PDA

View Full Version : Posey to Hornets

DrBadd01
07-16-2008, 05:55 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8350772?MSNHPHMA

Good signing by New Orleans.

Doddage
07-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Good pickup. They were a solid team last year as they were, now this just makes them even better with the lockdown defensive presence at the perimeter they didn't have before.

Sucks for Boston, though.

CableKC
07-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Cool.....now Posey can harass Kobe for 5 games a year.

Justin Tyme
07-16-2008, 06:03 PM
JP got his 4 year contract afterall. I truly didn't believe he'd get it.

BlueNGold
07-16-2008, 06:12 PM
Posey was an important part of that championship. He hit a number of crucial shots. Big loss for Boston. I suspect this means N.O. will be going further...

JayRedd
07-16-2008, 06:27 PM
Peja/Posey/Julian Wright gives Byron just about every type of look he could ever want on the wing. Throw in Mo Pete, the presumed re-signing of Janero and the return of Casual Rasual, and all they really need is some muscle inside to backup Tyson and West. I thought either Hilton Armstrong or Melvin Ely could fill that role at least somewhat, but neither showed anything last year, and turned into absolute pumpkins in the Playoffs.

LoneGranger33
07-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Posey was an important part of that championship. He hit a number of crucial shots. Big loss for Boston. I suspect this means N.O. will be going further...

Am I in my cabin dreaming, or are you really scheming,
To take my ship away from me?

Youd better think about it, I just cant live without it.
So, please dont take my ship from me.
Yeah, yeah, yeah...

Your Captain,
Kevin Garnett

Basketball Fan
07-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Cool.....now Posey can harass Kobe for 5 games a year.

Actually it would be 4 and who's to say Posey will keep on playing hard? Usually when these role players get paid they slack off.

idioteque
07-16-2008, 09:13 PM
James Posey just became the Dominic Rhodes of the NBA, at least his contract is guarenteed.

Arcadian
07-16-2008, 09:17 PM
Great signing even if he did pee in a cop car. I think he's on his way to becoming the next Bob Horry.

Robertmto
07-17-2008, 12:50 AM
Chris Paul just smiled a little

Spirit
07-17-2008, 01:17 AM
I don't like Posey.. I don't know why. I know the way he plays with his mouthpiece annoys me though.

Unclebuck
07-17-2008, 09:24 AM
Since Posey has turned into Robert Horry, we should all expect the Hornets to win the championship next season - place your bets now

JayRedd
07-17-2008, 09:38 AM
Already did.

Vince Neil
07-17-2008, 09:40 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8350772?MSNHPHMA

Good signing by New Orleans.

meh.........:rolleyes:

I'm surprised someone did give him 4 yrs and over 6 million per season. Not worth it IMHO.

DGPR
07-17-2008, 09:47 AM
Picking up Posey in the off-season is a good move for the Hornets. Now selling that draft pick isn't looking so bad after all, and New Orleans fans can just forget all about it.

rexnom
07-17-2008, 10:21 AM
Already did.
I'll take the field...

carpediem024
07-17-2008, 11:11 AM
Since Posey has turned into Robert Horry, we should all expect the Hornets to win the championship next season - place your bets now
I still believe my Lakers can make another push at it. The Hornets killed the Lakers when Pau sprained his ankle the first quarter then the Lakers dismantled them the next time they met. Even with the addition of Posey I think the Lakers could beat the Hornets in a series. But it'll be a really tough one. But at least guaranteed fun to watch.

As for Boston, they will be back in the Finals next year. Bet that.

JayRedd
07-17-2008, 12:02 PM
I'll take the field...

If your current sig wasn't so amazing, I'd go double or nothing. Let's let Rasho is amazing! stick around fora while before we go forcing you into something else.

naptownmenace
07-17-2008, 03:11 PM
This probably opens the way for Kareem Rush. The Celts were reportedly interested in signing him. I think he'd be a good fit although he's not the defender or shooter Posey is.

Young
07-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Wow this is a big loss for the Celtics. Posey was one of the key players. They are going to miss him and have a very hard time replacing him.

Great pickup for the Hornets though.

MyFavMartin
07-17-2008, 11:44 PM
Wow this is a big loss for the Celtics. Posey was one of the key players. They are going to miss him and have a very hard time replacing him.

Great pickup for the Hornets though.

Agreed on both accounts. Posey really helped Boston on the perimeter d. They will have trouble addressing this loss without breaking up the Three Amigos.

BlueNGold
07-17-2008, 11:51 PM
I still believe my Lakers can make another push at it. The Hornets killed the Lakers when Pau sprained his ankle the first quarter then the Lakers dismantled them the next time they met. Even with the addition of Posey I think the Lakers could beat the Hornets in a series. But it'll be a really tough one. But at least guaranteed fun to watch.

As for Boston, they will be back in the Finals next year. Bet that.

Boston had their day in the sun. It was nice to see Garnett win, but they are one and done. They will be less hungry, they are not getting any younger and other teams are not far behind. Someone will step up and take them down...

rexnom
07-18-2008, 12:08 AM
Boston had their day in the sun. It was nice to see Garnett win, but they are one and done. They will be less hungry, they are not getting any younger and other teams are not far behind. Someone will step up and take them down...
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GgcetaNH_48&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GgcetaNH_48&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Less hungry? Hello? Have you met this guy? Remember when Boston supposedly needed a year "to gel" and this upcoming year would be their year? Yeah, this hurts but they still have to be the favorites going in to next year.