PDA

View Full Version : Rush's Defence

MillerTime
07-20-2008, 12:17 AM
Bird talked about how good Rush was on the defensive end. He also talked about how athletic he was. I found a video on his defence:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkhc9hsn3sA&feature=related
pretty damn good. But keep in mind, thats against college players, NBA will be much more difficult.

idioteque
07-20-2008, 12:21 AM
lGYXuD1lwwk

Kkhc9hsn3sA

Come on, you all had to be thinking it.

LoneGranger33
07-20-2008, 12:23 AM
0oXNB2W4Ims

idioteque
07-20-2008, 12:25 PM
Wait a minute...there were that many people in the fieldhouse during one game last year?

imawhat
07-20-2008, 01:41 PM
Diener is going to make an excellent coach someday. Watching his awareness on the court is like watching Paul Westphal play.

Brandon's defense is pretty good, overall. He has great anticipation/timing on steals/blocks, a long wingspan, quickness, and good stance. He also raises his level of play when the game gets tight. But, one of his best defensive qualities is his ability to adjust in-game. You'll never see him get burned twice by the same move. He has all the tools to become a great defender.

The only thing he does that could be a problem in the NBA (and specifically on the Pacers) is his tendency to drift too far from his man. It's very common for him to drift too far, lose sight, and then spend a second trying to find out where his man went. In the NBA, guys are too quick and shoot too well for him to do that.

mrknowname
07-20-2008, 02:40 PM
Bird talked about how good Rush was on the defensive end. He also talked about how athletic he was. I found a video on his defence:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkhc9hsn3sA&feature=related
pretty damn good. But keep in mind, thats against college players, NBA will be much more difficult.

yeah that second block was against kevin durant ;)

JayRedd
07-20-2008, 05:16 PM
Diener is going to make an excellent coach someday. Watching his awareness on the court is like watching Paul Westphal play.

I hope you mean the current, 58-year-old version of Paul Westphal.

Pacers4Life
07-20-2008, 06:00 PM
lGYXuD1lwwk

Kkhc9hsn3sA

Come on, you all had to be thinking it.

wow, i don't think i could dislike a person as much as do you right now. thats the worst video is the history of history and you should not be able to post that for any reason. it pains me watching it

imawhat
07-20-2008, 09:44 PM
I hope you mean the current, 58-year-old version of Paul Westphal.

Paul Westphal from the 70s. Heard of the "shot heard round the world" (The Gar Heard version)?

Rather than type it up, here it is on wiki

In Game 5 of that series, called by many the greatest game ever played in basketball, Westphal made a critical play: With one second to go and the Suns down 111 to 110 but in possession of the ball and trapped by the Celtics' defense, Westphal called for a time-out. He knew the Suns had no time-outs left, so a technical foul was called on him. The Celtics made a free throw, taking a two-point lead, but the timeout call allowed Phoenix to inbound the ball at midcourt, rather than go the full length of the court. (As a result of this play, the NBA changed the rules prior to the following season.) Garfield Heard then made a shot for the Suns that sent the game into triple-overtime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Westphal

Major Cold
07-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Rush played excellent D against CDR and if I remember correctly a little of Rose. The kid has the talent to be lock down and from what I hear he has the desire.