2008, 01:04 PM
If they would just create a friggin' playoff system, the problem would solve itself.

I hate the B(C)S. It takes a lot of enjoyment out of college football for me.

Yup - you could even preserve the Bowl system. Set up a Bowl rotation where 7 are playoff bowls. Take the top 8 teams, seed 'em and let 'em play it out. You'd have to shorten the college season - a requirement of no more than 11 games since the top 2 teams would play 3 more - but it's very doable. Your other 30 or so bowls go on as usual.

You'll still have a debate about the 9th and 10th team being left out but that's a much healthier debate, just like the basketball debate.

ilive4sports
11-03-2008, 12:00 PM
PSU doesnt even compare to Alabama and Texas Tech is better than PSU? I will disagree with that.

Alabama has played Georgia and who else? Clemson, please just another season of them being hyped up and actually being nothing. Tennessee is horrible this year. And Georgia, while they are good, they aren't great. They have suffered two blowouts this year. I dont see Alabama beating Florida in the SEC Championship, actually i dont think it will be close. Florida may be the best team in the country. Alabama has to watch out this weekend against a mediocre LSU team.

Texas Tech ok they beat Texas, great win, was I surprised? No. Texas's pass defense was something like 112th and they went against the best passing offense in the game. Tech is a very good team, but a national champion? No. Have them play a team with a real defense, not a big 12 defense (which we all know dont really exist) and see what happens. I dont see Tech beating both Ok. State and Oklahoma(who i think is the best team in the Big 12 despite losing to Texas).

Now I will talk about PSU. Yes, they havent had a, what the experts call signature win, but beating OSU at the horseshoe is always impressive. OSU is down this year, as is the Big 10 as a whole, but PSU is probably the best team coming out of the Big 10 in quite awhile, possibly back to '94 when we got shafted out of a National Championship then. Look at what PSU has done this year. They have a very prolific and diverse offense. If you think OSU shut us down, you are wrong. We played Tressell ball. We beat them at their own game. Hold onto the ball and play stout defense. Having no turnovers is why PSU won that game, and the defense played amazing too. Which leads me to my next point, we have one of the best defenses in the country, which is typical for PSU. Year in and year out we are towards the top. This year is no different. And our special teams is very good too. Kevin Kelly is a very good kicker and has a huge leg. Derrick Williams has 3 returns for touchdowns this year, enough said.

Also PSU has won games pretty much every way possible. Come from behind on the road against OSU and winning on defense and the run game killing the clock at the end. Blowouts against numerous teams lead by Clark or Royster, or Williams the defense shutting teams down.

Penn State has had one close game all season. Don't punish Penn State for the big 10 being down. Hell we joined it so we wouldnt get left out of the National Championship picture. I agree that the Big Ten is down and we have a weaker schedule than those in the Big 12. I did not say SEC because until Bama has to play Florida in the Championship, how much harder is their schedule than Penn State? Not much, if any at all. The two human polls that factor in the BCS, coaches and harris, have PSU at number two. It is the computers that have screwed PSU here. I hate the BCS as much as you guys do. A playoff system would be so much better. JoePa has wanted one for how many years now.

I don't think it is fair for PSU to be punished for what OSU has done the past two years and the conference being down. We have easily won all of our Big 10 games, outside of OSU who will probably finish in the top 10 too, and will continue to win easily against Iowa, Indiana and Michigan St. I could see if we are barely getting by, but thats not the case. And whatever bowl game PSU gets into, they will be very competitive. Look at JoePa's bowl record. Look at how well prepared we have been all season. Plus our team is very talented. How many big ten teams have you seen with this much offensive talent and speed matched with your old school smash mouth big ten defense? I cant answer that question.

DisplacedKnick
11-03-2008, 01:54 PM
Penn State should be punished because they're not that good. They're a 2-loss team in either the Big 12 or SEC.

They aren't particularly fast, their offense isn't that good when they play a team that actually has a defense - or even some teams, such as Purdue, that don't have one - and their players at the skill positions outside of RB don't match up.

ilive4sports
11-03-2008, 03:22 PM
You are kidding right? Not that good? Only team in the country in the top ten in offense and defense. Arent fast? Derrick Williams, Dion Butler and Jordan Norwood aren't fast? Clark isnt fast? Why do the coaches have us at number two? Iowa has a good defense. Watch what we will do to them this weekend. And honestly if you watched the Purdue game you would know that we could have easily put up 40 on them. Penn State may lose two games in the big 12, thats if they have to play Texas, Oklahoma, Ok State and Texas Tech, but at the same time I am confident they can beat all of those teams. The SEC has one impressive team and that is Florida. Georgia is overrated. It is only a matter of time til Bama gets exploited.

I am sick of hearing oh the big 12 and the SEC are so good. Yes the big 12 has some great offenses. But where is the defense? When your team needs a big stop late in the game, how confident are you in any of those defenses? I know im putting my money on PSU's to stop the opponent. In the SEC the only offense I worry about is Florida's because of how dynamic they are, mainly because of Tim Tebow. I have felt that Alabama has been extremely overrated all year. Their win two weeks ago at Tennessee is no more impressive than us beating Wisconsin. The SEC is down this year, just like the big 10 and the pac 10. The big 12 is the best conference in football right now, hands down. But I could see Penn State being very competetive in there too.

PSU is not the OSU from the past two years. We are much more athletic, our offense is much more diverse, we have more playmakers on offense and we dominate in the trenches every week. I don't see how you can say that PSU isnt particularly fast. Thats ridiculous.

Moses
11-03-2008, 09:01 PM
You are kidding right? Not that good? Only team in the country in the top ten in offense and defense. Arent fast? Derrick Williams, Dion Butler and Jordan Norwood aren't fast? Clark isnt fast? Why do the coaches have us at number two? Iowa has a good defense. Watch what we will do to them this weekend. And honestly if you watched the Purdue game you would know that we could have easily put up 40 on them. Penn State may lose two games in the big 12, thats if they have to play Texas, Oklahoma, Ok State and Texas Tech, but at the same time I am confident they can beat all of those teams. The SEC has one impressive team and that is Florida. Georgia is overrated. It is only a matter of time til Bama gets exploited.

I am sick of hearing oh the big 12 and the SEC are so good. Yes the big 12 has some great offenses. But where is the defense? When your team needs a big stop late in the game, how confident are you in any of those defenses? I know im putting my money on PSU's to stop the opponent. In the SEC the only offense I worry about is Florida's because of how dynamic they are, mainly because of Tim Tebow. I have felt that Alabama has been extremely overrated all year. Their win two weeks ago at Tennessee is no more impressive than us beating Wisconsin. The SEC is down this year, just like the big 10 and the pac 10. The big 12 is the best conference in football right now, hands down. But I could see Penn State being very competetive in there too.

PSU is not the OSU from the past two years. We are much more athletic, our offense is much more diverse, we have more playmakers on offense and we dominate in the trenches every week. I don't see how you can say that PSU isnt particularly fast. Thats ridiculous.
Doesn't change the fact that if you put PSU in the SEC or Big 12 they are a 2 loss team. Hopefully we get to see one of the SEC teams go up against PSU in a bowl game this year.

idioteque
11-03-2008, 10:08 PM
You can sign, seal, and deliver it that Notre Dame will NOT win at Washington.

:laugh:

Sorry. I had to.

ilive4sports
11-03-2008, 10:54 PM
You cant say PSU would lose two games in the SEC or Big 12. What have they done this year to make you think that? Be in the top ten in both offense and defense?

Just a little stat for the SEC people. Since '04 the Big Ten is 5-5 against the SEC in bowl games. Hell since PSU joined the big 10 in '93 the are 4-2 against the SEC in bowl games and 3-0 against the Big 12.

Moses
11-03-2008, 11:19 PM
You cant say PSU would lose two games in the SEC or Big 12. What have they done this year to make you think that? Be in the top ten in both offense and defense?

Just a little stat for the SEC people. Since '04 the Big Ten is 5-5 against the SEC in bowl games. Hell since PSU joined the big 10 in '93 the are 4-2 against the SEC in bowl games and 3-0 against the Big 12.
Top 10 in offense and defense against who..they play nobody. Georgia/Florida/Bama/LSU would be undefeated right now with that schedule. The only people who think the Big 10 compares to the SEC or Big 12 are fans of teams in the Big 10. I am not saying that PSU is a bad team, but they simply would not be undefeated if they played some stiffer competition.

ilive4sports
11-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Georgia, Bama, and LSU would not have beaten OSU. Not in the horseshoe. If they played them at home, then yeah, but it wasnt at home. I never said that PSU had a tougher schedule and I never said the the Big 10 was the best conference. All I have said is the SEC is down this year and they are.

Who has Bama played? Their stats arent even impressive with their lackluster schedule. It goes both ways. Wait and see, whoever PSU plays in whatever bowl game they get, it will be a very competitive game.

Trader Joe
11-04-2008, 05:01 PM
:laugh:

Sorry. I had to.

:blush:

I can appreciate my failures.:D

Shade
11-04-2008, 05:52 PM
:blush:

I can appreciate my failures.:D

I, too, can appreciate your failures. :D

Jonathan
11-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Georgia, Bama, and LSU would not have beaten OSU. Not in the horseshoe. If they played them at home, then yeah, but it wasnt at home. I never said that PSU had a tougher schedule and I never said the the Big 10 was the best conference. All I have said is the SEC is down this year and they are.

Who has Bama played? Their stats arent even impressive with their lackluster schedule. It goes both ways. Wait and see, whoever PSU plays in whatever bowl game they get, it will be a very competitive game.

Bama would house Ohio State. I agree Penn State will play competitive with anybody b/c they have great speed and skill players. You cannot argue the Big Ten is a good conference in college football this year.

Moses
11-04-2008, 06:13 PM

Ohio State...0-9 vs SEC all time in bowl games. I think that really speaks for itself.

And Bama coming in and dominating the Bulldogs in Athens at a blackout game is more impressive then PSU squeaking out a win over OSU at the horseshoe. If you are going to call Bama overrated, then PSU is VERY overrated. And Florida is not as good as the win over Georgia indicated. That game was competitive until pretty much the 3rd quarter. Georgia came out very flat after half time and let the Gators walk all over them. It wouldn't surprise me if the Gators lost to one of South Carolina, Vandy, or possibly even FSU. If Ole Miss can beat them, then any of those teams can.

I think you are missing my point anyways. I am not saying PSU is a bad team..I think they are right up there with the good teams in the SEC. I think they are on par with Georgia and not quite as good as Bama or Florida. With that said, I really think that Georgia, Florida, Bama, and yes even LSU would have beaten OSU at Ohio State. I would love to see PSU go up against one of the SEC powerhouses in a bowl game..would make for a very good game. I just hope Georgia doesn't get stuck playing a team like Hawaii again..

ilive4sports
11-04-2008, 10:45 PM
Well PSU will take care of their business and it will just come down to whether or not its a Big 12 or an SEC team playing against us in the National Championship game and PSU will show up.

And PSU is not OSU, why even bring up that 0-9 stat? Why not look at that PSU is 4-2 against SEC teams since joining the big 10?

Moses
11-05-2008, 02:23 AM
Well PSU will take care of their business and it will just come down to whether or not its a Big 12 or an SEC team playing against us in the National Championship game and PSU will show up.

And PSU is not OSU, why even bring up that 0-9 stat? Why not look at that PSU is 4-2 against SEC teams since joining the big 10?
Because you said OSU would beat any of the top SEC teams..which simply is not true.

ilive4sports
11-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Because you said OSU would beat any of the top SEC teams..which simply is not true.
Playing at a neutral site and playing at the horseshoe are two completely different things.

Moses
11-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Playing at a neutral site and playing at the horseshoe are two completely different things.
I think SEC rivalry games on the road are very comparable to playing a game at OSU so it isn't like SEC teams are novices when it comes to hostile environments. We will just have to agree to disagree and wait on the bowl games.

Since86
11-06-2008, 11:47 AM
To change it up.....

I hope you guys caught the BSU game last night. It was a thrashing. NIU defense was averaging 16pts a game, and only 8 in their last 6 games. Offensively, we did what we wanted, when we wanted.

I'm hoping we turned a corner in our offense and figured out how to replace some of the things Dante did. Offensively, we had been sluggish since the IU game, but tonight was all burners.

Tues. we play Miami (OH), also on ESPN 2. I will be in Oxford to catch the game.

Jonathan
11-06-2008, 01:23 PM
Davis is hands down the best QB in the state right now. I do not know if he will be a better pro than Jimmy Claussen though; only time will tell.

Since86
11-06-2008, 04:29 PM
I forgot you said you were gonna go. Did you get to tour the campus? What were your overall thoughts?

I was a little disappointed in the attendance, but it was expected considering the time, small student enrollment (compared to IU/PU/big schools), and older alums/fans needing to get to bed earlier than us.

Jonathan
11-07-2008, 10:36 AM
I think the game had an excellent turn-out. Ball State has an explosive offense. Nate Davis threw some nice passes. I heard how good Northern Ill Defense was but they did not impress me. My brother went to school there so I have visited.

Key Games this week

Alabama vs LSU
Tide Roll.

Penn State vs Iowa
Penn State's QB is very questionable. Game at Iowa. Could be some trouble
Iowa has several young players at key positions. They are too young to care and want to make a name for themselves.

Georgia vs KY
Game at Ky but Georgia should win. KY defense was looking good this season till Tim Tebow put up 63 on them.

Florida vs Vandy
I would call Vandy in a major upset but they broke my heart when Duke beat them. I know Duke has Cutcliffe (former Tenn Offensive Cordinat) but losing to them in football is wrong. Florida will win.

Boston College vs Notre Dame
If Notre Dame losses they do not have a 9-3 season. The game is at BC.

ilive4sports
11-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Wait, why is the Clark questionable? He has been fully cleared to play and as of Tuesday it has been said he will be starting. He has started all week in practice too.

Hell even if Clark didnt play, which isnt going to happen, Pat Devlin is a helluva backup.

Jonathan
11-07-2008, 11:55 AM
I saw it earlier in the week that he was injured. The ticker on ESPN News. Thanks for the update.

Moses
11-07-2008, 03:46 PM
I think the game had an excellent turn-out. Ball State has an explosive offense. Nate Davis threw some nice passes. I heard how good Northern Ill Defense was but they did not impress me. My brother went to school there so I have visited.

Key Games this week

Alabama vs LSU
Tide Roll.

Penn State vs Iowa
Penn State's QB is very questionable. Game at Iowa. Could be some trouble
Iowa has several young players at key positions. They are too young to care and want to make a name for themselves.

Georgia vs KY
Game at Ky but Georgia should win. KY defense was looking good this season till Tim Tebow put up 63 on them.

Florida vs Vandy
I would call Vandy in a major upset but they broke my heart when Duke beat them. I know Duke has Cutcliffe (former Tenn Offensive Cordinat) but losing to them in football is wrong. Florida will win.

Boston College vs Notre Dame
If Notre Dame losses they do not have a 9-3 season. The game is at BC.
Those all have potential to be great games with the exception of PSU vs Iowa and Georgia vs Kentucky. I think both PSU and Georgia roll this weekend. I think LSU could upset Bama and Vandy could upset the Gators. I wont pretend to know anything about BC or Notre Dame this year so I have no clue about that game.

Moses
11-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Holy crap, what a game. I would have loved to see Georgia blowout Kentucky but that never happens when you are playing a good SEC defense. Story of this game was Georgia's quick strike offense but **** poor special teams and defense doing everything they can to lose.

Shade
11-08-2008, 05:45 PM
IU's season is officially over. 55-20 loss to a bad Wisconsin team. Outscored 31-0 in the second half. Sheesh.

I really don't know who is worse -- Lynch or Dunn. I just want them both out of here already. Of course, I was against bringing both of them in in the first place.

At least Purdue lost, too. It's going to be comical watching the two play for 10th and 11th place in the conference in a couple of weeks.

grace
11-08-2008, 06:40 PM
I really don't know who is worse -- Lynch or Dunn.

Dunn by a mile.

Moses
11-08-2008, 07:16 PM
LSU would have a great shot at beating Bama if they had a somewhat competent QB. Jarrett Lee is awful.

Moses
11-08-2008, 07:39 PM
Looks like I was wrong about PSU rolling..they lost to Iowa by one.

DisplacedKnick
11-08-2008, 08:44 PM
That's good - we don't have to watch Penn St give another demonstration of Big Ten mediocrity to the world.

I fully expect two 1-loss teams in the Championship game. I expect Florida to take Alabama and I think Texas Tech loses next week - and very possibly tonight. They could change my thinking with a win but I just don't think Tech's that good.

Right now I expect the Championship game to be Florida vs Texas though USC has a shot too. Those are the 3 best teams in the country anyway IMO.

SycamoreKen
11-09-2008, 12:15 AM
Sorry, but USC should not even be in the conversation. The rest of their conference is as mediocre as the Big Ten is. I would put most of the Big 12 South higher than they are.Can Oklahoma keep up with Tech on the socre board? Tech was a joy to watch tonight. I think it would be good for the game if they won it all.

Bball
11-09-2008, 12:59 AM
IU's season is officially over. 55-20 loss to a bad Wisconsin team. Outscored 31-0 in the second half. Sheesh.

I really don't know who is worse -- Lynch or Dunn. I just want them both out of here already. Of course, I was against bringing both of them in in the first place.

At least Purdue lost, too. It's going to be comical watching the two play for 10th and 11th place in the conference in a couple of weeks.

Can anyone explain how Lynch got a 4 year contract?

IU will have to eat some of that because there is no way the program can allow him to head the program for 4 years.

Shade
11-09-2008, 02:42 AM
Can anyone explain how Lynch got a 4 year contract?

IU will have to eat some of that because there is no way the program can allow him to head the program for 4 years.

The same way Mike Davis did; by winning immediately following a major event within the program.

Unfortunately, like Davis, Lynch is a below average coach.

Big Smooth
11-09-2008, 03:26 AM
Well, Georgia got absolutely thrashed by Florida today. Combination of missed opportunities, bad calls, and poor special teams play really killed Georgia in the first half. In the second half though, the Gators just dominated us. Hopefully we will still get one of the big bowl games.

I was down in Jacksonville last weekend and it was a great time! :D We did not have tickets but tailgated outside the stadium. I've pretty much adopted the Gators as my "other" team besides Indiana. Been to the Cocktail Party two years running and I plan on making it an annual event now.

The blowout did shock me, I figured on a real tight contest.

Big Smooth
11-09-2008, 03:30 AM
Doesn't change the fact that if you put PSU in the SEC or Big 12 they are a 2 loss team. Hopefully we get to see one of the SEC teams go up against PSU in a bowl game this year.

Losing to Iowa pretty much clinches it as far as PSU not being quite as good as their rating at #3.

I mean I actually was rooting for PSU to pull it off and make the big game just for JoePa but no dice.

And I do agree on the sentiment about PSU being a 2 loss team in the Big 12 or SEC. The Big Ten is just horrid this season....and the Nits still failed to run the table.

Big Smooth
11-09-2008, 03:33 AM

Any of those 3 teams could and would beat OSU at the Horseshoe. OSU is not all that. Now playing at home might give the Bucks a better chance to keep it close but c'mon.....it has been a while since the Big Ten truly could even claim to match up with the SEC. And I'm a huge Big Ten fan too.

DisplacedKnick
11-09-2008, 09:18 AM
Any of those 3 teams could and would beat OSU at the Horseshoe. OSU is not all that. Now playing at home might give the Bucks a better chance to keep it close but c'mon.....it has been a while since the Big Ten truly could even claim to match up with the SEC. And I'm a huge Big Ten fan too.

Most of us here are. It's a disappointing situation - but it'll turn around. These things always do.

DisplacedKnick
11-09-2008, 09:20 AM
Sorry, but USC should not even be in the conversation. The rest of their conference is as mediocre as the Big Ten is. I would put most of the Big 12 South higher than they are.Can Oklahoma keep up with Tech on the socre board? Tech was a joy to watch tonight. I think it would be good for the game if they won it all.

Dunno but Tech impressed me. Last week Texas was a better team that got off to a very slow start. Wasn't the case last night. They beat OK and I'll jump the bandwagon. Them vs Florida would make a very entertaining championship.

Arcadian
11-09-2008, 09:24 AM
It should be the SEC champ vs the Big twelve Champ. However, if Missouri wins the big 12 championship game it will be SEC champ vs USC.

Moses
11-09-2008, 11:24 AM
I was down in Jacksonville last weekend and it was a great time! :D We did not have tickets but tailgated outside the stadium. I've pretty much adopted the Gators as my "other" team besides Indiana. Been to the Cocktail Party two years running and I plan on making it an annual event now.

The blowout did shock me, I figured on a real tight contest.
My roommate went to Jacksonville with no tickets as well and watched the game outside on the big screen. I'll probably go down next year. I went last year when Georgia won and it was one of the best weekends of my life...and you are right in calling it the cocktail party. :D

After watching Florida thrash Vandy last night I think they will crush Bama in the SEC Championship game. I also think they would beat Texas Tech if they played them in the national championship game. Florida should not overlook the Gamecocks though. I think that game will be tightly contested..they have a pretty good defense.

ilive4sports
11-09-2008, 02:38 PM
To say I am pissed off is an understatement. Way to play your worst game of the year when it matters most pretty much. So many things went wrong. There isnt just one thing you can pinpoint this loss on. O-Line play, play calling (possibly the biggest one IMO), defense just letting Iowa do whatever down the stretch, Clark having his worst game ever and there is more. Ranting about it is pointless.

If you would have told me that PSU would play in the Rose Bowl this year at the beginning of the season, I would have been happy with that. But now its just a consolation prize. Need to take care of business against Indiana and Michigan State so we do win the Big Ten Title and most likely end up going to the Rose Bowl. I'm dissappointed.

Since86
11-11-2008, 12:17 PM
BSU/MIAMI (OH) tonight, 8 pm ESPN2.

I thought we were gonna make the trip, but everyone backed out last night. We will instead take in the game eating wings and dropping back 23oz beers at the local Bdubs.

Jonathan
11-11-2008, 03:20 PM
I will be watching as well. Have you checked the forecast yet for miama of ohio? I hope it is not raining b/c I like it when ball state jumps out early on teams. I am hoping for a miracle via Notre Dame Beating USC or something along those lines so Ball State can make the BCS but it is going take two or three miracle upsets.

Jonathan
11-12-2008, 11:21 AM
Ball State had some mistakes ie QB pressure in the first half, turnovers, the freshman messing up a kickoff but They went to Ohio and got the W. 10-0 with two more to go.

Critics will knock them for not playing a tough schedule but their conference has 4 wins against the Big 10. Yes, two of them are against IU, but teams should not punished for their schedule. The players do not set the schedule; they just play against the teams on their schedule.

Since86
11-12-2008, 02:40 PM
The worst game I've watched them play all year, but a win is still a win.

On to next wed. against C. Michigan aired on ESPN2. These next two games are the toughest opponents on our schedule.

Jonathan
11-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Key games for the week of 11/15

Ohio State vs Illini
The game is at Illinois. The defense needs to stop Wells for Ohio State. Juice plays well at home. It will take a Vince Young Rose Bowl Performance for Illini to get the victory.

Georgia vs Auburn
Auburn had all the preseason hype is this the game they live up to it? GA squeked by KY last week. Who will be dancing the soulja boy?

FSU vs Boston College
A lot on this ACC Rivalry. Severa FSU players' got into trouble for fighting no report as of today. Will be interesting to see what players are involved.

ND vs Navy
The Irish look to avenge last years loss to the midshipman. Charlie will be calling the offense. The defense has to worry about stopping the wishbone first.

Penn State vs IU
Penn State will win. Will they cover the 36 point spread?

Alabama vs Miss St
Bama has not scored a TD against this team since 2004. This is the year they do that.

Shade
11-14-2008, 12:03 PM
How is Penn State vs. IU a key game? IU has no chance in hell of winning. Might as well be a damn bye.

Jonathan
11-14-2008, 12:42 PM
One of the active members in this thread livesports is an avid Penn State Fan. I think it will be interesting to see if IU gets beat by less than 36 points.

ilive4sports
11-14-2008, 12:56 PM
I really hope we demolish IU, nothing against IU, its just after that **** poor performance in Iowa, I need to see complete domination. We have not won the Big Ten yet. Need to win our last two games to do so and I want to see domination here at home. Need to end the regular season on a high note.

On a side note, JoePa just drove by me as I was walking back to class. Drives a late 90's Saab sedan. Nothing special. Seemed like a safe driver too.

LG33
11-14-2008, 07:55 PM
I didn't realize ND was on a 43 game winning streak against Navy when they lost last year. That's pretty sick.

Moses
11-15-2008, 03:50 PM
I am not one to normally complain about officiating, but Auburn must have bought out these refs. They blew a fumble play dead way to quickly in which Georgia recovered it in the end zone for a TD and have missed 3-4 blatant PI calls two of which would have been receiving TDs by AJ Green. :mad:

Shade
11-15-2008, 03:53 PM
WTF is with IU and second half collapses this year? They usually keep it close to halftime, then just forget that there is a whole other half to play, I guess. :confused: :mad:

Moses
11-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Georgia got a few second half calls so I can't complain to much and we came out with the W. Auburn should give Alabama some trouble next week I would imagine. They played well today.

Shade
11-15-2008, 05:06 PM
Well, at least we "only" lost by 27.

:sigh:

grace
11-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Well, at least we "only" lost by 27.

:sigh:

It could be worse. You could be a U of M fan.

Shade
11-15-2008, 06:47 PM
The match-up is set: IU and Purdue, for the Bucket and the right to lay claim to next-to last place.

Watch it end in a tie. :lol:

grace
11-15-2008, 07:10 PM
The match-up is set: IU and Purdue, for the Bucket and the right to lay claim to next-to last place.

Watch it end in a tie. :lol:

Unless there's a limit on the number of OTs they can that I don't know about that's not going to happen.

LG33
11-16-2008, 12:39 AM
BC BEATS FSU! YAY!
(Back in the Top 25?)

There's a lot of parity in the ACC this year.

Translation: Everybody sucks!

DisplacedKnick
11-16-2008, 09:38 AM
Unless there's a limit on the number of OTs they can that I don't know about that's not going to happen.

It gets to OT they should just invoke a new mercy rule for both team's seasons.

DisplacedKnick
11-16-2008, 09:43 AM
BC BEATS FSU! YAY!
(Back in the Top 25?)

There's a lot of parity in the ACC this year.

Translation: Everybody sucks!

Except for the Big 12 and maybe the SEC you could say that for every major Conference.

I'd bet the MAC would finish ahead of several "power" conferences if they went head-to-head.

grace
11-16-2008, 12:38 PM
It gets to OT they should just invoke a new mercy rule for both team's seasons.

Or they could just have Tiller and Lynch thumb wrestle for the bucket. Now that's entertainment!

Shade
11-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Or they could just have Tiller and Lynch thumb wrestle for the bucket. Now that's entertainment!

I would pay to see that.

ilive4sports
11-16-2008, 02:07 PM
Not going to lie, we played horrible on offense. I mean, just very sloppy all around. Need to clean our act up for next weeks game against MSU for the Big Ten title and a trip to the Rose Bowl.

So, if Oregon State wins out, will they really be put in the Rose Bowl?

Jonathan
11-19-2008, 11:27 AM
Great Game tonight. Central Michigan vs Ball State the game is @ CMU.

This is a battle of the two best QB's in the MAC. This is a major game for their stock in the NFL draft.

Since86
11-20-2008, 11:28 AM
Great game it was!!!

CMU controlled everything, but the scoreboard. I thought our defense did a poor job tackling, and thought our DBs did a horrible job while the ball was in air, but they managed to get the stops when they really needed it.

I think Nate showed why he is a great NFL prospect. He can make the most difficult throws look easy, and just put the ball on point. I've not seen many QBs be able to roll left and throw downfield the way he does. He also showed the ability to get out in open space, and while not be a turf burner, but a capable enough runner with his size to get the yardage.

We got two gracious spots from the officials, but how in the world they over turned the first INT is beyond me.

Jonathan
11-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Key Games for the week of 11/22

OK vs Tex Tech
OK is favored. Tech can prove they can win on the road if they get this victory. Bradford vs Harrell.

Utah vs BYU
The winner of this game may get BCS considerations.

Penn St vs Mich St
Penn St wins and gets the big ten title.

FSU vs Maryland & NC vs NC STATE
The ACC is crazy this year.

Purdue vs IU
A battle of big ten power houses Saturday in West Lafayette.

ilive4sports
11-21-2008, 02:51 PM
I think we close the regular season out on a high note. I think we need to really establish our run game tomorrow as it will be in the 20s and snowing. Use the run game and then go deep. I think we can stop Ringer. We shut down Beanie Wells at OSU.

If you would have told me in the beginning of the year that we would go 11-1, win the Big Ten, and go to the Rose Bowl I would have been very happy with that, and I still am going to be. Its too bad that this is the last game of the year I will be going to. Im going to miss it for the 9 months im without it.

LG33
11-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Key Games for the week of 11/22

OK vs Tex Tech
OK is favored. Tech can prove they can win on the road if they get this victory. Bradford vs Harrell.

Utah vs BYU
The winner of this game may get BCS considerations.

Penn St vs Mich St
Penn St wins and gets the big ten title.

FSU vs Maryland & NC vs NC STATE
The ACC is crazy this year.

Purdue vs IU
A battle of big ten power houses Saturday in West Lafayette.

Don't forget BC vs. Wake!

Shade
11-22-2008, 06:55 PM
If Bill Lynch isn't gone by the end of the week, something is seriously wrong.

LG33
11-22-2008, 09:56 PM
That was a miraculous win. I don't think we'll have enough left for Maryland on Friday, but they've been up and down all season (according to the Express) so we'll see.

grace
11-22-2008, 11:26 PM
If Bill Lynch isn't gone by the end of the week, something is seriously wrong.

We could start a pool on who will be gone first: Bill Lynch or Linn Dunn.

Trader Joe
11-23-2008, 03:08 AM
So Notre Dame was gonna go 9-3 right? I don't think so.

Jonathan
11-24-2008, 11:08 AM
So Notre Dame was gonna go 9-3 right? I don't think so.

I felt that they should have went 9-3. No excuse for to be 6-5 right now. Charlie Weis should be fired and forced to take a greyhound bus after USC beats them this Saturday. I do not care how much money they invested in him, He is as bad as hire as Isiah Thomas was for the Knicks.

ilive4sports
11-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Great way to end the regular season. Great way to send off the seniors. Seeing Lawlor, Williams, Butler all get touchdowns (Butler had 3) was great. I was hoping Norwood would have gotten would one, but he still had a great game with 5 catches and 100+ yards. Then Sargeant and Scirroto both got ints. It really was great to see the seniors have such good games. Clark had his best game ever too.

It was freezing out. My feet went completely numb during the game. Oh and JoePa already had his surgery and will be back next season.

Lets cap this season off with a Rose Bowl win.

Since86
11-25-2008, 10:13 AM
BSU Vs. Western Mich tonight.

BSU wins, first MAC championship in 10+ yrs, to go along with an undefeated season. We don't have classes tomorrow so in an effort to get the students to stay for the game, any student who goes to the game gets a free voucher to any bowl game BSU gets into! I was already planning on going so it's gravy.

WMU is a very good team. They lost to CMU on the road, but many feel like WMU has been the better team throughout the year.

Quale Lewis needs to be in full force tonight, and BJ Hill can't have the kind of game he did against CMU at the corner. WMU has a very good QB in Hiller, who threw for well over 400yds against CMU so we have to get pressure.

Jonathan
11-25-2008, 11:53 AM
That is great they are giving you a free voucher to a bowl game. I hope BSU wins. I am rooting for them. My only question for you is what MAC team is going to be Notre Dame in the motor city bowl? (CMU is my best guess)

Since86
11-25-2008, 12:00 PM
I should have checked my email before I posted. They took back the offer saying that it was a mistake, they really didn't mean to send the offer out in email in the first place. And I say bull****! They announced it at the mens basketball game sat. afternoon and one of the marketing directors talked about it on the radio.

UGH!

And I seriously doubt ND will go to the MCB. They won't want to play a team they consider under them, especially when good money says they'll lose. A bigger bowl will offer them just because they know ND has the fanbase to get to the stadium.

But yeah I expect CMU there.

Shade
11-25-2008, 04:13 PM
So, has Lynch been fired yet?

grace
11-25-2008, 05:16 PM

Check back in a year.

Shade
11-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Maybe Lynch and Dunn should swap jobs. I can't imagine either doing any worse, respectively.

LG33
11-25-2008, 11:28 PM
Congrats Ball State fans!

Shade
11-26-2008, 12:16 AM

How about now?

Big Smooth
11-26-2008, 12:40 AM
How about now?

He won't get fired. They will "convince" him to hire some new assistant coaches then give him 2009 to hang himself.

It isn't what I want.......I want him gone now just like you do. But it won't be reality IMO.

Since86
11-26-2008, 01:33 PM
What can I say? It was an amazing night, and being on that field to celebrate will be something I'll always remember.

You just can't put it into words the excitment last night.

grace
11-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Maybe Lynch and Dunn should swap jobs. I can't imagine either doing any worse, respectively.

Shade if you don't know by now it can always get worse. IU could not win any games. And if you think it couldn't get any worse than that some player could go nuts and go into the stands to beat someone up while another players walks around with a dust pan.

I've heard some people say that the state of IU is just karmic payback for gettin grid of Bill Mallory.

Shade
11-26-2008, 06:48 PM
Okay, I couldn't imagine them being much worse.

I would love to see Linn Dunn run around the court with a dustpan. Hopefully, because it means that she got demoted to janitor, and she was cleaning up the celebratory confetti from the Fever's first WNBA championship.

As for IU, Greenspan has just been an utter failure at every turn. I'm very glad to see him step down, and can't wait until we get a decent A.D. in here.