PDA

View Full Version : Kravitz on J.O. comments

Erik
07-11-2008, 05:16 AM
This could go along with the "J.O. Toronto Press Conference" thread or even the "J.O. appreciation thread", but it's nice to have another oppurotunity to thank J.O.
I was ready to hit the sack, but the breathless promo on WTHR-13 forced me to prop open my eyes through the end of the broadcast: "Trashing Our Town" it read, referring to Jermaine O'Neal's comments at his introductory news conference with the Toronto Raptors. And since I spoke with him for a half hour about anything and everything on draft day, I wondered, "What did he say to Toronto-area reporters that I didn't hear a few days ago?"

And then the TV played an incredibly innocuous clip of O'Neal saying, in essence, that the last couple of years with the Indiana Pacers wore on him emotionally and that the atmosphere around the team had become increasingly toxic.

I wondered, "When does he start trashing the Pacers?" Or "our town"?

The promo was less accurate than the daily weather forecast, which is in an 0-for-86 slump.

Let's get this much straight: O'Neal loved it here. He immersed himself into this community. On a team of players who didn't always care about anybody except themselves, O'Neal was a treasure, continually spending money and, more important, time in this community.

When he says life as a Pacer was bringing him to his knees, wiping him out emotionally and physically, he's only speaking an obvious truth. Consider all the madness: The Brawl. The constant Ron Artest-inspired melodramas. The coaching changes. The off-court incidents that sullied the team's reputation and moved new club president Jim Morris to utter, "We will not have bums here."

And that doesn't even mention the strained relationship between O'Neal and team president Larry Bird, which began when Bird fired O'Neal's avatar, Isiah Thomas, as coach.

What O'Neal said in Toronto was the same thing he told me and every other media outlet in the days after the deal was made. He said playing for this franchise had become an incredible mental grind. He said it wore him down. He said it was no day at the park.

So what's the problem?

Former coach Rick Carlisle had a good line about it when we spoke shortly after his departure: "Every day coaching this team, it felt like putting my head into a blender."

O'Neal needed to go. Not because he's a bad guy or a lousy teammate, but because it was time, both for him and for this franchise.

And he will prosper.

O'Neal, who has spent the past three offseasons rehabbing after surgery, is finally healthy and concentrating this summer on conditioning.

More important, though, he has been given an emotional jump-start, a chance to compete for a long-shot championship, an opportunity to play with a solid point guard (Jose Calderon) and an established forward (Chris Bosh).

I'll make this prediction: O'Neal will be an All-Star in 2008-09.
On Indiana's side, this trade works both in the short and long terms.

First, there's T.J. Ford who, despite all the injury talk, has averaged playing 66 games each of the past three seasons. He fits coach Jim O'Brien's offense perfectly. Jarrett Jack, acquired in the deal with Portland, gives them more defense at the point.

What's this mean for seven-year veteran Jamaal Tinsley? It means goodbye, farewell, au revoir. I've said on radio I would walk to Kokomo if Tinsley was in a Pacers uniform on opening night. When I mentioned that recently to O'Brien, he laughed and said, "If Jamaal is still with us, I'll walk to Kokomo with you."

He will be bought out, although general manager David Morway said this week that there are a host of teams interested in acquiring Tinsley.

Here's my question: In what league?

In the short term, Ford and Jack will make them better, and while Rasho Nesterovic isn't a marquee name, he's a solid big man whose $8.4 million contract expires at season's end.

The Pacers' brain trust has whiffed on its past few draft choices, but they got it right with Brandon Rush and Roy Hibbert. Rush can defend two positions and gives the Pacers another long, active player in the mode of Danny Granger. Hibbert isn't a ballerina, but he's big, he has a good head on his shoulders and he possesses a great work ethic.

But getting back to O'Neal: When we spoke, he mentioned the idea of having his number retired, which is the longest of all long shots. But I do hope he is welcomed back to Conseco Fieldhouse with open arms. He had the unfortunate timing of becoming the face of a franchise that turned into a dysfunctional circus, through no fault of his. He wasn't the one getting in trouble -- outside of his role during The Brawl.

Now he's in Toronto and he's happy, and for that, I'm happy. He was never as healthy as the team would have liked, never quite the leader the team wanted him to be, but his heart was always in the right place. Indianapolis is better for having known J.O., and vice versa.

And that's not trash.http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080711/SPORTS15/807110418

TheSauceMaster
07-11-2008, 05:45 AM
Well even though I've soured on J.O. the past 3 years. I wish him the best in with the Raptors , well unless we are playing them. :-p The article does seem a little fluffy though to me. If and it's a big "if" right now. J.O can stay healthy. I think he could do well in Toronto. It could be a very powerful tandem.

What's this mean for seven-year veteran Jamaal Tinsley? It means goodbye, farewell, au revoir. I've said on radio I would walk to Kokomo if Tinsley was in a Pacers uniform on opening night. When I mentioned that recently to O'Brien, he laughed and said, "If Jamaal is still with us, I'll walk to Kokomo with you."

He will be bought out, although general manager David Morway said this week that there are a host of teams interested in acquiring Tinsley.
I'm curious who all these teams are that want Tinsley. :laugh: I'm also wondering which Kokomo they mean? :-p

Unclebuck
07-11-2008, 08:14 AM
I luckily didn't see the promo on channel 13 - makes me so mad when the local stations do that. I just ignore their promos as best I can.

My only real problem with JO the past few seasons is that he was very injury prone, even when he was playing he was almost always less than 100% with some sort of injury. And it wasn't always the knee.

I did call him a lazy player from time to time and I believe he was, often failing to even try to block out, sometimes taking plays off - his effort level certainly wasn't as consistant as Garnett or Jeff Foster.

2minutes twowa
07-11-2008, 08:24 AM
Predicting JO will be an all-star next year?:eek: Kravitz has lost what little of his mind he has left!:kravitz: The only way JO makes the all-star team next year is by default. If he's listed at center and there's not enough quality centers to fill out the team.

duke dynamite
07-11-2008, 08:36 AM
No one has touched on this, but did I just live to see Kravitz write a good article? Wow, I wasn't wanting to blow my chunks all over the monitor while reading this (Like I do with all his other rubbish.).

Not only that but he is sticking up for the legitimacy of this new team.

This is a rare, hats off to you, Bob.

(P.S. This doesn't change anything, you're still a tool.)

Justin Tyme
07-11-2008, 08:55 AM
"The Pacers' brain trust has whiffed on its past few draft choices, but they got it right with Brandon Rush and Roy Hibbert."

Does Krapitz even know who the last 2 1st picks the Pacers drafted prior to the 08 draft are? Maybe someone with some knowledge should point out Granger was the 1st of the last 2 1st picks drafted by the Pacers prior to the 08 draft. My guess is he must be referring to David Harrison, 04 draft, and Shawne Williams, 06 draft. I wouldn't disagree with that, but with that statement of error he lumped Granger in the "past few draft choices" category. I suppose he could be referring to 2nd round picks Lorbeck, White, and Stanko as well.

When reading his article, with no disclaimer about Granger, it just made me wonder if he even knows when Granger was drafted to have made that statement. Maybe, I'm nitpicking, but I don't make my living writting articles that should have correct info in them.

BlueNGold
07-11-2008, 08:58 AM
Very nice...

"I've said on radio I would walk to Kokomo if Tinsley was in a Pacers uniform on opening night. When I mentioned that recently to O'Brien, he laughed and said, "If Jamaal is still with us, I'll walk to Kokomo with you."

He will be bought out, although general manager David Morway said this week that there are a host of teams interested in acquiring Tinsley."

2minutes twowa
07-11-2008, 09:23 AM
Predicting JO will be an all-star next year?:eek: Kravitz has lost what little of his mind he has left!:kravitz: The only way JO makes the all-star team next year is by default. If he's listed at center and there's not enough quality centers to fill out the team.

I need to comment on my own post. After looking at JO's competition around the league, it is quite possible that he makes the all-star team. Outside of Dwight Howard, there's really no other all-star type F-C. I think JO will average around 15-7. Not bad, but definitely not all-star numbers.

Anthem
07-11-2008, 09:52 AM
Did 13 really do that?

That's unbelievably low-class.

Major Cold
07-11-2008, 10:01 AM
If Jamal is in a uni I think we all should walk with Bob.

Hicks
07-11-2008, 10:10 AM
I luckily didn't see the promo on channel 13 - makes me so mad when the local stations do that. I just ignore their promos as best I can.

I didn't see it either, but that pisses me off a bit. Idiots.

avoidingtheclowns
07-11-2008, 10:11 AM
Did 13 really do that?

did 13 use "BlTCH" in the promo? if so, we might have an idea where MillerTime works.

we walk together

Tom White
07-11-2008, 10:37 AM
"The Pacers' brain trust has whiffed on its past few draft choices, but they got it right with Brandon Rush and Roy Hibbert."

Does Krapitz even know who the last 2 1st picks the Pacers drafted prior to the 08 draft are? Maybe someone with some knowledge should point out Granger was the 1st of the last 2 1st picks drafted by the Pacers prior to the 08 draft. My guess is he must be referring to David Harrison, 04 draft, and Shawne Williams, 06 draft. I wouldn't disagree with that, but with that statement of error he lumped Granger in the "past few draft choices" category. I suppose he could be referring to 2nd round picks Lorbeck, White, and Stanko as well.

When reading his article, with no disclaimer about Granger, it just made me wonder if he even knows when Granger was drafted to have made that statement. Maybe, I'm nitpicking, but I don't make my living writting articles that should have correct info in them.

To me, he is obviously NOT talking about Granger. He is addressing Harrison and Williams, along with the Vapor-Euros, and picks like White.

DisplacedKnick
07-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Did 13 really do that?

That's unbelievably low-class.

They sure did - I even stayed up past my usual bedtime to see it after hearing the promo and all JO did was make some fairly general statements about how the team situation was uncertain and increasingly negative and he made a vague comment about how there were things going on behind the scenes that people didn't know about and that made it less enjoyable to play.

They ran it as him bashing the city as well as the team. I wouldn't call what he said about the team or organization bashing though I guess you could try to interpret it that way. From what they showed he never said a bad word about Indianapolis.

Anthem
07-11-2008, 10:43 AM
From what they showed he never said a bad word about Indianapolis.
I watched the actual press conference. He didn't.

Trader Joe
07-11-2008, 10:52 AM
Channel 13 has become increasingly journalistically (is that a word? it is now) irresponsible over the past three to four years, and it shows up quite a bit in its rag tag sports department.

DisplacedKnick
07-11-2008, 11:00 AM
I watched the actual press conference. He didn't.

So JO DID rip into Indianapolis?

Tom White
07-11-2008, 11:04 AM
Channel 13 has become increasingly journalistically (is that a word? it is now) irresponsible over the past three to four years, and it shows up quite a bit in its rag tag sports department.

It seems to have started about the time that Henry Whats-His-Name arrived.

I can't say that I care too much for that guy. The truth be told, I'm not much of a fan of any of the TV sports guys.

carpediem024
07-11-2008, 11:05 AM
Well even though I've soured on J.O. the past 3 years. I wish him the best in with the Raptors , well unless we are playing them. :-p The article does seem a little fluffy though to me. If and it's a big "if" right now. J.O can stay healthy. I think he could do well in Toronto. It could be a very powerful tandem.

I'm curious who all these teams are that want Tinsley. :laugh: I'm also wondering which Kokomo they mean? :-p

Completely agree with you...

rexnom
07-11-2008, 11:07 AM
I just watched the press conference. Wow. I have never been happier for an ex-Pacer. I wish JO the best of luck. He doesn't trash Indy or say anything we don't really know. Just a great guy. It'll be a while before we have another Pacer of his caliber on and off the court.

dal9
07-11-2008, 11:11 AM
I need to comment on my own post. After looking at JO's competition around the league, it is quite possible that he makes the all-star team. Outside of Dwight Howard, there's really no other all-star type F-C. I think JO will average around 15-7. Not bad, but definitely not all-star numbers.

There's this guy Garret, or Garnett, or something...I think he's on the Celtics.

I've heard he's decent.

rexnom
07-11-2008, 11:14 AM
I think JO will make the all-star game. There was NO center outside of Dwight Howard on last year's roster. JO can't make over Rasheed Wallace next year?

Anthem
07-11-2008, 11:16 AM
So JO DID rip into Indianapolis?
Nope. He was super-classy the whole way through.

Trader Joe
07-11-2008, 11:17 AM
I think JO will be listed as a forward on the ballot with Bosh likely listed at center. Either way I don't see JO beating out KG, Bron, Butler, Jamison, Brand for a spot. Wish him all the best and I think he'll be a very solid 15 and 10 player for the Raps, but I don't think he'll see another all star game.

Mourning
07-11-2008, 12:01 PM
I just watched the press conference. Wow. I have never been happier for an ex-Pacer. I wish JO the best of luck. He doesn't trash Indy or say anything we don't really know. Just a great guy.

:amen:

ABADays
07-11-2008, 12:45 PM
"But getting back to O'Neal: When we spoke, he mentioned the idea of having his number retired"

--------------------------------------------------------

That's all I needed to read to completely disregard the rest of the column.

docpaul
07-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Very nice...

"I've said on radio I would walk to Kokomo if Tinsley was in a Pacers uniform on opening night. When I mentioned that recently to O'Brien, he laughed and said, "If Jamaal is still with us, I'll walk to Kokomo with you."

He will be bought out, although general manager David Morway said this week that there are a host of teams interested in acquiring Tinsley."

You should listen to Obrien's audio interview on 1060. In a very slick way, he distances himself from his "love affair" with Tinsley and also leaves the door open for other teams to show interest in him.

He did an excellent job on this interview.

JayRedd
07-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Channel 13 has become increasingly journalistically (is that a word? it is now) irresponsible over the past three to four years,

They're just trying to keep up with 95% of the rest of the national media.

MyFavMartin
07-11-2008, 01:12 PM
I luckily didn't see the promo on channel 13 - makes me so mad when the local stations do that.

I think that we should all boycott channel 13.

Unclebuck
07-11-2008, 01:25 PM

Channel 8 is just as bad. Not sure about 59 or 6, I rarely if ever watch those.

During the pacers season, I have found channel 13 to be the best covering the pacers, at least they have more coverage than the other 3 stations.

Doug
07-11-2008, 01:27 PM

Maybe we should organize a "Walk-a-thon" to raise money to buy out Tinsley?

MyFavMartin
07-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Channel 8 is just as bad. Not sure about 59 or 6, I rarely if ever watch those.

During the pacers season, I have found channel 13 to be the best covering the pacers, at least they have more coverage than the other 3 stations.

We could boycott them til the Pacers season starts. ;)

Or just fire them a nice email explaining the problem with the sound bite.

MyFavMartin
07-11-2008, 01:33 PM
Just read this on WTHR's site:

Indy Star columnist Bob Kravitz said on the radio that he would "walk to Kokomo if Tinsley was in a Pacers uniform on opening night." Kokomo is 53 miles due north of Indy. And when Kravitz mentioned this to Pacers coach Jim O'Brien, he laughed and said, "If Jamaal is still with us, I'll walk to Kokomo with you."

http://www.wthr.com/Global/category.asp?C=77808&nav=menu188_4_9

Speed
07-11-2008, 01:36 PM
I didn't have anywhere to put this, but Bird was just on 1260 with Jason Whitlock filling in for Jim Rome. Not much there but Whitlock asked him if he talked to McHale anymore after he didn't trade him Garnett.

Bird said he just got off the phone with him and McHale was trying to get one of his "good" players and that he really did try to get Garnett, but it didn't work out.

Other than that, not much, said what he really liked about B Rush was his defense.

Said that Kareem Rush did everything he asked him to last year and after they get through adjusting the roster and if K Rush is still available he would have to take a look at him. Which means absolutely NO, I think.

Bball
07-11-2008, 01:43 PM
"But getting back to O'Neal: When we spoke, he mentioned the idea of having his number retired"

Thank you for mentioning this. I certainly took note of it but didn't want to be the one to point it out. I guess I'm still hoping the comment was taken out of context because I'd hate to see the JO love fest sullied with such an obvious contradiction.

And for everyone talking about how classy JO is... I'd caution you not to be too short-sighted. JO is very well spoken in these type of settings (press conferences, scheduled interviews). Plus, he's just now entering a new situation. This is not going to be the place you see him saying taking potshots at anyone.

I have NO doubt the apologists will need to be working overtime at some point soon though. Whether that is during the heat of battle at training camp or in season, or some other point when he starts feeling more comfortable in his new surroundings, there will be an impromptu interview or other situation where he'll take a swipe. That ego of his will brew up something.

-Bball

MyFavMartin
07-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Bird said he just got off the phone with him and McHale was trying to get one of his "good" players ....

Was probably trying to get a front court player to help Jefferson and Love... a guy like Foster, I think....

Was probably something like: Collins and Cardinal for Tinsley and Foster....

PASS!

2minutes twowa
07-11-2008, 02:03 PM
There's this guy Garret, or Garnett, or something...I think he's on the Celtics.

I've heard he's decent.

KG is a F and has never been considered a F-C. If JO is listed as C, he might make it to the all-star game. If he listed as F, I don't think he will.

Tom White
07-11-2008, 02:26 PM

I don't know about disregarding the rest of the article, but it is another example of O'Neal overvaluing himself.

Pacers
07-11-2008, 03:18 PM
JO had a role in all this. He was supposed to be the leader of this team and did nothing when the world was falling down. He should never be THE guy ever again for any team.

Somehow I doubt the situation would have gotten so bad if my avatar was still in charge in the locker room.

Putnam
07-11-2008, 03:30 PM

I never watch any of them. I totally trust UncleBuck and others here to clip and post what I need to know.

JayRedd
07-11-2008, 04:03 PM
I don't know about disregarding the rest of the article, but it is another example of O'Neal overvaluing himself.

I fully understand the argument against JO having his jersey retired...

But, objectively, most guys who play for a team for eight years and go to six All Star games during that time would probably have their numbers hanging in that team's rafters.

I'm not saying he should expect it to happen, but for him to hope it happens one day is not unreasonable.

(What is unreasonable -- and the reason few players trust the media -- is for Kravitz to write it in a column. Okay, not unreasonable, but, IMO, unsavory.)

Moses
07-11-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm just happy to hear that Tinsley will be gone for sure..and whats even more comforting is that teams actually want him.

Mourning
07-11-2008, 04:10 PM
I have NO doubt the apologists will need to be working overtime at some point soon though. Whether that is during the heat of battle at training camp or in season, or some other point when he starts feeling more comfortable in his new surroundings, there will be an impromptu interview or other situation where he'll take a swipe. That ego of his will brew up something.

-Bball

Just as I have no doubt the "haters" will need to be working overtime aswell to take anything he says in a negative and bad way, possibly taking his words out of proportion or leaving parts of what he said out.

I think you are definitely reaching with JO here. I wanted him traded aswell for about 3 years about now and he has talked a lot in the past too, but lets see things in perspective here. I'm sure he might say something not so positive about the Pacers or Bird for example, but his critique could actually be legit aswell, so lets not act like whatever he might say might be to soothe his own ego, because though he does have one I also like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

I'm sure he realizes he failed as a leader here. No need to "destroy" the man though. I didn't always like his play, but I have never doubted both his will to win or his desire to get better or his work ethic during the summer or his work in the community, so I have a little difficulty with your characterization of JO here, Bball, as I think it's basically not a fair critique.

I wish JO all the best in the world and a succesfull career for as long as it may last. I am happy he is not on our roster, but not because of his personality, but other reasons and I just got a reason to look at a few Raptors games when I get the opportunity.

Just my :twocents:.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Putnam
07-11-2008, 04:23 PM
I have NO doubt the apologists will need to be working overtime at some point soon though. . . . there will be an impromptu interview or other situation where he'll take a swipe.

A swipe at what or whom?

It is very likely that he'll say, "It was no fun playing in Indiana."

It is very unlikely that he'll say, "Indianapolis is a bad city."

ABADays
07-11-2008, 04:31 PM
I fully understand the argument against JO having his jersey retired...

But, objectively, most guys who play for a team for eight years and go to six All Star games during that time would probably have their numbers hanging in that team's rafters.

I'm not saying he should expect it to happen, but for him to hope it happens one day is not unreasonable.

(What is unreasonable -- and the reason few players trust the media -- is for Kravitz to write it in a column. Okay, not unreasonable, but, IMO, unsavory.)

Hs jersey will never be retired. I was never impressed with him being an 6-year Eastern Conference All-Star. That alone says it all. He never lead although he played a leader on TV. He talked too much. I am thankful for his involvement in the community and the fact he didn't become a bum like so many of the others. As far as Kravitz writing it in a column - if JO said it why not. It just shows me JO is about JO.

CapnBruisin
07-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Just read this on WTHR's site:

Indy Star columnist Bob Kravitz said on the radio that he would "walk to Kokomo if Tinsley was in a Pacers uniform on opening night." Kokomo is 53 miles due north of Indy. And when Kravitz mentioned this to Pacers coach Jim O'Brien, he laughed and said, "If Jamaal is still with us, I'll walk to Kokomo with you."

http://www.wthr.com/Global/category.asp?C=77808&nav=menu188_4_9

I heard a clip on 1070 from this segment, prior to that statement they mentioned how positive O'Brien talked about Tinsley and he responded that he had to since he was the only hope he had at the position. then He did go on to comment that he would join in Kravit walk to Kokomo if Tinsley was still on the bench in a pacers uni.

CapnBruisin
07-11-2008, 04:55 PM

Kravits commented on the dancing Kravits monkey on air today on 1070. He found it quite humorous.

Proving once and for all he reads PD, if it hasnt been confirmed previously (unless that icon is from somewhere else)

OnlyPacersLeft
07-11-2008, 05:56 PM
jamaal gets so much hate it's rediculous....I bet JO feels the same way jamaal does but his good nature won't allow him to do that stuff. Time to get the jerseys signed and framed! thanks JO...hope you win a title in toronto!

Mourning
07-11-2008, 06:10 PM
Jamaal to me is an entirely different matter, OPL.

And consider that he was ONCE my favorite Pacer. Those days are long gone though.

Arcadian
07-11-2008, 06:23 PM
I think JO stole some of our poster's girls or something. Obviously it has to be personal because I can't see how someone gets so worked up over a player even after he is gone.

The criticism JO gets amounts to, "teacher he's looking at me." Calling an NBA player egotistical is like calling a preacher preachy. All NBA players want their jersey's retired, to be the best out there, and to make all-star games.

Roaming Gnome
07-11-2008, 06:44 PM
I think JO stole some of our poster's girls or something. Obviously it has to be personal because I can't see how someone gets so worked up over a player even after he is gone.

The criticism JO gets amounts to, "teacher he's looking at me." Calling an NBA player egotistical is like calling a preacher preachy. All NBA players want their jersey's retired, to be the best out there, and to make all-star games.

I would have to agree whole heartedly. Jermaine did a good job here on the court when he was healthy and was really good in the community. My ONLY problem with J.O. that signaled in my mind that it was time for him to go was his inability to stay healthy.

As for WTHR, I'm not suprised. I'm sure that this tease worked out real well for drawing viewers. Really, I expect no different from ANY local news broadcast. The promo tease that are typically used are so over sensationallized that I stopped trusting them years ago.

With the internet, sports talk radio, speciallized networks focusing on specific sports...the television media in this market is NEVER going to scoop anyone on a story involving the Pacers or the Colts. The only exclusive you will ever see is some fluff piece that might offer a quote that might make you think, but in the end it just leads back to stuff you already had known.

Pacers
07-11-2008, 07:30 PM

Your argument flutters right out the window when you realize that JO has been bagging it the past two or three seasons.

Mourning
07-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Your argument flutters right out the window when you realize that JO has been bagging it the past two or three seasons.

Please define "bagging" here?

Naptown_Seth
07-11-2008, 07:38 PM
He was never as healthy as the team would have liked, never quite the leader the team wanted him to be, but his heart was always in the right place. Indianapolis is better for having known J.O., and vice versa.
I agree Bob. Holy smokes, you really are coming around perhaps. Not so hot on NBA knowledge but at least a little more reasonable about the players you get to know.

YoSoyIndy
07-11-2008, 07:39 PM

I think the Urban Dictionary provides the best definition. #3 is my favorite.

Note: Adult language is included on the web site via the below URL.

Bagging (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bagging)

Double Bagging (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU)

Pacers
07-11-2008, 07:53 PM

You really think JO was giving 100% night in and night out? If so, I've got some land in Florida you can buy.

We'll see this year. If he goes up there and plays like we haven't seen in years, we'll all know that he was bagging it. If he goes up there and sucks, we got a steal.

Bridge
07-11-2008, 08:00 PM
I agree with everything Kravitz said in that article. I'm happy to see JO leave, but I have nothing against the guy. I didn't like how injury prone he was, his many long range shots, or the way he always argued with the refs. He just doesn't fit into a rebuilding plan with that contract. I hope he does well in Canada.

Roaming Gnome
07-11-2008, 08:02 PM
You really think JO was giving 100% night in and night out? If so, I've got some land in Florida you can buy.
We'll see this year. If he goes up there and plays like we haven't seen in years, we'll all know that he was bagging it. If he goes up there and sucks, we got a steal.

Neither did the guy in your avitar, or Sir Reggie himself. Look, I know that you personally don't like the guy and that is fine, but to say that the guy Cadillaced more then anyone else is just ignorant.

Guys that visibly give 100% on the court at all times are far and few between.

Mourning
07-11-2008, 08:02 PM

The guy came back too early several times from injury and would consequently and structurely miss 2-5 games for the rest of the season. That's why he didn't play for 43 straight games this season, so he could rest his body and take the needed time for rehabbing.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has a decent season now, because I think he took the rest and rehab he really needed this time. OTOH he might also get injured again and miss a lot of games. To me that's not bagging it or mailing it in though.

The same as with this "soft" crap he sometimes got here. Sure, he wasn't Dale Davis, but there's quite some middleground to go from DD to Van Horn.

Btw name me one player from the last 10 years who has always given 100% or more every game.

Regards,

Roaming Gnome
07-11-2008, 08:09 PM
Btw name me one player from the last 10 years who has always given 100% or more every game.

Regards,

Only one guy comes to mind... He's a jerk-off and a punk but I have to say that everytime I seen him step between the lines for the Pacers, I felt he was giving his all.

:haterade:

Mourning
07-11-2008, 08:12 PM
mmm... I was a fan of his until I got COMPLETELY and UTTERLY fed up with his acts, but on the court he usually lay it all down the floor I aggree with that.

Speed
07-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Kravits commented on the dancing Kravits monkey on air today on 1070. He found it quite humorous.

Proving once and for all he reads PD, if it hasnt been confirmed previously (unless that icon is from somewhere else)

I heard it too, must be a PD lurker?

Anthem
07-11-2008, 10:37 PM
We'll see this year. If he goes up there and plays like we haven't seen in years, we'll all know that he was bagging it.
Um, what?

Even his biggest detractors have said that he was limited by injury. If he goes up and has a great season, it will be because he is finally healthy.

Tom White
07-12-2008, 09:20 AM
I heard it too, must be a PD lurker?

I was listening to their show, as well. By his reaction to what he saw, he was surprised, so I don't think he has actually been onlinie here much if any at all.

duke dynamite
07-12-2008, 10:33 AM
Thought that was a Badger?

duke dynamite
07-12-2008, 10:34 AM
The guy came back too early several times from injury and would consequently and structurely miss 2-5 games for the rest of the season. That's why he didn't play for 43 straight games this season, so he could rest his body and take the needed time for rehabbing.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has a decent season now, because I think he took the rest and rehab he really needed this time. OTOH he might also get injured again and miss a lot of games. To me that's not bagging it or mailing it in though.

The same as with this "soft" crap he sometimes got here. Sure, he wasn't Dale Davis, but there's quite some middleground to go from DD to Van Horn.

Regards,

Only one guy comes to mind... He's a jerk-off and a punk but I have to say that everytime I seen him step between the lines for the Pacers, I felt he was giving his all.

:haterade:

I have to agree that Ron-Ron was one of the more dedicated players up until he wanted to make his album. He came in game after game and played as hard as he could (unless he was suspended).

Hicks
07-12-2008, 10:35 AM
It is a badger.

duke dynamite
07-12-2008, 10:42 AM
It is a badger.
I knew it was. I was just curious on why it was called a monkey?

That was from Badger badger MUSHROOM! lol

JonnyB83
07-12-2008, 12:45 PM
i use to think JO was tanking it as well until i got the same injury as he has. i've got torn meniscus in my right knee (for sure possibly my left as well. havent got that checked out yet) and its hard sometimes for me to just play basketball with my friends. you just dont fully trust your knee. i cant imagine trying to play the game at its highest level with the injury. one of the only things that got under my skin with jo was when he would argue with a ref instead of getting back on D. and then when a time out was called he'd go back and argue some more.
i wish JO the best of luck in Toronto.

Mourning
07-12-2008, 12:50 PM
I have to agree that Ron-Ron was one of the more dedicated players up until he wanted to make his album. He came in game after game and played as hard as he could (unless he was suspended).

Agreed! Which is why I posted this ;)

mmm... I was a fan of his until I got COMPLETELY and UTTERLY fed up with his acts, but on the court he usually lay it all down the floor I aggree with that.

JayRedd
07-12-2008, 03:30 PM
http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/

grace
07-12-2008, 03:58 PM
I was going to say that in honor of :montieth: there should be a mushroom on :badger:, but then I saw the snake; therefore I have desided there should be a snake around :kravitz: neck.

Gyron
07-14-2008, 11:48 AM

The dancing Kravitz is a PD orginial.....