PDA

View Full Version : Would you guys welcome Spencer Hawes and Sheldon Williams?

MillerTime
07-15-2008, 06:52 AM
Pacers need a lot of help on their front court, thats not shock. Artest wants out of Sacramento, so their in need of a SF. How does this sound?

Trade Artest + filler for Lamar Odom. Then trade Spencer Hawes + Sheldon Williams + filler to Indy for Dunleavy

Lakers:
Fisher/Farmer
Kobe
Artest
Gasol
Bynum

Kings:
Beno
Martin
Dunleavy
Odom
Brad Miller

Pacers:
Ford/Jack
B.Rush/Daniels
Granger/Shawne Williams
Sheldon Williams
Hawes/Hibbert
***as for the future***

I still beleive in Sheldon's game.

DGPR
07-15-2008, 07:54 AM
I don't think the Kings would give up Hawes and Williams. IIRC Sheldon was one of the main pieces of the Mike Bibby trade.

PR07
07-15-2008, 08:00 AM
I think Shelden's a bust. For a four year player at Duke, his numbers are largely underwelming.

Doddage
07-15-2008, 08:04 AM
I doubt Sac would let go of Hawes... it seems like they're building towards the future right now with him, Martin, and Thompson. They'd probably trade him for something good, but I don't think Dun would make them budge. I'm sure they'd like him, but not at the expense of letting go of Hawes.

They'd probably be more willing to trade Brad.

count55
07-15-2008, 08:46 AM
Well, if Shelden Williams makes a really big leap, he'll be as productive as Ike Diogu...I'm unsure of Hawes.

Maybe Hawes makes it a good trade talentwise, but more likely, this just looks like a salary dump to me of a guy who's relatively productive.

Anthem
07-15-2008, 09:48 AM
Hawes and Williams? Sure... if we get Kevin Martin as filler.

Jonathan
07-15-2008, 10:01 AM
I am beginning to question the management of Sac Town. They draft Hawes & then Jason Thompson.

Putnam
07-15-2008, 10:06 AM
The Pacers don't need to keep making sideways trades.

Tom White
07-15-2008, 10:07 AM
MillerTime -

Why is it you seem to want to trade Dun every day?

Unclebuck
07-15-2008, 10:08 AM
The problem with the Pacers bigs (power forwards and centers) is a lack of quality - a star player - they have plenty of quantity. And I don't see this trade as helping really any

MillerTime
07-15-2008, 10:43 AM
MillerTime -

Why is it you seem to want to trade Dun every day?

because we're stacked with swingmen and need work on our front court. The only way we're going to get a good deal is to trade one of our swingman. Granger isnt going anywhere. Our future is with Granger and Rush. Dun doesnt really fit now. We have athletic guys now that can play both ends of the floor

Tom White
07-15-2008, 10:49 AM
because we're stacked with swingmen and need work on our front court. The only way we're going to get a good deal is to trade one of our swingman. Granger isnt going anywhere. Our future is with Granger and Rush. Dun doesnt really fit now. We have athletic guys now that can play both ends of the floor

Dun doesn't fit?
Did you watch him play last year?
Next to DG, he was the most productive player on the team, and many times was the most productive player.

It seems you want to turn over the future to Rush (at least in this thread) when he has not yet played a game for the team. Don't get me wrong, I'm expecting Rush to do good things as well, but we need to think about the present along with the future. Our immediate success depends on MD as well as DG and others.

Where is any experienced depth to come from if Granger shouold get injured? Williams? Are you kidding me? Dun is quite important to this team, now and in the future.

idioteque
07-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Absolutely not that trade is terrible.

We should just wait a year and draft a PF better than Hawes or Williams (not hard) or pick one up via trading an expiring/Shawne or free agency. We already have a developing big in Hibbert and we don't need another one. If we get a big it's someone TPTB see as will be able to help right away or it will be someone who has already made some sort of impact on the league.

And do that all while keeping our second most productive player. I don't mean to be personal or anything but this trade is so awful it is making my stomach crawl.

CableKC
07-15-2008, 12:33 PM
The Kings are in rebuilding mode...they are not going to trade Hawes or Williams.

Besides...they already have their future SG/SF rotation set with KMart/Salmons/Garcia EVEN if Artest is jettisoned to the nearest airlock.

At most...their interest would probably lie in Shawne Williams to help shore up the GF rotation.

avoidingtheclowns
07-15-2008, 12:45 PM
i would welcome them if they arrived to cattle prod tinsley all the way to sacto.