PDA

View Full Version : Schedule? Raps vs Pacers?

MillerTime
07-11-2008, 08:23 AM
Anyone know when the schedule comes out? I really want to know when the Pacers play Toronto. Im sure ESPN or NBATV will cover that game. I would love to see JO go up against Foster and then have Hibbert guard him. Those are two of the toughest defenders in the league.

duke dynamite
07-11-2008, 08:26 AM
I'll tell you first off, Google is your best friend.

I would expect the schedules to be released in late August.

Mourning
07-11-2008, 08:31 AM
Anyone know when the schedule comes out? I really want to know when the Pacers play Toronto. Im sure ESPN or NBATV will cover that game. I would love to see JO go up against Foster and then have Hibbert guard him. Those are two of the toughest defenders in the league.

Are you kidding me? Hibbert is a good defender, but also a rookie.... those tend to get called for fouls a lot more then veteran players and certainly more then starplayers and like him or not that is still what JO is. I think he will have Hibbert for lunch. Foster is another matter he usually plays Duncan pretty well and he knows JO well offcourse.

Offcourse... who is going to guard Bosh?

Unclebuck
07-11-2008, 08:42 AM
Early August

MillerTime
07-11-2008, 09:07 AM
Are you kidding me? Hibbert is a good defender, but also a rookie.... those tend to get called for fouls a lot more then veteran players and certainly more then starplayers and like him or not that is still what JO is. I think he will have Hibbert for lunch. Foster is another matter he usually plays Duncan pretty well and he knows JO well offcourse.

Rasho...or even Murphy...its not like Bosh is all that strong.

Coop
07-11-2008, 09:11 AM
Wow..Hibbert is a elite defender and Murphy is going to guard Bosh? That might be the most ridiculous thing I've heard all week.

MillerTime
07-11-2008, 09:20 AM
Wow..Hibbert is a elite defender and Murphy is going to guard Bosh? That might be the most ridiculous thing I've heard all week.

you guys wouldnt consider Hibbert a good defender? He might not be in his rookie season, but im sure in his 3rd or 4th season he'll be a good defender. The guys 7'2" and 278 lbs. He has a solid frame. His scouting report said that he was a good rebounder and shot blocker

Anthem
07-11-2008, 09:58 AM
you guys wouldnt consider Hibbert a good defender?
He's never played a minute of NBA defense in his life. It's a little early to call him one of the best in the league.

He might be impressive in 4 seasons, but that doesn't translate to "not getting abused by JO" this year.

Hicks
07-11-2008, 10:07 AM
Early August

+1

Putnam
07-11-2008, 10:08 AM
He's never played a minute of NBA defense in his life. It's a little early to call him one of the best in the league.

He might be impressive in 4 seasons, but that doesn't translate to "not getting abused by JO" this year.

I am high as a kite on the kid, but this is correct.

He may become something special. There is reason to hope he'll be a better pro than he was a college player. But he's got everything still to prove at this level.

dgranger
07-11-2008, 10:38 AM
ESPN never puts our games on the TV.

Hicks
07-11-2008, 10:43 AM
ESPN never puts our games on the TV.

Even at our thinnest stretch, last year, we still showed up once. I think we'll be on there a few times or so next year.

Reeder
07-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Even at our thinnest stretch, last year, we still showed up once. I think we'll be on there a few times or so next year.

Wasn't that only because we were playing Boston?

NuffSaid
07-11-2008, 05:11 PM
I expect the Pacers to be snubbed again for national TV coverage. So, you better start collecting your nickles now to pay for your NBA-League Pass subscription.

The Raptors are sure to get more air time if for no other reason than to see how the Bosh/JO(/Bargnani) experiment works out. Come to think of it, Bosh (PF), JO (C), Moon (SF), Kapono (SG) and Calderon (PG)...that's a big front-court and a very quick squad. Add Bargnani in the mix and ...

And don't they still have Primoz Brezec?

Anybody got a step-stool? :-o

grace
07-11-2008, 05:17 PM

I hightly doubt ESPN would want to have a Indy/Toronto game. If it's national it's going to be on NBA-TV.

JayRedd
07-11-2008, 05:56 PM

The correct answer is:

Nobody.

Mourning
07-11-2008, 06:12 PM
The correct answer is:

Nobody.

;).