PDA

View Full Version : Kristic or Landry: who would you prefer

jeffg-body
07-20-2008, 11:16 PM
I was thinking about this at work today and went back and forth a few times. Would we prefer Kristic or Landry in our PF rotation. I wavered on it myself before choosing Landry. He is more athletic and has not had any major injuries. Either guy would be a great addition though.

MillerTime
07-20-2008, 11:29 PM
Personally I would perfer Landry. Hes younger, less injury prone and more athletic than Kristic. On the defensive end; Landry shows more energy and strength than Krstic does. Also, we could probably pick up Landry for a cheaper price than Krstic. Landry would be better in JOB's syster also, he could get up and down the court more efficiently than Krstic can; Kristic is more of a half court player

So overall, becaues of those reasons, I would prefer Landry over Krstic

grace
07-20-2008, 11:48 PM
Landry

Roy Munson
07-20-2008, 11:58 PM
Landy is an absolute stud.

Jose Slaughter
07-21-2008, 12:02 AM
I would like someone that might start over Murphy. Right now Krstic might be able to do that.

GrangerRanger
07-21-2008, 12:20 AM
Carl

OakMoses
07-21-2008, 12:21 AM
Landry, no doubt about it.

Name one thing Kristic does better than Landry other than being tall.

CableKC
07-21-2008, 12:23 AM
Landry..but since we can't get him...it doesn't really matter.

travmil
07-21-2008, 12:44 AM
I love all this talk on this forum about Landry, like he's actually going anywhere.

Trader Joe
07-21-2008, 12:46 AM
I love all this talk on this forum about Landry, like he's actually going anywhere.

I thought he was on the team already. Who knew? :confused:

MillerTime
07-21-2008, 07:49 AM
Landry..but since we can't get him...it doesn't really matter.

why would you think we can get Landry? Im sure we can. Obviously giving Landry the MLE would be too much. If we can work some kind of S/T with Houston for Landry would be ideal.

Something like Tinsley + Shawne Williams + 2nd rounder for Bobby Jackson + Carl Landry. Beside T Mac, Head, and Barry theres no real swingman in Houston and Williams could help them out. Tinsley would be good for them also, he would probably start over Rafer.

Bobby Jones is an expiring contract. Hes making as much as Tinsley and this is his last season on his contract.

Justin Tyme
07-21-2008, 09:20 AM
why would you think we can get Landry? Im sure we can. Obviously giving Landry the MLE would be too much. If we can work some kind of S/T with Houston for Landry would be ideal.

Something like Tinsley + Shawne Williams + 2nd rounder for Bobby Jackson + Carl Landry. Beside T Mac, Head, and Barry theres no real swingman in Houston and Williams could help them out. Tinsley would be good for them also, he would probably start over Rafer.

Bobby Jones is an expiring contract. Hes making as much as Tinsley and this is his last season on his contract.

Why on earth would the Rockets want Tinsley when they presently have 5 players who can play PG? They are PG poor! They need Tinsley like they need to re-sign Stevie Franchise.

Why would the Rockets want to give up an expiring PG contract to take on a 3 year 21 mil PG?

Since when is Head a swingman? At best he's a combo guard.

naptownmenace
07-21-2008, 10:45 AM
I would like someone that might start over Murphy. Right now Krstic might be able to do that.

Murphy > Krstic.

Jonathan
07-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Kristic, I like his low post offensive move more.

Landry is quicker and a better rebounder but Kristic is more polished.

Los Angeles
07-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Eh - flip a coin? I don't know.

But I guess I'm some sort of idiot that I prefer Foster to both.

D-BONE
07-21-2008, 11:55 AM
Honestly don't think we're getting either one. My understanding is that HOU was very serious about retaining Landry so my instinct is Krstic would be the more attainable of the two for us.

Agree with several of the assessments of the two players here. Krstic, if fully healthy, provides a more polished offensive game. Landry is a better athlete, rebounder, and provides energy and toughness, not to mention he's young. If I had my druthers it would be Landry, but I don't think it's likely to happen.

Justin Tyme
07-21-2008, 12:11 PM
LANDRY!

diamonddave00
07-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Age wise both Krstic and Landry will be 25 by the opener. Though Landry is only about to start his 2nd year he is 2 1/2 years older than Shawne Williams , and only 4 months younger than Danny Granger.

Nenad Krstic is 2 months older than Landry.

Ownagedood
07-21-2008, 12:17 PM
Landry... Kristic maybe 2 years ago... But since his injury, ill take Landry.

Anthem
07-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Landry.

Neither of those guys is good enough to start on this team right now, but Landry might in a couple of years.

Krystic's getting worse, not better.