PDA

View Full Version : Lets assume Artest is gone

diego
06-16-2004, 03:20 PM
Not to start another TMAc thread, but im going to anyways. :D But want i want to know from you all is would you be satisfied with this lineup assuming we trade Ron and bender for TMAC.

Tinsley
TMac
Al
JO
Foster

Reason i ask is although i dont want to lose Ron, i would rather have AL than Bender at SF. With Al we lose no size, and as a starter would work well with TMac and JO. We would only lose some defense at that spot, because Al can still be a solid defender. I think Al could easily be a 15-17ppg and 7-9 RPG player as a starter which is about as good as Ronnie minus some defense.

Plus this still gives a solid front line size wise, although i would like to see us get bigger at Center and keep Foster as the backup. But all in all could you live with Al at SF instead of Artest.

I tend to think if Chicago is not involved in 3 way trade , then we will be keeping either Ron or Al and Bender will be the second player.

I also would not be surprised if Bird and Carlisle would liek to keep AL with JO and add TMac...i think that is better chemistry than Ron, JO, TMAC. BUT i think Ron staying makes us better if the chemistry can remain.

Suaveness
06-16-2004, 03:22 PM
Al is going to be gone. I don't see how he stays while Ron is gone. Either they both are gone or it is just Al.

diego
06-16-2004, 03:24 PM
Al is going to be gone. I don't see how he stays while Ron is gone. Either they both are gone or it is just Al.

WHY? Because he expressed desire to start. I seem to remember in ricks post season address, saying he deserves to start and will make a good starter either here or somewhere.

SO again WHY do you assume he has to be gone? Personally i think it is dumb to think both will be gone.

Suaveness
06-16-2004, 03:27 PM

WHY? Because he expressed desire to start. I seem to remember in ricks post season address, saying he deserves to start and will make a good starter either here or somewhere.

SO again WHY do you assume he has to be gone? Personally i think it is dumb to think both will be gone.

I don't know. But Orlando will want more than Ron for Tracy.

diego
06-16-2004, 03:28 PM
Right...Ron and Bender is every bit as good as Al and Bender. Not to mention we can throw in a third player or a draft pick.

Suaveness
06-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Right...Ron and Bender is every bit as good as Al and Bender. Not to mention we can throw in a third player or a draft pick.

Bender hasn't really proven himself though. Al is more proven.

Kegboy
06-16-2004, 04:00 PM
I can deal with losing Ron or Johnny. Not both. Al's gotten too big to be an effective starting 3.

MSA2CF
06-16-2004, 04:02 PM
I don't know. But Orlando will want more than Ron for Tracy.

Well, at least they know Ron will be there for a few years. We don't even know if Tracy will stay more than next year.

ROCislandWarrior
06-16-2004, 04:12 PM
If we lose Ron and Al, I will be very upset.

I would prefer to have the following lineup

Tins/AJ
Tmac/Reggie/Fred
Al/??? but TMAC can also play SF...so I could see him playing there while Fred plays SG and Al plays PF and JO at Center:o :o :o .
JO/Cro
Foster/Polly/Cro

Only thing is, it will be hard to get Fred AND Reggie Mins. But Reg is going to be done after next season, so if we lose Fred....then we have a lack of SG's.

I would like to see a lineup of the following in 2 years:

Tins
F Jones
Tmac
JO
(Al for a Big)

Ofcourse I want to keep Artest, but it seems like he is gone :cry:

sixthman
06-16-2004, 04:27 PM

If there is a T-Mac trade I think those are the two Pacers who the Magic will demand. I would look for a three-way trade, if T-Mac winds up headed our way.

Suaveness
06-16-2004, 04:29 PM
I would look for a three-way trade, if T-Mac winds up headed our way.

That is what I was thinking...it may help us save Ron.

ROCislandWarrior
06-16-2004, 04:29 PM

If there is a T-Mac trade I think those are the two Pacers who the Magic will demand. I would look for a three-way trade, if T-Mac winds up headed our way.

Lets say we do lose Ron and Al. Do you think Rick would still start Reggie at the 2, or would he put Fred there?

ChicagoJ
06-16-2004, 04:35 PM

Lets say we do lose Ron and Al. Do you think Rick would still start Reggie at the 2, or would he put Fred there?

Multiple trades - Al would not go to Orlando and we'd get another SG (something along the lines of Mobley - an upgrade over Reggie but just an above-average, true SG).

Will Galen
06-16-2004, 04:37 PM

Rick has said he thinks Reggie would probably start. Donnie has said Reggie's replacement is not on the roster.

I think the depth chart would look this way if we lost both AL & Ron.

JO/Cro
Bender/TMac
Foster/JO/29th pick.
TMac/Reggie
Tinsley/Johnson/Brewer

Unclebuck
06-16-2004, 11:08 PM
I made a point several days ago that Al becomes more of a power forwad each and every year. He gains weight, not because he is not in great shpae, but that is just his body type.

Al also did not play well with Jeff and J.O on the floor.

diego back to your original question. I don't like that lineup. Who is going to guard the smaller and quicker shooting guards or even the smaller and quicker small forwards, Al cannot do it anymore and we don't want Tracy to do it either

As I saiud in another thread, rtrding Rona nd Jon for T-Mac solves nothing because I don't think AL will start, unless they move Jeff to the bench and start AL at PF, Mcgrady at SF

ChicagoJ
06-16-2004, 11:12 PM
Just to point out there is some similar content in this thread:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4329

Bball
06-17-2004, 02:09 AM
Al does NOT get bigger every year. I don't know where you're getting that but Al is very noticably LESS muscular than 3 years ago, before the injury.. Again, where are you getting this idea that's he's getting bigger??

He looks bigger... and not necessarily more muscular.... to me .

-Bball

Unclebuck
06-17-2004, 09:30 AM
I made a point several days ago that Al becomes more of a power forwad each and every year. He gains weight, not because he is not in great shpae, but that is just his body type.

Al also did not play well with Jeff and J.O on the floor.

diego back to your original question. I don't like that lineup. Who is going to guard the smaller and quicker shooting guards or even the smaller and quicker small forwards, Al cannot do it anymore and we don't want Tracy to do it either

As I saiud in another thread, rtrding Rona nd Jon for T-Mac solves nothing because I don't think AL will start, unless they move Jeff to the bench and start AL at PF, Mcgrady at SF

I already responded to the original thread. But in case you didn't see it, ;)
Al does NOT get bigger every year. I don't know where you're getting that but Al is very noticably LESS muscular than 3 years ago, before the injury.. Again, where are you getting this idea that's he's getting bigger??
Yeh, Al doesn't play well with Jermaine on the floor, guess that's why he finished most games................. :rolleyes:
Or maybe Jermaine was sitting those closing minutes???????? :unimpressed:
Al's compatability problems stemmed from his POST SCORING ROLE on the 2nd team, ( a role he filled very well), and a complimentary option on the 1st squad, with the need to stay out of Jermaine's way.
I have absolutely no doubt that if he spent all his minutes playing with those guys, he would fit in very well.
You'll see. :idea:

Sorry about all the typos.

I guess we disagree then.

I wodner if there is a way to count the number of close games that AL was on the floor vs Foster. AL likely was on the floor more often, but as the season went along, AL was on the floor less and less at crunch time.

I fear AL guarding players like Lebron, Mello, he has very little chance to do a good job against those guys