PDA

View Full Version : Lin's Dunn Enough

ABADays
07-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Lose to expansion Atlanta? At home? 2 wins prior to today? Cya Lin. Maybe this time an effort will be made to find a coach instead of an old,old, old retread.

I have to say I'm begining to wonder about Catching's return.

Aw Heck
07-16-2008, 10:36 PM
Yeah, Lin Dunn is definitely gone after this season. I know the team has several new players and Tamika has been coming back from an injury. But this team --on paper at least-- should not be a .500 team.

idioteque
07-17-2008, 01:18 PM
They should fire her immediately. I hardly know anything about women's basketball and after briefly looking at her resume after the Fever hired her realized that she was terrible and had no business coaching any WNBA team.

NuffSaid
07-17-2008, 05:42 PM
The season's too short; it's only 37 games long. With only 14 games remaining and being only 5 games out of 1st place, I doubt Lin gets the ax just yet, but unless this team is able to get on some sure footing and put together a few wins and get to the post-season, I'd say Lin's days could be numbered.

Shade
07-18-2008, 01:38 PM
I still don't understand why they fired Winters. I thought this was a very questionable call when it happened and it looks even worse now.

ABADays
07-19-2008, 01:09 PM
Nice. Follow up a loss to an expansion team by blowing a 17-point lead - both at home.

grace
07-19-2008, 02:46 PM
When Katie came to the team I thought for sure I'd be able to talk Kegboy into getting season tickets again, but mostly because of the coach he wouldn't do it. I guess he really can predict the future.

grace
07-28-2008, 12:34 AM
How much do you wanna bet that since the Fever actually won a game going into the Olympic break they won't fire her sorry butt. :mad:

ABADays
07-28-2008, 05:07 PM
I don't know. If I were in charge it would be a done deal.

grace
07-28-2008, 08:41 PM
If you were in charge things would be a lot better.

Roaming Gnome
07-30-2008, 11:55 PM
Is there any insight on why they let B. Winters go? I know that Grace mentioned it possibly being Kroskoph's "bright idea", but is there any reason, or even inteligent speculation why he was let go?

I could understand it if they thought they were bringing in a closer as a coach, but Lin Dunn doesn't have the accolades to be dumping the date that got you there.

I know Dunn is recognized locally, but I would like to think more went into that hire then that.

grace
07-31-2008, 04:04 PM
I think it boiled down to they couldn't get into the finals to TPTB thought they needed a new coach.

Arcadian
08-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Brian Winters was a Donnie guy. That could have something to do with it.

grace
08-05-2008, 01:51 PM
What I want to know is what is wrong with the Fever organization that the best coach they could find was their assistant who hasn't done jack :censored:. I think it has something to do with the fact that the team isn't drawing; therefore they don't want to spend money on a coach. At first glance hiring Dunn would make sense because of her ties to Purdue, until you remember why she's not there anymore and then you wonder just how stupid Kelly Krauskopf really is.

Putnam
11-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Excue me for meddling in this section, where I know nothing and have no opinions.

I'm posting this just so "Absolutely Ridiculous" doesn't stay at the top headline of the Fever section on the main screen of PD until next summer.

Shade
11-14-2008, 03:38 PM
Lin Dunn retained as the Fever's coach next season? Not a Redickulous thought.

:mad:

grace
11-14-2008, 09:43 PM
I could start a threat titled "Most Asinine Move Ever."