PDA

View Full Version : Well...What do you think of the NBA now?

Mr. Pink
06-16-2004, 10:01 AM
Do you still think the Lakers have the refs in their pocket?

Does David Stern still favor the Lakers on everything?

Did the falling of the Lakers turn the NBA into a new direction?

What do you all think?

Sactolover

BillS
06-16-2004, 10:12 AM
Let's just say that I HOPE that the success of the Pistons without hugely marketed superstars, the strength of the ratings for the Pistons/Pacers series, and the backlash against the media darling Lakers and poster b***hes Shaq and Kobe causes the NBA to re-think its marketing strategy.

If they'd make it about TEAMS instead of INDIVIDUALS, it would fix almost every complaint about the league.

No more superstar calls
No more "flavor of the month"
No more HS kids with potential hoping to be Mr. Hype
More local attendance because more support for every team rather than just a few guys on a few teams

Yes, I have a dream. But this win means that maybe, just maybe, part of that dream can come true.

Everyone, all together! "Kum ba ya, my Lord, Kum ba ya ..." bulletproof, you're not singing! "Kum ba ya, my Lord, Kum ba ya ..."

ABADays
06-16-2004, 04:58 PM
The NBA still had what it wanted - namely the Lakers in the Finals. That's as far as their concern goes. They don't care if they win.

Doug
06-16-2004, 05:35 PM
Let's just say that I HOPE that the success of the Pistons without hugely marketed superstars, the strength of the ratings for the Pistons/Pacers series, and the backlash against the media darling Lakers and poster b***hes Shaq and Kobe causes the NBA to re-think its marketing strategy.

If they'd make it about TEAMS instead of INDIVIDUALS, it would fix almost every complaint about the league.

No more superstar calls
More local attendance because more support for every team rather than just a few guys on a few teams

Yes, I have a dream. But this win means that maybe, just maybe, part of that dream can come true.

Everyone, all together! "Kum ba ya, my Lord, Kum ba ya ..." bulletproof, you're not singing! "Kum ba ya, my Lord, Kum ba ya ..."

Ok. Next verse. Here we go.

Someone's dunking Lord, Kum ba ya...

BillS
06-16-2004, 05:37 PM

No more superstar calls

Ok. Next verse. Here we go.

Someone's dunking Lord, Kum ba ya...

Hold hands, c'mon now, sing it out "Someone's dunking, Lord, Kum ba ya ..."

Will Galen
06-16-2004, 05:54 PM

Bulletspoof is busy auguring with Larry Bird about who's in charge of Pacer personnel. :P :P :P :P