PDA

View Full Version : Favre to Tampa Bay

Slick Pinkham
08-05-2008, 05:46 PM
so says saveBrett.net, a site that has apparently broken other parts of this saga:

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/05/thompson-favre-talking-trade-possibilities.aspx

http://savebrett.net/home/brett-favre-traded-to-tampa-bay.html

Shade
08-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Well, at least he's staying with a Bay. :shrug:

DrBadd01
08-05-2008, 06:03 PM
I guess New York wanted to go into the season with Pennington and Clemens. . . . . . . :(

Hicks
08-05-2008, 06:11 PM
My head's been spinning with this whole thing. I could have sworn I read a headline over the weekend saying he was taking Green Bay's "buyout" to stay home. Then I see on ESPN Monday he's reporting to Packer camp. Now he's being traded to Tampa Bay?

Shade
08-05-2008, 06:42 PM
The Packers have never stopped trying to trade him. They never wanted him back. Tampa Bay kind of came out of left field, though; word was they were trying to work a deal with the Vikings.

Coop
08-05-2008, 07:04 PM
He should have just stayed retired. Don't retire if you aren't sure its what you want.

Just seems like a lot of unnecessary drama.

Slick Pinkham
08-06-2008, 08:58 AM
I know I'm in the minority on this, but I think that Favre's season last year was abnormally good. Before last year, Green Bay was talking about maybe moving on to Aaron Rogers for PERFORMANCE reasons.

Then all of the summer of 2007, as part of the agreement for him to come back, they convinced Brett to work harder than ever, get in the best condition of his life, etc. and a combination of this hyper-preparedness and probably some luck made him have arguably the best season of his career last year. People seem to think that last year was Brett Favre being Brett Favre, where i think it was Brett Favre rediscovering for a short time what he could do consistently 10 years ago.

After taking the summer off, I would expect his upcoming season to be more like the ones 2, 3, 4 years ago ESPECIALLY with a new team, new system, etc.

I really don't expect Favre to improve Tampa much at all over what Garcia gave them.

I expect Aaron Rogers won't get Green Bay back to the NFC championship, but it had been 10 years since Favre had done that and odds are he wasn't going to get them back either.

I'd love to see Aaron Rogers succeed, but I think it would be a success to get them to the playoffs even if they lose, and h'll probably get crucified for that. Following a legend is impossible.

If they get to the Super Bowl and lose, people will gripe "I bet they'd have won it with Brett"

idioteque
08-06-2008, 11:14 PM
I don't get the idea that Brett can't "commit" to Green Bay. Commit to what exactly?

Farve seems like the drunk husband lurching around the door not sure if he wants to leave or not while Green Bay seems like the imbecile wife who can't figure out why she's mad at the husband.

TheSauceMaster
08-07-2008, 12:45 AM
I don't get the idea that Brett can't "commit" to Green Bay. Commit to what exactly?

He wasn't in agreement with the teams plans

idioteque
08-07-2008, 11:52 AM
He wasn't in agreement with the teams plans

Plans of what? I can't figure out what the hell everyone is talking about.