PDA

View Full Version : I promise I am not crazy

Trader Joe
07-11-2008, 01:44 AM
Ok, I just saw some weird stuff. I swear I am not crazy and I have never reported a story like this in my life. I was heading to bed at approximately 12:15 AM when I got the urge to open the blinds on the back main level of my house. They were closed, and normally they are open, however normally I don't care.

When I opened the blinds I saw two lights moving fairly low in the sky. For a reference point, I live roughly at 131st St. and Ditch Rd. in Carmel. One light appeared to be hovering while the other was flying east to west. The one hovering was directly southeast of me.

My mind immediately thought helicopter+searchlight because the light was so bright. So, I thought they must be looking for someone. So I grabbed a drink and flipped on the tube to see if the news was saying anything, and there was nothing. So I decided to watch the TV while I finished my drink and before I went to bed.

Every so often I would glance over my shoulder and slowly but surely over the next 10-15 minutes the number of the lights slowly grew from 2 to 3 to 4 to 5 to 6. It topped at six and stayed that way for probably close to a half hour.

My mom came down right when there were three and didn't think much of it. She too though began to think it was weird that six lights were all in the sky at the same time.

Now you might be saying six lights in the sky at the same time? Nothing weird about that. I'd agree with you, however they were flying in a distinct pattern with a distinct distance between one another. What the pattern was I don't know, it was either a figure eight with all six lights flying together or two large circular flight paths with three involved in each path. They would circle up to around 131st st. then down to 86th. st. and towne area and then head back up while also repeating a similar pattern from 131st to US 31 and 86th.

Now this is when I really thought it was weird, I began studying them and could tell they were not helicopters and if they were airplanes I had never seen a personal plane like them in my life. The wings were set far back on the fuselage, and the fuselage itself was long and narrow. The wings also appeared to be set diagonally against the fuselage instead of coming straight out. My mind first jumped to the idea that these were U.S. predator drones, but in Carmel? I mean come on what are the odds.

They continued like that for about a half hour, and then suddenly they made one last loop and headed west. I kept seeing them come back east every once and a while and then head back out west again, but I never saw them get as close to me as they were originally.

I'll also tell you this, they were close enough to me that if there was engine noise, I would have heard it, and I heard no engine noise. Not even a little bit.

They had white lights on each wing tip, a blinking red light on the back, and extremely bright lights on the front, these puppies were much brighter than anything else I had seen on a plane.

I'm not sure if anyone else saw this, and I don't usually get freaked out, but I'm kind of freaked right now and I'd appreciate it if someone could come up with a reasonable explanation for what I saw.

Hicks
07-11-2008, 01:59 AM
You said that they looked liked some kind of weird air planes? So they weren't saucers or anything or that nature?

Probably some little-known US aircraft, likely military. Otherwise, I got nothing.

Trader Joe
07-11-2008, 02:01 AM
They were not saucers or anyting one might normally describe as UFOs. Definetely a plane like shape. Flying very low.

SoupIsGood
07-11-2008, 02:09 AM
Hopefully we are not under attack? (As in, another country, not mole people.)

Did you take any pics?

Trader Joe
07-11-2008, 02:11 AM
No, I didn't take any pics. I'm not an experienced UFO watcher lol.
To be honest I didn't get really weirded out til I went out onto the deck and couldn't hear any engine noise.

SoupIsGood
07-11-2008, 02:16 AM
What area around 131st to 86th is this? Near the big castleton shopping center, or?

Oh, just saw ditch rd on reread. Hmmm. Maybe we'll hear of others who saw em?

LG33
07-11-2008, 02:16 AM
Cigar-shaped, would you say?

I think a phone call to MUFON is in order.

Natston
07-11-2008, 03:02 AM
Yeah I remember as a kid, watching Unsolved Mysteries in which they had a segment about a UFO spotting in which the craft was a giant triangle with lights.

Well within the week, one night there was a ****ing slow moving triangle with lights. And as any normal kid, I pissed myself. Then I realized that they were helicopters flying in a pattern.

Pacers
07-11-2008, 03:14 AM
Driving on 65 north from Johnson county, I saw the same thing.

They were airplanes, though. There was a thunderstorm in the area, and the airplanes were circling in a holding pattern. That's why they were evenly spaced, and when they left, they headed west.

Eindar
07-11-2008, 04:02 AM
I thought it was predator drones dispatched by the Indiana National Guard to keep an eye on Tinsley, maybe.

indygeezer
07-11-2008, 07:26 AM

They were airplanes, though. There was a thunderstorm in the area, and the airplanes were circling in a holding pattern. That's why they were evenly spaced, and when they left, they headed west.

Party-pooper

Cobol Sam
07-11-2008, 08:05 AM
this is funny, a coworker of my wife's was insisting that he and his wife and son saw a flying triangle in a corn field the other day, just hovering.

Talk about timing.

duke dynamite
07-11-2008, 08:17 AM
Maybe he saw the trailer for the new X-Files movie???

Trader Joe
07-11-2008, 08:18 AM

They were quiet freakin' planes then. You couldn't hear a thing.

Spicoli
07-11-2008, 08:28 AM
You may not be crazy, but I promise Twes is.

indygeezer
07-11-2008, 08:39 AM

Pot, meet kettle

indygeezer
07-11-2008, 08:40 AM
Maybe he saw the trailer for the new X-Files movie???

When's that come out???

MagicRat
07-11-2008, 08:43 AM

:link:

Trader Joe
07-11-2008, 08:44 AM

Spicoli
07-11-2008, 09:11 AM

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showpost.php?p=755888&postcount=1575

I have more.

Twes
07-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Drinking Peyote at bedroom does have it's consequences.

btowncolt
07-11-2008, 09:22 AM
I am watching.

Twes
07-11-2008, 09:22 AM

You know we're not to talk family business with outsiders.

What have you done.

Spicoli
07-11-2008, 09:44 AM
I see no family business being discussed.

I see deep shades of red. All the time.

Twes
07-11-2008, 10:03 AM

Life in a slaughterhouse

:devil:

indygeezer
07-11-2008, 10:03 AM

Quit looking at your yard

btowncolt
07-11-2008, 10:12 AM
It is time.

indygeezer
07-11-2008, 10:16 AM
It is time.

I will ask no questions, I merely accept the fact that it is time, and trust you to do the right thing to the best of your ability.

Do you need another roll?

Twes
07-11-2008, 10:18 AM
I didn't even hear the alarm with my ipod headphones on and all.

Major Cold
07-11-2008, 11:07 AM
I thought Jayredd's mom started this thread. Chick won't stop calling me.

indygeezer
07-11-2008, 11:12 AM
I thought Jayredd's mom started this thread. Chick won't stop calling me.

OVER HERE!! HEY, WE FOUND SOMEONE WHO"S DELUSIONAL OVER HERE!!!

Twes
07-11-2008, 01:40 PM
I bet Spicoli is searching for lights in the sky over some golf course somewhere.

Leaving a trail of empty PBR cans.

Spicoli
07-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Nope that's what I'm doing tomorrow. :)

Twes
07-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Nope that's what I'm doing tomorrow. :)

Good luck. Have fun.

Get crazy.

Look for those lights (on topic).

btowncolt
07-11-2008, 04:37 PM
I can't continue to live a lie - I'm not really a doctor.

Twes
07-11-2008, 04:42 PM
I can't continue to live a lie - I'm not really a doctor.

No.

It's far worse than that.

You're a lawyer.

btowncolt
07-11-2008, 04:44 PM
http://capefeare.com/lawyer.gif

Twes
07-11-2008, 04:44 PM
Don't make me show my clown face.

Mourning
07-11-2008, 08:09 PM
I thought it was predator drones dispatched by the Indiana National Guard to keep an eye on Tinsley, maybe.

:lol:

Hellfire equipped I bet! :D