PDA

View Full Version : You get 1 wish... what do you wish for?

Jose Slaughter
07-22-2008, 03:51 PM
The only restriction is ..... no wishing for more wishes.

Everything else is fair game.

So, how do use one wish?

Hicks
07-22-2008, 04:06 PM
1 trillion dollars in my savings account.

Can't buy you happiness, but "unlimited" wealth would open up a ton of doors for me, and I could live with that and worry about the rest at my leisure. ;)

Bball
07-22-2008, 04:49 PM
Let's see- Love or Money? The Beatles say money can't buy you love but I'd be willing to test that theory. If nothing else it'll help me pay off the divorce settlements!

-Bball

Gyron
07-22-2008, 04:50 PM
I'll one up Hicks and make that $1 Trillion and 1 and I want it TAX FREE, legally obtained.

DisplacedKnick
07-22-2008, 04:52 PM
Guaranteed spot in the Eternal Afterlife of my Choosing.

Figure if I know that's waiting for me I can put up with anything here.

JayRedd
07-22-2008, 06:28 PM
I tell you what I'd do, man...Two chicks at the same time.

MrSparko
07-22-2008, 06:42 PM
You know not all chicks care only about money.

Jose Slaughter
07-22-2008, 07:24 PM
I would wish my son success & happiness every day of his life.

Pig Nash
07-22-2008, 07:47 PM
You know not all chicks care only about money.

Office Space man.

ajbry
07-22-2008, 08:07 PM
1 trillion dollars in my savings account.

Can't buy you happiness, but "unlimited" wealth would open up a ton of doors for me, and I could live with that and worry about the rest at my leisure. ;)

Same. Not only would it secure anything you'd want for yourself and family, but there would be so many opportunities to help others. I'd start in Africa...

MrSparko
07-22-2008, 08:14 PM
No the correct reply Pig Nash would of been something more like

"well the chicks that would double up on a guy like me do"

Pig Nash
07-22-2008, 08:15 PM
i was just saying i liked that movie, sorry if i made it seem like i disapproved.

Twes
07-22-2008, 08:17 PM
I wish the Geezer would buy us all dinner at St Elmos.

btowncolt
07-22-2008, 08:22 PM
I'd wish I could make better decisions.

Erik
07-22-2008, 08:23 PM
Personally, I would wish to start over at about 5 yrs. old, but know everything that I do now. But, really how can anyone not wish to fix the world in some major way?

Natston
07-22-2008, 08:23 PM
I'd wish that the restriction for 'no wishing for more wishes' would be rescinded...

LG33
07-22-2008, 08:26 PM
If I didn't have to eat, I think I'd be pretty set.

Hicks
07-22-2008, 08:26 PM
I'd wish that the restriction for 'no wishing for more wishes' would be rescinded...

Yeah.... but then you'd already be out of wishes before you could actually wish for more wishes.

Twes
07-22-2008, 08:28 PM
I'd wish that I had nothing to wish for.

Then I wouldn't need any more wishes.

travmil
07-22-2008, 08:30 PM
I would wish for democracy and equal opportunity for every person in the world.

It's even better to wish for every person to have the ability to help themselves than it is to wish for money to help them.

duke dynamite
07-22-2008, 08:33 PM
I tell you what I'd do, man...Two chicks at the same time.
That is what you would do with a million dollars...

Natston
07-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Yeah.... but then you'd already be out of wishes before you could actually wish for more wishes.

Eh, I was just trying a good guy, a good guy that someone would wish that I could have more wishes...

Raoul Duke
07-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Same. Not only would it secure anything you'd want for yourself and family, but there would be so many opportunities to help others. I'd start in Africa...

Start in the mother land, right bro?

I'm gonna go with the unlimited, tax-free, legal cash too.

jeffg-body
07-22-2008, 10:44 PM
I'd wish for a cure for cystic fibrosis.

indyman37
07-22-2008, 10:50 PM
wisdom.

Spirit
07-22-2008, 10:51 PM
I'd take unlimited money and the first thing i'd do with it is fix my Mom's legs.

ajbry
07-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Start in the mother land, right bro?

It would be quite the task, but you'd need money to do it... Not "democracy" or "equal opportunity." Money improves infrastructure, money improves aid and health relief efforts, and money can be used to buy out the imperialistic corporations (from industrialized nations) taking advantage of the people. I'd only start in Africa, I'd move to the Far East pretty quickly after that.

travmil
07-22-2008, 11:10 PM
It would be quite the task, but you'd need money to do it... Not "democracy" or "equal opportunity." Money improves infrastructure, money improves aid and health relief efforts, and money can be used to buy out the imperialistic corporations (from industrialized nations) taking advantage of the people. I'd only start in Africa, I'd move to the Far East pretty quickly after that.

What good is the money if the people you are trying to help have no freedom to take advantage of it? You need both in the end, but one has to come first.

ajbry
07-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Honestly I'd love to discuss this further with you, but we should probably refrain from getting into the political disaster that is Africa.

travmil
07-22-2008, 11:31 PM
Honestly I'd love to discuss this further with you, but we should probably refrain from getting into the political disaster that is Africa.

Agreed. That is most definitely UnPD territory. It's way more complex than just needing money or freedom.

Shade
07-23-2008, 12:11 AM
I was thinking immortality, but what if something horrible happened to me and I didn't want to live anymore?

Hmm...invulnerability? At least I'd get to do pretty much whatever I wanted before I died.

N8R
07-23-2008, 12:38 AM
I think the unlimited tax free wealth would be my way to go. Might not be full happiness but with unlimited money I wouldnt have to work at any crap jobs, I could buy the Knicks and start buying me some championships and hire someone to murder Isiah Thomas for what he did to the team.

cramerica
07-23-2008, 04:36 AM
To "undo" my divorce and be back with my ex.

DisplacedKnick
07-23-2008, 06:32 AM

No, because you'd be instantly struck by lightning.

Twes
07-23-2008, 07:55 AM
No, because you'd be instantly struck by lightning.

So be it.

:dj:

SoupIsGood
07-23-2008, 08:09 AM
I'd probably request that all humans become literal empaths. Or at least that we could have some kind of instinctive sense of how our actions affect everyone else, like a part of ourselves that constantly considers the whole just as compulsively as we consider the "self" (go introspective, worry about our individual lives) right now.

travmil
07-23-2008, 10:26 AM
I'd probably request that all humans become literal empaths. Or at least that we could have some kind of instinctive sense of how our actions affect everyone else, like a part of ourselves that constantly considers the whole just as compulsively as we consider the "self" (go introspective, worry about our individual lives) right now.

That's a good one.

ABADays
07-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Unfortunately I would have to go along with the Hicks line of thinking and take the trillion. I could do a lot of good with that. My daughter once told me if I was rich I would end up being the poorest rich man that ever lived.

bellisimo
07-23-2008, 01:48 PM

if i were to be the one that granted wishes...i would wipe out everything you could think of wishing for...instead of giving them to you....

guess i'd be more of a devil instead of a genie...

if i were to wish...I'd go with healthy life - even if you got the trillion dollars..its nothing without proper health....and considering i'm always bogged down by either allergies in summer or the cold in winter...i'd be a happy man :D

Twes
07-23-2008, 02:20 PM
if i were to be the one that granted wishes...i would wipe out everything you could think of wishing for...instead of giving them to you....

guess i'd be more of a devil instead of a genie...

if i were to wish...I'd go with healthy life - even if you got the trillion dollars..its nothing without proper health....and considering i'm always bogged down by either allergies in summer or the cold in winter...i'd be a happy man :D

My wish for you was going to be true happiness with

http://bp3.blogger.com/_TmFS_6M-OfQ/R8lVjWwn7zI/AAAAAAAADOc/bKOIPYZp-mI/s400/80585_20_122_80lo.jpg

But now my wish for you is

http://www.tvgasm.com/shows/images/americasnexttopmodel/season9/eddie-murphy.jpg

MyFavMartin
07-23-2008, 02:33 PM
that we'd all be transformed like Shallow Hal.

Gyron
07-23-2008, 02:53 PM
Boy this page went really wrong.......lol

DisplacedKnick
07-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Boy this page went really wrong.......lol

It went Twes - wadcha expect?

bellisimo
07-23-2008, 05:12 PM
My wish for you was going to be true happiness with

http://bp3.blogger.com/_TmFS_6M-OfQ/R8lVjWwn7zI/AAAAAAAADOc/bKOIPYZp-mI/s400/80585_20_122_80lo.jpg

But now my wish for you is

http://www.tvgasm.com/shows/images/americasnexttopmodel/season9/eddie-murphy.jpg

aww...come on Twes...you shouldn't waste your wishes on me :-p

D23
07-23-2008, 06:02 PM
The only restriction is ..... no wishing for more wishes.

Everything else is fair game.

So, how do use one wish?

Easy, a 96-win season.

Twes
07-23-2008, 08:45 PM
aww...come on Twes...you shouldn't waste your wishes on me :-p

You started it. :D

But it's okay... I didn't have anything to wish for anyway.

Suaveness
07-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Hmm....as powerful as Superman, but without the stupid Kryptonite weakness.

Or how about a Pacers title? Seems this might be the only way to get one...

ViperVisor
07-24-2008, 12:07 AM
The knowledge to harness fusion power.

I patent it and the money I make from that allows me all the goodies I want. And I save the planet.

imawhat
07-24-2008, 12:27 AM
immortality for everyone without the worries of overpopulation.

JayRedd
07-24-2008, 01:06 AM
Money? Really?

Yall are weird. No one wants to fly? Wants all their friends and family to never get sick? Wants to be like heywoode? Meet the love of your life? World peace? Your daughter to be President? Salma Hayek to be madly in love with you? She's rich already...what you need a trilly for if her or Megan Fox just has an uncontrollable desire to make their entire life about making you happy?

rexnom
07-24-2008, 01:42 AM
Money? Really?

Yall are weird. No one wants to fly? Wants all their friends and family to never get sick? Wants to be like heywoode? Meet the love of your life? World peace? Your daughter to be President? Salma Hayek to be madly in love with you? She's rich already...what you need a trilly for if her or Megan Fox just has an uncontrollable desire to make their entire life about making you happy?
Yeah, but if I'm a trillionaire, I could buy the CW, cast myself in the next 90210 and have women tripping over me and guys hating me Adam Duritz-style. Obscenely rich Celene Dion married her producer...I think I could pull some hot celebs with the humanitarian gig.

That being said...I'm leaning towards being like Hancock. Having ultimate superpowers without a weakness and, if I so choose, I can be human and spend the rest of my life with Charlize Theron. And with the PR gig, I could probably make millions on ads, etc and still cast myself in the next 90210.

Of course, I wouldn't mind spending my life like Vinnie Chase either.

JayRedd
07-24-2008, 01:44 AM
Why not just wish for Africa to turn into Strawberry Shortcakeland then? You can't solve all those problems with money. You could with a well-worded wish.

DisplacedKnick
07-24-2008, 08:06 AM
Money? Really?

I still just want my Perfect Eternal Afterlife. Lot easier to have perfection when you start from scratch.

World peace might result in mass starvation, you might found out you hate Salma Hayek or Megan Fox once you get to know 'em and then you end up spending the rest of your life in prison as a wife-killer, your daughter-to-be-President might be assassinated . . .

Nope - give me my afterlife.

Trader Joe
07-24-2008, 08:55 AM
Can I wish for a genie that will grant me three wishes?

joew8302
07-25-2008, 01:06 AM
Money can't buy you happiness, so that is out!

My ex's have been miserable, so wishing for a woman doesn't make much sense.

I am happy with my career, so everything is good there.

Ahhh heck with it, Indiana Pacers 2008-09 NBA Champs, that is my wish.

DGPR
07-25-2008, 04:09 AM
I wish my life had a soundtrack.

Twes
07-25-2008, 08:57 AM
Money can't buy you happiness, so that is out!

But it can buy the kind of misery you can enjoy.

bellisimo
07-25-2008, 10:12 AM
what with suffering through a diet which consists of only a bowl of cereal, 2 bananas and 2 peaches a day...i wouldn't mind being able to eat anything i want and still have a 6-pack...

JayRedd
07-25-2008, 11:24 AM
you might found out you hate Salma Hayek or Megan Fox once you get to know 'em

I think I could find a way to suffer through it.