PDA

View Full Version : Madden NFL 09: Collector's Edition?

duke dynamite
07-15-2008, 08:00 PM
Just wanted to see who all will get which one. I am kind of torn. I wanted to get the regular edition and buy Head Coach 09 just since Tony Dungy is on the cover.

The collector's edition if you haven't heard already will feature both Madden NFL 09 and Head Coach 09 in a special collector's edition packaging marking the 20th Anniversary of the Madden NFL Franchise.

Now, since Brett Favre is acting like a baby and going nuts, I really don't feel like having his presence grace the cover art of my video game.

This puts me in a little bit of a pickle. As I said, I want Head Coach 09 alone with Dungy on the cover. But I dunno...

Regular:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c276/tlaurenzana/09.jpg

Collector's Edition (includes Head Coach 09):

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/images/360_madden09collectors.jpg

Head Coach 09:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c276/tlaurenzana/14.jpg

Haggard
07-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Dude, its only a cover. I dont like melo but I still bought NBA live whatever year he was on the cover..

I would get the collectors and probably save yourself a few bucks..

duke dynamite
07-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Dude, its only a cover. I dont like melo but I still bought NBA live whatever year he was on the cover..

I would get the collectors and probably save yourself a few bucks..

I collect the games as well as play them. I know to you it's just a cover, but to me it's a little more.

I knew I was going to get a "chill out, man" or "get over it".

If I buy the Collector's edition, I don't get Head Coach with Dungy on the cover, though. I want that.

Haggard
07-15-2008, 08:28 PM
Thats fair, covers aren't everything to me. I tend to worry more about the game itself.

In that case, stop thinking about and buy both separately.. its not often a local makes a cover of any game.

ajbry
07-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Why are they still making Head Coach?

Trader Joe
07-15-2008, 08:36 PM
Why are they still making Head Coach?

Cause people still buy it for some reason.

duke dynamite
07-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Cause people still buy it for some reason.

They have been working very hard on the new Madden edition. The gameplay and graphics look 100x better. I have been watching gameplay videos for the past 20 minutes or so and am very impressed.

I really don't want to play head coach, I just want it because Dungy is on the cover.

Trader Joe
07-15-2008, 08:48 PM
Sixty bucks is a lot to pay for a picture of Tony Dungy.

ajbry
07-15-2008, 08:55 PM
Sixty bucks is a lot to pay for a picture of Tony Dungy.

Agreed.

I'm hoping Madden is decent this year. I didn't get it last year - the only time I haven't in the 10+ years I've played it.

Robertmto
07-15-2008, 09:02 PM
FWIW, This is only the second edition of HC.

And Madden looks amazing. Hated 08, it was so easy

GO!!!!!
07-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Buy the Collectors Edition and download a cover off the net and insert in to the box after you have printed it off, or buy the headcoach next year when it's marked down... or photocopy some one else’s headcoach cover...

Good Luck, I understand your predicament

Ownagedood
07-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Can someone tell me how Head Coach is?? I have never really seen anything on it.. But I would be interested in trying it if i hear good things about it... And ya, I'm one that would lean even more to buying a game just because a colt/pacer was on the cover... It's just cool.. It makes the game even better, and makes ur collection even better having a home team guy...

And last year must have been a down year for madden.. I am one of the ones that never bought it as well.. And I ALWAYS buy it.. For some reason I just didn't really care to last year.. But im definitely getting it this year.