PDA

View Full Version : Ok, so I'm differant from everybody else....

Peck
06-16-2004, 05:23 AM
While the rest of you are glowing the aftermath of the Lakers implosion & Detroit's victory, I'm ready to hang myself.

Look no offense to the Pistons & I am glad that they brought it back to the east, but I just can't get past the nauseating feeling that with a healthy Jamaal Tinsely we could have been there.

The fact that life is a crapshoot & we may not be this close again just causes me to want to :banghead:

I had a panic attack at about 23:00 last night & was ready to trade anybody & everybody for a superstar who would bring home the title. Hell for about 1.25 seconds I even thought bringing Bryant here was a good idea. Then I came somewhat to my senses.

But then I read that Kravits article. Then I saw Donnie actually talking about bringing in a BIG name player. I thought for a min. that I went through with my idea of haning myself & had died & went to heaven. So I went to NBA.com & looked up & found out that Pollard was still on our team so I knew I wasn't dead yet or perhaps I died & went to hell.

This is a rambling post, I know, I guess I just need Pacers therapy.

Damn I'm depressed. :(

Natston
06-16-2004, 05:35 AM
It is depressing man. I just haven't felt the same since I saw the 0's hit the clock and the streamers raining down on the Pistons. It truly sucks that both of my favorite teams (Colts and Pacers) came so close but yet so far away.

Will Galen
06-16-2004, 06:00 AM
While the rest of you are glowing the aftermath of the Lakers implosion & Detroit's victory, I'm ready to hang myself.

Look no offense to the Pistons & I am glad that they brought it back to the east, but I just can't get past the nauseating feeling that with a healthy Jamaal Tinsely we could have been there.

I've been saying that with a healthy Tins and a Healthy JO we are better than Detroit. So I agree with you!

But like I said in another post, injuries are as much a part of the game as hitting shots. Simply put, Detroit was better when it counted.

indygeezer
06-16-2004, 06:21 AM
I hope Rick was watching and took notes on how to gameplan for another team. Larry Brown was masterful at taking Kobe out of the game. In doing so, Kobe took his teamates out of the game with him. Watching the camers after the game you could just see it. Kobe will not be a Laker next year and I don't think Phil will either.

DisplacedKnick
06-16-2004, 09:00 AM
The question is, if the Pacers got there, would they win?

I think they COULD win. I don't think they would.

IMO the Pistons won for a single reason - LB decided to play Shaq straight up, no matter what he did. I guess I shouldn't say single reason - they played suffocating defense, never let up, etc. But that was a huge key.

I think with the Pacers they put Artest on Kobe straight up and double Shaq. That is exactly LA's offense. That's where their role players get wide open warmup jumpers and pick you apart.

I've thought about this a lot - Larry Brown's decision to single cover Shaq is as big a reason as any that Detroit won.