PDA

View Full Version : Manny to FLA

MyFavMartin
07-31-2008, 01:16 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/baseball/mlb/07/31/manny.sweepstakes/index.html?bcnn=yes

Just says he'll approve the move.

The trade is still being worked out...

JayRedd
07-31-2008, 01:55 PM
It's not happening...Died a few hours ago.

ViperVisor
07-31-2008, 02:43 PM
Bos was gonna come out nice.

Jonathan
07-31-2008, 04:09 PM
Manny is an excellent player, but last night on Baseball Tonight they had clips of him slacking while running the bases. If he is going to have a bad attitude and not play hard why have him being cancer on your team.

Since86
07-31-2008, 04:19 PM
Those clips would go back to his days in Cleveland then.

He's a 40HR, 120+RBI, who also hits above .300 . He hits in big spots and really works pitchers. He is a HUGE assett to any team, that's why they put up with him.

His offensive production in consecutive years is amazing. The man is one of the best right handed hitters in the league, and with how long he's been doing it, he's up there with the all time greats. He's well in the top 15, if not top 10.

He's going to give you bonehead plays in left, and he's going to not run out ground balls. He's going to give you effort in the box though, whether it's wearing down a pitcher til he gets what he wants, or in practice where he's going to take BP til he works out the kinks.

The Red Sox just have a weird clubhouse. The stories about Johnny Damon doing naked pullups in the middle of their lockerroom and the practical jokes they have is different from other organizations.

But it still remains the same, the type of production he gives a team gives him some leeway on running hard, or slapping a fans hand after a catch at the wall.

MyFavMartin
07-31-2008, 04:26 PM
cnnsi is saying manny to LA and details to follow.

how do i change a thread title?

JayRedd
07-31-2008, 04:27 PM
The Red Sox just have a weird clubhouse. The stories about Johnny Damon doing naked pullups in the middle of their lockerroom and the practical jokes they have is different from other organizations.

And don't forget the 28' Dominican guy who was the team mascot cheering on the Unfrozen Caveman Centerfielder while he was doing his naked calistenics.

Manny's the best hitter we've had since Ted Williams. The rest is all nonsense.

EDIT: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Since86
07-31-2008, 04:28 PM
To the Dodgers? Wow, he's gonna go play for Joe Torre?

That's interesting.

avoidingtheclowns
07-31-2008, 05:31 PM
EDIT: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

did we seriously just trade manny and two others for jd drew part deux?

ajbry
07-31-2008, 06:06 PM
Manny was the only Red Sox player I liked, mainly because we shared one thing in common - he didn't give a ***** about the Sox and neither did I.

SycamoreKen
07-31-2008, 11:25 PM
At least the Cubs didn't trade for him. Cuban will probably sign him though after he buys the team.

Since86
08-01-2008, 12:35 PM
did we seriously just trade manny and two others for jd drew part deux?

I don't understand it. Cincinnati got two players for Griffey, and Boston sends out 2 more along with Manny just to get Bay? WTF?

I hope they have some moves planned for this summer, because this roster aint gonna cut it.

Sollozzo
08-01-2008, 01:40 PM
I don't understand it. Cincinnati got two players for Griffey, and Boston sends out 2 more along with Manny just to get Bay? WTF?

I hope they have some moves planned for this summer, because this roster aint gonna cut it.

Well, that's because Bay is significantly better than either of the players that Cincy got for Griff. Masset is a 4.63 ERA relief pitcher and Richar is batting .230 with 15 RBI's. However, Bay has nearly identical production to Manram this season.

If I'm a Boston fan, I'd much rather have Bay (an all star who immediately replaces manram) than 2 boderline scrubs like Cincy got for Griffey. Bay's production this year is almost identical to Manrams. I know that he doesn't have the presence that Manny had, and probably won't come through as big in the postseason (if there is one)....but he is atleast a solid player with almost identical statistics who can immediately replace Manny in LF.

Bay has 2 more homers than Manny this year, and just 4 less RBI. Give me that any day over 2 scrubs like Cincy got.
I don't think you can complain about that, given the corner that the Red Sox were backed into. The Sox certainly aren't as dangerous a team, but they could have done far worse. And as someone who follows the Yankees, I would have much rather seen Boston get a Griffey-like deal for him.

JayRedd
08-01-2008, 02:51 PM
I know that he doesn't have the presence that Manny had, and probably won't come through as big in the postseason (if there is one)....

There won't be. Our lineup was barely holding on anyway with the dead weight of Lugo, Coco and Varitek being an automatic nine outs per game. It's a joke now. Our bullpen is worthless. We're *****ed.

Thanks, Theo, Henry and Luccino, you ****ing c**ksuckers. The only part I'm happy about is that those d**kwads still have to pay his salary.

Pathetic.

avoidingtheclowns
08-01-2008, 05:00 PM
There won't be. Our lineup was barely holding on anyway with the dead weight of Lugo, Coco and Varitek being an automatic nine outs per game. It's a joke now. Our bullpen is worthless. We're *****ed.

Thanks, Theo, Henry and Luccino, you ****ing c**ksuckers. The only part I'm happy about is that those d**kwads still have to pay his salary.

Pathetic.

co-signed.

rexnom
08-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Shades of post-AFC Championship 2007 Boston right now. Love it.

Naptown_Seth
08-02-2008, 04:30 PM
And don't forget the 28' Dominican guy who was the team mascot cheering on the Unfrozen Caveman Centerfielder while he was doing his naked calistenics.

Manny's the best hitter we've had since Ted Williams. The rest is all nonsense.

w00t :dance::happydanc

Hardy f'n har chumps. Jason Bay is no ManRam IMO. He recovered a bit from last year but he's still off the pace he started his career on. He was one guy I wondered about roids with due to his sharp drop last year.