PDA

View Full Version : New Pacers jerseys up

ESutt7
07-10-2008, 03:59 PM
http://www.consecofieldhouse.com/product.asp?id=1455

The new Pacers' unis are available to buy.

Rush=25
Jack=1
Hibbert=55
Ford=5 (for now...)

The others weren't shown on the picture.

LoneGranger33
07-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Well look at that, ajbry, he even took old Jack's number.

aero
07-10-2008, 04:10 PM
would be a waste to get the Ford jersey as he will switch to 11 once we drop tinsley...

TMJ31
07-10-2008, 04:11 PM
I find it funny that Tinsley is not even available on that site.

check out the drop down box...

Oneal07
07-10-2008, 04:19 PM
Replicas are for little kids. . where's the swingmen jerseys at?

pianoman
07-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Does anyone know what number nesterovich might take?

JayRedd
07-10-2008, 04:24 PM
He should go with 00.

Hicks
07-10-2008, 04:42 PM

duke dynamite
07-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Replicas are for little kids. . where's the swingmen jerseys at?

They have to send the orders to the "warehouse" that makes them. They could take a while depending on whether or not TJ Ford changes his number. I really think he will keep #5 otherwise why would they go ahead and release it?

I would expect swingman jerseys around September. Dunleavy, Murphy, and Diogu swingman jerseys were not really available until close to December of last year.

I have a total of 19 Pacers' jerseys. Please think of me as a credible source of information.

avoidingtheclowns
07-10-2008, 05:36 PM
would be a waste to get the Ford jersey as he will switch to 11 once we drop tinsley...

or a collectors item...........................

Oneal07
07-10-2008, 05:38 PM
They have to send the orders to the "warehouse" that makes them. They could take a while depending on whether or not TJ Ford changes his number. I really think he will keep #5 otherwise why would they go ahead and release it?

I would expect swingman jerseys around September. Dunleavy, Murphy, and Diogu swingman jerseys were not really available until close to December of last year.

I have a total of 19 Pacers' jerseys. Please think of me as a credible source of information.

Alright lol. . Thanks

duke dynamite
07-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Alright lol. . Thanks
No problem.

What you could do is go to the NBAStore's website and you can get a Swingman jersey with any name and number on it. Usually it may be a little more because of shipping, but if you are anxcious enough to get one, there is your best bet.

On the bright side you could have a nice T.J. Ford jersey before anyone else.

Oneal07
07-10-2008, 05:48 PM
No problem.

What you could do is go to the NBAStore's website and you can get a Swingman jersey with any name and number on it. Usually it may be a little more because of shipping, but if you are anxcious enough to get one, there is your best bet.

On the bright side you could have a nice T.J. Ford jersey before anyone else.

No they only have Authentic or Replicas for customizations. I'm sure Jersey sales would boost if they had custom swingman jerseys.

duke dynamite
07-10-2008, 05:51 PM
No they only have Authentic or Replicas for customizations. I'm sure Jersey sales would boost if they had custom swingman jerseys.
Yeah I just noticed that. I thought they used to. Since JO is gone, I'm sure they will have a fresh inventory of new players soon.

You may want to check Home Court's website www.pacersgear.com (http://www.pacersgear.com) and see what you can find.

Oneal07
07-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Authentic Gold Jersey 47 bucks. . .I hope they have some next week LOL

Hicks
07-10-2008, 06:01 PM
You can get custom swingmans at Conseco Fieldhouse during the year. I thought you could online as well, but I guess not.

Oneal07
07-10-2008, 06:08 PM
Yeah I just noticed that. I thought they used to. Since JO is gone, I'm sure they will have a fresh inventory of new players soon.

You may want to check Home Court's website www.pacersgear.com (http://www.pacersgear.com) and see what you can find.

Homecourt is the best place for all the "non-stars" I might have to pick up a Hibbert jersey as well. People are really sleepin' on him

count55
07-10-2008, 06:09 PM

Just 24 more to go to catch up with me.

robocop's cousin
07-10-2008, 06:10 PM
ONEAL07

they got swingman customs

i had one made once, you gotta ask for it in the actual store rather than the website

true story

Oneal07
07-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Yeah, I can always get the number for the home court shop at conseco or at the mall and talk directly with the manager there. I talked to him before when I was getting my Miller jersey few years ago. I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem

duke dynamite
07-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Authentic Gold Jersey 47 bucks. . .I hope they have some next week LOL
O'Neal?

You can get custom swingmans at Conseco Fieldhouse during the year. I thought you could online as well, but I guess not.
Yeah, you have to go to the shop within the Fieldhouse to get them. I have one.

Just 24 more to go to catch up with me.
I'm trying. Who all do you have?

ONEAL07

they got swingman customs

i had one made once, you gotta ask for it in the actual store rather than the website

true story
It's state law.

count55
07-10-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm trying. Who all do you have?

1 - Stephen Jackson Road Pinstripe
#1 - Ike Diogu Home Current
#3 - Al Harrington Road Pinstripe
#3 - Sarunas Jasikevicius Road Current
#4 - Travis Best Road Pinstripe
#5 - Jalen Rose Home Pinstripe
#7 - Jermaine O'Neal Road Pinstripe
#7 - Jermaine O'Neal '72-73 Throwback
#8 - Anthony Johnson Home Current
#10 - Jeff Foster Alternate Pinstripe (Yellow)
#11 - Jamaal Tinsley Alternate Pinstripe (Yellow)
#12 - Travis Diener Home Current
#13 - Mark Jackson Road Pinstripe
#13 - Mark Jackson Home Pinstripe
#14 - Freddie Lewis '67-68 Throwback
#15 - Ron Artest Road Current
#16 - Peja Stojakovic Road Current
#17 - Mike Dunleavy, Jr Road Current
#20 - Freddie Jones Road Pinstripe
#20 - Freddie Jones Road Current Swingman
#23 - Ron Artest Home Pinstripe
#23 - Ron Artest Road Pinstrip
#23 - Ron Artest '72-73 Throwback
#24 - Rik Smits Road Flo Jo
#24 - Jonathan Bender Road Pinstripe
(Deep Breath)
#31 - Reggie Miller Road Flo Jo
#31 - Reggie Miller Road Pinstripe
#31 - Reggie Miller Home Pinstripe
#31 - Reggie Miller Alternate Pinstripe (Yellow)
#31 - Reggie Miller '72-73 Swingman Throwback
#31 - Reggie MIller '74-75 Throwback
#31 - Reggie MIller '87-88 Throwback
#31 - Reggie Miller Reversible Practice Jersey
#32 - Al Harrington Home Current
#33 - Antonio Davis Road Flo Jo
#33 - Danny Granger Home Current
#33 - Danny Granger Home Current Swingman
#33 - Danny Granger Road Current Swingman
#44 - Austin Croshere Road Pinstripe
#44 - Austin Croshere Home Pinstripe
#52 - Brad Miller Road Pinstripe
#55 - Personalized Home Pinstripe
#55 - Personalized Road Current Swingman

I ran out of fingers and toes, but I think that's 43...with Ford, Rush, and Hibbert definitely getting added this year, as well as likely throwbacks Chuck Person (wish there was a Flo Jo...hate those '80's things), Billy Keller, and maybe Clark Kellogg.

duke dynamite
07-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Nice.

I don't like the new Flo Jo throwbacks. They messed up on the font on the names.

I also wish that they had the home ones instead.

count55
07-10-2008, 06:29 PM
I wish they had a Derrick McKey Flo Jo or a Sam Perkins pinstripe.

avoidingtheclowns
07-10-2008, 06:33 PM
(Deep Breath)

a real pacer fan would have a personalized flo jo. you poser.

ajbry
07-10-2008, 06:35 PM
(Deep Breath)

I ran out of fingers and toes, but I think that's 43...with Ford, Rush, and Hibbert definitely getting added this year, as well as likely throwbacks Chuck Person (wish there was a Flo Jo...hate those '80's things), Billy Keller, and maybe Clark Kellogg.

That's pretty damn remarkable. What a collection.

duke dynamite
07-10-2008, 06:42 PM
I'd have to go home and it would take a while to cataloge mine. I'm not too motivated.

juadam09
07-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Nice collection Count.

I dont wear jerseys anymore, but I have a good amount in my closet. I still have my Reggie Miller Mitchell and Ness and I also have a Larry Bird Mitchell and Ness.

I just went and counted, after selling my Harrington and Jackson jerseys I have 7 left (including Bird).

I have debated getting a personalized jersey, but I just don't wear jerseys anymore.

and I don't wear jersey's
im 30 plus
gimmie a crisp pair of jeans
nigga button up's
S.Dot's on my feet
make a sight complete
what more can I say Guru play the beat

317Kim
07-10-2008, 06:46 PM
I think I know where your name comes from, Count. That's a mighty fine collection you have.

I've got about 18 or 19 jerseys myself.

I hate replica jerseys. The shinyness and plastic feeling is just too strange. I'm a fan of the swingman.

count55
07-10-2008, 06:52 PM
Nice collection Count.

I dont wear jerseys anymore, but I have a good amount in my closet. I still have my Reggie Miller Mitchell and Ness and I also have a Larry Bird Mitchell and Ness.

I just went and counted, after selling my Harrington and Jackson jerseys I have 7 left (including Bird).

I have debated getting a personalized jersey, but I just don't wear jerseys anymore.

I went awhile not wearing them, but I lost about 100lbs in the last year, and I'm wearing them out in the yard, to do yardwork, play basketball with my son, etc. Most fit me like tents now, but I'm working on not having a farmer's tan for the first time in 30 years.

That's pretty damn remarkable. What a collection.

Thanks...BTW...I have to make it 44. Just ordered a Gold JO Swingman online.

a real pacer fan would have a personalized flo jo. you poser.

I have a personalized FlowBee...does that count?

count55
07-10-2008, 06:54 PM
I think I know where your name comes from, Count. That's a mighty fine collection you have.

I've got about 18 or 19 jerseys myself.

I hate replica jerseys. The shinyness and plastic feeling is just too strange. I'm a fan of the swingman.

True, but when you're buying in bulk...

juadam09
07-10-2008, 06:56 PM
Yeah, I only wear swingman or authentic. I am a huge fan of the swingman jerseys

duke dynamite
07-10-2008, 06:58 PM
The replica jerseys wouldn't be too bad if they wouldn't look like vests.

Indra
07-10-2008, 08:04 PM
I guess this is an adequate place to ask my question. I've always been a fan of authentic jerseys. Authentic Colts jerseys, I have an authentic Yankees Roger Maris jersey, I used to have authentic Pacers jerseys a long time ago. But I think this Swingman thing is relatively new, right? I've never seen/heard of them before this year.

What's the difference between swingman and authentic? Why is everybody such big fans of the swingman jerseys, but authentics are more expensive?

aero
07-10-2008, 08:22 PM
a swingman jersey is the step below the authentic, it looks pretty much like an authentic however its only like $74.99 at most places while an authentic is about $199 or so...Id never wear a replica they are far too crappy for me taste...

duke dynamite
07-10-2008, 08:28 PM
I guess this is an adequate place to ask my question. I've always been a fan of authentic jerseys. Authentic Colts jerseys, I have an authentic Yankees Roger Maris jersey, I used to have authentic Pacers jerseys a long time ago. But I think this Swingman thing is relatively new, right? I've never seen/heard of them before this year.

What's the difference between swingman and authentic? Why is everybody such big fans of the swingman jerseys, but authentics are more expensive?
Swingman jerseys were introduced by Nike in the very late 90's. They were a step down from the authentic versions, at a reasonable price.

Reebok made them widely available when they signed the exclusive merchandise deal with the NBA in (I think, may be a year off.) 2002.

Since then they have grown in popularity for the tackle twill lettering and numbering with the authentic look and feel.

Adidas bought out Reebok in 2005, since then became the official clothing supplier of the NBA.

Hicks
07-10-2008, 08:32 PM
I own an authentic Danny road jersey, and an authentic Foster home jersey. I most recently bought a swingman Reggie home pinstripe, and now that I've seen that quality up close, I'll probably stick to swingmans from now on.

duke dynamite
07-10-2008, 08:37 PM
I own an authentic Danny road jersey, and an authentic Foster home jersey. I most recently bought a swingman Reggie home pinstripe, and now that I've seen that quality up close, I'll probably stick to swingmans from now on.
They aren't bad for the price.

When it comes to our current unis, you can't beat the feel of the authentics. The dri-fit mesh is amazing.

Trader Joe
07-10-2008, 08:42 PM
They aren't bad for the price.

When it comes to our current unis, you can't beat the feel of the authentics. The dri-fit mesh is amazing.

Yeah, but I'm almost afraid to wear them. Its a pricy piece of merchandise to wear to a sporting event.

duke dynamite
07-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Yeah, but I'm almost afraid to wear them. Its a pricy piece of merchandise to wear to a sporting event.
Never bothered me. I barely fully wash most of mine. Ususally do a gentile dry-clean.

I don't eat at any games. Sometimes I get a Pepsi or a Mountain Dew, but that is mainly for the cup. That and I fill it with ice and water from the water fountains. I get hoarse by the 4th quarter sometimes.

Pacers
07-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Can anyone tell me what exactly the difference between a replica and authentic is, and authentic/swingman? Other than price, and that authentic is, I guess, what is worn on the floor?

Also, do they sell practice jerseys anywhere?

aceace
07-10-2008, 09:32 PM
Question.... have any of you ever removed the numbers and letters off a jersey of a player no longer with us. Making a so-called generic jersey? Is so, did it look all-right?

duke dynamite
07-10-2008, 09:48 PM
Can anyone tell me what exactly the difference between a replica and authentic is, and authentic/swingman? Other than price, and that authentic is, I guess, what is worn on the floor?

Also, do they sell practice jerseys anywhere?

Replica: Dazzle mesh with team colors, screen-printed numbers and letters. (terrible quality) $50

Swingman: Tackle twill letters and numbers (sewn), nicer quality mesh (excellent value) $75

Authentic: Just like what is worn by the players (probably run out on the court and no one would notice) $180

Question.... have any of you ever removed the numbers and letters off a jersey of a player no longer with us. Making a so-called generic jersey? Is so, did it look all-right?

Yes, my Stephen Jackson authentic jersey. Removed the name from the back, ironed out the stitching wrinkles. looks great. I'll upload a pic.

ajbry
07-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Yes, my Stephen Jackson authentic jersey. Removed the name from the back, ironed out the stitching wrinkles. looks great. I'll upload a pic.
:puke:

I'm appalled.

granger33
07-10-2008, 10:11 PM
I bought a Granger road Authentic for $240

Hicks
07-10-2008, 10:17 PM
I bought a Granger road Authentic for $240

U.S. dollars? Is that with shipping? If not, you were slightly robbed (by about $50).

juadam09
07-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Like Hicks I also have a authentic Foster jersey. I am just not a big fan of authentic and Mitchell and Ness because I am afraid to wear those jerseys.

I personally liked the Nike swingman jerseys the best, but then again I have not bought a jersey in a long time. Moving out of state tends to force you to re focus your spending habits. lol

As I was telling another poster the other day I have many friends who have done that with Redskins jerseys. I always thought it looked good, not to mention it saves you money of having to buy a whole new jersey

juadam09
07-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Your Guide to NBA Jerseys for Basketball Fans

If you are looking to buy a gift for a true basketball fan, then official NBA jerseys are the way to go. Basketball fans can support their favorite team on or off the court with authentic NBA jerseys, NBA replica jerseys or the popular Swingman jerseys. All of these jerseys are made of high quality fabric and designed with the team name, official team logo and your favorite player's number featured on the front and back, just like those that the NBA stars wear on the court. The difference between them is quality, cut, trim and cost. Depending on your budget you can determine which is best the hoops fan in your life.

Most basketball fans are true in their support and wish to wear the real thing, however this is not practical for everyone. Because authentic jerseys are like the real ones worn on the court, they can often be too large for most fans. Authentic jerseys are cut with the same trim, fabric and application as the pros and although various sizes are available, they will still fit for function and performance. Because they are made to withstand intense wear and tear, they are much more durable. This is ideal if you only want the best, but if a fan is more interested in showing support, an NBA replica jersey may be a better choice. Replica jerseys offer the same styling as the authentic jerseys, but have screen printed lettering made of a lighter mesh material, making them less expensive and a bit more comfortable. Another option for your NBA fan are the Swingman jerseys. These jerseys are favorites among fans because they are less expensive than the authentic, yet carry many of the same qualities. The biggest difference between the Swingman jersey and the authentic jersey is the material and the lettering. The Swingman jersey features screenprinted tackle twill lettering.

If you're shopping for women or kids, you'll probably want to stick to the replica jerseys or even select jerseys made specifically for youth and women's sizes. The material used on replica jerseys is softer and more comfortable. Regardless of the jersey that is best for your fan, all official NBA jerseys carry the official NBA and team logos.

You can find jerseys at a number of places, you can either shop at apparel stores or you can take your shopping online. I'm a big proponent of online shopping for many reasons, but beyond selection and availability, price is the biggest benefit of online shopping. You do need to make sure that the retailer is reputable and carries only authentic products. While it's not fool proof, you can get a pretty good idea of the level of service based on customer testimonials and reviews. Another sign of quality service is the ease of transaction and the availability of live support or telephone support. Being in business for a longer period of time doesn’t' always mean that the service will be the best, but it is definitely a good indicator. There is one site that I found that makes the online shopping experience not only worthwhile but convenient. SidelineApparel.com offers a great incentive in their One Size, One Price Program. Often times, retailers will charge more for larger sizes. Here you will experience significant savings in that regardless of the size, you pay the same price.

There are a number of reputable retailers that carry jerseys and apparel for all the NBA teams and often times you can find the same jersey for a fraction of the cost. So whether you are shopping for yourself or looking for a gift for an avid basketball fan, NBA jerseys are one of the best ways to support your team of choice. Nothing makes more of an impact than the real thing. Giving your fan a pair of tickets to a home game partnered with an authentic NBA jersey is an excellent anniversary gift, birthday gift, Christmas gift or just because.

As a personal shopper, Sam Brown searches for the best gift ideas and popular shopping must haves. This article is designed to help basketball fans celebrate in style with the best selections of NBA Jerseys, Youth NBA Swingman Jerseys & NBA Replica Jerseys.

As a personal shopper, Sam Brown searches for the best gift ideas and popular shopping must haves. This article is designed to help basketball fans celebrate in style with the best selections of NBA Jerseys, Youth NBA Swingman Jerseys & NBA Replica Jerseys.

NBA Jerseys, NBA replica jerseys, Youth NBA Swingman Jerseys.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/your-guide-to-nba-jerseys-for-basketball-fans.html

idioteque
07-10-2008, 10:51 PM
I love obscure jerseys and I wear them all the time. I recently got a Sprewell Warriors jersey and a Rodman Lakers #73.

duke dynamite
07-10-2008, 10:56 PM
:puke:

I'm appalled.
I didn't do it out of hate. I did it out of the fact that it made the jersey "timeless".

Yes, I was sad when we traded Jack. I'm not going to get into that or anything, though.

Gyron
07-11-2008, 09:26 AM
Just checked, they have Oneal Swingmans on the fan shop site for $18.69 and oneal hats for under $5.

Wu-Gambino
07-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Damn, and I thought I had a good collection of NBA/Pacers Jerseys:

- Reggie blue Flo-jo throwback
- JO blue current jersey
- Stephen Jackson white pinstripe
- Tinsley blue 80's throw back
- Fred Jones blue current jersey (the last two were on clearance)

Other jerseys:
- Tim Hardaway blue 90's Golden State jersey
- Greg Oden red Portland jersey
- Shawn Kemp green 90's Sonics jersey
- Jason Kidd blue 90's Dallas jersey
- Joe Johnson white Hawks jersey (the older ones)
- AK47 navy Jazz jersey
- Yao Ming red Houston jersey
- Gilbert Arenas blue Wizards jersey
- Lamar Odom red Clippers jersey
- LeBron navy Cavs jersey
- Hersey Hawkins green Sonics jersey
- Penny Hardaway blue Magic jersey
- Amare orange Suns jersey

and quite possibly the most thoughtful (hilarious) gift I've received:
- Ron Artest gold Sacramento jersey

I got a lot of my jerseys of ebay, and the older ones were at a period of time where my friends tried to find the most ridiculous jerseys possible. Also, a lot of these were purchased at the Foot Locker Outlet on 10th St and Girls School. There was a period of time where they were selling Swingmans for 10 dollars! Unfortunately, I don't think that they have as wide of a selection now as they did at one point.

Trader Joe
07-11-2008, 11:04 AM
I didn't do it out of hate. I did it out of the fact that it made the jersey "timeless".

Yes, I was sad when we traded Jack. I'm not going to get into that or anything, though.

Its still too hard for you?

Also, maybe I'm old fashioned :lol:, but I only own one NBA jersey of a player that doesn't play for the Pacers (aside from my Bird Celtics throwback) and that is an Iverson Philly throwback that is the red one with the stars running down the side. I doubt it even fits me anymore, as I got it sometime ago.

duke dynamite
07-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Its still too hard for you?

No, we just tend to get off topic a lot when it comes to Stephen Jackson and the trade.

I'm not bitter about it at all. I'm glad we have Dun Dun.

Trader Joe
07-11-2008, 01:57 PM
No, we just tend to get off topic a lot when it comes to Stephen Jackson and the trade.

I'm not bitter about it at all. I'm glad we have Dun Dun.

I know, I was making a funny.

duke dynamite
07-11-2008, 11:59 PM
I know, I was making a funny.
:D