PDA

View Full Version : 2004 PD Forum Awards - Most Argumentative Poster - bulletproof

Hicks
06-16-2004, 04:01 PM
From now until 3PM Thursday (I will try to make this go by that time every weekday), everyone has their chance to vote for the 2004 Most Argumentative Poster.

The Nominees Are:
bulletproof
Kstat
NewYawk
Ragnar
Shade

MSA2CF
06-16-2004, 04:04 PM
I voted for the same poster I will vote for in Most Love to Hate. :laugh:

ROCislandWarrior
06-16-2004, 04:04 PM
Does bulletproof agree with anything?

I bet he doesn't even agree that he is the most argumentative poster!

MSA2CF
06-16-2004, 04:05 PM
I voted for the same poster I will vote for in Most Love to Hate. :laugh:

Too bad he's banned. :(

ChicagoJ
06-16-2004, 04:05 PM
Is NY still banned? I've got a problem with having him on a ballot like this one (or 'love to hate') if he's been kicked out. Whether we like him or not, no need to kick him while he's down.

Unclebuck
06-16-2004, 04:06 PM
I voted for Bulletproof in a landslide, although Ragnar deserves some consideration.

I hope no one wastes their vote on NewYawk, he is gone, vote for someone else.

Kstat and Shade I never argue with them.

I also nominated diego in this category

Will Galen
06-16-2004, 04:10 PM
I voted for Bulletproof. The guy always has to get in the last word. He will even PM you to argue some more.

KStat mainly only argues about the Pistons.

Ragnar
06-16-2004, 04:10 PM
Am I really that argumentative?

bulletproof
06-16-2004, 04:14 PM
Does bulletproof agree with anything?

I bet he doesn't even agree that he is the most argumentative poster!

I don't agree with misguided speculation when I know otherwise. Sorry. And if that makes me the most argumentative poster, ah well, so be it. There are a few people here who know I'm not arguing just to argue. :flirt:

bulletproof
06-16-2004, 04:16 PM
I voted for Bulletproof. The guy always has to get in the last word. He will even PM you to argue some more.

You just got my vote for least trusted poster.

Kstat
06-16-2004, 04:16 PM
BP argues like its his job.

After today, it WILL be :P

Suaveness
06-16-2004, 04:17 PM
After today, how could I NOT say BP :laugh:

:devil:

bulletproof
06-16-2004, 04:18 PM

Pot, meet kettle. Kettle, meet pot.

Unclebuck
06-16-2004, 04:18 PM

Yes you are. And don't argue with me

Kstat
06-16-2004, 04:19 PM

Oh, no you don't.

Will Galen
06-16-2004, 04:20 PM

???????

bulletproof
06-16-2004, 04:21 PM

???????

They're called private messages for a reason.

ChicagoJ
06-16-2004, 04:22 PM

Yes.

Between your disapproval of the Brad trade and your dislike of AJ as the backup PG, you've been involved in some legendary arguments around here.

But you are not argumenative in a bad way at all. You just state your position, defend it, and work to get others to see your side. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Sometimes 'argumentative' is equated with namecalling but I think of it differently.

You're getting my vote out of respect for taking a position, sometimes an unpopular one, and holding your ground (something I wish I did more often).

bp just doesn't strike me as 'argumentative' - IMO, he doesn't seem concerned with convincing everyone he's right. He just takes a contrarian position from time to time, and some people just don't like the fact that he doesn't back down.

As for Shade and Kstat, they argue with each other a lot, but I'm not sure I've ever argued very much with either one myself. So I don't really have an opinion.

As I said above, I'm not commenting on NY, except to repeat what I said before, I wish he didn't have to resort to all the namecalling. That's not 'argumentative', in fact I'd say that's the opposite of 'argumentative.'

Kegboy
06-16-2004, 04:22 PM

Oh, let's see.

Anthony Johnson rules!!!

:zip:

:peak:

ChicagoJ
06-16-2004, 04:25 PM
:laugh:

In the first fifteen minutes of the "most argumentative poster" thread:

Yes you are. And don't argue with me

Oh, no you don't.

Oh, let's see.

Anthony Johnson rules!!!

:lurk:

Will Galen
06-16-2004, 04:26 PM

???????

You didn't say anything in the message that you haven't said on here. And I didn't say what the message was about, only that you PMed me to contine to argue.

Arcadian
06-16-2004, 04:30 PM

I agree with Jay's post.

I would like to add that if the season were taken as a whole you should have more votes. You did tapper off the last month and people seem to be voting on this month's preformance.

While some argued about how good LotR's was, the correct working relationship between Bird and Walsh, you pick important issues like point guard rotation and never you wavered.

bulletproof
06-16-2004, 04:34 PM

???????

You didn't say anything in the message that you haven't said on here. And I didn't say what the message was about, only that you PMed me to contine to argue.

Actually, I was trying to open up a personal dialogue between us versus continuing our debate out in the open. I was trying to be gracious. I only do that once, by the way.

Will Galen
06-16-2004, 04:50 PM

???????

Actually, I was trying to open up a personal dialogue between us versus continuing our debate out in the open. I was trying to be gracious. I only do that once, by the way.

As I see it, and seen it then, we only disagreed on one point. So I didn't see any reason to continue debating privately. Since that was my view I just figured you were being extremely argumentative.

Since I misread you I'll apologize for that.

Ragnar
06-16-2004, 04:53 PM

I agree with Jay's post.

I would like to add that if the season were taken as a whole you should have more votes. You did tapper off the last month and people seem to be voting on this month's preformance.

While some argued about how good LotR's was, the correct working relationship between Bird and Walsh, you pick important issues like point guard rotation and never you wavered.

This is a very busy time of year for me and I have just not had the time. I did not give up on the Pacers or basketball I have simply been busy with work. I am hoping to be back to a more normal schedule in the next couple of weeks.

Shade
06-16-2004, 05:54 PM
I have to admit, I'm kinda surprised to be here. :laugh:

Of course, I'm getting my *** kicked. I just can't measure up to Yawk or bp in this category. :p

Ragnar
06-16-2004, 06:33 PM

Oh, let's see.

Anthony Johnson rules!!!

I am considerably less anoyed by AJ than I used to be. I dont know if its that I simply accepted him for what he is or what. I wouls still rather have a real pg as the backup to Tins that way if Tins goes down with an injury we would still have a real pg but what can you do.

Shade
06-16-2004, 06:53 PM
I am so NOT argumentative! :pissed:

:P

Natston
06-16-2004, 06:58 PM

I know. :flirt: You usually throw your fit and leave before you can get into an argument... :P

Shade
06-16-2004, 07:04 PM

I know. :flirt: You usually throw your fit and leave before you can get into an argument... :P

I don't have to take that from you. I'm going home. :p

Natston
06-16-2004, 07:06 PM

I don't have to take that from you. I'm going home. :p

I'm going to argue the fact that you don't get into arguments with you so you'll pull a miracle and win... :devil:

bulletproof
06-16-2004, 10:05 PM
bp just doesn't strike me as 'argumentative' - IMO, he doesn't seem concerned with convincing everyone he's right. He just takes a contrarian position from time to time, and some people just don't like the fact that he doesn't back down.

My vote for "most incisive poster" goes to Jay. By the way, Jay, it's hard to back down from facts.

ABADays
06-16-2004, 11:00 PM
As you can see, I remain mum on this topic.

Bball
06-16-2004, 11:25 PM
I guess I need a definition of 'argumentative poster'. Are we looking for the most stubborn poster even if totally clueless? Are we looking for the poster most likely stand up for their position?

The person who best defends their position?

-Bball

bulletproof
06-17-2004, 10:10 AM
I voted for Bulletproof in a landslide, although Ragnar deserves some consideration.

I hope no one wastes their vote on NewYawk, he is gone, vote for someone else.

Kstat and Shade I never argue with them.

What do you base this on, UB? You say you never argue with Kstat and Shade, but when have you ever engaged me in a debate, much less ever really acknowledged my existence?

Are you contending that I argue just to argue? Or you basing it more on Jay's assertion:

I'm just curious why you voted for me "in a landslide" when there are far more contentious people on here than me. Read Jay's post again.

Unclebuck
06-17-2004, 10:38 AM
What do you base this on, UB? You say you never argue with Kstat and Shade, but when have you ever engaged me in a debate, much less ever really acknowledged my existence?

Are you contending that I argue just to argue? Or you basing it more on Jay's assertion:

I'm just curious why you voted for me "in a landslide" when there are far more contentious people on here than me. Read Jay's post again.

You know what, I just went back and looked at my list I sent to Hicks, and I now realize I did not even nominate you in this category, so why did I vote for you. I nominated Ragnar, diego, Peck and Saucemaster.

Let me first say you seem somewhat offended to even be in this category, and really offended that you are winning.

I voted for you because you are one of the best posters in this forum without question, I thought it was a compliment to vote for you.

I wish NewYawk was not even nominated because he has given this whole category a bad name, I would not vote for him if you paid me, and yet he probably argues more than anyone, but he is so off the wall.

let me just say again, you are one of my favorites, and I voted for you for that reason, you are a good at arguing. And no you don't just argue just to argue, you make very good points.

Have I ever argued with you or even acknowledged your existance: yes I know I have many times.

Bball
06-17-2004, 12:15 PM
I'm not sure where to put my vote because I'm not sure what the criteria should be.

New Yawk: Either he has an extremely high opinion of his opinions or simply plays a role when he's online. If the award is for the person most likely to argue over anything, even if they are obviously wrong, then he's a clear cut winner.

Ragnar will argue a point but only for things that he believes in and will present information to back his arguments.

Bulletproof (who seems to be popular in this category) doesn't argue much IMHO. He says his piece and moves on. Challenge him and he will just fire back a remark like "Believe what you want".

So if the award is for someone who's argued based on what they've learned from the Weekly Reader and episodes of Hee Haw and then expanded that into their worldview then New Yawk would get my vote. :P
IOW, someone who I have little respect for and believe has shot their credibility....

OTOH, if the award is for someone who will debate the issues and stay on point and is meant as a badge of honor then I would go to Ragnar.

I just don't see Bulletproof as interested in arguing his points. "Believe what you want"

Kstat would get honorable mention from me. He is argumentative but he's also emotional and lets that get in the way of the debate sometimes.

-Bball

bulletproof
06-17-2004, 01:26 PM
I'm not sure where to put my vote because I'm not sure what the criteria should be.

New Yawk: Either he has an extremely high opinion of his opinions or simply plays a role when he's online. If the award is for the person most likely to argue over anything, even if they are obviously wrong, then he's a clear cut winner.

Ragnar will argue a point but only for things that he believes in and will present information to back his arguments.

Bulletproof (who seems to be popular in this category) doesn't argue much IMHO. He says his piece and moves on. Challenge him and he will just fire back a remark like "Believe what you want".

So if the award is for someone who's argued based on what they've learned from the Weekly Reader and episodes of Hee Haw and then expanded that into their worldview then New Yawk would get my vote. :P
IOW, someone who I have little respect for and believe has shot their credibility....

OTOH, if the award is for someone who will debate the issues and stay on point and is meant as a badge of honor then I would go to Ragnar.

I just don't see Bulletproof as interested in arguing his points. "Believe what you want"

Kstat would get honorable mention from me. He is argumentative but he's also emotional and lets that get in the way of the debate sometimes.

-Bball

Exactly.

UB, the only reason I take exception to being called the most argumentative poster is because the word argumentative itself has a negative connotation, especially in the way certain people here are interpreting it.

If it's taken the way you meant it, UB, then the category should be renamed "Best forum debater." Although I seriously doubt I've earned that distinction.

TheSauceMaster
06-17-2004, 01:52 PM
This is actually a category I thought I would get nominated in , but as you see I didn't :(

Unclebuck
06-17-2004, 02:32 PM
This is actually a category I thought I would get nominated in , but as you see I didn't :(

As mentioned I nominated you

Hicks
06-17-2004, 02:33 PM
It's looking like I'll need to rename this category next year. :laugh:

MagicRat
06-17-2004, 02:48 PM
Some certain forum MVP once told me during a discussion that he had never disagreed more with a post in his life than one I posted. At that time I decided to never make a serious basketball post or to be argumentative..........http://www.pacersdigest.com/phpBB2/images/avatars/26405910840b8956f26aef.gif

TheSauceMaster
06-17-2004, 02:57 PM

As mentioned I nominated you

Thanks , UB and I know you don't drink but :cheers: with a frosty root beer.

btw I don't call it arguing , it's debating in my book :P

Unclebuck
06-17-2004, 02:58 PM
Some certain forum MVP once told me during a discussion that he had never disagreed more with a post in his life than one I posted. At that time I decided to never make a serious basketball post or to be argumentative..........http://www.pacersdigest.com/phpBB2/images/avatars/26405910840b8956f26aef.gif

Refresh my memory, what point did you make. (Don't feel bad, that is not the first time nor the last time that I said I have never disagreed with a post so much in my life.

ChicagoJ
06-17-2004, 03:37 PM
-snip-
(Don't feel bad, that is not the first time nor the last time that I said I have never disagreed with a post so much in my life.

Yeah, I think he's told me that a few times since the season ended. I take it as a challenge to go out and 'top myself'.

:D :devil: :cool:

MagicRat
06-17-2004, 03:57 PM

Refresh my memory, what point did you make. (Don't feel bad, that is not the first time nor the last time that I said I have never disagreed with a post so much in my life.

Oh no. You've already scarred me once.... :shudder: Scar me once, shame on you, scar me twice etc etc......... :P

I don't remember exactly. It was during some big tag-team battle royale over Jamaal at IS. I think the gist of it was that I liked Jamaal more than Eric Snow....

Unclebuck
06-17-2004, 04:06 PM
Oh no. You've already scarred me once.... :shudder: Scar me once, shame on you, scar me twice etc etc......... :P

I don't remember exactly. It was during some big tag-team battle royale over Jamaal at IS. I think the gist of it was that I liked Jamaal more than Eric Snow....

Oh I thought it was something more recent. Yeh I was pretty down on Jamaal a year ago, you turned out to be correct though.

Hicks
06-17-2004, 04:33 PM
Final Results:

bulletproof
41% [ 23 ]
Kstat
28% [ 16 ]
NewYawk
14% [ 8 ]
Ragnar
12% [ 7 ]
Shade
3% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 56

Not that he wants it, but bulletproof is the Winner!

Congratulations, if you even accept it. :laugh:

And no, you will not get a sub-title. ;)

Kegboy
06-17-2004, 04:39 PM

BOOOOO!!!!!

:devil:

Bball
06-17-2004, 06:07 PM
Final Results:

bulletproof
41% [ 23 ]
Kstat
28% [ 16 ]
NewYawk
14% [ 8 ]
Ragnar
12% [ 7 ]
Shade
3% [ 2 ]

I can't wait to hear the acceptance speech! :D

-Bball

bulletproof
06-17-2004, 07:21 PM
Final Results:

bulletproof
41% [ 23 ]
Kstat
28% [ 16 ]
NewYawk
14% [ 8 ]
Ragnar
12% [ 7 ]
Shade
3% [ 2 ]

I can't wait to hear the acceptance speech! :D

-Bball

I love you! Tom Cruise! I love you, brother! I love you, man! Everybody, I love you. I love you all. Cameron Crowe! James L. Brooks! James L. Brooks, I love you. Everybody who's involved with this, I love you. I love you. Everybody involved.

You like me, you really like me...

I am the king of the world!

Will Galen
06-17-2004, 08:10 PM
I love you! Tom Cruise! I love you, brother! I love you, man! Everybody, I love you. I love you all. Cameron Crowe! James L. Brooks! James L. Brooks, I love you. Everybody who's involved with this, I love you. I love you. Everybody involved.

You like me, you really like me...

I am the king of the world!

Gee whiz! :blush:

MagicRat
06-17-2004, 08:46 PM

I can't believe that the person who is so against dude avatars and dude posters in bedrooms and the flirt emoticon would steal an acceptance speech that sounds so...........:flirt:

Plus, knowing your feelings about the award, I thought you would call Jack Lemmon from the grave to try to give it away....... :P

bulletproof
06-17-2004, 11:52 PM

I can't believe that the person who is so against dude avatars and dude posters in bedrooms and the flirt emoticon would steal an acceptance speech that sounds so...........:flirt:

Plus, knowing your feelings about the award, I thought you would call Jack Lemmon from the grave to try to give it away....... :P

Brilliant idea, Magic.

Ahem...

In the spirit of Ving Rhames, I'm going to give this award to...Kstat. :P