PDA

View Full Version : DSL Problems since the Olympics started

Twes
08-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Has anyone else had DSL problems in the last week or so?

I sure have.

I'm not sure how to attack it.

DisplacedKnick
08-12-2008, 08:13 AM
Has anyone else had DSL problems in the last week or so?

I sure have.

I'm not sure how to attack it.

First, cancel your Naked News Live feed. Then get back to us.

Twes
08-12-2008, 09:08 AM
I believe we did have stastic on the line in the last week and we since unplugged one of the phones we suspected might have an issue.

It's odd. We've experienced a dramatic lockup of speed since the Olympics started.

Of course you think of viruses but it's more than one machine.

It's got to either be the DSL or the router/modem.

I haven't felt this kind of cold sweat since the dial up days and this is far worse.

Agonizing.

Spicoli
08-12-2008, 09:23 AM
Back when I had DSL, I once had a problem where my speed for whatever reason just dropped almost down to dial-up speeds.

Anyway, I called the AT&T Yahoo people . . . make sure to call the tech department, not the CSR's . . . and they were able to run some tests on their end and figured out the problem. I don't have any clue what the problem was, but they sent someone out the next morning and fixed it in like 9 seconds. It was a problem on their end on some connections coming into the house I think.

You may also try unplugging all of your phones and seeing if that helps any.

Twes
08-12-2008, 09:29 AM
Back when I had DSL, I once had a problem where my speed for whatever reason just dropped almost down to dial-up speeds.

Anyway, I called the AT&T Yahoo people . . . make sure to call the tech department, not the CSR's . . . and they were able to run some tests on their end and figured out the problem. I don't have any clue what the problem was, but they sent someone out the next morning and fixed it in like 9 seconds. It was a problem on their end on some connections coming into the house I think.

You may also try unplugging all of your phones and seeing if that helps any.

I think it's in the line but you're right, I want to do anything I can do to test before hand so they don't stick it to me if they have to send a guy out.

I'm going to unplug phones and reset the modem/router tonight.

I swear to God it's slower than dial up.

I don't know if I can be held responsible for my actions until this thing gets fixed. :D

Spicoli
08-12-2008, 09:47 AM
If the problem is outside the house, you shouldn't have to pay anything. I guess it could be a router crapping out too.

DisplacedKnick
08-12-2008, 09:56 AM
I think it's in the line but you're right, I want to do anything I can do to test before hand so they don't stick it to me if they have to send a guy out.

I'm going to unplug phones and reset the modem/router tonight.

I swear to God it's slower than dial up.

I don't know if I can be held responsible for my actions until this thing gets fixed. :D

There should be a box outside your house. You can test it by opening it, disconnecting the connection to your house, plugging your computer into it and giving it a shot.

Lot easier with a laptop - or really long cord.

Trader Joe
08-12-2008, 10:48 AM
The invasion has started.

Spicoli
08-12-2008, 10:52 AM
Yes. It has been tentatively called The Drifters' Revenge.

DisplacedKnick
08-12-2008, 10:58 AM
I figured the White Noise spooks found out that fiberoptic is a more comfy way to travel.

Twes
08-12-2008, 01:55 PM
What I wanted you guys to say is that you are all having the same problems caused by 300 million people with live feeds from China.

SInce you didn't I have to assume it may be just me.

I hate it when that happens.

Twes
08-13-2008, 07:39 AM
Resetting the modem/router worked like a charm.

Whew.

Man that was a close one.

Spicoli
08-13-2008, 09:25 AM
You may have won this round, but the drifters will never stop

Twes
08-13-2008, 12:06 PM
You may have won this round, but the drifters will never stop

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/bgamble/hitchhiker_opt.jpg

Spicoli
08-13-2008, 02:04 PM
http://www.rirwin.com/images/shotgun-no5.JPG

:hungry:

Twes
08-13-2008, 02:11 PM
http://www.silvercity.org/images/bbq1.jpg

Spicoli
08-13-2008, 02:20 PM
http://www.noveltp.com/gallery/images/bite_me_toilet_300.jpg

Spicoli
08-14-2008, 01:38 PM
That red X is awesome.

:alcohol:

Twes
08-14-2008, 02:19 PM
That red X is awesome.

:alcohol:

I keep posting pictures but when I come back they have been deleted or some $^*%.

:crazy: