PDA

View Full Version : Colts Entertaining Idea of Re-Signing Morris

duke dynamite
07-31-2008, 02:26 PM
Colts open to re-signing linebacker Morris

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. – The Indianapolis Colts haven’t ruled out re-signing veteran linebacker Rob Morris.

The team’s 2000 first-round draft pick finished last season on the injured reserve list after damaging a tendon in his left knee Sept. 30 against Denver. The team terminated his contract in February.

Coach Tony Dungy said the Colts have had conversations with Morris, 33, about returning for what would be a ninth season.
“I don’t know exactly where it is to be honest,’’ Dungy said after this morning’s training camp practice at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology. “I know (president) Bill (Polian) had some conversations with him.’’

Dungy said Morris has fully recovered from the injury but apparently hasn’t decided if he wants to resume his career.

“He’s a name to keep in the back of your mind, I’ll say that,’’ Dungy said.

Regardless of Morris’ situation, the Colts likely will bring in a linebacker to reinforce the position. Only six were available for this morning’s practice.

Projected strong-side starter Tyjuan Hagler is on the physically unable to perform list with a pectoral injury, and his replacement, Clint Session, is expected to miss a week after straining a muscle in his left calf Wednesday night.

Starting middle linebacker Gary Brackett has been limited to one practice a day, then was held out of this morning’s full-squad session after apparently aggravating a hip injury Wednesday night. Brackett underwent hip surgery during the offseason and is expected to undergo tests to determine the latest problem. He watched morning practice with no apparent discomfort.

“Don’t know if he got hit or it’s just sore,’’ Dungy said.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080731/SPORTS03/80731058

I was a little surprised when we cut him. I wouldn't mind him coming back.

pizza guy
07-31-2008, 04:47 PM
I would really like to see Morris come back. He had his struggles at MLB, but I think he was one of the most underrated differences in our Super Bowl winning defense at OLB. And if for no other reason, we could use his size.

Lord Helmet
07-31-2008, 05:16 PM
Re-sign Rob, Polian!

obnoxiousmodesty
07-31-2008, 06:51 PM
I'd be happy to see Rob back. I sorta miss 'ol 94.

duke dynamite
07-31-2008, 07:24 PM
Yep.

ABADays
07-31-2008, 07:42 PM
I would love to have Morris back. First of all, he deserves it. Secondly, he would be a positive inspiration for others coming back from injuries the way he has. He's a top-notch morale guy.

cramerica
08-01-2008, 01:07 AM
Do it.

2minutes twowa
08-01-2008, 08:48 AM
Love to have him back, but I would understand if he feels it's time to hang 'em up.

Hoop
08-01-2008, 07:23 PM
I hope they bring him back, although he struggled early in his career, he was a big part of the Super Bowl team.