View Full Version : Ford, Jack, McRoberts, press conference post #23

Vince Neil
07-16-2008, 12:49 PM
From the Star:

July 16, 2008

Four new Pacers won't look back

By Mike Wells
mike.wells@indystar.com

What happened on and off the court to the Indiana Pacers is in the past -- according to the new players the franchise acquired in trades last month.

The new focus is on the present, which includes ending a two-year hiatus from the playoffs.

"I think this is a change for all of us and we all want to be part of the change," new point guard T.J. Ford said today. "The changing of the views of Indiana Pacers basketball and we're to continue to get the fans back in the building. ... We want to give them our best effort every night, every day in practice and definitely surprise a lot of people in the NBA and show them that Pacers basketball is back."

Ford, Jarrett Jack, former Carmel High School star Josh McRoberts and Maceo Baston were introduced at a news conference at Conseco Fieldhouse today. Rookies Brandon Rush and Roy Hibbert were introduced Tuesday.

"I'm speechless having a chance to have a dream come true," McRoberts said. "To be up here, to be an Indiana Pacer. I'm very excited and looking forward to getting the season started and bringing back great pride that's here in Indiana."

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080716/SPORTS04/807160463

t1hs0n
07-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Ol' McBob doesn't sound very douche'y in that quote.

Trader Joe
07-16-2008, 12:58 PM
I hope McBob makes me look like a moron when all is said and done. (He wouldn't be the first.)

But quite honestly what else would you expect the Indiana native to say?

Vince Neil
07-16-2008, 01:01 PM
I hope McBob makes me look like a moron when all is said and done. (He wouldn't be the first.)

This is what he should have said:

"I'm speechless having a chance to have a dream come true," McRoberts said. "To be up here, to be a Fort Wayne Mad Ant. I'm very excited and looking forward to getting the season started and bringing back great pride that's here in Fort Wayne."

circlecitysportsfan
07-16-2008, 01:05 PM
I'm glad that he's happy to be here. Now he still needs to make the team.

t1hs0n
07-16-2008, 01:11 PM

"I am very sorry for the huge mistake that I made by not attending an Indiana college. I can't justify my reasoning for signing with a hated out of state rival. I will hence forth rectify the situation by committing seppoku during half time of the home opener to ease the great shame I have brought to Indiana basketball and the state as a whole."

:dunno:

Something like that.

Trader Joe
07-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Meh. I could care less about what college he went to. I wouldn't be angry if we went and got Oden or Conley.

idioteque
07-16-2008, 01:17 PM
It was McRoberts' own personal decision to go to Duke and frankly it annoys me that people think just because he is from Indiana he is OBLIGATED to go to an Indiana college. That is not the case. Unless you're living McRoberts' life you have no authority to tell or even suggest where he should have went to school.

And this is coming from someone who hates Duke with a passion.

duke dynamite
07-16-2008, 01:39 PM
from our beloved travmil on the Indystar article:

I'd settle for staying off the police blotter, then worry about the playoffs.

Ha. I thought all this was behind us. It's now time to focus on winning.

I'm a little disappointed in him.

rel
07-16-2008, 01:43 PM
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/81952853.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B869679A269F9CCBFCFA7B6737E7877 B1DC5372FFCBAEC3

Ford rockin' the 5, though wouldn't be surprised if it'll be 11 opening day

Unclebuck
07-16-2008, 01:43 PM
I have no idea if McRoberts can play in the NBA or not. But for the narrow minded IU fans to hold it against him for not going to IU is absurd.

Trader Joe
07-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Is there a narrow minded IU fan holding it against him in this thread? I don't think he's that good. It's not like I'd be doing backflips if the Pacers signed Calbert Cheaney or traded for Jared Jeffries.

Hicks
07-16-2008, 01:48 PM
I have no idea if McRoberts can play in the NBA or not. But for the narrow minded IU fans to hold it against him for not going to IU is absurd.

Agreed.

naptownmenace
07-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Hopefully they'll have the rest of the press conference on Pacers.com this afternoon.

Vince Neil
07-16-2008, 01:51 PM

I believe you are referring to Purdue fans. IU fans would NEVER be so narrow minded............................................ .............................

duke dynamite
07-16-2008, 01:53 PM
I like how this has gotten off topic to an IU vs. Duke vs. Purdue thread...

At least McBob is excited to be back home. I just hope he uses that excitement to bring out some good basketball.

There, end of story.

MagicRat
07-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Mike Davis vs Mike Krzyzewski

Not really a tough call, unfortunately.....

Jonathan
07-16-2008, 02:14 PM
People will you please stop insulting Josh Mc Roberts. The kid was a very good high school player at Carmel. He was not a superstar. He played excellent team basketball. It is not his fault that rivals.com ranked him the best player in the country his senior year. I do not care he went to Duke. I am not upset Zeller, May, or Montross went to North Carolina either. I wish him the best of luck and feel that O'Brien's system will fit his style of play. Our roster is not a finished product yet, so lets see what happens b/f we cut him from the TEAM.

LG33
07-16-2008, 02:43 PM
So wait, we're not gonna get video footage of either conference? What's that all about? Bin Laden has a better AV department.

croz24
07-16-2008, 03:09 PM
anybody that knows josh, knows that he's a little *****

Los Angeles
07-16-2008, 03:22 PM
That's easy to say on the internet.

croz24
07-16-2008, 03:24 PM
just 3 years ago, josh was at carmel high school. is it really that far-fetched that many of the members on this board have met or know josh?

Vince Neil
07-16-2008, 03:48 PM
The presser and transcript are up on pacers.com.......................

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/movement_hq_2008.html

Speed
07-16-2008, 03:56 PM
anybody that knows josh, knows that he's a little *****

I'm pretty sure I was too at 17 or 18.

Slick Pinkham
07-16-2008, 04:02 PM

You are over-simplifying the reasons people dislike him.

Didn't he also fail to win the Mr. Basketball award for best Indiana high school player, so he then refused to try out for the all-star team that plays against KY high-schoolers every year, in which all team slots except for Mr. Basketball are determined by try-outs?

It's this prima-donna personna that spawns most of the dislike.

Then in college he was such a whiner and flopper that fans of other teams really grew to dislike him. That had nothing to do with disgruntled IU fans too.

Speed
07-16-2008, 04:13 PM
Bill Benner wrote this article?????? I thought he was at IBJ now, where is Bruno.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/new_players_080716.html

Unclebuck
07-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Bill Benner wrote this article?????? I thought he was at IBJ now, where is Bruno.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/new_players_080716.html

Yeah I noticed that also. Have no idea why he wrote it

croz24
07-16-2008, 04:27 PM
http://deadspin.com/sports/college-basketball/the-lovely-ladies-of-duke-248399.php

last 10 seconds of the video is all you need. josh wasn't just hated in high school by his own teammates and fans, duke fans hated him as well.

Raoul Duke
07-16-2008, 05:02 PM
Where was Rasho? I'm excited about Jack, I think he'll be good here.

Gyron
07-16-2008, 05:05 PM
Rasho is playing in the Tournament overseas right now.

Peck
07-16-2008, 05:13 PM
I don't know McRoberts from McDonalds but I know one damn thing, I hate him wearing that number.;) As much as I hate Rush for wearing # 25.:(

CableKC
07-16-2008, 05:36 PM
The link now also has video of today and yesterday's press conference.

CableKC
07-16-2008, 05:43 PM
Well......JO'B is "talking the talk" when it comes to defense........I really hope that "we walk the walk" this season on the defensive end.

BTW...I'm not knocking him about his comments....I certainly applaud him for recognizing that the defense was "horrible".....but when it comes to defense...I have to see it happen in an up-tempo offense.

idioteque
07-16-2008, 05:49 PM
just 3 years ago, josh was at carmel high school. is it really that far-fetched that many of the members on this board have met or know josh?

Okay, how many atomic wedgies did he give you in freshman gym?

I don't really understand all the McBob hate. I haven't heard an account of him rescuing wounded baby ducks from a tornado and I don't expect to, but I think some of this has to be based on jealousy. Hell, if I knew a guy who was in the NBA and dated LC from the Hills, I'd be jealous, too.

I actually am a friend of a friend of his and based on the few times I have met him he seemed like a decent guy.

CableKC
07-16-2008, 05:51 PM
It sounds like JO'B is going to use JJ at a combo-guard....both at the backup PG and SG spots.

idioteque
07-16-2008, 05:57 PM
It sounds like JO'B is going to use JJ at a combo-guard....both at the backup PG and SG spots.

I would expect him to. I saw a lot of Blake/Jack on the court at the same time for the Blazers last year.

CableKC
07-16-2008, 05:59 PM
Just to add more fuel to the fire....I read this from DraftExpress regarding McRoberts early stint this year in the D-League.

I have not really seen him play...so I have no clue what he's really like...but I'm not entirely impressed so far after reading this assessment.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/NBA-D-League-Showcase,-Day-Four/

From DraftExpress.com
Written by Jonathan Givony

January 18, 2008
The ship continues to sink for the former top ranked player in the 2005 high school class, as after laying an egg in his first game here, he proceeded to have an even worse outing tonight, shooting 2-10 from the field. Josh McRoberts clearly doesn’t want to be here—that much is obvious from his body language, seemingly floating up and down the floor aimlessly “with his thumb up his [rear end]” as one longtime NBA scout put it. He’s coming off the bench behind two undrafted players in Lance Allred and Cory Violette who look destined for Europe—and quite frankly has not made any type of case for himself to be receiving minutes over them.

Offensively, McRoberts does not seem to have a consistent way of creating points for himself. He looked incredibly soft in the post, fading away from contact, being unable or unwilling to use his body to create space, showing very little in the ways of actual post moves, and settling for bad shots. On the perimeter, McRoberts is making things way too difficult on himself, pulling up off the dribble on more than one occasion for mid-range jumpers (air-balling one of his attempts), and even trying to shoot an NBA 3-pointer.

Defensively, McRoberts could not stay in front of any of the D-League players he tried to guard tonight, and did not really put much effort at all into this part of his game--being outhustled for rebounds as well. Opposing players have been going right at him in both games we saw here, and McRoberts really hasn’t responded to the challenge in the least bit.

The sooner McRoberts realizes how far he is right now from being an NBA player, the better off he’ll be. From what we can tell, the Development League is exactly the place he needs to be at the moment. His lofty recruiting rankings from high school will only take him so far at this point, as he looks pretty close to turning into a cautionary tale if he’s not careful.
Admittedly...this is a snapshot from one single day. I don't mind giving him a shot....but I'm guessing that he will be one of the players cut before too long.

Doddage
07-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Okay, how many atomic wedgies did he give you in freshman gym?

I don't really understand all the McBob hate. I haven't heard an account of him rescuing wounded baby ducks from a tornado and I don't expect to, but I think some of this has to be based on jealousy. Hell, if I knew a guy who was in the NBA and dated LC from the Hills, I'd be jealous, too.

I actually am a friend of a friend of his and based on the few times I have met him he seemed like a decent guy.
I went to CHS and the dude was very cocky back then. Maybe he's changed since, but I'd doubt it... he threw a fit after being taken in the 2nd round last year.

With that said, if he's competitive and plays to the potential that he had, I wouldn't be opposed to him cracking a spot in the rotation. I never wish failure on anyone on my team, regardless of the feelings I may have towards them.

Trader Joe
07-16-2008, 06:18 PM
I love how its considered totally far fetched that some of us who were in high school in the same area as McRoberts might know him and might have found him to be a cocky, arrogant, a-hole. Yet all the time on this board we see the term thug getting thrown around on guys that most people have probably never even met. I find that very, very interesting.

As far as all 17-18 year olds being a-holes or immature, I guess you would be entitled to your opinion, but I can say that most people I knew I would not classify as either of those things most people had reached a certain level of maturity by high school, IMO.

idioteque
07-16-2008, 07:16 PM
I love how its considered totally far fetched that some of us who were in high school in the same area as McRoberts might know him and might have found him to be a cocky, arrogant, a-hole. Yet all the time on this board we see the term thug getting thrown around on guys that most people have probably never even met. I find that very, very interesting.

I've never used the word "thug" to denote my personal opinion of a Pacer.

But why does everyone hate McRoberts for being cocky and arrogant? Because he was playing basketball and getting chicks at school while other people were at home playing Madden and eating nachos? I really don't get it why anyone particulary cares if he is a jerk (I don't think he is). What has he personally done to people to make them so mad?

As long as a player plays well, stays out of trouble, and at least does a really good job pretending to care about the community and making a difference through some sort of action, that's fine for me. They don't have to have the personalities of guys I would go have a beer with. They don't even have to be approachable when they're not out in the community representing the team. I have no desire to have pro athlete friends.

If you want pro athletes to have personalities like your friends that's your own opinion and I respect that. It's just not impotant to me.

lavell12
07-16-2008, 07:42 PM
I've never used the word "thug" to denote my personal opinion of a Pacer.

But why does everyone hate McRoberts for being cocky and arrogant? Because he was playing basketball and getting chicks at school while other people were at home playing Madden and eating nachos? I really don't get it why anyone particulary cares if he is a jerk (I don't think he is). What has he personally done to people to make them so mad?

As long as a player plays well, stays out of trouble, and at least does a really good job pretending to care about the community and making a difference through some sort of action, that's fine for me. They don't have to have the personalities of guys I would go have a beer with. They don't even have to be approachable when they're not out in the community representing the team. I have no desire to have pro athlete friends.

If you want pro athletes to have personalities like your friends that's your own opinion and I respect that. It's just not impotant to me.

Duke fan here, some fans thought he was a bit overrated and didn't live up to the hype but nothing about him personally or anything. He didn't seem like a jerk to his teammates or anything at Duke. His problem was he was supposed to be the go-to-guy but was without any real help.

aceace
07-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Mike Davis vs Mike Krzyzewski

Not really a tough call, unfortunately.....My exact thoughts!

I think he has a chance being 6'11. During his senior year in H.S. I thought he was easily the best big guy in the country. Not sure what happened but I think he plays this year.

LG33
07-16-2008, 08:56 PM

Yeah, it seems as if T.J. Ford has already earned the starting job.

WetBob
07-16-2008, 09:48 PM

http://deadspin.com/sports/college-basketball/the-lovely-ladies-of-duke-248399.php

last 10 seconds of the video is all you need. josh wasn't just hated in high school by his own teammates and fans, duke fans hated him as well.

As an actual ex-teammate of Josh's in high school, I can tell you that everything you wrote is not only fundamentally absurd, but it is completely baseless.

LG33
07-16-2008, 09:52 PM

As an actual ex-teammate of Josh's in high school, I can tell you that everything you wrote is not only fundamentally absurd, but it is completely baseless.

Maybe completely wasn't the word you were looking for.

Trader Joe
07-16-2008, 09:53 PM
LG, I thought the same thing. Made me chuckle.

WetBob
07-16-2008, 09:54 PM
Maybe completely wasn't the word you were looking for.

I'd like to know what he's basing it on then.

BlueNGold
07-16-2008, 09:55 PM
McRoberts is unlikely to be around long IMO...so don't get all worked up. In the meantime, be a little more careful. Some of these statements are bordering on defamation.

Libel: A false publication, as in a writing, that damages a person's reputation.

Edit: BTW, the assertion that his ex teammates hated him is the problem...because it's not a statement of opinion...but an assertion of a fact.

Trader Joe
07-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Well, I'm basing it on the fact that besides him being unfriendly to just about everyone he met, everytime I saw him in the same gym with his teammates, he'd be warming up on the other hoop by himself for a good portion of the time before the clock started the official countdown to tipoff.

JayRedd
07-16-2008, 09:57 PM
I'd like to know what he's basing it on then.

LoneGranger's just a giant smart-***, WetBob. You and your fantastic name should not take him seriously.

Trader Joe
07-16-2008, 09:57 PM
I've got 5:1 odds on WetBob actually being McBob.

Trader Joe
07-16-2008, 09:58 PM
McRoberts is unlikely to be around long IMO...so don't get all worked up. In the meantime, be a little more careful. Some of these statements are bordering on defamation.

Libel: A false publication, as in a writing, that damages a person's reputation.

Edit: BTW, the assertion that his ex teammates hated him is the problem...

Asserting that his teammates hated him is not even close to being libel. Mainly because it has be false. ;)

And if this is libel, so are a lot of other things said on here.

WetBob
07-16-2008, 09:59 PM
Well, I'm basing it on the fact that besides him being unfriendly to just about everyone he met, everytime I saw him in the same gym with his teammates, he'd be warming up on the other hoop by himself for a good portion of the time before the clock started the official countdown to tipoff.

What games were you watching? Open gym? That isn't even allowed according to the IHSAA, NCAA, or NBA rule books.

count55
07-16-2008, 10:00 PM
So, who was the filler in the McRoberts trade again? Maybe there might be a hidden gem there.

Trader Joe
07-16-2008, 10:01 PM
Before home games at least, McBob and the rest of Carmel would warm up in the gym before they came out for official warmups. Thats where I saw McBob uncork most of his ridiculous athleticism, pulling off many ridiculous dunks, including hooking his elbow over the rim.

WetBob
07-16-2008, 10:01 PM
Asserting that his teammates hated him is not even close to being libel. Mainly because it has be false. ;)

And if this is libel, so are a lot of other things said on here.

While he was at Duke his main criticism was that he passed too much and didn't look to score enough.

Sounds like a teammate anyone would hate.

Haha, and I can assure you I am not McRoberts. My name is a tribute to Bob Sanders from my Colts home board.

Trader Joe
07-16-2008, 10:02 PM
So, who was the filler in the McRoberts trade again? Maybe there might be a hidden gem there.

I hear we got this Brandon RUsh kid, but he's not supposed to be as good as Jerryd Bayless so who cares.

Trader Joe
07-16-2008, 10:03 PM
While he was at Duke his main criticism was that he passed too much and didn't look to score enough.

Sounds like a teammate anyone would hate.

Haha, and I can assure you I am not McRoberts. My name is a tribute to Bob Sanders from my Colts home board.

Whatever you say. ;)

I honestly have no idea how he treated his teammates other than working out on the opposite rim by himself which I saw several times. I base my opinion of Josh off the way he treated everyone else.

WetBob
07-16-2008, 10:03 PM
Before home games at least, McBob and the rest of Carmel would warm up in the gym before they came out for official warmups. Thats where I saw McBob uncork most of his ridiculous athleticism, pulling off many ridiculous dunks, including hooking his elbow over the rim.

Correct you are. We came out at 5 before the JV games to warm up, the varsity would be on one end, and JV on the other. I know you ever saw him by himself, because I was there.

WetBob
07-16-2008, 10:04 PM
Whatever you say. ;)

I honestly have no idea how he treated his teammates other than working out on the opposite rim by himself which I saw several times. I base my opinion of Josh off the way he treated everyone else.

I'm not going to turn this into a pissing match, I've just seen a lot of people say stuff as fact that isn't even close to the realm of truth.

count55
07-16-2008, 10:05 PM
I here we got this Brandon RUsh kid, but he's not supposed to be as good as Jerryd Bayless so who cares.

I thought we already had that guy.

Plus...isn't Jerryd Bayless that really irritating guy from Cold Pizza?

I'm confused.
:confused:

Ramitt
07-16-2008, 11:14 PM
This personal vendetta crap vs McRoberts is tiresome. Guy is a Pacer now and perhaps should be given a chance.

docpaul
07-16-2008, 11:27 PM
Some folks are turning this into a borderline-wierd local clique kind of thing. It has no place on this basketball message board. Go to the Indy Star forums with this nonsense.

Let's talk basketball.

DGPR
07-17-2008, 07:21 AM
I hope McBob can slam the basketball into the opposing team's goal.

Speed
07-17-2008, 07:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfDmm5uLokk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfDmm5uLokk)

On TJ Ford, the 4 minute mark when he is talking to Bosh, that is what I'm looking for, not the dunks or great handles.... the leadership, that speaks volumes.

MagicRat
07-17-2008, 08:33 AM
I don't see it online, but the Star had a little blurb this morning about TJ Ford wearing #5. It was his high school number and he plans to keep it. He planned on wearing it wherever he was traded.

Everybody can feel comfortable converting their Mercer jerseys now......

NapTonius Monk
07-17-2008, 09:06 AM
Does anyone else have a problem with McBob getting Dale's old number? I guess I never really thought of Dale as a "rafters" player, so I know his number isn't untouchable, but I'd still like to think of DD when I think #32.

BillS
07-17-2008, 09:26 AM
Does anyone else have a problem with McBob getting Dale's old number? I guess I never really thought of Dale as a "rafters" player, so I know his number isn't untouchable, but I'd still like to think of DD when I think #32.

If I can live with people thinking JT when they see #11 instead of my man Billy, I can live with that.

Peck, on the other hand... :maniac:

JayRedd
07-17-2008, 09:33 AM

I really wouldn't worry about it.

FrenchConnection
07-17-2008, 10:08 AM
I have something to add to the McRoberts debate.

1) I think that given that his name is not McRobert, that the nickname should have to be McBobs.

2) If we held arrogant behavior against our professional athletes, we would hate them all. In fact, if he plays with a chip on his shoulder, all the better.

Justin Tyme
07-17-2008, 11:32 AM
Go to the Indy Star forums with this nonsense.

Do they even have one?

tora tora
07-17-2008, 12:21 PM
I just hope there's a chance that Nesterovic will be moved again.

Justin Tyme
07-17-2008, 12:22 PM
On whether McRoberts makes it as a Pacer, he has a 1 yr $400,000 contract, so I'm not really expecting him to be a Pacer come the start of the season. As far as I'm concerned, he was nothing more than salary filler for this trade. BUT if he does make the team, I'll cheer just as hard for him as I would any other Pacer player, even though it really grates on me his refusal to play in the IN/KY Allstar game. It would be a classic storybook tale of a local boy making it, if he could become a nice rotational player for the Pacers. I just don't foresee that happening, but I would enjoy seeing it come true. Who knows maybe some of that ole #32 will rub off on him. Here's to hoping it does.

Justin Tyme
07-17-2008, 12:24 PM
I just hope there's a chance that Nesterovic will be moved again.

What is your reasoning behind that?

rexnom
07-17-2008, 12:31 PM
What is your reasoning behind that?
Yeah, I'm a very excited about the Rasho era.

Jonathan
07-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Mc Roberts mother is a really good looking lady.

MyFavMartin
07-17-2008, 01:11 PM

so that would make her mcboobs?

Pacers4Life
07-17-2008, 01:22 PM
so that would make her mcboobs?

come on dudes, are we for real? Not necessarily saying you're trying to hate on him seeing as how that could technically be a compliment but its high time to lay off him. He's a Pacer

MyFavMartin
07-17-2008, 02:59 PM
come on dudes, are we for real? Not necessarily saying you're trying to hate on him seeing as how that could technically be a compliment but its high time to lay off him. He's a Pacer

That was a joke about his mom... adolescent humor... relax, take a deep breath, laugh, and then wait and see if he even makes the team...

travmil
07-17-2008, 03:05 PM
from our beloved travmil on the Indystar article:

Ha. I thought all this was behind us. It's now time to focus on winning.

I'm a little disappointed in him.

Hehe I just now saw this. To be fair I was responding to someone else there and not the article itself. But it is true. If they miss the playoffs but have no off court incidents that is still an improvement from last year. I didn't come by the DarkSider mood for no reason ya know...

Pacers4Life
07-17-2008, 06:55 PM
That was a joke about his mom... adolescent humor... relax, take a deep breath, laugh, and then wait and see if he even makes the team...

im up on the adolescent humor my man, i was in school same time as him. i was fortunate enough to watch him rape my schools basketball team several times...mans a d bag. but still, all the jokes are pointless

MyFavMartin
07-17-2008, 08:27 PM
... him rape my schools basketball team ... the jokes are pointless

And comparing a good performance in the game of basketball to sexual assualt is so much more acceptable?

Lighten up. It's a game.

And boobs are fun. (Guess you wouldn't know this. :rolleyes:)

Raoul Duke
07-17-2008, 08:49 PM

I wanna see a pic. Anyone?

Hicks
07-17-2008, 09:40 PM
And comparing a good performance in the game of basketball to sexual assualt is so much more acceptable?

Lighten up. It's a game.

And boobs are fun. (Guess you wouldn't know this. :rolleyes:)

There was enough hostility to last a year in the Brawl thread, let's put a stop to it now here, please.

CompACE
07-18-2008, 02:30 AM
I looked at our roster, and I didn't realize Maceo was 33 (years old) already. Also I'm still trying to get use to the fact that I'm probably older than 10% of the players in the league.

DGPR
07-18-2008, 08:34 AM
I looked at our roster, and I didn't realize Maceo was 33 (years old) already. Also I'm still trying to get use to the fact that I'm probably older than 10% of the players in the league.

I also just realized this by looking at the roster. If he's 33 years old why are people still talking about him just needing time to play in the right system?

Anthem
07-18-2008, 08:52 AM
I also just realized this by looking at the roster. If he's 33 years old why are people still talking about him just needing time to play in the right system?
He only came into the NBA a couple years ago.

Oneal07
07-18-2008, 09:51 AM
The press conference was refreshing to watch. They all talk about refreshing the pride of the Pacers. Which is a good

CableKC
07-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Despite being 33 years old.....it's sad that he is probably one of our more athletic Big Men that can play the PF spot ( sorry, I'm not a fan of playing Shawne as a PF ).

JayRedd
07-18-2008, 12:33 PM
There was enough hostility to last a year in the Brawl thread, let's put a stop to it now here, please.

That's pathetic.

I kid, I kid.

ChicagoJ
07-18-2008, 12:40 PM

Because he left the right system (EuroLeague) to establish himself as a 13th/14th man in the NBA?

Anthem
07-18-2008, 11:28 PM
Because he left the right system (EuroLeague) to establish himself as a 13th/14th man in the NBA?
I was pretty skeptical of Maceo when we signed him, and his first half-season didn't help him any. He always looked good on the court... look like he'd be able to defend, looked like he knew what he was doing, looked like he'd be able to score, etc. But he kept not making it.

Then, at one point (don't remember exactly), all of the sudden the switch flipped and he was right there. It was like he was used to a slower game, and kept being 5% behind. Then all of the sudden he made the adjustment and we had us a real NBA player. I know he didn't get much burn in GS or Tor, but I still like the guy. If we lost Foster or Murphy I'd be perfectly happy with Maceo getting all of the backup minutes at PF.