PDA

View Full Version : Morgan Freeman Injured in Car Accident, In "Serious" Condition

idioteque
08-04-2008, 01:44 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080804/ap_on_en_mo/morgan_freeman

He's one of my favorite actors, period, and his narration skills are absolutely top notch. I really, really hope he pulls through.

JayRedd
08-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Horrible.

Based on the fact that there are reports that he was joking around even at the scene of the accident (told some people taking camera phone shots "No freebies"), it would seem that he's in better shape than my worst fears had assumed.

Get better quick, Redd.

Putnam
08-04-2008, 02:05 PM
"Get busy livin."

Hicks
08-04-2008, 02:05 PM
It doesn't say he was in serious condition as of 2PM. Good. I hope he's all right. Then again, I hope anybody who is in that situation is all right.

Major Cold
08-04-2008, 02:06 PM
God doesn't die.

ajbry
08-04-2008, 02:06 PM
And apparently he's sitting up and joking in the hospital as well.

However, being 71 you never know what complications there could be, so I wish him the best... He's one of the few actors I genuinely like.

Unclebuck
08-04-2008, 02:08 PM
He is one of my absolute favorites without any question.

He is the rare actor that can make a horrible movie watchable just because he is in it. And he routinely makes an excellent movie - great just because he is in it.

Just pray he is OK

Shade
08-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Horrible.

Based on the fact that there are reports that he was joking around even at the scene of the accident (told some people taking camera phone shots "No freebies"), it would seem that he's in better shape than my worst fears had assumed.

Get better quick, Redd.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything. My friend's dad had an embolism pop in his brain and his dad still joked with him all the way up until he died.

With that said, I really hope Morgan pulls through. He's one hell of an actor and seems to be a really good person as well. :pray:

Shade
08-04-2008, 02:17 PM
"Get busy livin."

Y'know, that line came to mind for some random reason this morning and I posted a variation of it in TCT, before I found out this happened. Very weird.

avoidingtheclowns
08-04-2008, 02:29 PM
do you think he was talking to himself and found his own voice too soothing to stay awake?

"i drove down that rural highway, my eyelids bouncing up and down, trying to fend off the sleep that gradually crept closer to my fortress of consciousness. soon they could defend no longer, and i found my vehicle careening through the air in a mystic arc of uncertainty"

get well soon, count dracula

Wp0-yDJAtWQ

Major Cold
08-04-2008, 02:39 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HeNxVaPVAlU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HeNxVaPVAlU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

travmil
08-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Morgan Freeman is one of my all time favorite actors. He also starred in my all time favorite movie, The Shawshank Redemption. I hope he's allright.

Unclebuck
08-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Morgan Freeman is one of my all time favorite actors. He also starred in my all time favorite movie, The Shawshank Redemption. I hope he's allright.

I love that movie, watch it about once per year and I never get tired of it - still get emotional at the end of the movie

SycamoreKen
08-04-2008, 03:19 PM
To a speedy recovery.

travmil
08-04-2008, 03:54 PM
I love that movie, watch it about once per year and I never get tired of it - still get emotional at the end of the movie

Any other year that movie comes out it sweeps the major Oscars. But instead it ran up against the machine of the very inferior Forst Gump, and didn't win any of them. OK rant over, get well Mr. Freeman.