PDA

View Full Version : Who will be our sixth man?

GrangerRanger
07-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Personally, I'm putting my money on Jack. He was in Portland.

dgranger
07-17-2008, 05:55 PM
I think it will start off being Jack, but about 2 months into the season Rush takes over. Jack will still be really important to us though.

LG33
07-17-2008, 05:58 PM
The fans, of course.

CableKC
07-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Jack or Foster....depending on the matchups.

ChicagoJ
07-17-2008, 06:04 PM
How is Dunleavy not even a choice?

Unless we're starting Rush at SG, Dunn at SF and Danny at PF, which I don't think is a good idea.

rexnom
07-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Come on, Jay. We're starting Dun and Danny. There's no question.

Arcadian
07-17-2008, 06:15 PM
I voted Shawne not because I believe in him but in the belief that Rasho will be the first to go to the bench. Perhaps Jeff would have been a better answer.

Rush will not start.

LG33
07-17-2008, 06:16 PM
I was going to say Diener but I think we all know he'll be starting come December.

MyFavMartin
07-17-2008, 06:26 PM
I think it could be Murphy as Rasho and Foster may win the FC starter spots.

Naptown_Seth
07-17-2008, 06:32 PM
Reggie came off the bench behind John Long. Rush ain't starting.

I said Jack because he can play the 1-2 and the team is thin at 2 even with Rush. Dun comes out or swings to 3 when Danny sits, plus Ford sits. This gives you a ton of minutes for a guy that can work the 1 or 2 for you in a smaller, uptempo style.

Doddage
07-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Initially, it will probably be Foster since I'm assuming Rasho will get the starting job along with Murph on the frontline.

However, I hope Rush develops faster than expected and he becomes the team's starting 2. This means that we can bring an effective scoring punch off the bench in Dun, who could play his natural position in the 3. This would open up a lot of possibilities for us, like Danny playing the 4 in a small-ball scheme as he did parts of last season.

pwee31
07-17-2008, 07:07 PM
I voted Rasho strictly based off whom we have in front of the others.

I think Rasho will spell Foster or Murph a lot mroe often then Tj, Danny, Or Dun Dun get spelled, and that's what I'm basing my vote off

ChicagoJ
07-17-2008, 07:27 PM
Come on, Jay. We're starting Dun and Danny. There's no question.

There should be.

We aren't making the playoffs next year. Rush may not be ready to start on opening night but he should move into the starting lineup during the season.

The purpose of the next two seasons is to begin building chemistry between Rush, Granger, Hibbert, and whomever emerges as a PG (Ford, Jack, or some future acquition when they both turn out to be disappointing). And to get a good enough lottery pick to draft a top PF-of-the-future.

If JOB starts Dunn with a win-now mentality, Bird should fire him and find someone willing to play and develop our young players.

Justin Tyme
07-17-2008, 07:28 PM
I didn't vote due to the fact that neither Murphy nor Foster were on the list. I expect to see Rasho starting, and neither Daniels or Williams sniffing much PT let alone 6th man status. I'm still not convinced either will even be in a Pacer uni come start of the season which wouldn't hurt my feelings one iota.

There should have been a "none of the above" player category.

ChicagoJ
07-17-2008, 07:30 PM
Reggie came off the bench behind John Long. Rush ain't starting.

John Long was a key member of team coming off an exciting playoff showdown with a very talented Hawks team.

Dunleavy... not quite.

And I'd argue that Rush is more NBA-ready than Reggie was in the fall of 1987.

Arcadian
07-17-2008, 07:32 PM
So...If you can't justify Dun starting over a rookie is he overpaid?

Will Galen
07-17-2008, 09:03 PM
O'B will probably sub two or three guys at the same time.

GrangerRanger
07-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Sorry for not putting up anymore choices guys. If you want to vote for Foster or Travis, then just say so.

ajbry
07-17-2008, 10:15 PM
Rush. Jarrett Jack, as all of you will soon find out, isn't exactly the world's greatest combo guard and should only see minutes at PG. Rush's versatility and his overall skillset will get him the 6th man role instantly.

mrknowname
07-17-2008, 10:18 PM
I think Jack will be our 6th man since he'll be getting a lot of minutes at the 1 and 2.

i also think rush will be starting sooner rather than later. JOB and bird having been talking nothing but defense this offseason and theres no question rush is much better than dunleavy defensively. add in the fact that bird and company chose guys they felt were nba ready and it shouldn't be a suprise to see dunleavy coming off the bench backing up the 2 and 3.

i don't think there will be a lot of minutes for daniels and williams though unless someone gets injured because i think JOB will probably keep a tight 9-10 man rotation

BlueNGold
07-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Rush. Jarrett Jack, as all of you will soon find out, isn't exactly the world's greatest combo guard and should only see minutes at PG. Rush's versatility and his overall skillset will get him the 6th man role instantly.

If Rush is more valuable than Jack, we did pretty well in the draft. So many times, even picks in the 10-15 range are busts. I hope Rush is a whole lot better than his brother...

ChicagoJ
07-17-2008, 10:25 PM
So...If you can't justify Dun starting over a rookie is he overpaid?

Nah. He's just not part of the long term solution as a starter at 2/3. Is he overpaid for a sixthman that should still get 32-34 mpg backing up two postions? I don't know.

Arcadian
07-17-2008, 10:45 PM
I'll buy that but I won't tell Anthem.

Maybe this isn't the place but I don't think we are really deep enough for our rookies not to get a good shot whether they start or not. And by shot I'm finally glad to mean a chance rather than gun fire.

rexnom
07-17-2008, 11:36 PM
If Rush beats Dun out in practice or Obie thinks he'll be better with Danny than Mike, then he can start. Until then, Mike has that spot. Why? Because there's nothing better.

Spirit
07-17-2008, 11:43 PM
Jarrett

rexnom
07-18-2008, 12:01 AM
I dunno. I'd say Foster but I do subscribe to the UB "Foster always ends up winning a starting job" theory.