Hicks
06-16-2004, 11:49 AM
Enjoy:

Right click, save as. Approx. 152MB

http://www.pacersdigest.com/pistons2004nbachamps.wmv

Suaveness
06-16-2004, 03:28 PM
I wanted to ask pistons fans something.

I know this has nothign to do with the game, and everything to do with Orlando.

I ask you this. Would you trade Ron for Tracy? Do you think it is worth it and will put Indiana over Detroit.?

Kstat
06-16-2004, 03:31 PM
That would be a VERY tough offer, but I'd most likely pull the trigger.

Suaveness
06-16-2004, 03:32 PM

Even with the loss on the defensive side?

Kstat
06-16-2004, 03:33 PM

Thats what would make me think twice. But lets face it, McGrady will have a bigger impact in the playoffs than Artest. The team would be worse in the reg. season, but better in may.

Suaveness
06-16-2004, 03:36 PM

Thats what would make me think twice. But lets face it, McGrady will have a bigger impact in the playoffs than Artest. The team would be worse in the reg. season, but better in may.

How would that be though. Because isn't the defense more important than scoring? I mean, this is why teams like Dallas and sacramento don't win. Defense, as proven by detroit, wins titles.

Kstat
06-16-2004, 03:40 PM

How would that be though. Because isn't the defense more important than scoring? I mean, this is why teams like Dallas and sacramento don't win. Defense, as proven by detroit, wins titles.

Because if there's something I've learned watching TMac and ARtest in the playoffs, its that TMac can create his own offense and Ron cant. Ron on a championship club is a #3 scorer. He should be getting the open shots and garbage points, but he should NOT be the guy creating offense for everyone else.

TMac is the 2nd-best scorer in the NBA after Kobe. The Pacers would cimply be a lethal team with JO and TMac. They'd lose defense sure, but TMac is the offensive equivelant of Ron's defense.

I guess it all depends on how much faith you have in ron calming himself down and getting in a guy who can carry the perimeter scoring load instead of artest.

PistonsDynasty
06-16-2004, 03:50 PM
I wanted to ask pistons fans something.

I know this has nothign to do with the game, and everything to do with Orlando.

I ask you this. Would you trade Ron for Tracy? Do you think it is worth it and will put Indiana over Detroit.?

LOL, either way. Tayshaun is capable of locking them both down. But T-Mac lacks the defense on Ron and I consider T-Mac a non-team player. He's going to have some problems with a few guys maily the coach. :neutral:

canyoufeelit
06-16-2004, 03:52 PM
Indiana is an excellent defensive team with or without Ron... Hell, maybe Carlisle can get Tracy to get his act together.

What would the starting lineup be like? Al and JO at SF and PF? Tracy at SG? Or do we go a little smaller and go with JO at center, Al at PF, Tracy at SF, Fred Jones/Reg at SG?

Kstat
06-16-2004, 03:53 PM
Indiana is an excellent defensive team with or without Ron... Hell, maybe Carlisle can get Tracy to get his act together.

What would the starting lineup be like? Al and JO at SF and PF? Tracy at SG? Or do we go a little smaller and go with JO at center, Al at PF, Tracy at SG, Fred Jones/Reg at SG?

Indiana would not be an excellent defensive team without ron artest. No way.

However, they could become an excellent OFFENSIVE team, and still would be above-average defensively.

Suaveness
06-16-2004, 03:55 PM

What would the starting lineup be like? Al and JO at SF and PF? Tracy at SG? Or do we go a little smaller and go with JO at center, Al at PF, Tracy at SG, Fred Jones/Reg at SG?

Indiana would not be an excellent defensive team without ron artest. No way.

However, they could become an excellent OFFENSIVE team, and still would be above-average defensively.

Exactly. Our defense would not be as good. Which makes me think Ron is more valuable than Tracy.

I think defense is more reliable than offense in the playoffs.

Hicks
06-16-2004, 04:07 PM
Our team defense would be just fine. Not as good, but easily good enough IMO. Now, that could change, but as of now I'm convinced it'd still be good enough to win the title.

canyoufeelit
06-16-2004, 04:11 PM
Look, here's one point I want to make: Ron Artest is great for stopping Paul Pierce. He can really disrupt Caron Butler's game. But does he really stop the key guys on the upper-level teams we want to compete with, like San Antonio, Minnesota, LA, Sacramento, NJ and Det? Ron's defense is great for the regular season but methinks we are overrating its value in the postseason where the competition gets tougher. An inside/outside approach with T-Mac and JO would be a very good one-two punch outside of Shaq and Kobe and as long as we've got the big man to defend the basket our defense won't be too bad.

Besides, Carlisle is all about teaching defense... let's say T-Mac really buys into the system and fulfills his potential. And on the other side of the coin, if we're going to run mainly isolation plays on offense, who else is better at creating than T-Mac? (As long as he isn't chucking threes like he was this season anyway)