PDA

View Full Version : Tyronn Lue joins the Bucks

Basketball Fan
07-16-2008, 10:21 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53623/20080716/lue_signs_with_bucks/

Lue Signs WIth Bucks

Jul 16, 2008 9:58 PM EST
The Phoenix Suns and Boston Celtics both missed out on their free agent target on Wednesday, when point guard Tyronn Lue agreed to a two year contract with the Milwaukee Bucks, the East Valley Tribune is reporting.

Lue signed for the bi-annual exception of $1.9 million, which Phoenix did not have available after using the exception on Grant Hill last season.

The move comes as a double blow for the Celtics, who earlier in the day lost free agent James Posey to the New Orleans Hornets.

The Suns will now look at Sam Cassell, Jason Williams, and Shaun Livingston, or they could try to trade to find a backup for Steve Nash.

blanket
07-16-2008, 10:24 PM
Tinsley, anyone?

LoneGranger33
07-16-2008, 10:26 PM
This is interesting. Mo Williams, Ramon Sessions and now Tyronne Lue? Something may be about to break.

rexnom
07-16-2008, 10:28 PM
I can't remember who it was but someone said that as the FA market dries up...Tinsley will become more and more attractive.

LoneGranger33
07-16-2008, 10:38 PM
Alcohol also does the trick.

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/50830839.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CE58C2B533D9F4B858 A40A659CEC4C8CB6

Doddage
07-17-2008, 12:17 AM
Bye Mo... Although this sucks because that's another pg on the market which would drive our offers for tinsley down. Granted mo's contract is arguably worse, but he may be seen as a better player by other teams. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the heat make a push, which would suck because that decreases our already low chances to land haslem... But mo's a better complement to wade than tins.

lenin_fresh
07-17-2008, 01:56 AM
Wait, I know I have to be misunderstanding something, the impression that article gave me was that Phoenix is trying to replace Steve Nash? :confused:

I'm sure that's not the case since they're flying names like Jason Williams, but I wanted to be sure.

Spirit
07-17-2008, 01:59 AM
I would go nuts if the Pacers got Nash somehow lol

Mourning
07-17-2008, 02:18 AM
The article is mentioning that the Suns are looking for a backup for Nash ;).

tadscout
07-17-2008, 02:26 AM
Bye Mo... Although this sucks because that's another pg on the market which would drive our offers for tinsley down. Granted mo's contract is arguably worse, but he may be seen as a better player by other teams. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the heat make a push, which would suck because that decreases our already low chances to land haslem... But mo's a better complement to wade than tins.

I don't really think Lue or Sessions are good enough to be a starter... I'd think they'd be considered weak at PG if they would trade Williams now...

lenin_fresh
07-17-2008, 02:28 AM
The article is mentioning that the Suns are looking for a backup for Nash ;).

Okay cool, thanks. I didn't think they were looking to trade him for Tinsley or anything like that, but I didn't know just how big of a panic mode Phoenix was in right now if any and it sounded kind of sort of crazy enough to be true.

Kuq_e_Zi91
07-17-2008, 02:28 AM
I remember I read in an article that Steve Kerr is considering sitting Nash out some games during the season to give his body some rest.
He's getting up there and Kerr is basically just looking for a veteran PG who can come in and run the team.

Naptown_Seth
07-17-2008, 06:49 PM
Alcohol also does the trick.
Pushing back for the lead as Funniest poster. Redd's dark humor in the "brawl" thread didn't help his case either. ;)

Doddage
07-17-2008, 06:53 PM
I don't really think Lue or Sessions are good enough to be a starter... I'd think they'd be considered weak at PG if they would trade Williams now...
Maybe not, but with how Sessions produced down the stretch last season, the team could very well entrust him with the starting job. Could have been fool's gold, but the point is Mo's a bad contract for them and I'm sure they'd prefer to roll the dice with Sessions as their starting PG.

Justin Tyme
07-17-2008, 08:13 PM

And to think a year ago numerous posters wanted him as a Pacer. Thank you TPTB you didn't get crazy and sign him!

Didn't the Heat want him as FA last year, but he re-signed with the Bucks?