PDA

View Full Version : SIAP - haywoode workman to ref in nba?

croz24
07-12-2008, 01:05 PM
pretty cool if he can make it to the nba. i miss the 90s pacers teams.

http://my.nba.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5700017795

7. Remember Haywoode Workman?
The former Indiana point guard from the mid-'90s is trying to make his way back into the NBA. No, this isn't a case of another Pacers player trying to make a comeback to get a ring la Reggie Miller last year. Haywoode is putting in work as a referee, in hopes of making it back to the league as a whisteblower. Workman, who has previous experience as an official in the CBA and the Los Angeles Summer League, used Orlando as another opportunity to hone his skills.

Doddage
07-12-2008, 02:25 PM
7. Remember Haywoode Workman?
The former Indiana point guard from the mid-'90s is trying to make his way back into the NBA. No, this isn't a case of another Pacers player trying to make a comeback to get a ring la Reggie Miller last year. Haywoode is putting in work as a referee, in hopes of making it back to the league as a whisteblower. Workman, who has previous experience as an official in the CBA and the Los Angeles Summer League, used Orlando as another opportunity to hone his skills.
Huh? That was an unnecessary cheap shot...

Will Galen
07-12-2008, 02:31 PM
I've been reading articles like this about Haywoode for several years now.

I did see him in the background in a picture from the Orlando summer league where he was reffing, and I wondered if he will finally make it this year.

grace
07-12-2008, 02:36 PM
Stern will never let it happen.

MagicRat
07-12-2008, 09:07 PM
I've been reading articles like this about Haywoode for several years now.

I did see him in the background in a picture from the Orlando summer league where he was reffing, and I wondered if he will finally make it this year.

Woody worked the Pacers-Bulls game on day 2 of the summer league. That's the only one I was able to see any of, so I don't know if he worked any other Pacers games or not......

IndyHoosier
07-13-2008, 12:40 AM

Why? I didn't know Stern had something against Woody.

grace
07-13-2008, 01:59 AM
Why? I didn't know Stern had something against Woody.

Former Pacer Heywoode Workman.

Kraut N Beer
07-14-2008, 03:41 PM
I hope Woody can eventially make it as an NBA official. Perhaps he can help start a movement towards quality, unbiased officiating as a former player. That will bring back a lot of the lost NBA fans.

Naptown_Seth
07-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Yep. Integrity of the refereeing, which also defines irony at this point.