travmil
07-11-2008, 08:46 PM
For those that missed this on Indystar

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080711/SPORTS03/80711027

July 11, 2008

Get Lucas Oil Stadium tour tickets on Monday

By Bess Davis
bess.davis@indystar.com

Free tickets for the self-guided tours of Lucas Oil Stadium will be available to the public Monday.

Although the tours are free, tickets are required for the three different tour times and tickets are limited to eight per person.

The events begin at 9 a.m. on Aug. 16 with a ribbon-cutting ceremony with Gov. Mitch Daniels and Mayor Greg Ballard. At 10 a.m., noon and 2 p.m. the self-guided tours begin.

Curious Colts fans can choose their tour time when they pick up their tickets, which give them access to look at parts of the stadium usually closed to the public, including a suite and the locker room, as well as go onto the field.

“We’re excited to invite Hoosiers to Lucas Oil Stadium on August 16 to celebrate the opening of what has already become an Indiana landmark,” said David R. Frick, board chairman of the ISCBA. “This is one of several occasions over a three-week period, and before the Indianapolis Colts regular season begins, for Indiana citizens to visit and enjoy this magnificent building.”

Tickets will be available at 10 a.m. on July 14 at the Conseco Fieldhouse box office and online at www.ticketmaster.com.

riverside
07-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Ticketmaster's website indicates they are free with no mention of the infamous Ticketmaster convenience fee.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/050040CD8AE23DDB?artistid=1232734&majorcatid=10005&minorcatid=106

travmil
07-14-2008, 12:29 PM
I was able to get 8 tickets through Ticketmaster with no convenience fees this morning. 100% free.

Pacers
07-14-2008, 02:36 PM
These tickets were all sold out by noon!

travmil
07-14-2008, 03:11 PM
I really feel for the folks that waited in line at Conseco. By the time most of them got in the tickets were already gone from ticketmaster.com. There are stories on RATS that the tix are already showing up on ebay for $50 a set.

rel
07-14-2008, 03:39 PM
woohoo, i got 8 tix @ 10 this morning!

Jonathan
07-14-2008, 03:40 PM
I do not hate scalpers. I would not pay any money for this event considering they will have a an IHSAA Fotball Game b/f the Colts vs Bears Game. I might go to the IHSAA football game check out the stadium.

pwee31
07-14-2008, 10:34 PM
80,000 tix given away.. wow. I heard they even added a 4pm time.

I got 8 tix as did my g/f so we're set

Roaming Gnome
07-15-2008, 07:43 PM
I'm glad that I get to have the tour on "Contractor's Family Night" on the 11th.

I think it is kind of funny how the CIB didn't think that those tour tickets wouldn't end up in the hands of scalpers.

duke dynamite
07-15-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm glad that I get to have the tour on "Contractor's Family Night" on the 11th.

I think it is kind of funny how the CIB didn't think that those tour tickets wouldn't end up in the hands of scalpers.
I'm greatful for that too. As far as I know I am still going. Is there going to be food available for that, or is it normal concessions?

Also, my dad said that the fieldturf is down now. I am really excited about seeing it.

What I don't understand is that I bet most of those people who got 8 tickets probably won't use all of them if they weren't giving them to friends and family.

I guess for them it was better to be safe than sorry.

travmil
07-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Yeah I got 8 because while my wife and I only need two, I have friends that would take them and I had a hunch it was gonna be a tough ticket to get. I called my wife and told her that I had 8 and she had given the extras away to friends and co-workers within an hour. So her friend who is a single mom with two kids is gonna get to go and bring them too, and our friend who is a die hard Colts fan but had no way to log on from work and secure some of her own also gets to go. I took 8 but rest assured my intentions are good. I'm not selling them, I'm giving them to friends so we can enjoy a good day.

duke dynamite
07-16-2008, 09:49 PM
It's just rediculous how much they are going for on eBay right now...

aero
07-17-2008, 05:46 AM
i got 7 tickets that morning...should have went for 8 i guess....ahhh well i know the family is loving me like crazy right now :D should be pretty exciting to see the stadium.

travmil
07-17-2008, 12:58 PM
There's one listing on ebay for 10 tickets for $250. Disgusting.

Trader Joe
07-17-2008, 04:12 PM
Better bring your swimsuits.

rel
07-18-2008, 04:34 PM
FYI
**ONE MORE TOUR ADDED**

for those that weren't able to get tix to the original tours, i heard on the news last night that another tour will be added @ 6.30 the same day, Aug 16. I'm not sure when they will be given away, but they will be again through ticketmaster and conseco. Your best bet is @ ticketmaster online. Don't spend the time waiting @ conseco b/c they go faster online.

Good luck to those trying to get tix