IndianaMan
06-15-2004, 01:37 PM
Wat do u think bout this 1?

Indiana Trades: Al Harrington, Austin Croshere, and Scott Pollard
Houston Trades: Cuttino Mobley and Kelvin Cato

This would get rid of Croshere's salary and bring us a pure SG and a big Center

sweabs
06-15-2004, 01:40 PM
This one has been brought up numerous times.

Yes it would be great - but will it happen? Likely not.

SkipperZ
06-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Will it happen or do i want it to happen?

I think it wont happen and in terms of wanting it to, I think its a good trade for us, but would try first to get Tmac or another impact player or maybe even Dampier/Richardson before I took this trade..

But I would probably take this trade over the draft pick with Chcago

so i guess yes i want it to happen, it would help this team a lot, but i am hoping for better, not because I think harrington is worth more (hes not), but because i think donnie can find something better.

Kstat
06-15-2004, 02:18 PM
Big fan of Mobly's talent.

HUGELY dissapointed in Mobly's character. He's one of the most selfish players in the NBA.

It all depends on wether you think Carlisle can make Mobley a team player.

Mourning
06-15-2004, 02:27 PM
I'd sign immidiately if it were up to me. But, it isn't. The Rockets are more likely to swap Cato for Taylor or another lesser player, they like Cato at Yao's side a lot.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

sweabs
06-15-2004, 02:34 PM
He's one of the most selfish players in the NBA.

In what way? He averages 3 assists per game, and takes less shots than Artest, Hamilton, to name a few.

Unclebuck
06-15-2004, 04:30 PM
Kstat, I don't agree, at least not this past season.

Slick Pinkham
06-15-2004, 05:50 PM
I'd do that trade, but Hosuton wouldn't.

I know JVG has said nice things about Austin, but the man LOVES defense and Austin & Scott don't bring that while Cato does.

Houston might do it with Mo Taylor instead of Cato, and I would NOT want that one.

une
06-15-2004, 09:41 PM
Here's a trade I worked out on RealGM. It addresses a few of the problems both teams have.

Indiana trades:
PG Kenny Anderson (6.0 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 2.8 apg in 20.6 minutes)
PF Austin Croshere (5.0 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.7 apg in 13.7 minutes)
PF Al Harrington (13.3 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.7 apg in 30.9 minutes)

Indiana receives:

SG Cuttino Mobley (15.8 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 3.2 apg in 40.4 minutes)
C Kelvin Cato (6.1 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 25.3 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -2.4 ppg, -0.1 rpg, and -1.0 apg.

Houston trades:
SG Cuttino Mobley (15.8 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 3.2 apg in 40.4 minutes)
C Kelvin Cato (6.1 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 25.3 minutes)

Houston receives:
PG Kenny Anderson (6.0 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 2.8 apg in 44 games)
PF Austin Croshere (5.0 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.7 apg in 77 games)
PF Al Harrington (13.3 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.7 apg in 79 games)

Change in team outlook: +2.4 ppg, +0.1 rpg, and +1.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

I was over at a Rockets board and they all seem to agree that they need more depth at the PG position and a power forward who can score. Al Harrington is a decent scorer and Kenny Anderson is a decent PG who wil give the ball to Yao. I put Croshere in there to make the trade workable money wise.

This of course all depends on whether or not we can convince Kenny Anderson to resign with us.

Suaveness
06-15-2004, 09:58 PM
Anderson is a FA. He won't sign with us just to go to houston.

smoothie
06-15-2004, 09:59 PM
after hearing an interview with JVG it seems that trading mo is the only thing that is certain to happen this offseason. also, mobley can be had for the right price.

what is jeff looking for? not a PG. he claims that most of the TO's this past season came from bad post entry passes and catches. he said that during the rockets championship years they had big wing players (post entry passes are mostly made by wing players not PG's). horry was a 6'10 SF, and drexler was 6'7. that makes it easy to get a good pass over the shorter defender. the rockets this year had a 6'4 mobley and a 6'6 jackson.

my take on that is that he will look to add taller wing players. al and austin fit the bill.

Snickers
06-15-2004, 10:05 PM
.... my take on that is that he will look to add taller wing players....

Bender is a 7' winger.... :hmm:

Actually, Al is more of a post option than a perimeter player. Austin spends a lot of time outside, but when he gets the ball it's usually either a three or a drive to the bucket.... which results in A] a dunk, B] a charge, or 3] a turnover when he drops the ball off his foot.

:neutral:

smoothie
06-16-2004, 02:26 AM
either a three or a drive to the bucket.... which results in A] a dunk, B] a charge, or 3] a turnover when he drops the ball off his foot.

that sounds like every player on the rockets current roster with the addition of option (C) decide to pass it off last second with the reciever sitting in row 3.

seriously though, bender would be a nice fit if he worked on his 3pt shooting.

Snickers
06-16-2004, 02:38 AM
either a three or a drive to the bucket.... which results in A] a dunk, B] a charge, or 3] a turnover when he drops the ball off his foot.

that sounds like every player on the rockets current roster with the addition of option (C) decide to pass it off last second with the reciever sitting in row 3.

seriously though, bender would be a nice fit if he worked on his 3pt shooting.

Bendy's actually a pretty good three-point shooter.

01-02: 36.0%
02-03: 35.8%
03-04: 40.9%

He's a guy who can keep the defense honest, because he can hit from outside, or take it to the rim [though he sometimes does the same things Austin does]

With Bendy instead of Cro, you get an athletic freak, but a physically and mentally timid athletic freak. Maybe JVG could work on toughening him up some? :whoknows:

smoothie
06-16-2004, 03:03 AM
ya know snickers if you and i were the actual gms of our teams we might have swapped every player we had by now :P

since bender is a much better shooter than i had thought, being a 7' athletic freak would be great for the rox. as a rocket fan i have become used to low bball IQ, and "soft" players. ewing has done a good job of toughening up yao, even though there is still a long way to go. i can see him helping bender along.

jonathan reminds me of a young rob horry, with less rebounding.

maybe a trade of mo and pike (if neither are drafted)

for

bender, and pollard

Snickers
06-16-2004, 11:35 AM
Yep, it's just too bad we can't make the real deals. :(

I might do that trade, but if you swapped Pike for Jim Jackson, I'd definitely do that trade.

smoothie
06-16-2004, 11:55 AM
i think this Change in team outlook: +6.9 ppg, +2.0 rpg, and +1.3 apg.

is fair enough ;)

this may not help your 2 most critical issues (SG, C), but it helps with #3 on the summer to do list (add bench scoring).

this would be a minor trade for the rockets too, as our top focus this summer is finding a good fit a PF, and a back-up PG. after that we can address the issue of having small wing players who can't make an entry pass over taller wing players.

smoothie
06-16-2004, 11:57 AM
also their must be some promo in the works with red bull, and the rockets looking for wings :P