View Full Version : Washington has enquired about Harrington

Will Galen
06-15-2004, 07:57 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A41879-2004Jun14.html

Wizards' Hayes in Bulls' Eyes

By Steve Wyche
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, June 15, 2004;

AUBURN HILLS, Mich., June 14 -- The Chicago Bulls have approached the Washington Wizards about trading the No. 3 pick in the June 24 draft and a lesser-salaried player for second-year forward Jarvis Hayes and Washington's fifth overall draft selection, according to sources in Washington and Chicago, who did not want to be named.

The sources said the deal is unlikely to transpire because the Wizards do not plan on moving Hayes, last year's No. 10 pick and a member of the all-star rookie team this season. However, an employee with the Bulls has been doing background checks on Hayes, the source in Washington said. Chicago would have to include a lower-salaried player to make such a deal work under the NBA's trade rules that require salaries be of equal or near-equal value.

Wizards President of Basketball Operations Ernie Grunfeld said, "I don't comment on conjecture and rumor."

The Wizards have had trade talks with several teams with a source claiming Washington has inquired about Indiana Pacers forward Al Harrington. However, no deals are imminent.

That's not really news. The Pacer's have made it known Al is tradable, so it follows most teams would equire about him. I like it better when they name names so we can discuss it.

Peck
06-15-2004, 08:01 AM
They'd never do this as I have it but this works on realgm.

Indiana trades: PF Al Harrington (13.3 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.7 apg in 30.9 minutes)
Indiana receives: SG Larry Hughes (18.8 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 2.4 apg in 33.8 minutes)
C Brendan Haywood (7.0 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 0.6 apg in 19.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +12.5 ppg, +3.9 rpg, and +1.3 apg.

Washington trades: SG Larry Hughes (18.8 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 2.4 apg in 33.8 minutes)
C Brendan Haywood (7.0 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 0.6 apg in 19.3 minutes)
Washington receives: PF Al Harrington (13.3 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.7 apg in 79 games)
Change in team outlook: -12.5 ppg, -3.9 rpg, and -1.3 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Jose Slaughter
06-15-2004, 09:54 AM
Peck

Try again & see if you can get us Etan Thomas & Steve Blake. :)

indygeezer
06-15-2004, 10:05 AM
How about smoke screens being sent up by both the P and the Bull's trying to show that 'Hey, we don't need your deal, we can get so and so in a trade"...negotiating ploy, trying to make the other team desperate?

I wonder if some of the leaked rumors aren't just that...with no intention of trading with, say the Bulls. Perhaps Indiana trys to pry someone away from say...GOlden State so they start rumors about Indy-Chicago deal and get em going hot and heavy. Put some pressure under the other team.

bulletproof
06-15-2004, 10:54 AM
Al and Bender for Pierce.

sweabs
06-15-2004, 10:56 AM

Is this another of your "inside" scoops? :cool:

bulletproof
06-15-2004, 11:02 AM

Is this another of your "inside" scoops? :cool:

I've heard some things, but my point was, if Al is traded, expect a trade you don't expect. ;)

smoothie
06-15-2004, 11:21 AM
I've heard some things, but my point was, if Al is traded, expect a trade you don't expect. ;)

i don't expect al to be traded for a small foward :P

Snickers
06-15-2004, 11:32 AM

i don't expect al to be traded for a small foward :P

Shh!! They'll hear you! :mad:

Now we need to counteract this bad karma....

I don't expect him to be traded for Tim Duncan. :cool:

smoothie
06-15-2004, 11:37 AM
wooops! did mean to send out bad karma :angel:

TheSauceMaster
06-15-2004, 11:37 AM
How about smoke screens being sent up by both the P and the Bull's trying to show that 'Hey, we don't need your deal, we can get so and so in a trade"...negotiating ploy, trying to make the other team desperate?

I wonder if some of the leaked rumors aren't just that...with no intention of trading with, say the Bulls. Perhaps Indiana trys to pry someone away from say...GOlden State so they start rumors about Indy-Chicago deal and get em going hot and heavy. Put some pressure under the other team.

Exactly , I would take anything being tossed around right now with a grain of salt.