PDA

View Full Version : Live from the Forum Party!!!

duke dynamite
07-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Well, for all of those who could not make it to this year's extravagant event, we here have a place for you to post any questions and maybe post some of our discussions and let you guys give your input.

Have at it!

maragin
07-12-2008, 06:19 PM
I wonder what the forum consensus would be for: What current coach would you most like to have leading the Pacers for the next 3 years?

pianoman
07-12-2008, 06:21 PM
who's gonna end up getting the starting center job?

duke dynamite
07-12-2008, 06:21 PM
UPDATE:

Roaming Gnome said that he couldn't pay for pizza since he couldn't find an ATM to walk to.

He then realized that there was a bank across the parking lot.

maragin
07-12-2008, 06:23 PM
Also: Breakout performance of the year.

Pacers#1Fan
07-12-2008, 06:24 PM
What is the best we could get for JT... realistically

BlueNGold
07-12-2008, 06:27 PM
who's gonna end up getting the starting center job?

Rasho. I just hope they have Foster playing alongside rather than Murphy.

pianoman
07-12-2008, 06:30 PM
that's what i'm hoping. I want hibbert to get some good minutes this year

btowncolt
07-12-2008, 06:38 PM
When Shade gets there, tell him I said he's a fatty.

YoSoyIndy
Next forum party needs streaming video. If you think reading a live forum party thread is fun, then just wait until live video is added next time.

DisplacedKnick
UPDATE:

Roaming Gnome said that he couldn't pay for pizza since he couldn't find an ATM to walk to.

Just make sure there isn't a Burlington Coat Factory that direction - too early for anyone to be heading down that cold, lonely, desolate road. :eek:

Love to be with you guys - unfortunately I have to be at work by 6 a.m. tomorrow.

duke dynamite
07-12-2008, 06:39 PM
I wonder what the forum consensus would be for: What current coach would you most like to have leading the Pacers for the next 3 years?
We have heard names like Scott Skiles, Carlisle's post card.

That question brings many different answers.

Gnome: O'Brien

BillS: Hubie Brown

UncleBuck: Larry Brown

Kegboy: Skiles

Grace: Skiles, Hubie

JoseSlaughter: Skiles, Paul Silas

t1hs0n: Lawrence Frank

Mrs. RWB: Slick

RWB: Jerry Sloan

DiamondDave: Sam Mitchell, Larry Brown

Hoop: Bryon Scott

ToxicAvenger: Larry Brown

ObnoxiousModesty: Kelvin Sampson Hubie Brown (Real Choice)

Hicks: O'Brien, Bryron Scott

duke dynamite: O'Brien, Paterno

Shade: Jareyd Bayless

Peck: Xavier McDaniels, Bill Lambeer

Robermto: Dick Harter

Alabama-Redneck
07-12-2008, 06:41 PM
How many more wins can be attributed to the improved defense and how much better is the defense going to be this year ??

:cool:

BlueNGold
that's what i'm hoping. I want hibbert to get some good minutes this year

Hibbert is...pardon the pun...a huge question mark. If he develops his body and improves his mobility, he will be a great C. I'm not holding my breath. ...but he will be useful against the bigger centers in the league. Rasho and Hibbert will help Foster tremendously in that area...

DisplacedKnick
No Jackie Christie?

duke dynamite
Just make sure there isn't a Burlington Coat Factory that direction - too early for anyone to be heading down that cold, lonely, desolate road. :eek:

Love to be with you guys - unfortunately I have to be at work by 6 a.m. tomorrow.

Roaming Gnome

I'm not Tim.

;)

ABADays
07-12-2008, 07:06 PM
UPDATE:

He's still using that lame excuse?

JayRedd
07-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Who will be the first new acquisition to get arrested?

I'm going with Rasho for public urination.

Will Galen
07-12-2008, 07:29 PM
So how many posters made the forum party? 18?

And did you know Anthony Randolph scored 30 points and had eight rebounds for the Warriors in his summer league game today?

Suaveness
07-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Do you miss me?

t1hs0n
07-12-2008, 07:39 PM
So how many posters made the forum party? 18?

And did you know Anthony Randolph scored 30 points and had eight rebounds for the Warriors in his summer league game today?

19 guests at the party.

And, no.

spazzxb
07-12-2008, 07:51 PM
Who will be the first new acquisition to get arrested?

I'm going with Rasho for public urination.

Mcroberts for DUI

Gamble1
07-12-2008, 08:11 PM
Larry Bird for aggravated assault.

duke dynamite
07-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Next forum party needs streaming video. If you think reading a live forum party thread is fun, then just wait until live video is added next time.
...never happening.

Gamble1
07-12-2008, 08:26 PM

Gnome: O'Brien

BillS: Hubie Brown

UncleBuck: Larry Brown

Kegboy: Skiles

Grace: Skiles, Hubie

JoseSlaughter: Skiles, Paul Silas

t1hs0n: Lawrence Frank

Mrs. RWB: Slick

RWB: Jerry Sloan

DiamondDave: Sam Mitchell, Larry Brown

Hoop: Bryon Scott

ToxicAvenger: Larry Brown

ObnoxiousModesty: Kelvin Sampson Hubie Brown (Real Choice)

Hicks: O'Brien, Bryron Scott

duke dynamite: O'Brien, Paterno

Peck: Xavier McDaniels, Bill Lambeer

Robermto: Dick Harter

Tell shade that he can have either AI or Bayless but he has to admit they are the same player.

The Toxic Avenger
07-12-2008, 08:30 PM

We are all morally opposed.

That and the Camera Keeps Breaking... :shrug:

duke dynamite
07-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Tell shade that he can have either AI or Bayless but he has to admit they are the same player.

Here you go:

Shade

You're just mad because you can't be here today.

P.S. Shawne Williams rules!

duke dynamite
07-12-2008, 08:42 PM
We are all morally opposed.

That and the Camera Keeps Breaking... :shrug:

Look to your left...

:devil:

aero
07-12-2008, 08:45 PM
wish i could have went, i worked last night, had court this morning at 8:30am then arrested tow people...so its been a busy day for me and im just now getting ready to go to work so sorry i could not make it guys.

maybe next time i hope

The Toxic Avenger
07-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Look to your left...

:devil:

Touche!

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll75/nolan_carrillo/Photo047.jpg
Dukie Duke and Shadie Shade (with Peck's Head covered By a Diet Pepsi) checkin out the Storm. :scary:

duke dynamite
07-12-2008, 09:12 PM
BAM!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c276/tlaurenzana/Forum%20Party/n58205046_32124994_4603.jpg

Tom White
07-12-2008, 09:16 PM
BAM!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c276/tlaurenzana/Forum%20Party/n58205046_32124994_4603.jpg

...and we thought the Pacers had a bunch of thugs!

You guys look awfully bored.

The Toxic Avenger
07-12-2008, 09:17 PM
BAM!

You definitely have the better quality... :(

duke dynamite
07-12-2008, 09:19 PM
You definitely have the better quality... :(
Taken with my cell phone. Didn't want to look like an idiot holding my laptop up in the air for the webcam.

idioteque
07-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Hope you guys are having fun. I going to the next one regardless..so Shade relish in your role as the coolest guy at the party for one more time.

& Dukie it was the Smits Flojo I wanted...and the shipping address is in Silver Spring, Maryland (place of business, my apt complex in dc...it is hard to ship things there). Should have been more specific.

Someday there will be an East Coast Forum Party...one forum party to rule them all. :devil:

t1hson or whatever your crazy username is, your place looks cool!

maragin
07-12-2008, 10:05 PM
More questions for the crew -

Which rookie will have a greater impact on the team:

Player with the breakout performance of the year:

Player as the disappointment of the year (on court performance):

Player to get the most technical fouls:

Player who lead the Pacers in points:

Player who is the heart of the Pacers in 08-09:

hoopsforlife
07-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it. We had full intention of being there, however 2 of our employees couldn't work tonight so Pizza Guy and I had to work at the pizza place tonight.
:(

Bridge
07-12-2008, 10:23 PM
I had to work tonight and could not make it. Be careful going home. We are having terrible weather right now.

ajbry
07-12-2008, 10:29 PM
Someday there will be an East Coast Forum Party...one forum party to rule them all. :devil:
:pepper:

Sounds good to me.

juadam09
07-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Hope you guys are having fun. I going to the next one regardless..so Shade relish in your role as the coolest guy at the party for one more time.

& Dukie it was the Smits Flojo I wanted...and the shipping address is in Silver Spring, Maryland (place of business, my apt complex in dc...it is hard to ship things there). Should have been more specific.

t1hson or whatever your crazy username is, your place looks cool!

:pepper:

Sounds good to me.

I made it to one forum party in Indiana, it would be awesome if we could have a East Coast meetup.

duke dynamite
07-12-2008, 11:09 PM
I had to work tonight and could not make it. Be careful going home. We are having terrible weather right now.
Thank you!

Bball
07-13-2008, 12:37 AM
then arrested tow people...

The 'man' is always cracking on the tow truck drivers. It's just a shame... poor guys just trying to earn a living...

As much as I'd like to make one of these parties some day, I have to say my gig with the America's Next Top Model auditions today, and watching all the hopefuls, probably was worth missing the forum party.

Is the forum party still going on?

-Bball

duke dynamite
07-13-2008, 01:15 AM
Yes

Big Smooth
07-13-2008, 01:21 AM
Does anyone remember my 15 minutes of fame being photographed & interviewed by the Indy Star during the 2004 playoffs for wearing my Chuck Person throwback? :D

Mourning
07-13-2008, 07:27 AM

Typical :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I would vomit in my mouth if Larry Brown would come back here to be honest. I would favour Byron Scott or Frank or maybe even Sam Mitchell.

I like Skiles, but he does have the tendency, like Brown, to rub off on his players rather rapidly.

Anyway, hope you guys had a great time, certainly seemed like it ;). One day, one day!!!

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Robertmto
07-13-2008, 07:47 AM
well I made it home after driving away in the tornado/thunder/hail storm

grace
07-13-2008, 12:35 PM
MTO, glad to see you didn't end up in Kansas with Toto.

LoneGranger33
07-13-2008, 01:09 PM
Kansas and Toto are both good bands.

t1hs0n
07-13-2008, 05:15 PM
BAM!

I look very dorky in that purple shirt. Though my laptop has racing strips so that should balance it out right?

Robertmto
07-13-2008, 08:45 PM
MTO, glad to see you didn't end up in Kansas with Toto.

I was hopin to meet brandon rush.

I look very dorky in that purple shirt. Though my laptop has racing strips so that should balance it out right? sweet *** racing stripes!

ABADays
07-13-2008, 08:51 PM
And the follow-up report is WHERE?

Jose Slaughter
07-13-2008, 09:22 PM
I think we stopped doing those.

It was another great time & it was nice to have some new friends stop by.

I'll have somemore thoughts either later tonight or Monday night.

For right now, thank to everyone that could make it out & to No**** backwards for being an outstanding host. Sorry to keep ya so late, that'll teach ya!

duke dynamite
07-14-2008, 12:48 AM
I look very dorky in that purple shirt. Though my laptop has racing strips so that should balance it out right?
It's still a Dell, so that doesn't make it any faster.

:p

grace
07-14-2008, 08:35 AM
And the follow-up report is WHERE?

The only thing you need to know is the exit question was "Will the Pacers make the playoffs?" I said no because the Bucks would beat them out for the 8th spot.

I don't know that I really believe it. I just wanted to leave with everyone's mouth gaped open.

Unclebuck
07-14-2008, 08:51 AM
grace, you missed the best part of the party. When we painstakingly discussed the Pacers at Phoenix game from last season. It was quite a discussion - not sure who won the argument - actually I think Peck and I enjoyed it, everyone else probably wanted to kick us out into the rain.

RamBo_Lamar
07-14-2008, 10:50 AM
It was certainly fun to pop in and say hello to some of the folks behind the
postings here.

The Pacers are very fortunate to have fans so passionate about them that
it prompts having get-togethers like these.

For what little time I stuck around, it was a fun and interesting time.

Thank You all for being welcoming!

PS: And yes, that place does have some great tasting ice cream!

grace
07-14-2008, 04:51 PM
grace, you missed the best part of the party. When we painstakingly discussed the Pacers at Phoenix game from last season. It was quite a discussion - not sure who won the argument - actually I think Peck and I enjoyed it, everyone else probably wanted to kick us out into the rain.

I'm sorry, but nothing could top Gnome trying to figure out where the nearest ATM was.

ABADays
07-14-2008, 10:43 PM
I think we stopped doing those.

I would like that revisited for those us who aren't fortunate enough to be there. It means a lot.

Hicks
07-14-2008, 10:50 PM
I recorded one round of discussion over a topic (sadly for you guys, it was Marquis Daniels, and not something juicier). My recorder's pretty sensitive, so I need to screen it first to make sure nothing's there that someone wouldn't want included, but after that I'm happy to upload it if anyone's interested.

I'll also get some pictures up tomorrow, most likely.

duke dynamite
07-15-2008, 01:40 PM
I recorded one round of discussion over a topic (sadly for you guys, it was Marquis Daniels, and not something juicier). My recorder's pretty sensitive, so I need to screen it first to make sure nothing's there that someone wouldn't want included, but after that I'm happy to upload it if anyone's interested.

I'll also get some pictures up tomorrow, most likely.
I was coughing so much, that wouldn't be a good idea...

grace
07-15-2008, 02:06 PM
You mean saying that Marquis looks like the manager of my Dairy Queen isn't juicy? :kickcan:

grace
07-15-2008, 02:19 PM
I would like that revisited for those us who aren't fortunate enough to be there. It means a lot.

I'll tell you what little bit I remember.

Who will be the starting center?
Who will start at the point?
Shawne Williams
Jamaal Tinsley: should we expect for than a rhudabega in return for him?
Are you comfortable with Danny Granger the leader of the team?
Larry Bird the lone headed monster

And then there was one of Pecks questions: Do you think fans stayed away last year to punish the Pacers? You'll have to ask Peck what he was trying to get at because some of what he said even made Kegboy scratch his head.

RWB
07-15-2008, 02:30 PM

As usual Mrs. RWB and I were the first to leave, but as I think someone has already posted this is the first party in a long time where there was a vibe we were allowed to be PAcer fans again without ridicule. Sounds silly but I think JO wasn't the only one that was beaten down from all of this. You could include several members of PD as well. IMHO

ABADays
07-15-2008, 04:00 PM
And then there was one of Pecks questions: Do you think fans stayed away last year to punish the Pacers? You'll have to ask Peck what he was trying to get at because some of what he said even made Kegboy scratch his head.

I'm right there with Peck's line of thinking. I do think people punished the Pacers by not being willing to spend their money on the product or the individuals. I would say corporations did the same thing.

Unclebuck
07-15-2008, 04:20 PM
I'm right there with Peck's line of thinking. I do think people punished the Pacers by not being willing to spend their money on the product or the individuals. I would say corporations did the same thing.

You should have heard a few of us (gnome) when Peck said that no one in the pacers organization ever apologized for the brawl, or took responsibility for it as a franchise. peck took some heat over that

BillS
07-15-2008, 04:33 PM

Except that I don't think many people were "punishing" the franchise. That was the word I objected to. It sort of amounts to "I'm sending me to my room until you fix things."

I think people saw fewer benefits (and more stigma) to being associated with the Pacers, so choose to go elsewhere. I think some (but not all, that's why these things take a lot longer to fix than to break) will come back when the advantages become clear and the disadvantages go away.

I think a few people of a PD-like fan level might have said, "I'll cancel my tickets until this is fixed and then I'll get them back," but most just chose other avenues for their sports and advertising dollars and will have to be re-sold on the franchise.

In other words, most fans didn't care enough to punish the Pacers, they just dumped 'em.