08-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Are you ready for some football?!?!

Jonathan
08-03-2008, 07:23 PM
I am excited for this game
I can watch to see the battle of J Load vs Gray vs Sorgi

RB Keith, Hart

DL I am intrigued by C Johnson & Eric Foster

I was wondering if anybody else had any names for me to watch?

TheSauceMaster
08-03-2008, 07:36 PM
I'm ready for some real football. :laugh:

I'm not so sure this game will be very exciting. If Dungy sticks to his word , it will be mostly non starters pretty much the whole game. I'd hate to see anyone get hurt and that's a big reason I hate pre-season games.

DisplacedKnick
08-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Is Indy's B team better than Washington's B Team?

Still a chance to watch some players you won't normally see much (some never again). Plus - IT'S FOOTBALL!!!

Ownagedood
08-03-2008, 07:44 PM
IM READY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, and its only preseason...

TheSauceMaster
08-03-2008, 07:46 PM
I guess if you consider preseason "Football" :-p I consider it a time for lots of prayers. :buddies:I just hope we can have a season this year with less key injuries to players we need. I doubt the Patriots are a worse team this year.

Ownagedood
08-03-2008, 08:06 PM
of course....gotta talk about favre..

TheSauceMaster
08-03-2008, 08:22 PM
I think Sorgi so far is doing decent. Also like the action to Dallas Clark and Robinson has made a couple good ones. It seems Addai is done with a head injury already :censored: Doesn't look serious though.

Infinite MAN_force
08-03-2008, 08:32 PM
I don't know anything about this Robinson guy... I thought Tamme was supposed to fill the utecht role? Guy seems to be doing well out there.

Ownagedood
08-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Just an update for anyone not watching.. About to start the second half.. It's 13-9 Colts.

WR spot seems to be loaded, Gray looks good, except for short passes.. No Hall, Hart yet.. Rush defense has been very bad (we have no LB's and little DL).. But our pass rush has been very solid, even without Freeney and limited min. to Mathis. Howard has been VERY impressive at DE.

Ownagedood
08-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Ok.. They FINALLY put hart in.. And my boy is REPRESENTING!! His first three runs went for 19, 14 and 12.. He is blocking well too..

Hall is in too.. But hasn't done anything..

16-9 Colts.

Gamble1
08-04-2008, 12:33 AM
I don't know anything about this Robinson guy... I thought Tamme was supposed to fill the utecht role? Guy seems to be doing well out there.
There was a piece on Robinson at colts.com but he has always been projected as a run blocker more than a catcher. LOoks like he has added much needed catching skills to his game which I am glad to see.

Gamble1
08-04-2008, 12:37 AM
Ok.. They FINALLY put hart in.. And my boy is REPRESENTING!! His first three runs went for 19, 14 and 12.. He is blocking well too..

Hall is in too.. But hasn't done anything..

16-9 Colts.
Hart has already shown better catching and vision skills than Keith.

He isn't as fast but man you really get the sense that he wants to make the team bad.

waterjater
08-04-2008, 03:47 AM
Hart has already shown better catching and vision skills than Keith.

He isn't as fast but man you really get the sense that he wants to make the team bad.

I know it was against backups, but Hart looked great. Followed his blocks and got some big runs. I think he would've scored had they not started passing late in the first drive he was in. He needs to make the team!

Water

Robertmto
08-04-2008, 06:42 AM
wow that 6th round pick looked damn good ;)

Natston
08-04-2008, 09:49 AM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/T_brady_michigan_WIDE.jpg

TheSauceMaster
08-04-2008, 01:48 PM
I would like to see some more of Hart. I'd almost take him over Kenton Keith at this point, but again I need to see more and against a better Defense. I really enjoyed Quinn Gray , he was kind of fun to watch.

idioteque
08-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Colt Brennan really lit it up, albiet against a bunch of Indy scrubs.

I am a Colts fan through and through but I am really interested in watching to see if Brennan has an NFL career or not. I always liked the guy in college.

Being in the DC market I watched a lot of Skins last year and Todd Collins looked awful compared to how he played at the end of the last season. I was pretty surprised.

TheSauceMaster
08-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Well the the Colts D in the 2nd half was terrible. I mean the difference was very noticeable compared to the 1st half. I guess that's expected since it's preseason. :laugh: I would hope Colt Brennan ...lit it up :-p

Jonathan
08-04-2008, 03:10 PM
#42 on Defense looked like an excellent tackler
Brannon Condren

pwee31
08-04-2008, 10:46 PM
I thought Mike Hart looked really well. Of course we need to see more of him, but I'm hoping he beats out Kenton Keith. Addai, Rhodes and Hart gives us plenty of options.

I liked Pierre Garcon, granted he has my name, I think he can be a solid backup and good return man if needed

Lorenzen needs to go, but Gray played a solid game, I'd be ok with a Peyton, Sorgi, Gray depth chart.

I also like the Robinson guy at TE. Of course Dallas is our guy, but I thought our backup TE played solidly throughour the game.

I still wish our starting CBs stud out a little more.
I really think our Sanders and Bethea disguise our CBs fairly well.

All in all, things are looking well, as long as our starters are healthy on both sides

Robertmto
08-04-2008, 11:36 PM
Brennan was throwing to scrubs as well, so don;t say it like it was 3rd team vs. 1st

Gamble1
08-04-2008, 11:48 PM
I thought Mike Hart looked really well. Of course we need to see more of him, but I'm hoping he beats out Kenton Keith. Addai, Rhodes and Hart gives us plenty of options.

I liked Pierre Garcon, granted he has my name, I think he can be a solid backup and good return man if needed

Lorenzen needs to go, but Gray played a solid game, I'd be ok with a Peyton, Sorgi, Gray depth chart.

I also like the Robinson guy at TE. Of course Dallas is our guy, but I thought our backup TE played solidly throughour the game.

I still wish our starting CBs stud out a little more.
I really think our Sanders and Bethea disguise our CBs fairly well.

All in all, things are looking well, as long as our starters are healthy on both sides

I totally agree with your comments on Hart. Looking at his postgame comments alone reaffirms my opinion that he deserves the 3rd spot over Keith.

The line did a great job, Hart said. If you notice, every run I had, the line did a great job. There was always a hole for me to get through. Im not going to be able to get any yards if the lines not blocking. They did a great job, so they get the credit, definitely.
Hart also caught three passes for 28 yards, and Colts Head Coach Tony Dungy said Hart did what he has done throughout training camp: play solidly, consistently and productively.
Weve seen that from Mike for four years of college and weve seen it every day in practice, Dungy said. He just continues to run hard and block well and catch the ball do the things you need to get done.

Im just playing as good as I can, Hart said. Thats the only thing I can handle, is how I play on the field. I have to go out there and try not to make mistakes and do the best I can. Its up to the coaches and Mr. (Colts President Bill) Polian after that.

Gamble1
08-04-2008, 11:51 PM
Brennan was throwing to scrubs as well, so don;t say it like it was 3rd team vs. 1st
He will probably be second here with in the next year. If you look at his passes there was only one that was risky and would have been intercepted if it was thrown against our 1 string defense..

I have a feeling that a lot of teams will be kicking themselves for not picking him up.

SycamoreKen
08-04-2008, 11:53 PM
I was impressed with Hart as well. He may not be a burner, but he looked to have good balance and smooth moves. The best backs are not always the fastsdt. Oh, and that extra two yards after losing the helment was sweet. I wish the Bears had drafted him.