Next summer we are going to have a lot of expirers:

Maceo Baston $2,272,860
Marquis Daniels $6,864,200
Jeff Foster $5,500,000
Josh McRoberts $711,517
Rasho Nesterovic 8,400,000
------------
$23,748,395
I did not add Jack and Williams because im sure we're going to sign Jack. And if we dont sign Williams im sure we'll trade him for something. Not to mention, if we buy out Tinsley this year we'll have another $7 million-ish.

Who are the top free agents next season? I know Marion will be if he doesnt sign an extention. I would love for the Pacers to sign him, but i know hes going to be expecting a lot of money.

Marion
Al Horford
Glen Davis (dont know much of his game)
Drew Gooden
Noah
Tyrus Thomas
Jason Maxiell
Sheed
Al Harrington
Andrew Bynum
Lamar Odom
Hakim Warrick
Charlie Villanueva
Josh Boone
Stromile Swift
Sean Williams
Yi Jianlian
David Lee
Chris Wilcox
LaMarcus Aldridge
Channing Frye
Greg Oden
Spencer Hawes
Sheldon Williams
Andrea Bargnani
Paul Millsap

Not a bad list of big men next season. Hopefully Bird can sign one or two. Theres a lot of talent available next summer

BBALL56HACKER
07-20-2008, 11:08 AM
Even if we buy out J.T. his salary will still count against the payroll for the 3 years he has on it.

Doddage
07-20-2008, 11:37 AM
Oden and Horford? As if there's any chance that their respective teams won't pick up their options.

BBALL56HACKER
07-20-2008, 04:25 PM
alot of those players are NOT free agents next year. there teams will pick up their options.

Naptown_Seth
07-21-2008, 02:21 AM
WTF is this?

A) Pacers can't go after big FAs next year, not unless something else really major happens between now and then. They might not even be under the cap at all.

B) Half those guys are on rookies with team 3rd year options, pretty standard. NONE of them get cut and several are going to be extended before the seasons even ends.

I'm fine with the topic. Let's just try to do it with some sense of realism next time, otherwise it's a pointless discussion. We might as well discuss how great the team will be when they add Reggie and Jordan out of retirement and on enough juice to be their 90's selves again.

CableKC
07-21-2008, 02:41 AM
My FA signings next offseason start at:

1 ) Granger
2 ) Jack
3 ) Foster or Rasho ( likely Foster...depending on how well Hibbert does and whether Rasho fits into our lineup )

Many of you probably think that we need to get a new Starting PF....but as far as I am concerned....our Starting PF is Murphy ( mainly cuz his contract is near immovable for the next 2 seasons ). With likely $2-3 mil that we have left to sign someone....we can sign the best backup PF that we can find.

I want to build around a core of players that we can build good team chemistry with. I think that the core that we started off with last season of Granger/Dunleavy/Murphy/Foster/Diener ( now as our 3rd Backup PG ) is a good starting point.