PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE about my job,no longer moving to Portland..

Brian
08-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Well they (my companies HR office) Decided to move me down to Cincinnati instead of moving me out to Portland.Which is kinda bittersweet,The bitter being that its Cincinnati,The sweet being that im only a few hours from my parents.

Anyone on here from around the cincinnati area?,Maybe we could go to a bw3's and watch a pacer game sometime this season.

Los Angeles
08-10-2008, 08:35 PM
Damn.

Don't worry, Portland will still be there for a while. :)

Brian
08-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Damn.

Don't worry, Portland will still be there for a while. :)

Yeah,Im a little dissapointed.But on the upside ill only have to be in cincinnati for a year or so,then I can take another job on the west coast and not have to take it in a huge city like portland.

But I will get out to LA at some point,I already told my fiancee that we will drive into LA blasting "welcome to the jungle"

Los Angeles
08-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Yeah,Im a little dissapointed.But on the upside ill only have to be in cincinnati for a year or so,then I can take another job on the west coast and not have to take it in a huge city like portland.

But I will get out to LA at some point,I already told my fiancee that we will drive into LA blasting "welcome to the jungle"

Nice!

If you do come out here, look me up. My place is 4 blocks from Venice Beach, there's lots to do and see.

Unclebuck
08-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Cincy is a very nice town - I think you'll love it. My brother and his family lived there for many years and I grew up going to Reds games and listening to AM 700 WLW - so I feel I know Cincy rather well.

here is a good website that might help

http://www.city-data.com/forum/cincinnati/

avoidingtheclowns
08-11-2008, 03:28 PM
anthem lives in cincy, no?

Brian
08-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Nice!

If you do come out here, look me up. My place is 4 blocks from Venice Beach, there's lots to do and see.

I will

Brian
08-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Cincy is a very nice town - I think you'll love it. My brother and his family lived there for many years and I grew up going to Reds games and listening to AM 700 WLW - so I feel I know Cincy rather well.

here is a good website that might help

http://www.city-data.com/forum/cincinnati/

Thanks buck!,Im looking at that forum right now.

Unclebuck
08-12-2008, 08:57 AM
Brian a year ago, I had a job interview in Northern KY and I almost moved there. I was seriously looking into moving to Northern KY. (the job just wasn't right) but I liked the area - there are some really nice parts of Northern KY and taxes are lower than in Cincy. Not sure where your office is going to be but if it is in downtown Cincy - you should look into Northern KY