PDA

View Full Version : And in the "does anyone even care" department...

VF21
07-12-2008, 11:04 PM
Ron Artest, "upset" over all the negative publicity he's received lately, has reportedly told Sacramento Bee writer Sam Amick that he now wants to be known by his middle name, "William." He's hoping it will give him a fresh start...

Feel free to fill in your own punchline. I am - for once in my life - speechless.

:dance:

d_c
07-12-2008, 11:18 PM
Gotta love Ron.

He's not boring, that's for sure.

aero
07-12-2008, 11:21 PM
he belongs in LA because he is very entertaining

count55
07-12-2008, 11:22 PM
Ron Artest, "upset" over all the negative publicity he's received lately, has reportedly told Sacramento Bee writer Sam Amick that he now wants to be known by his middle name, "William." He's hoping it will give him a fresh start...

Upon reading this, the Sacto front office personnel finally understood why Ron was finishing his e-mails with the cryptic phrase "Gotta pay your Bill".

CableKC
07-13-2008, 12:41 AM

Feel free to fill in your own punchline. I am - for once in my life - speechless.

:dance:
VF21....Artest going off the deep end cuz of Negative Press? I don't believe it....link please.....:hmm:

William Artest.....geez....does he have the same Agent as Pacman Jones?

I'm guessing that Artest...I mean William...is trying to generate some bad publicity to force the Kings to trade him to the Lakers.

Aw Heck
07-13-2008, 12:42 AM
Artest seems to think that changing your name/number is the same as "getting your head on straight."

I guess he figured that going from 15 to 23 to 91 to 15 to 93 didn't seem to change anything for him. So I guess he's moved onto his name.

My guess is he'll go with William next season, then at some point he'll switch to Chuck, then go back to Ron (but he'll go by Sir Ronald W. Artest, Esquire), then he'll go by Michael (for Jordan), then back to Ron (but he'll spell it "Rawn"). Eventually he'll just change his name to "R."

grace
07-13-2008, 01:57 AM
I think it's a great idea. Just think of all the marketing possiblities with "Wild Bill" Artest!

GrangerThanFiction
07-13-2008, 02:27 AM
Maybe he could garner some positive press and raise awareness for cardiopulmonary resuscitation techniques if he changed his first name to the initials of "CP". CP Artest.

Who knows, maybe he could sign a triple digit deal with the American Red Cross because of it, too?

TheDon
07-13-2008, 05:39 AM
My guess is he'll go with William next season, then at some point he'll switch to Chuck, then go back to Ron (but he'll go by Sir Ronald W. Artest, Esquire), then he'll go by Michael (for Jordan), then back to Ron (but he'll spell it "Rawn"). Eventually he'll just change his name to "R."

out of all those name revisions you forgot tru warrior formally known as artest :D

JayRedd
07-13-2008, 12:49 PM
This will definitely be his legal name before it's all said and done:

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/images/ron-artest.jpg

rexnom
07-13-2008, 12:52 PM
Love it.

What's the over/under on years before Artest is institutionalized?

VF21
07-13-2008, 01:45 PM
As what should probably come as a surprise to no one, there's still more to the story...

(BTW, here's the link to the thread on my board where it's being discussed... http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280640)

If you read the thread, you need to know the characters, or at least one of them.

"carmichaeldave" is a radio personality who has a 9 to midnight show on KHTK (The home of the Kings) where all the Kings and Monarchs games are broadcast, the Kings are the primary reason for the station's existence, etc.) Dave was once a fan, like the rest of us. He was a frequent caller to the station and gained the moniker Carmichael Dave as he was ... yep, Dave from Carmichael (a suburb of Sacramento). He became a gopher around the station, started helping out with some of the broadcasts, and after a few years, actually became an on-air personality. That's the backstory on him. Anyway, Dave has been having Artest as a frequent guest on his show, allowing RonRon free rein to say whatever happens to pop into his mind. Dave has answered questions from our board on his show, quoted our comments, etc. His latest post in the thread is actually scolding some of our members for hurting RonRon's feelings. Lord, give me strength. ;)

That's it from Artest Central for now. Living here in the Plumas National Forest, I'm dealing with drift smoke from three different fire complexes. It's hard to breathe, my eyes look like I've been spending way too much time with Brad Miller and my house could end up being nothing more than a smoldering pile of ashes if the thunderstorms forecast for this afternoon/evening bring more lightning strikes and fire.

But hey, not to worry. Ron Artest has bigger problems. Some fans don't like him.

Oh, the Ronmanity.

ABADays
07-13-2008, 04:17 PM
http://images.southparkstudios.com/img/content/season5/508.jpg

Ramitt
07-13-2008, 09:58 PM
ABADays wins the thread.

VF21
07-13-2008, 10:02 PM
And no, dear Pacer fans, it ain't over yet.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3485534

In a series of e-mails he sent to ESPN.com late Saturday and early Sunday, Artest continued to lament his decision to pass on an opportunity to become a free agent July 1 by announcing that he is now representing himself without an agent and expressing hope that he will soon be traded to "a team out there that can be more committed than Sacramento to me."

I find the use of the word "committed" to be particularly apt.

But NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com on Sunday that the Lakers -- fond as they are of Artest and confident as they are that they can get the best out of him through Phil Jackson's coaching and Artest's respect for Bryant -- are reluctant to part with Odom in an Artest swap. That stance, if the Lakers hold firm, would almost certainly prompt Sacramento to look elsewhere for a trade partner.

Translation: Um, no. No way. No how. Never! Did we mention NO!?!?!?!?

And does ESPN not realize Sacramento has pretty much looked everywhere, including galaxies far, far away, for the elusive trade partner?

This is better than my favorite soap opera. And it's worse than my most frightening nightmare.

And I keep remembering those of you who warned us. I didn't want Artest to begin with, but I don't think even I could have imagined the hell it's like watching your favorite team go through this kind of crap.

Doddage
07-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Artest turned out to be one hell of a "face" to your franchise, huh?

ABADays
07-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Hey all

Just for clarification, my "Towelie response" was to the part of the post about spending time with Brad Miller. Just in case there was any misinterpretation.

YoSoyIndy
07-13-2008, 11:06 PM
And I keep remembering those of you who warned us. I didn't want Artest to begin with, but I don't think even I could have imagined the hell it's like watching your favorite team go through this kind of crap.

You're just lucky Artest tried to ruin the Peja/Artest trade, as some have speculated we would have received Martin in the deal.

Sac will be able to trade Artest. As long as he has potential, then someone will take the risk. Artest's potential is decreasing though.

Kid Minneapolis
07-13-2008, 11:22 PM
World, Indy fans tried to tell you, but Sacramento didn't believe us. He's friggin' nuts.

VF21
07-13-2008, 11:27 PM
You're just lucky Artest tried to ruin the Peja/Artest trade, as some have speculated we would have received Martin in the deal.

Sac will be able to trade Artest. As long as he has potential, then someone will take the risk. Artest's potential is decreasing though.

Kevin Martin was NEVER on the table. Never. That's merely wishful thinking on the part of those speculators.

As far as trading Artest goes, I cannot think of many GMs dumb enough to risk their entire franchise at this point.

avoidingtheclowns
07-13-2008, 11:48 PM
As far as trading Artest goes, I cannot think of many GMs dumb enough to risk their entire franchise at this point.

i would trade tinsley for him and then have morway meet him in sacto with a briefcase full of cash to buy him out.

let's get it done VF

BlueNGold
07-13-2008, 11:59 PM
i would trade tinsley for him and then have morway meet him in sacto with a briefcase full of cash to buy him out.

let's get it done VF

That would be so nice to see. Cuts 14M from Tinsleys contract and disses Artest. I like it! Also, Sac needs a PG...

VF21
07-14-2008, 12:12 AM
...Also, Sac needs a PG...

Actually, we just signed Beno Udrih to the full MLE to be our PG. And we drafted Sean Singletary, who is showing early promise in the summer league. I cannot think of a scenario in which bringing Tinsley to town does us any good whatsoever.

avoidingtheclowns
07-14-2008, 01:18 AM
Actually, we just signed Beno Udrih to the full MLE to be our PG. And we drafted Sean Singletary, who is showing early promise in the summer league. I cannot think of a scenario in which bringing Tinsley to town does us any good whatsoever.

just trying to illustrate that there are trading options out there. i think the knicks would be interested too for Randolph if you included someone like Mikki Moore. the pacers would trade tinsley & change for artest. i think the cavs would be willing to part with ben wallace.

CableKC
07-14-2008, 02:00 AM
VF21....was the Agent that Artest fired the same Agent that he had when he was here in Indy?

If Artest was smart...he should try to hire David Falk to negotiate for him. Artest being his own Agent doesn't sound like a good idea. He'll either ask for the Moon....which he is probably expecting....or would demand to be paid in Russian Rubles.

avoidingtheclowns
07-14-2008, 02:17 AM
or would demand to be paid in Russian Rubles.

actually, that wouldn't be a terrible idea at this point.

TheSauceMaster
07-14-2008, 03:44 AM
Ron should quit basketball so he can join the WWE and make millions. :devil:

I like Ron and I think he is a hell of a player. The problem is he opens his mouth before he thinks about what he is saying.

DgR
07-14-2008, 07:58 AM
Next Ron article:

Kings F Ron Artest has said to local Sacramento Bee reporter that he is fed up with the treatment he is getting as an NBA player and has decided to have a sex change operation so he can join the WNBA- where the Franchises are much more ready for "commitment".Ron has been quoted as saying:"I have always felt like a woman trapped in a man trapped in a boy trapped in a dog trapped in a shell wrapped in an enigma covered in chocolate- and generally out of place in this league, it's time I stop lying to myself and realize my tru potential. I want to do for the WNBA what MJ did for the NBA, and by the way- call me Rommie...."

rexnom
07-14-2008, 10:01 AM
I think Artest's value should be sky-high right now. He's basically a one year rental. If any contender gets him, they instantly launch themselves into another stratosphere. Then at the end of the year, he's cap relief. Why are the Cavs not on this?

CableKC
07-14-2008, 12:04 PM
I think Artest's value should be sky-high right now. He's basically a one year rental. If any contender gets him, they instantly launch themselves into another stratosphere. Then at the end of the year, he's cap relief. Why are the Cavs not on this?
Cuz the Kings hold the cards here....thanks to Artest and his stupid former Agent. If any team could get Artest for very little....as in not giving up something that they don't want to give up....then they would enjoy the 1 year rental. But the Kings aren't willing to give him up for next to nothing.

But with the "supposed" rumor that even the Lakers ( via Phil Jackson's comments about Odom being an important player on the roster ) are even balking at giving up Odom....it's not hard to guess that teams will be hard-pressed to give the Kings an inch on any negotiations....EVEN if Artest goes Artest on the Kings and continues to b**** and moan about a situation that he put himself into.

Speed
07-14-2008, 12:10 PM
What's the over/under on a Ron ron "Beyond the Glory"

VF21
07-14-2008, 12:43 PM
To answer your previous question, Bartelstein was his old old agent, Mark Stevens is his new old agent and I think Stevens is probably really glad to be out of the whole mess.

Cuz the Kings hold the cards here....thanks to Artest and his stupid former Agent. If any team could get Artest for very little....as in not giving up something that they don't want to give up....then they would enjoy the 1 year rental. But the Kings aren't willing to give him up for next to nothing.

The team MIGHT enjoy the 1-year rental; they might also enjoy the horror and pain of watching Bad RonRon if he's not happy in his new situation.

But with the "supposed" rumor that even the Lakers ( via Phil Jackson's comments about Odom being an important player on the roster ) are even balking at giving up Odom....it's not hard to guess that teams will be hard-pressed to give the Kings an inch on any negotiations....EVEN if Artest goes Artest on the Kings and continues to b**** and moan about a situation that he put himself into.

If Artest goes Artest, the Kings will send him home and let him sit and stew. They aren't going to play games.

It could get very interesting tonight as Ron is supposed to make another appearance on the Carmichael Dave show on KHTK. (There's a live stream from khtk.com, I believe). Dave was on vacation on the coast this weekend but checked in to read the board and was jaw-drop speechless when he saw the latest. He even made a comment that he sure wished he hadn't left his cell phone at home...

As Pacers fans, you all have lived through this before. We're living it now. Until/unless someone experiences the "Artest Factor," they cannot possibly imagine how truly bizarre it can get.

Trader Joe
07-14-2008, 12:43 PM
Any chance we can get Ron to change his name to Sir William Percival Artest the IV, Tru Warier of the Grand Court of Highbury in the Land of the Itty Titty Fairies of Mammary Mountain?

I think that pretty much covers all the bases.

idioteque
07-14-2008, 12:45 PM
Why are the Cavs not on this?

Wally for Artest straight up. It may be Cleveland's last chance to contend before LBJ goes to the Knicks or the Nets and they're going to suck forever after that anyway, so why not?

Big Ben and Artest on the same team. :cool:

West
Artest
LBJ
Ben
Z

With this trade the only team that is better than the Cavs for one year in the East is Boston. And they're one Big 3 injury away from what would be a hell of a playoff series with the Cavs. It's worth a shot.

VF21
07-14-2008, 12:46 PM
just trying to illustrate that there are trading options out there. i think the knicks would be interested too for Randolph if you included someone like Mikki Moore. the pacers would trade tinsley & change for artest. i think the cavs would be willing to part with ben wallace.

Zach Randolph won't be seeing time in a Kings uniform. If you're thinking trade, look at the Bibby trade. It's something like that we'll most likely be pursuing - expiring of NON-CANCER players and maybe a player who hasn't lived up to his potential so far (Shelden Williams). Petrie isn't going to take on any more problem children.

Trader Joe
07-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Wally for Artest straight up. It may be Cleveland's last chance to contend before LBJ goes to the Knicks or the Nets and they're going to suck forever after that anyway, so why not?

Big Ben and Artest on the same team. :cool:

West
Artest
LBJ
Ben
Z

That team still doesn't win a championship, and probably isn't significantly better than this year's version. Ron is about the worst sidekick you could draw up for Lebron. Poor outside shooter, overdribbles, at his best offensively with the ball in his hands, insane.
All of these things are not qualities that denote a good roleplayer next to Lebron. Cavs missed the boat on a sidekick for Bron when they failed to sign Redd. The writing was on the wall then.

Dr. Goldfoot
07-14-2008, 12:49 PM
If Artest goes Artest, the Kings will send him home and let him sit and stew. They aren't going to play games.

Every professional franchise takes **** from their players at some point. The number of times they take it on the chin VS the number of times they make a real stand isn't even close, generally. Do the Kings have a history of being hardasses?

Trader Joe
07-14-2008, 12:51 PM

Um, maybe its time to tell you, Artest already went Artest.

VF21
07-14-2008, 12:55 PM
Depends on what you call "history." The Kings have an excellent history of keeping the dirty linen out of public view. And, to be honest, over the past 26 years, there hasn't been that much.

People who hear things have heard them. People who know they cannot repeat those things are still whispering among themselves and waiting to see WHEN (not IF) the hammer will fall.

Ron drastically overestimated IMHO his importance to our team and by firing his agent has really sealed his fate (again IMHO).

artest is NOT a part of the future of the Kings. Last season, Kenny Thomas became the invisible man. This season, if the Kings cannot find a way to move Artest, KT could have a sidekick.

idioteque
07-14-2008, 12:56 PM
That team still doesn't win a championship, and probably isn't significantly better than this year's version. Ron is about the worst sidekick you could draw up for Lebron. Poor outside shooter, overdribbles, at his best offensively with the ball in his hands, insane.
All of these things are not qualities that denote a good roleplayer next to Lebron. Cavs missed the boat on a sidekick for Bron when they failed to sign Redd. The writing was on the wall then.

I wouldn't say Ron is an especially poor outside shooter at all. Statistically, he's a much better 3 point shooter than LBJ and only marginally worse than Wally. He's crazy, yes, but I'm saying all of this in the context of a one year rental. Even if he goes Artest again, it's not like they had any chance of going anywhere anyway with Wally there instead of Artest.

The one area where Cleveland was significantly worse after the Chicago trade was perimeter defense. They actually missed Larry Hughes there. It would benefit LBJ greatly if he didn't have to pay much attention to the other team's primary offensive threat while he also tried to score all of Cleveland's points.

Boston at full strength would still beat this Cleveland lineup, yes. But say Ray Allen gets hurt? Boston would probably still win in a series with Wally on the Cavs, but with Artest, it gets interesting. You have to put your team in the best position to win, and for the Cavs, they have to win now.

VF21
07-14-2008, 12:57 PM
Um, maybe its time to tell you, Artest already went Artest.

Agreed. I was using the term to respond to CableKC, who used it first.

I don't care about "Artest going Artest." I just wish Artest would go away.

Trader Joe
07-14-2008, 12:59 PM
I wouldn't say Ron is an especially poor outside shooter at all. Statistically, he's a much better 3 point shooter than LBJ and only marginally worse than Wally.

The one area where Cleveland was significantly worse after the Chicago trade was perimeter defense. They actually missed Larry Hughes there. It would benefit LBJ greatly if he didn't have to pay much attention to the other team's primary offensive threat while he also tried to score all of Cleveland's points.

Ron's a career 33% 3 pt shooter. You need a big time shooter as Lebron's sidekick because Lebron needs the ball in his hands.

Gyron
07-14-2008, 01:40 PM
VF21, just hope that his mess he is creating for you isn't the start of the complete and total downfall of your organization as it was for the Pacers. otherwise, you now have a garunteed 5-8 years of complete and total devastation of your franchise.

avoidingtheclowns
07-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Zach Randolph won't be seeing time in a Kings uniform. If you're thinking trade, look at the Bibby trade. It's something like that we'll most likely be pursuing - expiring of NON-CANCER players and maybe a player who hasn't lived up to his potential so far (Shelden Williams). Petrie isn't going to take on any more problem children.

i think you're gonna have a hard time getting a bibby-package for artest. maybe i'm alone but i think you'll either have to take back equally unsavory players or big contracts like we did for stephen jackson.

idioteque
07-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Ron's a career 33% 3 pt shooter. You need a big time shooter as Lebron's sidekick because Lebron needs the ball in his hands.

Yeah but the Cavs need to win now and Artest puts them in a much better position to do that than Wally. You hope he shoots 38% from 3 like he did last year and can contribute to the team a bit in that way.

Or, you let LBJ bring the ball up and put Artest and Damon Jones on the wings. Both Artest and LBJ can take the ball to the basket, which would leave Jones open way more than he ever has been in his career. I like my chances with James/Artest/Jones much more than Wally/James/Jones.

Ownagedood
07-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Lol, Artest... Man... I miss his skills, but he's one CRAZY MO FO! haha, glad hes gone.. But he's fun to watch now that we don't have to deal with him..

rexnom
07-14-2008, 02:48 PM
Yeah...let's not act like the Cavs need a lot. They took the Celts to 7 games and won the East the year before. LeBron needs just one quality guy next to him. If he had Artest to handle Pierce in that series with the Celts then the Cavs would have won in 6 or 7. Ron could guard any of the Big Three - he'd be their worst nightmare. And on offense, he's a decent option. He'd immediately be their best post player.

EDIT: Why wouldn't either team do a Wally for Artest, Thomas deal? What about a Kenny Thomas, Brad Miller, Artest for Snow, Sczerbiak and Smith deal? Throw in picks where necessary. Or my favorite: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=788~796~831~885~25~556~849~101 7~703&teams=23~23~23~18~5~18~5~5~5&te=&cash=

The Cavs could even cut Ben Wallace if necessary.

Ownagedood
07-14-2008, 02:57 PM
Yeah...let's not act like the Cavs need a lot. They took the Celts to 7 games and won the East the year before. LeBron needs just one quality guy next to him. If he had Artest to handle Pierce in that series with the Celts then the Cavs would have won in 6 or 7. Ron could guard any of the Big Three - he'd be their worst nightmare. And on offense, he's a decent option. He'd immediately be their best post player.

EDIT: Why wouldn't either team do a Wally for Artest, Thomas deal? What about a Kenny Thomas, Brad Miller, Artest for Snow, Sczerbiak and Smith deal? Throw in picks where necessary.
Ya, Artest could definitely be the guy to push them over the hump... But its a huge pr risk.. He already has 2 and 3/4 strikes..(More then that, but... u get the drift)

Lebron is AMAZING, he just needs one solid player to be able to pass the ball to and a big time defender like Artest would really help them out a lot. Bron is my favorite player in the league.. An unselfish superstar.. Jordan-ish.. Ya, I did it!! brought out Jordan's name! No one will ever reach how big Jordan was.. But skill wise, someone will pass him.. Why not Lebron? If he continues to play as well as he has through his career, he will.

One thing I just thought about... What if Artest goes crazy in one of the games that Bron is constantly getting slammed... We all know it doesn't take much to make him go crazy.. Just one cup of beer ;).... He comes to the defense of Bron and that could be the end of Ron-Ron..

JayRedd
07-14-2008, 03:11 PM
I like Ron and I think he is a hell of a player. The undisputed greatness is he opens his mouth before he thinks about what he is saying.

Fixed.

What's the over/under on a Ron ron "Beyond the Glory"

Screw that. I want the Behind the Music.

I wouldn't say Ron is an especially poor outside shooter at all. Statistically, he's a much better 3 point shooter than LBJ and only marginally worse than Wally. He's crazy, yes, but I'm saying all of this in the context of a one year rental. Even if he goes Artest again, it's not like they had any chance of going anywhere anyway with Wally there instead of Artest.

Er? No chance of going anywhere? Didn't the Champs need 41 out of The Truth to beat Cleveland minus Boobie in Game 7?

VF21
07-14-2008, 03:29 PM
i think you're gonna have a hard time getting a bibby-package for artest. maybe i'm alone but i think you'll either have to take back equally unsavory players or big contracts like we did for stephen jackson.

While I admit that's a small part of my nightmare, it's not a major concern for a couple of reasons.

1. The Maloofs do NOT want any more problem players. Period. They are not going to allow anyone to further erode the fan base OR steal headlines with lunacy.

2. We're finally getting rid (well, next year) of the final "flexible piece" we got in exchange for Chris Webber's massive contract. A big contract isn't going to be heading our way.

The Maloofs haven't said much about this whole situation, but there are rumors floating around (from some pretty good sources) that they are keeping completely out of this and letting Geoff Petrie do the job he's supposed to do without their interference. Petrie is NOT going to do anything to jeopardize the new direction the Kings are going in.

Some of the sports guessers are throwing a lot of names out, but how many times have they accurately predicted what Petrie would do? The only time a trade was actually known ahead of time was because someone involved with the Artest-Peja trade couldn't keep his bleeping mouth shut. And it didn't come from the Kings camp.

The overwhelming attitude in Sacramento right now is that the show is over. People want Artest gone, and they're being pretty straight-forward about it. He will be gone, one way or the other.

The only person I can think of who might be just a little relieved at all the media attention Artest is still garnering is Brad Miller. Here he is, just hit with a 5-game suspension, and it's already yesterday's news because we all know it has to always be about Artest. I will be so glad when he's gone. I'm already buying the beer for the big party.

:)

avoidingtheclowns
07-14-2008, 03:36 PM
The only person I can think of who might be just a little relieved at all the media attention Artest is still garnering is Brad Miller.

seems like he was pretty relaxed already

Unclebuck
07-14-2008, 03:43 PM
I laugh when people, media, fans, coaches, teammates, actually listen to anything Ron says

VF21
07-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Sorry, UB, but I quit laughing quite a while back. It's not funny any longer.

He's an embarrassment and I'm done even trying to figure out why he does some of the absolutely insane things he does. Let someone else make excuses for him and enable further bad behavior.

I want him off my Sacramento Kings and I want him off now. I'm tempted to start a petition among the Kings STH calling for his immediate removal. I am that serious.

Laughing at him is part of the problem. He's not being held accountable for his actions or his words. If he's not careful he's going to end up in line next to Latrell Sprewell.

Spoiled pampered professional athletes take notice: Some fans just aren't in the mood to put up with your idiocy any longer.

Sorry for the rant. At this point of the summer, our board is usually talking about summer league, initial reactions to our draftees, etc. The Olympics are less than a month away and that should be an active topic of discussion.

But nooooooo. It's once again all about Ron Artest. And it's gone on about 2 years too long.

grace
07-14-2008, 05:44 PM

He's an embarrassment and I'm done even trying to figure out why he does some of the absolutely insane things he does. Let someone else make excuses for him and enable further bad behavior.

I want him off my Sacramento Kings and I want him off now. I'm tempted to start a petition among the Kings STH calling for his immediate removal. I am that serious.

Laughing at him is part of the problem. He's not being held accountable for his actions or his words. If he's not careful he's going to end up in line next to Latrell Sprewell.

Spoiled pampered professional athletes take notice: Some fans just aren't in the mood to put up with your idiocy any longer.

Sorry for the rant. At this point of the summer, our board is usually talking about summer league, initial reactions to our draftees, etc. The Olympics are less than a month away and that should be an active topic of discussion.

But nooooooo. It's once again all about Ron Artest. And it's gone on about 2 years too long.

This might have been covered before and I don't mean to beat you when you're down, but I'm pretty sure we all warned you this was how it was going to be when your team traded for him. You can be mad at Artest all you want, but it doesn't do any good. Artest hasn't changed. He won't change. In fact I'd say it's inevitable he's going to get worse.

Personally, I'd go to the owners and ask "Exactly WHY did you think trading for this mental wasteland was a good idea?"

ABADays
07-14-2008, 06:28 PM

You sir, are correct.

juadam09
07-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Pssssst ABA, VF21 is a female ;)

idioteque
07-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Ya, Artest could definitely be the guy to push them over the hump... But its a huge pr risk.. He already has 2 and 3/4 strikes..(More then that, but... u get the drift)

I don't think the Cavs are on thin ice with their fanbase like us. The intrigue of Artest would probably put more butts in the seats if they're not sold out every night from LeBron already.

I think the Cavs would be stupid not to do this deal. Yes it is a desperation move, but the Cavs are desperate. LeBron will probably be gone in two years and he needs one more bona fide star to push him over the top if Cleveland ever hopes to win a title with LeBron. Cleveland's franchise will probably be another Milwaukee after LeBron leaves, but they can be logical and not resign Artest at the end of the year so at least he won't destroy their franchise completely.

The Cavs are going to be awful in 3 years no matter what. They might as well do whatever they have to do to win a title now.

Unclebuck
07-15-2008, 09:49 AM

I wasn't laughing at Artest, at what he says or does., I was laughing at others paying attention to anything he says

VF21
07-15-2008, 12:39 PM
This might have been covered before and I don't mean to beat you when you're down, but I'm pretty sure we all warned you this was how it was going to be when your team traded for him. You can be mad at Artest all you want, but it doesn't do any good. Artest hasn't changed. He won't change. In fact I'd say it's inevitable he's going to get worse.

Personally, I'd go to the owners and ask "Exactly WHY did you think trading for this mental wasteland was a good idea?"

I never wanted him on the team. Not once. Ever.

Once he was in the uniform, however, I (and a large number of Kings fans) was willing to give him a clean slate. I've been a Kings fan since the day the team stepped off the plane in Sacramento and I wasn't going to stop because of one player...

I think Pacer fans are, at least at this moment, the only ones who can understand the frustrations, anger, disbelief, etc. that goes along with having William Artest on your team. And, by sharing our current situation, I guess I'm hoping maybe it will be a kind of "treatment." After all, sharing a problem with someone who has survived it is one way to keep from losing all hope.

As far as the owners go, they've been quiet publicly but there have been a lot of rumblings behind the scenes. The Maloofs do NOT like this kind of attention. Today in this morning's Sacramento Bee, Joe Maloof finally came out and said what we've been hoping for - without going too far.

Headline: Owner lashes out at Artest
Joe Maloof takes the forward to task over his latest comments.

http://www.sacbee.com/kings/story/1082869.html

The best part? A direct admonition to RonRon:

He has to balance the way he acts," Joe Maloof said by phone. "He's got to control his emotions a little better. You've got to try and keep your cool a little bit.

Take a deep breath and quit flying off the handle with comments that don't make sense. I hate to say it that way, but that's how I feel. It doesn't make sense to me.I take great hope from that comment and can actually smell the bridges beginning to heat up. I finally have faith that our Artest-era will soon be history.

Once he's gone, I'll have to remember to show the same patience and understanding to whatever poor fan base gets him next that you guys have shown to the Kings fans who have come here looking for some kind of clarification or explanation for what was happening. The attendance at the meetings just keep getting bigger...

"Hi there. My name is VF21. And I survived Ron Artest."

"Hi VF21!"

CableKC
07-15-2008, 12:50 PM
I never wanted him on the team. Not once. Ever.

Once he was in the uniform, however, I (and a large number of Kings fans) was willing to give him a clean slate. I've been a Kings fan since the day the team stepped off the plane in Sacramento and I wasn't going to stop because of one player...

I think Pacer fans are, at least at this moment, the only ones who can understand the frustrations, anger, disbelief, etc. that goes along with having William Artest on your team. And, by sharing our current situation, I guess I'm hoping maybe it will be a kind of "treatment." After all, sharing a problem with someone who has survived it is one way to keep from losing all hope.

As far as the owners go, they've been quiet publicly but there have been a lot of rumblings behind the scenes. The Maloofs do NOT like this kind of attention. Today in this morning's Sacramento Bee, Joe Maloof finally came out and said what we've been hoping for - without going too far.

Headline: Owner lashes out at Artest
Joe Maloof takes the forward to task over his latest comments.

http://www.sacbee.com/kings/story/1082869.html

The best part? A direct admonition to RonRon:

I take great hope from that comment and can actually smell the bridges beginning to heat up. I finally have faith that our Artest-era will soon be history.

Once he's gone, I'll have to remember to show the same patience and understanding to whatever poor fan base gets him next that you guys have shown to the Kings fans who have come here looking for some kind of clarification or explanation for what was happening. The attendance at the meetings just keep getting bigger...

"Hi there. My name is VF21. And I survived Ron Artest."

"Hi VF21!"

Artest doesn't appear to be the type of person that would take Maloof's comments lightly. I can totally see Artest saying something stupider ( if that is at all possible )...or at best....does what he always does.....give the standard "My comments were taken out of context and I'm sorry to the Kings fans" speech, scamper away for a day or two...then goes out to the KHTK Kings radio station and pull out his "I want to be traded cuz I don't feel wanted in Sacramento anymore" speech.

I'm sorry....VF21....but I can't see this Artest situation ending in the Kings favor.

avoidingtheclowns
07-15-2008, 12:57 PM
And, by sharing our current situation, I guess I'm hoping maybe it will be a kind of "treatment." After all, sharing a problem with someone who has survived it is one way to keep from losing all hope.

no offense, but ron hasn't done anywhere near the same damage to sacramento.

Unclebuck
07-15-2008, 01:13 PM

Amen

Dr. Goldfoot
07-15-2008, 01:21 PM
In the "No Offense" department, I think our general interest is in Ron Artest not the plight of King fans. I don't mean that in an unwelcoming manner, either.

CableKC
07-15-2008, 01:28 PM
VF21 doesn't seem to be going with the "oh woe is me, pity us Kings fans cuz look at what Artest has done to the Kings" approach to us Pacer fans. He accepted what Artest has done to the Kings a long time ago. He's on the road to recover and has already taken the 1st step to recover at "Artest Anonymous".

SycamoreKen
07-15-2008, 01:31 PM
I think there are only 2 teams that have the right make up to take Artest. The Lakers and the Spurs. Both have very strong coaches that players respect and have superstars and vets that would not take his nonsense. The Celtics may be able to handle it because of Pierce and KG, but I'm not sure about Rivers.

CableKC
07-15-2008, 01:40 PM
I think there are only 2 teams that have the right make up to take Artest. The Lakers and the Spurs. Both have very strong coaches that players respect and have superstars and vets that would not take his nonsense. The Celtics may be able to handle it because of Pierce and KG, but I'm not sure about Rivers.
At this point....although I would be a proponent of dumping Artest for an Expiring Contract just to end the "All Artest, All the time" Circus Show that he is putting on that the Kings are enduring now.

Given their interest , although the Lakers seem to be the logical choice to send Artest to given....since I am not a fan of helping out the Lakers, if they want Artest......despite what Phil said about not parting with Odom ( which I doubt is nothing other then posturing on his part )....the only way I would send him there would be at the cost of getting Odom while taking on Kenny Thomas as well ( which saves the Kings about $10 mil in guaranteed $$$ ). Otherwise...I would take the best Non-Laker deal that makes the most sense for the Kings. If the Lakers want another difference maker for cheap ( like they got with Gasol )...it will cost them $10 mil...or they can wait a year and try to get him in Free Agency next season ( yes, I hate the Lakers that much ).

VF21
07-15-2008, 01:46 PM

No offense taken.

grace
07-15-2008, 02:03 PM
I'm sorry....VF21....but I can't see this Artest situation ending in the Kings favor.

The only way I see this ending in the Kings favor is if Wild Bill (I refuse to call him William) retires from the NBA completely and gets his coveted job at Best Buy. Then to make amends to Kings fans he gives them all Best Buy gift cards.

As for what team would be stupid enough to take Artest I don't care how great the coaches and the players are Artest is a cancer that will attack and if not kill, severely damage even the strongest members of an organization. No way taking him on is worth it. Just ask any team he's played for.

CableKC
07-15-2008, 02:21 PM
As for what team would be stupid enough to take Artest I don't care how great the coaches and the players are Artest is a cancer that will attack and if not kill, severely damage even the strongest members of an organization. No way taking him on is worth it. Just ask any team he's played for.
I don't necessarily agree. We all know that there is a "honeymoon" period when it comes to Artest.....which is very likely since he is in a Contract year. We all know that Artest wants his big Paycheck and is perfectly capable of being on his best behavior to get that. When Artest joined the Kings for that very 1st season...he dragged the Kings into the Playoffs and was a model-citizen to the Kings fan.

As for how he would do on the Lakers....I think that it all comes down to respect for Artest. I think that he actually respects Kobe for the player that he is and will actually defer to him ( especially on the Offensive end ) if needed. If there is any Coach that can deal with personalities with huge egos...it's Jackson. Especially being in LA ( a big Market ), the chance to be in the spotlight with Kobe/Phil and a shot at a Championship....which all boost his Market value...and ultimately his paycheck....I think that Artest would do well as a Laker.

Jonathan
07-15-2008, 02:32 PM
As for how he would do on the Lakers....I think that it all comes down to respect for Artest. I think that he actually respects Kobe for the player that he is and will actually defer to him ( especially on the Offensive end ) if needed. If there is any Coach that can deal with personalities with huge egos...it's Jackson. Especially being in LA ( a big Market ), the chance to be in the spotlight with Kobe/Phil and a shot at a Championship....which all boost his Market value...and ultimately his paycheck....I think that Artest would do well as a Laker.[/QUOTE]

Kobe and Artest 50/50
They could easily get along & cruise the malls together.

They could easily get in a fight. This might happen if/when Ron Ron shoots one his three pointers down by two with 90 seconds left in the game.

juadam09
07-15-2008, 04:51 PM
VF21 doesn't seem to be going with the "oh woe is me, pity us Kings fans cuz look at what Artest has done to the Kings" approach to us Pacer fans. He accepted what Artest has done to the Kings a long time ago. He's on the road to recover and has already taken the 1st step to recover at "Artest Anonymous".

Once again, VF21 is a female ;) Not a he.

I feel your pain VF21. There is not much you can do but hope that your owners are able to find someone crazy enough to think they can "change" him.

VF21
07-15-2008, 04:56 PM
The only way I see this ending in the Kings favor is if Wild Bill (I refuse to call him William) retires from the NBA completely and gets his coveted job at Best Buy. Then to make amends to Kings fans he gives them all Best Buy gift cards.

And, amazingly (or not), the list of teams being stupid enough to take him is getting even shorter:

Artest says Nuggets are not in his future
The Rocky
Monday, July 14, 2008

The Nuggets considered trading for Sacramento Kings forward Ron Artest in February, and he's again on the trading block.

Artest wrote in e-mails to the Rocky Mountain News that he doesn't want to play for Denver.

more... (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jul/14/artest-says-nuggets-are-not-in-his-future/)

So now he's sending emails to individual papers in cities with NBA franchises? This is so beyond bizarre I don't think there's any way for it to even turn around, let alone make it back to "normal."

JayRedd
07-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Artest wrote in e-mails to the Rocky Mountain News that he doesn't want to play for Denver.

That's awesome.

avoidingtheclowns
07-15-2008, 05:25 PM
woody paige with inide information...

CableKC
07-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Once again, VF21 is a female ;) Not a he.
Damn....sorry VF21....apologies...I did not know. :buddies:

CableKC
07-15-2008, 06:03 PM
And, amazingly (or not), the list of teams being stupid enough to take him is getting even shorter:

more... (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jul/14/artest-says-nuggets-are-not-in-his-future/)

So now he's sending emails to individual papers in cities with NBA franchises? This is so beyond bizarre I don't think there's any way for it to even turn around, let alone make it back to "normal."
Artest is now emailing newspapers?

Geez...that's what Agents are for. :laugh:

Naptown_Seth
07-15-2008, 06:05 PM
or at best....does what he always does.....give the standard "My comments were taken out of context and I'm sorry to the Kings fans" speech, scamper away for a day or two
WRONG! I won't let you bash Ron like this anymore.

What Ron normally does is hold up the latest CD he produced and smile, or talk about boxing Kobe Bryant, or take a trip to Africa.

Apologies and sense are for wimps. ;)

ABADays
07-15-2008, 06:23 PM

Neither did I. So would that be Sira then?

ChicagoJ
07-15-2008, 07:17 PM

Circuit City.

VF21
07-15-2008, 09:17 PM

No need at all to apologize. Is that Corona in that bottle?

;)

VF21
07-31-2008, 01:03 PM
BREAKING NEWS from the "Not even MadTV could make this up" department:

http://www.sacbee.com/kings/story/1122561.html

"I understand what Yao said, but I'm still ghetto," said Artest, who will earn $7.4 million next season and be a free agent next summer. "That's not going to change. I'm never going to change my culture. Yao has played with a lot of black players, but I don't think he's ever played with a black player that really represents his culture as much as I represent my culture. Once Yao Ming gets to know me, he'll understand what I'm all about."

It goes on but you get the idea.

So now RonRonMcBillBill is more ghetto than any other black player in the NBA? And once Yao gets to know him, he'll "understand what" RRMcBB is "all about"?

Good luck, Yao. Many others before you have tried - and failed.

In totally unrelated news, I may need an alibi ... er, place to stay ... for a while. This has now become personal.

(Hope you don't mind, Hicks. I brought this thread back rather than start a new one...)

Naptown_Seth
07-31-2008, 01:12 PM
Once Yao Ming gets to know me, he'll understand what I'm all about."
GFL with that.

CableKC
07-31-2008, 01:18 PM
In totally unrelated news, I may need an alibi ... er, place to stay ... for a while. This has now become personal.

(Hope you don't mind, Hicks. I brought this thread back rather than start a new one...)
Is KingsFan.com down? Maybe I typed in the URL wrong...but I couldn't get to the webpage.

BTW....you're always welcome here......PD is designated as RAA ( Ron Artest Anonymous ) Recovery meeting place for those teams/fans that rooted for Artest when he was affiliated with their team and are now "moving on" from the destruction that he left in his wake.

JayRedd
07-31-2008, 01:20 PM
So now RonRonMcBillBill is more ghetto than any other player in the NBA?

I'm willing to believe that.

Hicks
07-31-2008, 01:28 PM
What's left to say about Ron Artest? The guy's an idiot.

eldubious
07-31-2008, 01:45 PM
BREAKING NEWS from the "Not even MadTV could make this up" department:

http://www.sacbee.com/kings/story/1122561.html

It goes on but you get the idea.

So now RonRonMcBillBill is more ghetto than any other black player in the NBA? And once Yao gets to know him, he'll "understand what" RRMcBB is "all about"?

Good luck, Yao. Many others before you have tried - and failed.

What did Yao say?

Los Angeles
07-31-2008, 05:19 PM
What did Yao say?

"Basketball, in America, is like a culture. It is like a foreigner learning a new language. It is difficult to learn foreign languages and it will also be difficult for me to learn the culture for basketball here."

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/y/yao_ming.html

Good luck learning the culture Ron's talking about then.