PDA

View Full Version : If Your Having a Heart Attack, Post Here

ROCislandWarrior
06-16-2004, 01:45 PM
Tghats Rihgt if Your Havnig a HJeart Attakc over the Thuoght of gettign Tmac...Post HrER!!!

I just woke up and read all this talk about Tmac becoming a Pacer.
My heart is racing. I am giggling like a little school girl. If we do lose Artest, we DO NOT become the Lakers East. Why? Because we have a better overall team then the Lakers. We have guys with defined roles.

Jtins - Knows his job and is going to do it very very very well next year with Tmac AND JO

Tmac- Will know his Job. Shoot the 3 ball, Create for others, Defend (I am sure everyone will let him know about that)

Al - Would be a starter, but he would still be the 3rd option. Maybe him starting and playing the SF position will cure the "Playoff Al" Syndrome?

JO - Would be saying "THANK YOU DW AND LB" for getting Tmac. I am not even going to explain this one, because if you don't know, you obviously are not a Pacer fan.

Jeff - Rebound and Defend. Rebound and Defend.

Bench - We would lose some guys for the filler, but idk who. either way Fred or Bender (maybe both) are gone. Hopefully we could sign a good FA to fill the void.

The lakers don't have a PG like Tins, or a SF like Al. The Lakers don't have a big man like Jeff. They got beat because Det klobbered them in the Hustle department. IDK about you guys, but a team of Tmac, JO, Al and Foster is pretty athletic. Plus some solid Bench Players.

So who else has had a Heart attack today?

Hicks
06-16-2004, 02:21 PM
I was having a heart attack last night as I went to bed, because I read this stuff last night. It is pretty exciting.

Suaveness
06-16-2004, 02:22 PM
I'm having a heart attack trying to defend Ron :laugh:

Unclebuck
06-16-2004, 02:25 PM

So am I although now it is more heartburn

LAPacer
06-16-2004, 02:39 PM
:fingerscrossed:

Bball
06-16-2004, 03:23 PM

It would be easier for you if Ron would just shape up and quit doing one dumb thing right after another.

Of course keep in mind I am doubting he really had migraines so I am letting that skew my judgement some as I think of his past actions.

-Bball

Snickers
06-16-2004, 03:27 PM
I didn't get to sleep until 4am, and when I did, I had endless dreams about Jamaal tossing alley-oops to JO and Tmac and Tracy hoisting the big gold ball in a pinstriped #1 jersey.... then when I woke up, I had to change my shorts. :blush:

able
06-16-2004, 03:32 PM
I didn't get to sleep until 4am, and when I did, I had endless dreams about Jamaal tossing alley-oops to JO and Tmac and Tracy hoisting the big gold ball in a pinstriped #1 jersey.... then when I woke up, I had to change my shorts. :blush:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :jump:

indygeezer
06-16-2004, 03:42 PM
I never believed the migrane story...I accepted it, but didn't believe it. The snipeing, the erratic play, the missed flights, the "troubles at home", and now blowing off a meeting with BIRD???

I guess if the Lakers can forgive Kobe then we can forgive Ron, but I gotta be convinced.

ROCislandWarrior
06-16-2004, 04:02 PM
I never believed the migrane story...I accepted it, but didn't believe it. The snipeing, the erratic play, the missed flights, the "troubles at home", and now blowing off a meeting with BIRD???

I guess if the Lakers can forgive Kobe then we can forgive Ron, but I gotta be convinced.

Let me put it this way,

None of us know exactly what is going on with Ron Artest.
The only thing we can do is hope that the front office (DW and LB) will make the right decision about trading/or not trading Ron.

If Ron does indeed go this offseason, I will have confidence that DW ad LB made the right choice.

BUT

If Ron is a Pacer next year, I will have confidence that DW and LB made the right choice.

Whatever happens, it is in the hands of LB and DW... No Doubt in my mind they make the right choice.

Kegboy
06-16-2004, 04:06 PM

Me too, and I'm being serious. I fell asleep around 4, and I had a dream where I was discussing lineups and matchups with Carlisle. All I remember is alot of it centered around what Al brings to the table and the pluses and minuses of losing him. It was pretty even handed. I have to hand it to Rick, he knew his stuff. :D

[edit]As for the thread topic, I was in need of riddlin after last night. After I read Kravitz' article this morning, I needed an adreneline shot. :dead:

Kegboy
06-16-2004, 04:10 PM
I had a dream where I was discussing lineups and matchups with Carlisle...I have to hand it to Rick, he knew his stuff. :D

I just re-read that. I'm gonna have to put that in my campaign commercial when it comes time for the arm-chair coach vote. :p

sixthman
06-16-2004, 04:11 PM
If I were Orlando I would want both Ron and Al in the trade. They have the most value. But, maybe not to keep, but to trade to fill a need.

I don't think Orlando would see Ron as their shooting guard of the future, anymore than we apparently do. Ron is best used as a small forward.

Additionally, the Magic have plenty of power forwards, especially after the draft. So Al would probably still not be a starter in Orlando, if he and Ron went to Orlando in a McGrady deal.

If I were the Magic I'd have the Pacers shop either Ron or Al or both and see what the market would bring.

Will Galen
06-16-2004, 04:15 PM

Just so you know, I've been agreeing with your pointed prose.

ROCislandWarrior
06-16-2004, 04:16 PM
If I were Orlando I would want both Ron and Al in the trade. They have the most value. But, maybe not to keep, but to trade to fill a need.

I don't think Orlando would see Ron as their shooting guard of the future, anymore than we apparently do. Ron is best used as a small forward.

Additionally, the Magic have plenty of power forwards, especially after the draft. So Al would probably still not be a starter in Orlando, if he and Ron went to Orlando in a McGrady deal.

If I were the Magic I'd have the Pacers shop either Ron or Al or both and see what the market would bring.

Good Point.

I think this points to the Fact it is going to be Ron and not Al being traded.

Al wants to start, if we trade him and Ron, well Al is still a backup.
But if we trade Ron and keep Al, he starts.

I really don't want to see Freddy go in this trade unless it is a combo of Fred and Al. No way do we trade Fred and Artest. Those guys = Perimeter Defense.

Suaveness
06-16-2004, 04:16 PM

Just so you know, I've been agreeing with your pointed prose.

Yes. Thank you :D

Mourning
06-16-2004, 05:23 PM

Me too. Sort of slooooooowly "accepting" (sort of) IT :pray:

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Mourning
06-16-2004, 05:26 PM
ROC:
I really don't want to see Freddy go in this trade unless it is a combo of Fred and Al. No way do we trade Fred and Artest. Those guys = Perimeter Defense.

:thumbsup:

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

JOneal7
06-16-2004, 05:31 PM
Me! lol..i'm excited! Because T-mac is my favorite player along with JO and for my fav player on 1 of my fav teams to team with my other fav player with my other fav team (seems complicating huh? lol) Is awesome! I'm going to have difficulty picking which jerseys i wear next year! Maybe i'll rotate...Tmac home,Jo Away,Tmac Away, Jo Home...etc
then the throwbacks and all that, lol

MagicRat
06-16-2004, 05:34 PM
Can we get Kenny "The Jet" Smith to come online and fix the title of this thread?...... :P

Snickers
06-16-2004, 05:36 PM
Can we get Kenny "The Jet" Smith to come online and fix the title of this thread?...... :P

Normally I'd agree, but the guy was having a heart attack when he typed that.... :D

ChicagoJ
06-16-2004, 05:39 PM

Again,

:dancingbavetta:

ROCislandWarrior
06-16-2004, 06:09 PM

Normally I'd agree, but the guy was having a heart attack when he typed that.... :D

Exactly! :P

beast23
06-16-2004, 06:10 PM
It is kind of nice, thinking that we might be in the running for T-Mac.

A lot of proposed trades have emerged
Al or Ron + Bender + ??
Al + Ron

But T-Mac makes $14.6M, so there is a wide margin to play with. Something like $12.5M to $16.5M. So what if Orlando really demanded quite a bit. Let's say:

Al + Bender + Foster + Tinsley for T-Mac and garbage.

What then?

What are the limits?

ROCislandWarrior
06-16-2004, 06:16 PM
It is kind of nice, thinking that we might be in the running for T-Mac.

A lot of proposed trades have emerged
Al or Ron + Bender + ??
Al + Ron

But T-Mac makes $14.6M, so there is a wide margin to play with. Something like $12.5M to $16.5M. So what if Orlando really demanded quite a bit. Let's say:

Al + Bender + Foster + Tinsley for T-Mac and garbage.

What then?

What are the limits?

The limits are:

either Ron or/and Al must be the base player.

if Ron goes, Fred stays
if Ron and Al go, then everyone else stays
if Al goes but ron stays, then and ONLY then can Fred leave

Bender may or may not go, who cares
No way will Cro go, plus if Al goes, we are going to need Cro.

TheSauceMaster
06-16-2004, 08:02 PM
Sorry I just don't buy it that Ron was faking migranes , especailly after he had his surgery and was shooting in practice 72 hours after his surgery and how many other players would have came back so quickly from such a surgery and took a risk like Ron did ?

BillS
06-16-2004, 08:07 PM
Sorry I just don't buy it that Ron was faking migranes , especailly after he had his surgery and was shooting in practice 72 hours after his surgery and how many other players would have came back so quickly from such a surgery and took a risk like Ron did ?

I absolutely agree. It is quite possible that Ron is on migraine meds, which knock you out if you take them before the migraine really hits, then once you come to things are bearable.

That would actually make it hard for him to practice (he'd have to choose not to take the migraine meds) and be effective for the game (migraine in full swing since meds weren't taken).

It's what makes it a good excuse, but I agree with Sauce.

ChicagoJ
06-16-2004, 09:46 PM

You may not buy it and that's fine, but that rumor followed him to Indy from Chicago. It was considered common knowledge up here that he'd claim an injury and skip practice every time he was upset with Floyd, Cartwritght or Krause.

Unclebuck
06-16-2004, 11:19 PM
The only comment I want to make in this thread, is every time I read the title of this thread I laugh

Suaveness
06-17-2004, 12:30 AM
The only comment I want to make in this thread, is every time I read the title of this thread I laugh

Just don't have a heart attack ;)

And i think it's funny how people question a guy if he has a migraine.