PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson wants to legally change his last name to "Ocho Cinco"

Basketball Fan
08-13-2008, 11:08 PM
Well it could be worse he could try and change it to "Seis Nueve"

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Chad-Johnson-really-wants-Ocho-Cinco-on-his-je?urn=nfl,100528

Chad Johnson really wants 'Ocho Cinco' on his jersey
By MJD
And since the NFL won't be adopting an XFL-like "Wear whatever you want on the back of your jersey" policy anytime soon, Chad's got two options: 1) Wear "Ocho Cinco" on the back of his jersey and pay massive fines every time he does it, or 2) actually have his name legally changed to "Ocho Cinco."

According to Pro Football Talk, Chad has "taken the first steps in the state of Florida toward legally changing his last name to Ocho Cinco."

I don't know what to tell you here. This isn't a normal guy. Maybe that's good, maybe that's bad ... I'm in no position to judge. As I've said before, I believe that Chad just likes to make noise with his mouth, and has little or no concern for the meaning of the words that might come out of it (and here's more bizarre evidence of that).

If the name change did actually happen, I don't know if I could bring myself to actually call him Ocho Cinco. On one hand, people have the right to be called whatever they want, but on the other hand, I don't feel like I'm doing Chad Johnson any favors by indulging his megalomaniacal whims.

You know, If your child comes to you one day and says, "Daddy, I want to be called 'Xontar, the Andromeda Galaxy's Prince of Pounding Spaghetti-O's'," I don't think it's in the best interests of the child if you enroll him in school as "Xontar, the Andromeda Galaxy's Prince of Pounding Spaghetti-O's."

He's a kid. It's a phase. And I'm not sure that we're dealing with any greater emotional capacity here with Chad.

Trader Joe
08-13-2008, 11:14 PM
Ron Artest and Chad Johnson should psycho-analyze each other.

SoupIsGood
08-13-2008, 11:29 PM
That's awesome.

ChicagoJ
08-13-2008, 11:55 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Chad Johnson is right where he belongs - running his mouth and goofing up a Divisional rival. Keeps me entertained.

If only he were in Cleveland...

:chin:

(More importantly: if only Ron Artest had stayed in Chicago, I might have found him entertaining as well.)

travmil
08-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Ron Artest and Chad Johnson should psycho-analyze each other.

That would create a black hole of crazy and swallow the earth in the process.

CompACE
08-14-2008, 10:12 AM
Technically, he should change it to "ochenta y cinco" because that's 85. "Ocho cinco" is the numbers 8 and 5. I guess the latter has a better ring to it.

Jonathan
08-14-2008, 10:27 AM
This article has nothing to do with Football. I think Chad should be out recruiting quality offensive lineman so Palmer has enough time to throw him the deep ball.

Pacers
08-14-2008, 02:28 PM
Epic.

It will be even better if he's traded to a team where he can't wear 85.

travmil
08-14-2008, 05:14 PM
He could always quit football and swim, since he told PTI he can beat Phelps.

Trader Joe
08-14-2008, 06:52 PM
I hope he does this just so no one will ever take him seriously again. The guy isn't a football player, he is a clown.

BoomBaby31
08-14-2008, 10:30 PM
He could always quit football and swim, since he told PTI he can beat Phelps.

Him and many other of his home town friends, since they never got a chance. :rolleyes:

jeffg-body
08-14-2008, 11:39 PM
He should change it to "give me the darn ball" at least I hope so since I drafted him in my fantasy leage to go along with Hines Ward and Reggie Wayne as my other two recievers.

naptownmenace
08-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Last night on the news the sportscaster dubbed him "Oucho Cinco" after he supposedly injured him shoulder on a play he also coughed up the ball, leading to a turnover. The other newscasters burst into laughter.

It was both funny and a little weird.

Big Smooth
08-18-2008, 11:11 PM
Chad's boo boo from the Lions game has apparently triggered the return of........CHRIS HENRY!!! TA DA!!! :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3541693&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines