PDA

View Full Version : Who's interested in a PD fantasy football league?

travmil
07-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Just posting to see if there is any interest in a PD fantasy football league. I'll commish a Yahoo autopick league if there's any interest. I'd like to get 12 or so teams. If there's enough interest, maybe someone else can commish an additional league. This would be just for bragging rights, so no money. Just post here if you'd like to give it a go and we'll get the ball rolling.

Gamble1
07-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Just posting to see if there is any interest in a PD fantasy football league. I'll commish a Yahoo autopick league if there's any interest. I'd like to get 12 or so teams. If there's enough interest, maybe someone else can commish an additional league. This would be just for bragging rights, so no money. Just post here if you'd like to give it a go and we'll get the ball rolling.

I'm in

idioteque
07-13-2008, 12:58 AM
Yeah, I'll play.

burnzone
07-13-2008, 01:20 AM
I'd like to play

travmil
07-13-2008, 06:46 AM
OK that's 4. Who else? Surely there's more interest than this.

Raoul Duke
07-13-2008, 01:30 PM
I would like to

idioteque
07-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Possibly this should be moved to Club Rio where it would get a little more traffic?

Indra
07-13-2008, 10:18 PM
I'll play

travmil
07-14-2008, 07:46 AM
Possibly this should be moved to Club Rio where it would get a little more traffic?

I thought about that but I figured the folks checking out the Colts board would be the ones that were most interested. I'll ask an admin to move it after I get home from work tonight. As it stands we've got six. Six more should be a given if we move it to CR.

I also figured I'd get one of our resident photoshop experts to make an image that the champ could display in ther avatar or sig if they so choose after the season is over. I'm ok at PS but some of the folks here are flat out amazing.

Shaggy
07-14-2008, 05:23 PM
I too am interested. When do you think you will setup the league?

MyFavMartin
07-14-2008, 05:29 PM
I'd be in.

pwee31
07-14-2008, 10:36 PM
I'll probably do it. I think a few fellas joined my league last year.

Does it have to be an autopick?

travmil
07-14-2008, 11:05 PM
Does it have to be an autopick?

Live drafts aren't fair to the folks that can't make it at the selected day and time. When you have 12 people there's ALWAYS someone who can't make it. Also, we did a thread draft last year in basketball that took WAY too long and we missed the first two weeks of the season. Obviously we can't miss two weeks of football. Autopick makes things MUCH simpler for all involved.

If you do decide to play that makes 9, so three more. I think 12 is the magic number in football. If you go in with 10 there are too many players available on the wire, and with 14 or more there aren't enough.

As far as setting up the league, registration is already open but there's no hurry right now. I'd like to get it up and running and everyone registered by the end of the month. That will give us time to discuss settings and such, and give me time to make sure the folks that are in the league have access to the PD fantasy forum.

CompACE
07-14-2008, 11:14 PM
I'm in.

TheSauceMaster
07-15-2008, 01:16 AM
I'd be intrested

travmil
07-15-2008, 05:44 AM
This puts us at 11 so we only need one more. Allright.

CapnBruisin
07-15-2008, 04:51 PM
I guess that makes me 1,

I love me some FF

Robertmto
07-15-2008, 05:26 PM
damn just missed it

Kuq_e_Zi91
07-16-2008, 12:09 AM
damn me too

Raoul Duke
07-16-2008, 12:17 AM
Just start a second one

burnzone
07-16-2008, 02:36 AM
I've opened the second PD fantasy football league on yahoo. Whenever Travmil gets his opened, and filled, PM me for the league name and # of the 2nd league, and the password is pacers.

This one is a live draft, because even if someone can't make it during the scheduled time, you can still set your pre-draft rankings on there.

The clock has I think 1 minute per pick, so if you're not there when the clock runs down, it picks the highest ranked player on your list. So I'm not worried about the draft running long like basketball drafts do sometimes.

This one is set as head-to-head scoring, 6 team playoffs, weeks 15, 16, & 17. 12 max teams, and I've also modified the default roster, to include 2 individual defensive players, a DB, and LB, as well as the regular positions you're used to on yahoo.

I was in a league that included individual defensive players last season, and I thought it was more fun to watch stats for D players, and also end up with some games where maybe you had a LB get a fumble recovery, or defensive TD, to get you the win that week.

None of these settings are cast in stone, so if the consensus would like a particular draft day, or time, or change any of the point value settings, then we can discuss those.

So, Robertmto, and tbabyy924, you are welcome to join this one, including my team that's in there, that would make 3/12 slots filled, and anyone else is welcome to join as well.

travmil
07-16-2008, 09:04 AM
I've opened the second PD fantasy football league on yahoo. Whenever Travmil gets his opened, and filled, PM me for the league name and # of the 2nd league, and the password is pacers.

This one is a live draft, because even if someone can't make it during the scheduled time, you can still set your pre-draft rankings on there.

The clock has I think 1 minute per pick, so if you're not there when the clock runs down, it picks the highest ranked player on your list. So I'm not worried about the draft running long like basketball drafts do sometimes.

This one is set as head-to-head scoring, 6 team playoffs, weeks 15, 16, & 17. 12 max teams, and I've also modified the default roster, to include 2 individual defensive players, a DB, and LB, as well as the regular positions you're used to on yahoo.

I was in a league that included individual defensive players last season, and I thought it was more fun to watch stats for D players, and also end up with some games where maybe you had a LB get a fumble recovery, or defensive TD, to get you the win that week.

None of these settings are cast in stone, so if the consensus would like a particular draft day, or time, or change any of the point value settings, then we can discuss those.

So, Robertmto, and tbabyy924, you are welcome to join this one, including my team that's in there, that would make 3/12 slots filled, and anyone else is welcome to join as well.

Excellet. I'll get mine set up later today then. Sounds fun.

travmil
07-16-2008, 02:41 PM
OK I've sent out the PM's to the folks in my league with the league info. I've sent a request to the admins to give each f you access to the PD fantasy forum so I'm going to start a thread over there for our league. Away we go!

Raoul Duke
07-16-2008, 03:41 PM
OK I've sent out the PM's to the folks in my league with the league info. I've sent a request to the admins to give each f you access to the PD fantasy forum so I'm going to start a thread over there for our league. Away we go!

All signed up. Thanks trav

Pig Nash
07-16-2008, 04:19 PM
I'll play in the second.

Ownagedood
07-17-2008, 04:29 PM
ill play in the second as well.

TheSauceMaster
07-17-2008, 07:13 PM

I'm all signed up. SauceMaster's Rebels is gonna kick some :censored:

Seriously though I've never played FFB on Yahoo before. :laugh:

Kuq_e_Zi91
07-18-2008, 07:16 PM
Just a question/suggestion. Why not on ESPN? It's fully customizable and it has live scoring, which you have to pay for on yahoo.

CapnBruisin
07-19-2008, 10:45 AM
Personally I like Yahoo, I dont care for ESPN's Division system

carpediem024
07-19-2008, 11:13 PM
I'll play, I update 24/7. This will be fun.

Kuq_e_Zi91
07-24-2008, 07:26 AM
Are we gonna be able to get enough people for this 2nd league?

travmil
07-24-2008, 09:30 AM
Are we gonna be able to get enough people for this 2nd league?

I haven't talked to burn. How many do you have right now? I'll ask an admin of it's OK to advertise the league on the main board and when we're full they can move it to the fantasy board. But I'll clear all that with burn first because he's running the second one.

JHcutt18
07-24-2008, 04:19 PM
ill play n the second league

burnzone
07-24-2008, 06:55 PM
So far, I've PM'd:

Pig Nash

Tbabyy924

Robertmto

Ownagedood

carpediem024

Magicrat

JHcutt18 (just PM'd now)
-------------------------------

With the league #, and password to the second league.

In the league, signed up right now are:

burnzone

magicrat

tbabyy924

robertmto
-------------------------------

There are 8 more spots left, but plenty of time before we draft.

I can always change the draft date to a later time once it gets filled, if need be.

TRich
07-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Burnzone, I would be happy to take one of those 8 spots in the second league.

Cheers

burnzone
07-29-2008, 02:54 AM
As of 7-29-08, we now have 8 of 12 spots filled in the second yahoo fantasy football league.

So far the managers signed up are:

burnzone
carpediem024
magicrat
pig nash
t-rich
tbabyy924
ownagedood
robertmto

There are 4 spots left, so if anyone else is interested in playing in this fantasy football league, please PM me, and I'll be happy to give you the league #, and password.

granger
07-29-2008, 06:26 AM
Count me in

burnzone
07-30-2008, 02:10 PM
9 of 12 filled in the second league, so there are 3 spots left if anyone else would like to play.

So far, the managers signed up are:

burnzone
carpediem024
magicrat
pig nash
t-rich
tbabyy924
ownagedood
robertmto
granger

PM me for the league # and password if you are interested.

travmil
07-30-2008, 02:47 PM
9 of 12 filled in the second league, so there are 3 spots left if anyone else would like to play.

So far, the managers signed up are:

burnzone
carpediem024
magicrat
pig nash
t-rich
tbabyy924
ownagedood
robertmto
granger

PM me for the league # and password if you are interested.

Burn, FrostWolf posted in the fantasy forum asking if my league was still open. I told him that it wasn't, but was pretty sure you had some space left. He played in our basketball league one season and did well. He might be PM'ing you sometime.

campy
08-02-2008, 09:10 PM
I would join the 2nd one.

spazzxb
08-03-2008, 04:51 PM
any room left in the second league?

Jonathan
08-04-2008, 03:13 PM
I have set up an NFL Pick 'EM League at yahoo sports.

League ID 5343
Password 123456

Right now I have the league set up for Confidence Points but have no problem changing it to Point Spread if the participants so chose!!

Major Cold
08-04-2008, 03:33 PM
I would play as well.

travmil
08-04-2008, 03:38 PM
OK I just PM'ed burnzone to let him know that there are others interested to fill out his league. Maybe you guys will hear from him soon. I sent the PM because he hasn't read this thread since July 30th.

burnzone
08-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Ok, the second league has 10 of 12 full, and I've just PM'd 2 more members, so it should be full shortly.

But I wanted to ask everyone that is registered in the second yahoo FF league if you do, or do not currently have access to the PD fantasy sports forum from a previous sports season?

Could the teams in the 2nd PD league please PM me, or post here if you do not have access to the fantasy sports forum, and I will send a list of usernames to Hicks, and ask him if he will open them.

This way, we can all discuss roster moves, injuries, trades, draft times, etc., all in one centralized location, it makes things much easier for fantasy league communication.

Thank you.

pwee31
08-05-2008, 08:44 PM
If anyone is interested, I'm doing another league with a few friends of mine, and we could use some owners. Not sure if any of you like managing multiple teams or not, but I thought I would ask.

I know a few of you were in it last year

I just created the league, the live draft is set for Sunday August 10th at 7pm

It's on yahoo! as well

League id: 316038
password:colts

Bridge
08-06-2008, 05:16 AM
I am interested in joining the second roster.