PDA

View Full Version : Al Harrington

bigdl
07-14-2008, 01:13 PM
I look at all of the talk about who we might get for Jamaal Tinsley, and the only player that seems to be a reasonable fit is Al Harrington.

Al would fit salary-wise and is an extra body at Golden State right now.
JT would fill the Warriors' current need for starting PG.

Al would provide us with a mobile PF who can put the ball in the hoop and score as well. He can play the low post. He can play defense. He can rebound. And he'd fit far better now with JO gone and Jim O'Brien's offense firmly in place.

The market for JT is very small, but does exist, yet many of the alternatives to AH are just awful.

Mark Blount from MIA? No thanks--a total stiff.

Jeffries? No power forward he, with a lousy contract and questionable upside.

Gadzuric? Another stiff.

S. Marion? You'd have to break the bank and break up the team to get him. Why?

Landry? Houston won't let him go unless we give him the full MLE, and we're trying to shed salary! And they sure as heck don't want JT in return even if we could pull off a sign and trade.

AH, however, would be a good fit at a position of need, and his contract comes off one year sooner than JT's. He wants out of GS, and he likes it in Indiana.

I'd make the deal if offered.

31andonly
07-14-2008, 01:19 PM
I'm not totally up to date. Why does Harrington want suddenly out of GS? Wasn't he the happiest man alive after the trade?
Not so long ago..if you ask me.

avoidingtheclowns
07-14-2008, 01:49 PM
okay now you're just trying to give d_c an aneurism

Kamiyohk
07-14-2008, 02:25 PM
How about Charlie Villanueva (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/charlie_villanueva/index.html?nav=page) ?
Bucks always want to trade this guy

Anthem
07-14-2008, 04:00 PM
I'd make the [Harrington] deal if offered.
I believe the kids say "duh."

Heck, I can't imagine turning down any of the guys you listed.

Mark Blount? Absolutely. Even if we bought him out, it would still be a lot cheaper than buying out Tinsley.

Jared Jeffries? Way overpaid, but a solid kid and he's local. I'd live with it.

Gadzuric? Definitely. Trade a PG we won't play for a legit big man? Done. So he's not a world-beater... he'd at least be in the rotation, which is more than Jamaal can say.

S. Marion? Obviously would require a lot more than Tinsley, but if it wasn't our core it would be a pretty amazing deal.

Landry? Like you said, Houston wouldn't be interested. But if they would, you take it and never look back.

==

Basically, there's hardly a player in the NBA that I'd turn down if offered a one-for-one swap with Jamaal. Jameer Nelson, nope. Other than that, any 1-for-1 trade in the NBA would be a good trade for the Pacers.

d_c
07-14-2008, 04:07 PM
To repeat again for about the 1000000th time:

1. Harrington doesn't like the way he's being used. Doesn't like guarding guys bigger than him and shooting 3s on offense to draw those bigmen out. Nellie doesn't like Harrington's game because he just doesn't rebound the ball well. The guy is not a good Nellie player.

2. The Warriors (like 29 other teams in the league) want nothing to do with Tinsley. Nothing. They are not trading Harrington's 2 year contract for Tinsley's 3. Won't happen.

They have a hole at PG? Yes. And with Tinsley on their team, they will STILL have a hole at PG, all the while still paying him $21M to be injured and a malcontent.

Bottom line: If Tinsley couldn't solve the Pacers' PG problems, I really doubt anyone else expects him to solve their's. Maybe with a small contract, someone might take a chance at trying to prove that theory wrong. But with 3 years and $21M left on his deal, I doubt anyone is going to be performing these kinds of high priced experiments.

NuffSaid
07-14-2008, 04:30 PM
How about Charlie Villanueva (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/charlie_villanueva/index.html?nav=page) ?
Eeeek! :eek: I don't think I could deal with ole Buckeyes in a Pacers uniform. The guy always looks so spooky to me.

Anthem
07-14-2008, 04:34 PM
They have a hole at PG? Yes. And with Tinsley on their team, they will STILL have a hole at PG, all the while still paying him $21M to be injured and a malcontent.
:chin: But what if we included....

Shawne Williams?

:signit:

Hey, think about who your GM is. It could happen.

grace
07-14-2008, 04:41 PM

Maybe they used to but now they have a new GM and coach. If they trade for Jamaal I might have to rethink my blind allegiance to Scott Skiles. On the other hand there is a slight possibility he might think he can slap Jamaal upside the head and miraculously make him a good basketball player again, but I doubt it.

CableKC
07-14-2008, 04:46 PM
I look at all of the talk about who we might get for Jamaal Tinsley, and the only player that seems to be a reasonable fit is Al Harrington.

Al would fit salary-wise and is an extra body at Golden State right now.
JT would fill the Warriors' current need for starting PG.

Al would provide us with a mobile PF who can put the ball in the hoop and score as well. He can play the low post. He can play defense. He can rebound. And he'd fit far better now with JO gone and Jim O'Brien's offense firmly in place.

The market for JT is very small, but does exist, yet many of the alternatives to AH are just awful.

Mark Blount from MIA? No thanks--a total stiff.

Jeffries? No power forward he, with a lousy contract and questionable upside.

Gadzuric? Another stiff.

S. Marion? You'd have to break the bank and break up the team to get him. Why?

Landry? Houston won't let him go unless we give him the full MLE, and we're trying to shed salary! And they sure as heck don't want JT in return even if we could pull off a sign and trade.

AH, however, would be a good fit at a position of need, and his contract comes off one year sooner than JT's. He wants out of GS, and he likes it in Indiana.

I'd make the deal if offered.
LOL.....you make it seem like we are in a position to expect something of value in return for Tinsley. With Tinsley's injuries and "supposed" issues that he has had with TPTB....we simply aren't in a position to demand "any player that isn't a stiff".

If the Bucks, Knicks and Heat were that desperate to even consider trading their garbage for our garbage....it would have happened a long time ago.

The best that we can expect is a warm body that has a comprable contract of equal guaranteed $$$, length of contract and isn't a GF. Honestly....if the Knicks were willing to trade Tinsley for Jerome James ( who has a smaller contract )....I would probably consider it.

ABADays
07-14-2008, 05:04 PM
If Tinsley is the stifferest who is the least stiffest that would work for us?

Pacers
07-14-2008, 06:50 PM
To repeat again for about the 1000000th time:

2. The Warriors (like 29 other teams in the league) want nothing to do with Tinsley. Nothing. They are not trading Harrington's 2 year contract for Tinsley's 3. Won't happen.

You know this...how?

The way I see it, Tinsley's off the court crap wouldn't bother any other fan base like it does ours. Other fans are too busy wanting to do anything to win to worry about what players do off the court. Take PacMan Jones, for instance. It took Nashville HOW long to get that guy out of there? Hell, Cincinnati is STILL giving Odell Thurman chances, to the point where his career may have to be ended by the Commish.

Add to that the fact that Tinsley was playing well this past season before he went down, and you have a semi-decent trade market.

BlueNGold
07-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Tinsley is a far better starter than Harrington ever was....and SJax appears to have worked out well for them. They should be able to get another steal from us. IMO, Tinsley is actually more talented than Stephen Jackson. Not worth anything to us, but at another zipcode he may turn it up. Aside from his supposed injuries...which I have some doubt exist...there is no reason for GS not to make that trade. Isn't Harrington paid more anyway...

Edit: to the previous posters point, Tinsley was playing the best ball of his life early last season. Push the button someone!!!

ajbry
07-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Tinsley is a far better starter than Harrington ever was....and SJax appears to have worked out well for them. They should be able to get another steal from us. IMO, Tinsley is actually more talented than Stephen Jackson. Not worth anything to us, but at another zipcode he may turn it up. Aside from his supposed injuries...which I have some doubt exist...there is no reason for GS not to make that trade. Isn't Harrington paid more anyway...

Edit: to the previous posters point, Tinsley was playing the best ball of his life early last season. Push the button someone!!!

Damn, you're laying it down pretty thick. Impressive actually.

Anthem
07-14-2008, 07:53 PM
Damn, you're laying it down pretty thick. Impressive actually.
He's hoping other GMs read message boards.

d_c
07-14-2008, 07:54 PM

Mass e-mail this out to every NBA team. The Pacers should have no problems trading Tinsley after reading this.

BlueNGold
07-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Mass e-mail this out to every NBA team. The Pacers should have no problems trading Tinsley after reading this.

I saw him at Wal-Mart with a cart full of Slim Fast. He should be ready in a month...

Bball
07-14-2008, 08:46 PM
I saw him at Wal-Mart with a cart full of Slim Fast. He should be ready in a month...

I saw him working on contested 3 pointers. I lost count at 147 made out of 150 taken. When he would miss he'd run toward the rim and the kid that was rebounding would throw an Alley Oop to Tinsley and he'd dunk it. He nailed all of those BUT he only missed 3 of the 150-3 pointers I saw so I don't know how many times he could keep jumping like that.

Obviously all that stair running is helping to strengthen his legs.

-Bball

TheSauceMaster
07-14-2008, 08:56 PM
I saw him working on contested 3 pointers. I lost count at 147 made out of 150 taken. When he would miss he'd run toward the rim and the kid that was rebounding would throw an Alley Oop to Tinsley and he'd dunk it. He nailed all of those BUT he only missed 3 of the 150-3 pointers I saw so I don't know how many times he could keep jumping like that.

Obviously all that stair running is helping to strengthen his legs.

-Bball

Now that's "Priceless" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

avoidingtheclowns
07-14-2008, 09:10 PM
Now that's "Priceless" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

you'd think so but all that can be yours for just three easy payments of $7.2mil. just call 1-900-AN1-MFKR today - david morway is standing by.

BlueNGold
07-15-2008, 12:15 AM
So, Golden State wants a PF who will rebound? Ok, Al Harrington for Troy Murphy...

MyFavMartin
07-15-2008, 11:17 AM
So, Golden State wants a PF who will rebound? Ok, Al Harrington for Troy Murphy...

Harrington for Tinsley, Diener, and Baston

maragin
07-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Count me in the "Do Not Want" crowd when it comes to Al Harrington.