PDA

View Full Version : Would you sign Noah to the full MLE?

Anthem
07-13-2008, 07:33 AM
Humor me.

Joakim Noah is suddenly released from his rookie contract. He tells the world that he'll sign with the first team to offer him the full MLE.

You're the Pacers management, with our current cap and roster situation. Would you offer him the MLE?

Mourning
07-13-2008, 07:38 AM
No way in HELL I would do that!!! Give me Btown!!! :dancers:

Erik
07-13-2008, 08:07 AM
I would.

count55
07-13-2008, 08:12 AM
I can't think of anyone you could get for the full MLE that I would make me want to exceed the tax threshhold.

Landry
07-13-2008, 08:20 AM
I can't think of anyone you could get for the full MLE that I would make me want to exceed the tax threshhold.

Yes, but by just 1.2 million - chump change in the NBA world. Like I said in the other topic, the cash considerations from the Portland deal would likely cover this, with money left over.

For the record, I voted yes. I like Landry better, but Noah looked solid himself.

Swingman
07-13-2008, 08:31 AM
Where's the option for "No, he's a cancer to the locker room and should not be allowed to infect our team"?

MillerTime
07-13-2008, 08:54 AM
Yes hes young, but hes kind of a Foster type of player (but younger). I would rather have Landry...he'll come cheaper than the full MLE

btowncolt
07-13-2008, 10:13 AM
No way in HELL I would do that!!! Give me Btown!!! :dancers:

Word up.

Thank you all for your votes. If elected, I promise to continue to ridicule Gyron at every opportunity and make tourists on the Washington DC Metro system uncomfortable with my gender-confused clothing and suggestive leering.

MyFavMartin
07-13-2008, 10:55 AM
Too me he's like Foster but a larger defensive liability. He might blossom into a better player, but I'm not sure he will. Great leadership qualities like Rasheed. Yeah, I'd take him at the MLE.

idioteque
07-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Noah doesn't have much upside to me. He's kind of like Foster except he's thinner, has less touch, can't rebound quite as well, and complains a lot. He also have a few character concerns if I'm not mistaken, so for the Pacers to sign him after this recent PR blitz we've had is ridiculous. His best season, he might average 10 points and 10 rebounds.

I'd be more inclined to give the MLE to Landry. Landry is a better scorer, averages less than 1 less rebound than Noah a game in slightly less MPG, and has more upside. He's already better than Noah and chances are the gap between them will increase as their careers progress. His post game now is better than Noah's will ever be. He also has no character issues that I'm aware of while Noah has always struck me as kind of a pain in the ***.

Young
07-13-2008, 11:11 AM
No way would I sign Noah to the MLE. Heck I don't think I would sign him to any contract.

He showed he can be a pretty solid player in this league. But I never have liked his personality and wouldn't want him near my team if I was in charge.

LoneGranger33
07-13-2008, 11:48 AM
http://thenastyboys.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/noah.jpg

Just look at the guy.

Mourning
07-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Word up.

Thank you all for your votes. If elected, I promise to continue to ridicule Gyron at every opportunity and make tourists on the Washington DC Metro system uncomfortable with my gender-confused clothing and suggestive leering.

:bowdown:

grace
07-13-2008, 12:33 PM
I voted too hastely. I'd like to change my vote to HELL YES, just to see Shade lose his mind yet again.

Bball
07-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Looking at that photo I have to ask myself a different question: Would Grace buy cotton candy from Noah?

JayRedd
07-13-2008, 12:42 PM
bQ3y5hTHuP4

rexnom
07-13-2008, 01:14 PM
Wow.

Cherokee
07-13-2008, 02:12 PM
That photo of Noah reminds me -- Bozo the Clown died this past week.

VF21
07-13-2008, 02:51 PM
I was really upset when Noah was taken right before our pick last year. But that was last year...

I've been very disappointed in what I've seen of him so far. I really thought he would be a good pick for you all and was hoping he'd grow and mature, and that his intensity and passion would be a positive force.

I see him doing one of two things:

1. Continuing on the path he's apparently picked, really making him worth less than the MLE.

2. Turning himself around, showing he can fully meet and exceed his potential, and becoming a major star for the Pacers, making him worth much more than the MLE.

So, having said that, I voted no because I don't think he'll ever be an MLE player. Above it? Hopefully? Below it? Quite possibly.

Gamble1
07-13-2008, 02:58 PM
I believe he had weed issues right?

I voted no.

imawhat
07-13-2008, 03:10 PM
I'd definitely take him without thinking twice.

I think he'll develop into a really good player. I'd love to have his energy on our team at the center position. I think he's an under-rated defender too.

BlueNGold
07-13-2008, 03:29 PM
The only thing that exceeds his stupid looking impressions are the things that come out of his mouth during an interview. Nimrod x 3. He's not good enough to carry that baggage around...

grace
07-13-2008, 04:24 PM
I was really upset when Noah was taken right before our pick last year. But that was last year...

I've been very disappointed in what I've seen of him so far. I really thought he would be a good pick for you all and was hoping he'd grow and mature, and that his intensity and passion would be a positive force.

I see him doing one of two things:

1. Continuing on the path he's apparently picked, really making him worth less than the MLE.

2. Turning himself around, showing he can fully meet and exceed his potential, and becoming a major star for the Pacers, making him worth much more than the MLE.

So, having said that, I voted no because I don't think he'll ever be an MLE player. Above it? Hopefully? Below it? Quite possibly.

I'm sure Brad was quite depressed he didn't get a weed smokin' buddy out of it.

As for buying cotton candy from him the answer would be no. Nowever, I would give him $10 to go shop his wears around where Shade sits. :devil:

Anthem
07-13-2008, 04:40 PM
For the record, I voted yes.
Sure. Helps with your case.

Unfortunately you're all alone here. You going to change your signature, or will you just change your name again and pretend it never happened?

Raoul Duke
07-13-2008, 05:00 PM
Hell yeah I would. Personally, I don't give a **** about the luxury tax. Some of you act like you are the ones paying it.

Mourning
07-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Hell yeah I would. Personally, I don't give a **** about the luxury tax. Some of you act like you are the ones paying it.

Bull. We are just realistic enough to realize that we aren't the Knicks, so the team HAS to look at how to spend its salary money as best as it can. Noah doesn't fall into then category "MLE well spend to me", simple as that.

If we get him we can't get someone else, now or later, it's that simple. To me he's not even close to beying worth it now.

Just my :twocents:

NorCal_Pacerfan
07-13-2008, 06:48 PM
No. Too much of a PR risk for a team trying to start fresh.

Merz
07-13-2008, 07:49 PM
hell no, Noah is really not a good player and he's kind of an idiot.

Why even ask this question? Surely you don't think he is worth it, do you?

Anthem
07-13-2008, 08:37 PM
Why even ask this question? Surely you don't think he is worth it, do you?

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showpost.php?p=757265&postcount=84

avoidingtheclowns
07-13-2008, 09:56 PM
he may one day prove to be worth the MLE but he's gonna have to show me more than what he did last season to be worth it. same goes for landry.

btown on the other hand deserves the MLE just for trying to frighten tourists off the metro. one can only hope this leads to fewer people standing on the left side of the escalators... from one red liner to another, i thank thee btown.

Haggard
07-13-2008, 10:40 PM
Dude hasn't proved himself to be worth the MLE. Maybe in hime he will but not at this stage

AesopRockOn
07-13-2008, 10:49 PM
Ethically, yes. Financially (realistically), no.

You'd like to see the Pacers take a chance on the next Dennis Rodman though.

duke dynamite
07-14-2008, 01:23 AM
I have to admit, he is a hoot.

I just don't think he is worth the MLE that he demands. I could say around 1 million a year, but that could be too much of an investment and only get atitude problems and team suspensions in return.

At least make an offer. He may humble himself.

Dece
07-14-2008, 02:23 AM
Noah has shown pretty decent signs of being a 10/10 guy who can play pretty ok defense. While I personally loathe him, he will get a contract for at least 3-4, if not the full MLE.

Mourning
07-14-2008, 05:23 AM
Noah has shown pretty decent signs of being a 10/10 guy who can play pretty ok defense. While I personally loathe him, he will get a contract for at least 3-4, if not the full MLE.

What was he the nr. 8th pick"? If he get's cut just a year after he was drafted I would say that is a MAJOR redflag that I wouldn't want to burn my team on, let stand spend my full MLE on. Just not worth it IMO.

Besides I don't really see that much reward either.

Robertmto
07-14-2008, 09:35 AM
I'd kill to have a player like Noah teamed up with Jamison and Tough Juice in the front court. It gives us the defense we need.

Jonathan
07-14-2008, 10:09 AM
What Red Flags does Noah have? Yes he got suspended for arguing with a coach, but that was his first time in a losing environment.

He got busted with weed? I do not care. I believe 3/4 of the NBA smokes weed.

He hustles, He loves to win, has great footwork & plays defense.

idioteque
07-14-2008, 10:15 AM
He got busted with weed? I do not care. I believe 3/4 of the NBA smokes weed.

Neither do I, I could care less about marijuana use, but unfortunately most people in Indiana tend to care about I don't tihnk TPTB are going to take a risk on another PR nightmare.

Don't argue with me about it, argue about the majority of people who are for some reason uptight about it.

Justin Tyme
07-14-2008, 02:48 PM
NO, there are better players to spend 5.8mil on than Noah. Now, if it was his former FL teammate Horford, HECK YES!

JayRedd
07-14-2008, 02:56 PM
You'd like to see the Pacers take a chance on the next Dennis Rodman though.

What?

Naptown_Seth
07-14-2008, 05:07 PM
I think Noah has more going on than his image implies at times. I suspect he's a character and outspoken because he's a Sheed type more than just an a'hole.

Youthful growing pains maybe, but wouldn't you like to have a player with Sheed's impact locked up at the MLE early on?

Anyway, it's moot. Just for funzies.

grace
07-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Back when I was a Bulls fan I tried giving Noah the benefit of the doubt. The truth is the dude is a nut case. Hopefully not as nutty as Artest, maybe more along the lines of Ricky Williams (the football player). :hippie: