PDA

View Full Version : Teams interested in Tinsley?

pwee31
07-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Pulled this from the Chad Ford chat today

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=21396&univLogin02=stateChanged

Ian (Indy): Now that the Pacers-Raptors and Pacers-Blazers trades are official, do you think that there are any more deals that make sense out there for Indy? Please say someone is willing to take Tinsley and Williams off our hands. I would have said McHale, but they don't have anything I would want that they would give up (Jefferson). GS - Baby Al (3rd times a charm) for Tinsley and Williams?

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/sn2.gif Chad Ford: It actually sounds, believe it or not, that there are teams interested in Tinsley. The Warriors need a point guard. So do the Heat. If a team is convinced he's healthy, they might pull the trigger. I do think a Al Harrington for Tinsley deal isn't out of the question. Makes sense for both teams

I know some folks don't want Al back, but looking at our PF position, and the style that we play now. If all we have to give up his Tinsley... :hmm: :happydanc

Speed
07-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Wow, I like Al and I mean he'll always be a Pacer to me and he seems to be a great guy, but, I mean....

2 years, second is player option.....

9 and 10 million.

It's and increase in salary, but one less year.

pacers08
07-10-2008, 03:00 PM
man i know we should get rid of tinsley so whoevers intersted take him.Becuase with the way his knees are right now bird should be looking to trade him right now if i was him.

idioteque
07-10-2008, 03:00 PM
I don't like Al...wait a minute, you said they'd take back Tinsley? That would make Al a fan favorite again in a heartbeat! ;)

Yeah, I'd do that deal, I'm not much of an Al fan, but the deal does make sense for both teams.

2minutes twowa
07-10-2008, 03:12 PM
It would be better than buying him out with nothing in return. OB might just be the type of coach Al needs. And opting out early is all the rage now, so Al might test the market after just one season.

Rajah Brown
07-10-2008, 03:19 PM
I'd be all over that in a heartbeat. Harrington is a pain in the wazoo.
But he'd be tolerable for a year or so.

Slick Pinkham
07-10-2008, 03:19 PM
I not crazy about Al at all, but he is far preferable to the turd sandwich that is Jamaal Tinsley.

Miami beat writers on Florida sports talk radio have mentioned actual interest in Tinsley. That was before drafting Chalmers, who they like, but they are still thin at PG.

I'm not sure what they have to give up. It is also likely better than the turd sandwich.

2minutes twowa
07-10-2008, 03:23 PM
I not crazy about Al at all, but he is far preferable to the turd sandwich that is Jamaal Tinsley.

What a poet! You have a gift my friend:D

Hicks
07-10-2008, 03:27 PM
I've soured on Al, but if we're getting him for Jamaal, you may as well do it.

beast23
07-10-2008, 03:31 PM
Wow, I like Al and I mean he'll always be a Pacer to me and he seems to be a great guy, but, I mean....

2 years, second is player option.....

9 and 10 million.

It's and increase in salary, but one less year.
Tinsley's contract is for 3 years. Al's is for 2. Pretty much at the same total dollars.

BUT - If we have a little roster flexibility after 2 years rather than 3 years, I think that is a pretty important thing. The Pacers are looking to improve the team (and its attendance) as quickly as possible. Saving that year could help.

Unclebuck
07-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Keep in mind this isn't even at the rumor stage at this point.

I suppose if the Warriors are willing to trade Al for JT, I would do so. I seriously doubt the Warriors are willing to do that.

Teams around the NBA must realize the pacers are going to be buying JT out, so unless a team wants Tinsley and wants to get rid of a certain player and or a certain contract - there is no incentive for teams to trade for jamaal, why not just wait until he is bought out

BPump33
07-10-2008, 03:35 PM
If this is even close to being true, then you have to absolutely jump on it. Tinsley is gone either way so why not bring back a PF that could even help with the casual fan problem.

Justin Tyme
07-10-2008, 03:37 PM

Miami beat writers on Florida sports talk radio have mentioned actual interest in Tinsley. That was before drafting Chalmers, who they like, but they are still thin at PG.

I'm not sure what they have to give up. It is also likely better than the turd sandwich.

At this stage of the game, I'd take Blount. Salaries match, he's got a 1 year shorter contract, and he's a big. Plus we'd be rid of TINSLEY! Make that deal!

Anthem
07-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Tinsley's contract is for 3 years. Al's is for 2. Pretty much at the same total dollars.
Trading for Al would:

A. Save us about $4mil
B. Get the salary off the books a year early
C. Clear up our congestion at PG
D. Add a decent player at a position of need (PF)
E. GET TINSLEY OUT OF TOWN.

I'd do it in a heartbeat.

JayRedd
07-10-2008, 03:40 PM
This is hard to believe.

idioteque
07-10-2008, 03:45 PM
Tinsley for Blount seems more fair.

I was trying it out on RealGM, Troy is now the highest paid Pacer.

PR07
07-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Even if Al is a bit of a black-hole, he's still a player that can help this team and is better than our current PF's. Tinsley would just be dead weight on the salary cap assuming we'd buy him out. Harrington can help us.

Young
07-10-2008, 03:53 PM
I'd do the swap of Jamaal for Al.

But I just don't see the Warriors. Why take on Jamaal? Heck I think i'd rather have Monta Ellis as my point guard and he isn't really a point guard.

Maybe the Heat would take Jamaal. I'd swap Jamaal for Mark Blount. But they still have Marcus Banks.

But as UB said teams know that we will buyout Jamaal if we can't trade him so why would anyone make an offer for him?

Unclebuck
07-10-2008, 03:53 PM
At this stage of the game, I'd take Blount. Salaries match, he's got a 1 year shorter contract, and he's a big. Plus we'd be rid of TINSLEY! Make that deal!

Plus he played very well for O'Brien while in Boston and OB likes him. he knows the defensive system which is huge

Targaflorio
07-10-2008, 03:54 PM
I thought the problem for Al when he was here was that his game was just too similar to Jermaine's. They would never play well on the same night. With Jermaine gone, I think Al would be a good fit for this team. Nellie is misusing him in Golden State as a spot-up 3 shooter. I would love a Jamaal for Al trade so I'm sure it won't happen.

Hicks
07-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Of course, is Al an upgrade defensively over Troy?

Unclebuck
07-10-2008, 04:06 PM

Yes

ABADays
07-10-2008, 04:07 PM
I wouldn't trade Tinsley for anything less than Jackson or Artest.

count55
07-10-2008, 04:11 PM

I'm an upgrade defensively over Troy.

NapTonius Monk
07-10-2008, 04:13 PM

This seems to be the prevailing feeling. What about Al has turned everyone off? I think the big issue with him is that he can be a black hole on offense. Pairing him with JO was doomed from the start, because they didn't complement each other on the floor. I think he'd do well under JOb.

pwee31
07-10-2008, 04:15 PM
I think it would be a nice readdition. Al can step out and shoot, like JOb use to do with Antoine Walker. I think Al is a slightly better defender then Murph (slightly). Plus he can post up here or there if need be. Doubt the Warriors would do it, but if so, you'd have to jump on it.

I like the Miami idea with Blount as well. Ha i think I like any idea with the Pacers getting something decent in return for Tinsley. Yeah you can buy him out, which still counts toward the cap, so why not get back someone in return that can be useful.

I'd even take Haslem if Miami decided to offer him up.

Maybe the Nuggets or Cavs may be interested as well.

Really curious which teams are mulling Tinsley over

Since86
07-10-2008, 04:18 PM
I can see the headlines now.

Indiana trades problem child Tinsley for Blunt, er I mean Blount.

pianoman
07-10-2008, 04:21 PM
i'd take just about anything anybody is offering for tinsley.(except for Artest, Jackson, or zack randolph) I'd love to see Tinsley get moved to GS for Big Al Harrington. If LB moves Tinsley, i'd say it's been a hell of a summer. It'd be even better if we could land landry too

NapTonius Monk
07-10-2008, 04:34 PM
In regards to Mark Blount....:bond::pity::notlisten

I can't STAND him! I'd only take Blount if he was an expiring contract.

d_c
07-10-2008, 04:38 PM
If this is even close to being true, then you have to absolutely jump on it. Tinsley is gone either way so why not bring back a PF that could even help with the casual fan problem.

It's close to being true in Chad Ford's own world.

Hicks
07-10-2008, 04:43 PM
This seems to be the prevailing feeling. What about Al has turned everyone off? I think the big issue with him is that he can be a black hole on offense. Pairing him with JO was doomed from the start, because they didn't complement each other on the floor. I think he'd do well under JOb.

He also whined about his role and said he should (he literally mentioned him by name) "pull an Artest" to get what he wants.

I also recall a cold comment or two right after the trade.

Eindar
07-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Well, the funny thing is, Al fits into OB's system very well because he has 3 point range, can post up if the fast break doesn't happen, and can play a little D. His main flaw is rebounding, but that can be hidden with Foster and Granger on the floor.

I'd certainly do the trade, but I think GS wouldn't do it as scripted. We'd have to sweeten the deal a bit, likely including Williams and maybe a future 2nd or something like that.

MagicRat
07-10-2008, 04:46 PM
I saw this in tomorrow's paper......
http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/alitsuptous.jpg

pacergod2
07-10-2008, 04:57 PM
A couple things about moving Tinsley.

1. I have a feeling that he will be packaged with Shawne Williams somewhere for a bigger, shorter contract and a possible draft pick.

2. If we can get either Al or Blount, they would provide us with inside depth, and more importantly, because their deals are two years, that is the summer of LeBron, meaning teams in the hunt for LeBron will be paying high value for expirings that year and both of those guys would be large expiring contracts.

3. Teams will want Tinsley once the free agent market shakes out more. The reason being, teams will have spent the money that they have on better players and still have "needs" at PG. Teams will need to trade a sizable contract to get Tinsley because they can't sign him outright without going into luxury tax territory. Some team will be desperate for PG help and their best option will be Tinsley (I can't believe I said that).

There are plenty of teams at this point that need PG help. Miami, Golden State, Denver, Dallas (backup), Phoenix (backup), and Boston (backup) all come to mind as teams that have a PG need, although not all are necessarily options as trade partners.

I am pretty confident we can get something more beneficial for Tinsley than just buying him out, unless we have our eye on a restricted free agent with our MLE where buying him out is the best option for obtaining "our guy".

Will Galen
07-10-2008, 05:05 PM
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="210"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top"> <table class="playerInfoGridPlayerInfoBorders" border="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td height="110" valign="top"> http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/al_harrington.jpg </td> <td align="left" valign="top"> Al Harrington
Golden State Warriors
Position: F-C
Height: 6-9 Weight: 250
High School: St. Patrick's HS (NJ)
Player file (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/al_harrington/) | Team stats (http://www.nba.com/warriors/stats/)
</td> </tr> <tr><td>
</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" class="gSGSectionTitleStatsPlayerGrid" align="center" valign="top"> 2007-08 Statistics</td></tr> <tr align="center"><td class="gSGRowEven">PPG</td><td class="gSGRowEven"> 13.6</td></tr> <tr align="center"><td class="gSGRowOdd">RPG</td><td class="gSGRowOdd"> 5.4 </td></tr> <tr align="center"><td class="gSGRowEven">APG</td><td class="gSGRowEven"> 1.6</td></tr> <tr align="center"><td class="gSGRowOdd">SPG</td><td class="gSGRowOdd"> 0.9</td></tr> <tr align="center"><td class="gSGRowEven">BPG</td><td class="gSGRowEven"> 0.2</td></tr> <tr align="center"><td class="gSGRowOdd">FG%</td><td class="gSGRowOdd"> 0.434</td></tr> <tr align="center"><td class="gSGRowEven">FT%</td><td class="gSGRowEven"> 0.774</td></tr> <tr align="center"><td class="gSGRowOdd">3P%</td><td class="gSGRowOdd"> 0.375</td></tr> <tr align="center"><td class="gSGRowEven">MPG</td><td class="gSGRowEven"> 27.0</td></tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="210"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top"> <table class="playerInfoGridPlayerInfoBorders" border="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td height="110" valign="top"> http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/troy_murphy.jpg </td> <td align="left" valign="top"> Troy Murphy
Indiana Pacers
Position: F-C
Height: 6-11 Weight: 245
College: Notre Dame
Player file (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/troy_murphy/) | Team stats (http://www.nba.com/pacers/stats/)
</td> </tr> <tr><td>
</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" class="gSGSectionTitleStatsPlayerGrid" align="center" valign="top"> 2007-08 Statistics</td></tr> <tr align="center"><td class="gSGRowEven">PPG</td><td class="gSGRowEven"> 12.2</td></tr> <tr align="center"><td class="gSGRowOdd">RPG</td><td class="gSGRowOdd"> 7.2 </td></tr> <tr align="center"><td class="gSGRowEven">APG</td><td class="gSGRowEven"> 2.2</td></tr> <tr align="center"><td class="gSGRowOdd">SPG</td><td class="gSGRowOdd"> 0.6</td></tr> <tr align="center"><td class="gSGRowEven">BPG</td><td class="gSGRowEven"> 0.4</td></tr> <tr align="center"><td class="gSGRowOdd">FG%</td><td class="gSGRowOdd"> 0.455</td></tr> <tr align="center"><td class="gSGRowEven">FT%</td><td class="gSGRowEven"> 0.797</td></tr> <tr align="center"><td class="gSGRowOdd">3P%</td><td class="gSGRowOdd"> 0.398</td></tr> <tr align="center"><td class="gSGRowEven">MPG</td><td class="gSGRowEven"> 28.1</td></tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
I don't think Al would start over Murphy and that would make him unhappy. Still I would trade Tinsley for him and then I would trade him at the trade deadline if he wasn't working out.
<!-- Copyright IBM Corporation, 2001-2005 --><script language="JavaScript1.1">var SA_ID="nbapix;nba";</script> <script language="JavaScript1.1" type="text/JavaScript" src="http://stats.surfaid.ihost.com/sacdcv3_nbapix_nba.js"></script> <noscript>http://www.pacersdigest.com//stats.surfaid.ihost.com/crc/images/uc.GIF?3.00&nbapix&nba&noscript</noscript> <!-- Copyright IBM Corporation, 2001-2005 --><script language="JavaScript1.1">var SA_ID="nbapix;nba";</script> <script language="JavaScript1.1" type="text/JavaScript" src="http://stats.surfaid.ihost.com/sacdcv3_nbapix_nba.js"></script> <noscript>http://www.pacersdigest.com//stats.surfaid.ihost.com/crc/images/uc.GIF?3.00&nbapix&nba&noscript</noscript>

CableKC
07-10-2008, 05:05 PM
1. I have a feeling that he will be packaged with Shawne Williams somewhere for a bigger, shorter contract and a possible draft pick.
When you add sweetner like Shawne Williams to ( what pacertom has eloquently suggested ) a "turd sandwich", you're not going to get a draft pick. We would be including Shawne to entice someone to take him off our hands...just to get rid of him.

I would easily include Shawne to simply move Tinsley...as long as we don't get back a player with a worst contract.

I guess the best that we can hope for is an equally bad contract. :shrug:

duke dynamite
07-10-2008, 05:22 PM
A healthy Al Harrington is better than an unhealthy Jamaal Tinsley.

Evan_The_Dude
07-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Just remember who said Jamaal would be a good fit for the Warriors first (before Baron Davis skipped town)...

R3B0W
07-10-2008, 05:27 PM
I drove past Jamaal Tinsley's house today in Carmel, and he had a moving truck outside in his driveway...movers were in and out of his house loading up the truck...

Obviously something is going to happen...unless he's downsizing like his career...

duke dynamite
07-10-2008, 05:39 PM
When we got Al back from Atlanta, I bought the Back Home Again t-shirt that they had at Home Court.

I was disappointed more at the fact that I spent $18 on the shirt and he got traded, other than the fact that he was traded.

PR07
07-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Pretty much any player (unless their contract is longer) is better than having Tinsley's dead cap space. At least we could move that player at a later date when their contract gets shorter. The powers that be have made it clear it's a trade or buy-out with Tinsley, he's not coming back.

Harrington can score some in the post too. Right now our only low post scorer is Roy Hibbert, and it remains to be seen how effective he'll be at the NBA level. Again, I wouldn't move anything of real significance for Harrington, but I'd probably go as far to offer Tinsley+Shawne Williams+cash
+2nd round pick for him.

Foster/Hibbert/Baston
Harrington/Murphy/McRoberts
Granger/Rush/Graham
Dunleavy/Rush/Daniels
Ford/Jack/Diener

CableKC
07-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Just remember who said Jamaal would be a good fit for the Warriors first (before Baron Davis skipped town)...
Who said this?

Was it Tinsley's Agent or Bird that said this?

:rimshot:

CableKC
07-10-2008, 05:47 PM
I was disappointed more at the fact that I spent $18 on the shirt and he got traded, other than the fact that he was traded.
Yep....that's the way I felt about getting a Diogu jersey for my son. Now I have to go order a Rush or Hibbert Jersey for the upcoming season. :happydanc

Justin Tyme
07-10-2008, 05:49 PM
I drove past Jamaal Tinsley's house today in Carmel, and he had a moving truck outside in his driveway...movers were in and out of his house loading up the truck...

Obviously something is going to happen...unless he's downsizing like his career...

:dance::happydanc:dance::happydanc:dance:

duke dynamite
07-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Yep....that's the way I felt about getting a Diogu jersey for my son. Now I have to go order a Rush or Hibbert Jersey for the upcoming season. :happydanc
PM me if you need the Home Court Discount.

Jerseys can get expensive. I know. I've gotten yelled at lately by the significant other that I don't need to spend all this money on jerseys, even though a Brandon Rush jersey sounds very tempting...

Doddage
07-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Pretty much any player (unless their contract is longer) is better than having Tinsley's dead cap space. At least we could move that player at a later date when their contract gets shorter. The powers that be have made it clear it's a trade or buy-out with Tinsley, he's not coming back.

Harrington can score some in the post too. Right now our only low post scorer is Roy Hibbert, and it remains to be seen how effective he'll be at the NBA level. Again, I wouldn't move anything of real significance for Harrington, but I'd probably go as far to offer Tinsley+Shawne Williams+cash
+2nd round pick for him.

Foster/Hibbert/Baston
Granger/Rush/Graham
Dunleavy/Rush/Daniels
Ford/Jack/Diener
That'd be about right, except for changing one of the Rushes for Shawne. I don't think Kareem will be here next season.

avoidingtheclowns
07-10-2008, 05:53 PM
That'd be about right, except for changing one of the Rushes for Shawne. I don't think Kareem will be here next season.

he included shawne in the trade and i think he meant to show playing time/order (meaning rush would get the primary minutes backing up the wings) than an actual depth chart.

CableKC
07-10-2008, 06:20 PM
PM me if you need the Home Court Discount.

Jerseys can get expensive. I know. I've gotten yelled at lately by the significant other that I don't need to spend all this money on jerseys, even though a Brandon Rush jersey sounds very tempting...
Tx....I'll probably have to order one for my son a month before the Pacers@Warriors game this season.

BTW...how do you get a Home Court discount?

As a Season ticket holder?

Rajah Brown
07-10-2008, 06:23 PM
I like the Blount from MIA deal better. If nothing else, the potential
'Tinsley does South Beach' story has better entertainment potential.

duke dynamite
07-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Tx....I'll probably have to order one for my son a month before the Pacers@Warriors game this season.

BTW...how do you get a Home Court discount?

As a Season ticket holder?
Yep.

If you order from the Home Court website you have to inclued either your account number or number that is on the card. I'll PM you if you ever need it.

ajbry
07-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Warriors would never trade for Tinsley... It makes no sense in terms of their future, their chemistry, and their rotations (Maggette at the 4... ***** that).

The Blount deal makes a lot of sense, however. He's a serviceable player who can score pretty well on some nights.

aceace
07-10-2008, 06:49 PM

Obviously something is going to happen...unless he's downsizing like his career...Your not "pulling our leg" are you? I swear, I will go help him pack... I will. Hopefully he's not moving into a bigger crib.

Kuq_e_Zi91
07-10-2008, 07:16 PM
Somebody needs to find out where the movers are taking all of his stuff. Might help us know his new team...

Tom White
07-10-2008, 07:45 PM

A house in Carmel?

I thought he lived closer to downtown. Wasn't it part of the report during the "car chase - shootout" incident that Tinsley and his crew had headed toward his home, but went on by it to avoid letting those in the chasing vehicle know where he lived?

duke dynamite
07-10-2008, 07:52 PM
Halfway house.

Gotta have a place to hide the guns.

bambam
07-10-2008, 08:42 PM
He owns a bulding downtown, that he lives in the loft. He has a barber shop and stuff like that. So he doesnt have to go out, which never made any sense when he told me that. We did the mechanical work on his building. I will say it was really nice though.

TheSauceMaster
07-10-2008, 08:55 PM

I feel the same way. I'd rather not take Al back , but if it's the best we can do. I say do it.

pwee31
07-10-2008, 09:05 PM

+2nd round pick for him.

Foster/Rasho/Hibbert/Baston
Granger/Rush/Graham
Dunleavy/Rush/Daniels
Ford/Jack/Diener

Fixed
Let's not forget Rasho

Pacers
07-10-2008, 09:05 PM
3. Teams will want Tinsley once the free agent market shakes out more. The reason being, teams will have spent the money that they have on better players and still have "needs" at PG. Teams will need to trade a sizable contract to get Tinsley because they can't sign him outright without going into luxury tax territory. Some team will be desperate for PG help and their best option will be Tinsley (I can't believe I said that).

There are plenty of teams at this point that need PG help. Miami, Golden State, Denver, Dallas (backup), Phoenix (backup), and Boston (backup) all come to mind as teams that have a PG need, although not all are necessarily options as trade partners.

And this is why teams won't wait for him to be bought out. If some team lets Tinsley hit the market, there's no guarantee that he will sign with your team. Giving up something for him is beneficial if you really want him.

Question: If Tinsley's contract is bought out, it still sits on the cap for three years (or however long he has left), right? If so, is that something that might be tradeable when that contract is coming due?

And if it does go against the cap, I'd rather him sit on the IR list, or see him as DNP-CD for three years other than being bought out.

Pacers
07-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Also, a friend of mine just told me that a sports talk station in Chicago is saying that the Bulls have dealt Kirk Heinrich and cash to GS for Al.

Roaming Gnome
07-10-2008, 09:10 PM
a friend of mine just told me that a sports talk station in Chicago is saying....

not again...:sigh:

ajbry
07-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Also, a friend of mine just told me that a sports talk station in Chicago is saying that the Bulls have dealt Kirk Heinrich and cash to GS for Al.

Confirmation please... I see nothing on Bulls forums about it.

duke dynamite
07-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Can't find any info anywhere, either.

LG33
07-10-2008, 09:20 PM
If we somehow pulled off a sign-and-trade for Biedrins, I would get a Pacers tattoo.

ajbry
07-10-2008, 09:23 PM
If we somehow pulled off a sign-and-trade for Biedrins, I would get a Pacers tattoo.

I know you love Goose, but he ain't going anywhere. Hopefully. With Mullin at the helm it's hard to know what will happen next.

Pacers
07-10-2008, 09:25 PM
I never said it was fact, just threw it out there, christ. I mean, he's probably lying, but c'mon. Relax.

Roaming Gnome
07-10-2008, 09:38 PM
I never said it was fact, just threw it out there, christ.

Nothing against you, but hearing somebody heard something on "blah...blah-blah...blah" has to be one of the most tired and inaccurate sources of information we get around here. Nothing against the fact that you are new, but it carries even less weight when a new poster does this.

Hey, I heard the Brad Miller suspension thing on 1260am about 5:30pm, but I didn't want to just run that out there until I could find a link on the web. By time I found one, Will Galen had already posted it.

All I'm getting at is, if there is something substantial like what your friend told you, more times then not...there is going to be a link to an article or at very least some other internet board talking about such. Usually if there is no reference....there is usually no truth to the matter.

Anthem
07-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Tinsley for Blount seems more fair.
Blount LOVES Obie. And Obie LOVES Blount.

I'd happily include Shawne if he would net us Blount.... dude has an ETO after this year.

Anthem
07-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Question: If Tinsley's contract is bought out, it still sits on the cap for three years (or however long he has left), right? If so, is that something that might be tradeable when that contract is coming due?
Nope. It sits there until it's over. It can't be traded.

Roaming Gnome
07-10-2008, 09:43 PM
I wonder if Tinsley's "farewell" will be included in the presser on the 15th?

Pacers
07-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Nope. It sits there until it's over. It can't be traded.

Well hell, what's the point? Might as well keep him and run his *** to death in practice. :)

Pacers
07-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Nothing against you, but hearing somebody heard something on "blah...blah-blah...blah" has to be one of the most tired and inaccurate sources of information we get around here. Nothing against the fact that you are new, but it carries even less weight when a new poster does this.

Hey, I heard the Brad Miller suspension thing on 1260am about 5:30pm, but I didn't want to just run that out there until I could find a link on the web. By time I found one, Will Galen had already posted it.

All I'm getting at is, if there is something substantial like what your friend told you, more times then not...there is going to be a link to an article or at very least some other internet board talking about such. Usually if there is no reference....there is usually no truth to the matter.

I get it. I didn't mean for it to come off like I was reporting fact, just something that I had heard. Sorry.

Anthem
07-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Well hell, what's the point? Might as well keep him and run his *** to death in practice. :)
Zactly.

Hicks
07-10-2008, 10:14 PM
I wonder if Tinsley's "farewell" will be included in the presser on the 15th?

It's a nice thought, but I'm not holding my breath.

BlazinPacers247
07-10-2008, 10:23 PM
get rid of tinsley now im sick of waiting!

bigrichard82
07-10-2008, 10:33 PM
I never said it was fact, just threw it out there, christ. I mean, he's probably lying, but c'mon. Relax.

In this cyber universe you must have a link to anything.....even an opinion (unless stated by IMO)......otherwise the geeks freak

Watch.........

bigrichard82
The sky is blue

bigrichard82
Link!?!

bigrichard82
07-10-2008, 10:34 PM
told ya

bigrichard82
07-10-2008, 10:37 PM
The sky is blue
:lynchmob::lynchmob::lynchmob::lynchmob::lynchmob: :lynchmob::lynchmob::lynchmob::lynchmob::lynchmob: :lynchmob::lynchmob::lynchmob::lynchmob:

:link: :link: :link::link: :link: :link::link: :link: :link::link: :link: :link::link: :link: :link::link: :link: :link::link: :link: :link::link: :link: :link::link: :link: :link::link: :link: :link::link: :link: :link::link: :link: :link:

Thats funny

Hicks
07-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Thats funny

Link?

bigrichard82
07-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Sorry(IMO)......thats funny, IMO

IndyHoosier
07-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Link?

You guys always crack me up!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!

Anthem
07-10-2008, 10:49 PM
otherwise the lawyers freak
Hey, there was a slight typo in your post. I fixed it for ya.

duke dynamite
07-10-2008, 11:00 PM
I get it. I didn't mean for it to come off like I was reporting fact, just something that I had heard. Sorry.
This is what I would do:

"My friend told me ____________, but I cannot find a link to the story, so this is just a wild rumor, but I will keep searching for something."

Just a little friendly advice. Sorry if you feel like I'm stepping on toes, not my intnetions.

pwee31
07-11-2008, 12:12 AM
My friend once told me money doesn't grow on trees. Then one day a squirrel hit me with a bag of quarters, and I've never trusted that friend again.

Infinite MAN_force
07-11-2008, 12:12 AM
Funny thing is, Al would be the perfect fit at PF in obie's system.

Not a big fan of Al at all, but I do think he would start over murphy due to his better D. He only whines when he has to come off the bench, so attitude might not be such a problem right away.

Much as I like shawne's potential... Tinsley + Shawne for Baby Al? Gets rid of Tins, fits a need, fits the system, good PR, shorter contract... hard to pass up.

Hell, if they need more sweetener, they can even have the rights to Stanko :D

Infinite MAN_force
07-11-2008, 12:13 AM
I saw this in tomorrow's paper......
http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/alitsuptous.jpg

:laugh:

Hicks
07-11-2008, 12:17 AM
Looking back, instead of saying "It's up to us." it may as well have said, "Whoops-a-daisy!"

Bball
07-11-2008, 01:17 AM
Keep in mind this isn't even at the rumor stage at this point.

I suppose if the Warriors are willing to trade Al for JT, I would do so. I seriously doubt the Warriors are willing to do that.

Teams around the NBA must realize the pacers are going to be buying JT out, so unless a team wants Tinsley and wants to get rid of a certain player and or a certain contract - there is no incentive for teams to trade for jamaal, why not just wait until he is bought out

I haven't read this entire thread so the odds are good someone has already answered this... But in any case...

IF there was a market for Tinsley, or if the illusion could be made to SEEM there's a market for him then it probably snowballs from there. If 1 team is interested then that interest could fuel another team's interest. If 2 teams are potentially interested, then all of a sudden a 3rd team might want to reconsider him. It just depends on how desperate someone is for a PG and how much they think THEY have the atmosphere that would absorb Tinsley and make him productive.

Sure, these teams could wait the Pacers out and hope to sign a bought out Tinsley on the cheap... BUT there's no guarantee the Pacers won't just sit on him in the first place. Even with the odds high that the Pacers will buy him out before starting the season with him, you'll have to enter a bidding war for him IF there really is more than 1 team interested. Obviously, that bidding probably WILL NOT be as much as his current contract BUT $$$ aren't everything. Maybe the other team offers Tinsley a better chance of the playoffs... or a city with a better nightlife... orrrrr....

IF you really want Tinsley, then do you risk waiting on him and losing him to another team when a box of Saltines and a warm Coke might get him for you? Or maybe if you just add some ice, he'll be your's.

Do you risk waiting and then the Pacers sitting on him all the way until the trade deadline, letting his legend grow, while other teams start wondering if Tinsley might be the piece that moves them up a notch and making their own offers (that could be better than what you could easily offer)?

Of course this all assumes there's really 1 team that wants Tinsley, and that team is willing to believe they aren't alone in that. That's a helluva assumption!

denyfizle
07-11-2008, 07:10 AM
for our franchise heads to be so vocal about TIns situation, it just reflects how bleak it is to move him. they would've traded him before the draft if they really was going to get anything for him. he'll be bought out.

MillerTime
07-11-2008, 07:59 AM
Tinsley and Diener for Al Harrington would be great. I wont need Diener now that Jack is in town. We could sign Calloway (from the summer league) as a 3rd string and will be cheaper. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2749~1024~308&teams=9~9~11&te=&cash=

MillerTime
07-11-2008, 08:05 AM
I wouldn't trade Tinsley for anything less than Jackson or Artest.

you think Tinsley has that kind of value? Sure hes a good PG, but hes never healthy. Hes proven to be unrelaible

MillerTime
07-11-2008, 08:14 AM
If we could get Al for Tinsley, we should be smiling...We basically have no need for Tinsley or Diener, to be realistic. We should also keep an eye on Carl Landry. Hes a good young kid who will develop into a good PF off the bench. Probably wont be an all star but just a good energy guy off the bench.

Ford/Jack
Granger/Rush
Dunleavy/Williams
Harrington/Landry
Murphy/Foster/Hibbert

duke dynamite
07-11-2008, 08:20 AM
If we could get Al for Tinsley, we should be smiling...We basically have no need for Tinsley, to be realistic.

Fixed.

Did you not see Travis play last season???

Travis is the super reserve that we need. Jack isn't going to take all the minutes at backup. Having a three-deep 1 guard position with Deiner included is great. I wouldn't count him out. He is worth keeping (especially for the price we have on him).

Earl Calloway, at IU, and during this summer league play is doing great. Two caveats though, his assist to turnover ratio, and his ability to control the floor. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, Diener has been in the league now for 3 years, but Calloway cannot play the 1 guard as well as Travis. We are better off letting Earl go in training camp and preseason(assuming he gets invited), cut him and another team needing his services can pick him up.

I really think a lot of the people on here have a little bit of a Jungle Fever for Earl Calloway since he is an IU boy. He's a solid player, but not solid enough for our roster just yet.

Doddage
07-11-2008, 08:26 AM
If we could get Al at the meager price of Tins, I'd do it. I'm not a big Al fan or anything but it is more value than we can ask for.

Although, if he did come back, I'd want him to come off the bench for Murph. Not only does Murph have the biggest contract on the team and should thus be made the most of, but Al has proven to be most effective in the sixth man role. I know he doesn't like coming off the bench, but he's getting older and he needs to know his role. Guys like him and Ben Gordon belong on the bench. That's not knocking on him by any stretch, but it's just the way it is. Murph's a better rebounder than him anyway.

duke dynamite
07-11-2008, 08:30 AM
If we could get Al at the meager price of Tins, I'd do it. I'm not a big Al fan or anything but it is more value than we can ask for.

Although, if he did come back, I'd want him to come off the bench for Murph. Not only does Murph have the biggest contract on the team and should thus be made the most of, but Al has proven to be most effective in the sixth man role. I know he doesn't like coming off the bench, but he's getting older and he needs to know his role. Guys like him and Ben Gordon belong on the bench. That's not knocking on him by any stretch, but it's just the way it is. Murph's a better rebounder than him anyway.

Well, the bright side is that maybe Al doesn't have a problem with that anymore. I think they addressed that back when we got him back from Atlanta. Along with Brad Miller, I think that he wanted to remain in Indiana at all costs, which means probably settling with a backup role.

With all that said, it doesn't mean Murph couldn't go to center and Al play PF at some point where size is needed from the start.

Anthem
07-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Well, the bright side is that maybe Al doesn't have a problem with that anymore. I think they addressed that back when we got him back from Atlanta. Along with Brad Miller, I think that he wanted to remain in Indiana at all costs, which means probably settling with a backup role.
What? That was why we shipped him out... he was making noise about not wanting to be a backup.

With all that said, it doesn't mean Murph couldn't go to center
Ack. I'm desperately hoping that the additions of Rasho and Hibbert mean that Murph doesn't get a single minute of PT at center this year.

MillerTime
07-11-2008, 09:51 AM

i dont know if you're mocking Murphy for having the biggest contract, but consider the fact that Murphy is getting $10,126,984. $10,126,984 is not bad for the top salary on a team. Consider other teams:

Atlanta - Joe Johnson $14,232,567
Boston - Kevin Garnett $24,751,934
Charlotte - Jason Richardson $12,222,221
Chicago - Kirk Hinrich $10,000,000
Cleveland - Ben Wallace $14,500,000 (he making more than Lebron?)
Dallas - Dirk Nowitzki $18,077,904
Denver - Allen Iverson $20,840,625
Detroit - Rasheed Wallace $13,930,000
Golden State - Al Harrington $9,226,250 (this wont be true for long)
Houston - Tracy McGrady $20,370,437
Indiana - Troy Murphy $10,126,984
Los Angeles Clippers - Baron
Los Angeles Lakers - Kobe Bryant $21,262,500
Memphis - Darko Milicic $7,020,000
Miami - Dwyane Wade $14,410,581 (thats it?)
Milwaukee - Richard Jefferson (TR) $13,200,000
Minnesota - Al Jefferson (BYC) $11,000,000
New Jersey - Vince Carter $14,724,125
New Orleans - Chris Paul
New York - Stephon Marbury $20,840,625
Oklahoma City - Chris Wilcox $6,750,000
Orlando - Rashard Lewis $16,447,871
Philadelphia - Brand
Phoenix - Shaquille O'Neal $21,000,000
Portland - Raef LaFrentz $12,722,500
Sacramento - Brad Miller $11,375,000
San Antonio - Tim Duncan $20,598,704
Toronto - Jermaine O'Neal $21,372,000
Utah - Andrei Kirilenko $15,106,000
Washington - Arenas

Considering that our highest contract is making $10 million next season, thats not bad. Im sure Granger's contract will be compareable

BobbyMac
07-11-2008, 09:57 AM

Al doesn't play defense, doesn't rebound and pouts when he gets a bad call....I think he would be a good backup....I would trade Tinsley for him.

MillerTime
07-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Al doesn't play defense, doesn't rebound and pouts when he gets a bad call....I think he would be a good backup....I would trade Tinsley for him.

i agree. Hes lost on defence. Hes a good guy off the bench. But we literally dont need Tinsley anymore. We just need to find a team that would want him. Wouldnt the Warriors use Monta at PG?

Anthem
07-11-2008, 10:10 AM
is Al an upgrade defensively over Troy?

Al doesn't play defense, doesn't rebound and pouts when he gets a bad call....
So.... yes!

I still think Blount's a better option. Tinsley+Shawne for Blount.

avoidingtheclowns
07-11-2008, 10:19 AM
So.... yes!

I still think Blount's a better option. Tinsley+Shawne for Blount.

except

the heat do need a PG but they also clearly need a C, cause right now they've got blount, joel anthony and then they might re-sign alonzo who is still having work done on his ancient knee. why not just keep blount and work it with mario/marcus/quinn at PG for this year, see what happens with the superintendent chalmers.
blount is terrible at basketball. adding shawne seems like overkill.

Hicks
07-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Including Shawne just to get Blount would be idiotic of Morway/Bird.

2minutes twowa
07-11-2008, 10:25 AM
I don't want to give up Shawne at all. This is his make or break season. Let's see what happens.

Doddage
07-11-2008, 10:26 AM
i dont know if you're mocking Murphy for having the biggest contract, but consider the fact that Murphy is getting $10,126,984. $10,126,984 is not bad for the top salary on a team.
Not necessarily. I was just stating a fact and how that fact should go into consideration towards the role he's given on the team. I suppose it doesn't matter, but I'd like to see the highest paid player on the team produce, at least, at a somewhat reasonable level. Murph did that down the stretch last season and at that rate, he should unquestionably be the starter this season, even if Al were to be on the team again.

What one makes of the fact that he's the highest paid is beyond my control.

MillerTime
07-11-2008, 10:28 AM
Including Shawne just to get Blount would be idiotic of Morway/Bird.

i agree. Theres just too much potential that we're giving up for just acquiring Blount. I really want to see how he plays this year. He admitted to all the mistakes he made and said that this should be his breakout season. I dont mind keeping him for one more year. Another thing, the new players that we got this season bring in a new attitude and could hopefully clean up the image we have had for the past 4 seasons

DisplacedKnick
07-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Al Harrington was a lousy fit for the Pacers when you had Jermaine O'Neal which is why trading for him was an idiotic move.

You no longer have Jermaine O'Neal. Not that he'd be fantastic or anything, but it's a much better match now.

OTD
07-11-2008, 10:35 AM
Before Al blowed his knee out he was on his way to a great player. Never have understood what happened to him.

Jonathan
07-11-2008, 10:36 AM
I don't want to give up Shawne at all. This is his make or break season. Let's see what happens.

I agree with you 100%

Jonathan
07-11-2008, 11:01 AM
Before Al blowed his knee out he was on his way to a great player. Never have understood what happened to him.

I disagree with you calling him a great player. He was a very good sixth man on the Pacers. Wanted to be the man so we traded him for Step Jack to ATL. He put up decent numbers in everything except wins & assists in ATL.

Trader Joe
07-11-2008, 11:15 AM
My keen deducing skills tell me, that if there were teams interested in Tinsley, then Tinsley would already be gone, thus there are no teams interested in Tinsley.

rexnom
07-11-2008, 11:17 AM
My keen deducing skills tell me, that if there were teams interested in Tinsley, then Tinsley would already be gone, thus there are no teams interested in Tinsley.
Or maybe teams are waiting to see hat Shawne Williams can do in summer league/wait for the FA period to die down.

Trader Joe
07-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Or maybe teams are waiting to see hat Shawne Williams can do in summer league/wait for the FA period to die down.

Then they are not interested in him right now because if a team was offering a bag of cow feces for Tinsley I'm pretty sure Bird would have taken it by now.

Justin Tyme
07-11-2008, 12:16 PM
i agree. Theres just too much potential that we're giving up for just acquiring Blount. I really want to see how he plays this year. He admitted to all the mistakes he made and said that this should be his breakout season. I dont mind keeping him for one more year. Another thing, the new players that we got this season bring in a new attitude and could hopefully clean up the image we have had for the past 4 seasons

You and Hicks are missing the point! You aren't acquiring Blount, but "getting rid" of Tinsley, so you don't eat his salary for the next 3 years. In return, you are getting a serviceable player with a year less contract. If it takes Shawne to get rid of Tinsley, then so be it. I'm tired of hearing about his "P". He's getting 3 rebs and making 4 TO's in Summer League against wannabes. WOW!

Just keep in mind Blount will have an expiring contract next year to work with in trading! Shorter contract, serviceable big man, future expiring to work with in trades next season, and most of all TINSLEY GONE!!!!!!!!!! Thinking in those terms it's a GREAT DEAL, even with throwing in Shawne.

Ding dong the witch is dead!!!!:dance::dance::dance:

CableKC
07-11-2008, 12:38 PM
You and Hicks are missing the point! You aren't acquiring Blount, but "getting rid" of Tinsley, so you don't eat his salary for the next 3 years. In return, you are getting a serviceable player with a year less contract. If it takes Shawne to get rid of Tinsley, then so be it. I'm tired of hearing about his "P". He's getting 3 rebs and making 4 TO's in Summer League against wannabes. WOW!

Just keep in mind Blount will have an expiring contract next year to work with in trading! Shorter contract, serviceable big man, future expiring to work with in trades next season, and most of all TINSLEY GONE!!!!!!!!!! Thinking in those terms it's a GREAT DEAL, even with throwing in Shawne.

Ding dong the witch is dead!!!!:dance::dance::dance:
I agree with you in principle about Tinsley and Shawne......I really don't want the Pacers to buyout Tinsley....but accept that it would be a likely scenario IF we do not trade him. At this point....although we can all salivate at the potential that Shawne brings to the table....I wouldn't mind keeping him...but equally wouldn't mind including him as "sweetner" to entice a team into taking Tinsley.

Also....I don't entirely buy that there are teams that are THAT interested in Tinsley notion.....at most...I think there maybe some small "passing" interest in him. I think that nothing has happened ( as of yet ) either because of obvious "health" concerns, an unwillingness from the Pacers to "sweeten" the pot to take a "problem" child that TPTB have pretty much "disavowed" or that the GM is simply waiting for the Pacers to simply buy out so that they can get him for cheap.

As for the Heat being interested in Tinsley.....keep in mind that they are interested in freeing up Capspace for the 2010-2011 Free Agent market. Although they have a need at the PG spot...I don't think that they are desperate enough to move Blount to fill a need for someone that will mess up their 2010-2011 capspace.

Either way, unless there is a player that a team wants to desperately get rid of and we end up with a "you take my problem child and I take yours" type deal ( probably one that has an equal contract in size and length )......I'm still expecting a buyout.

maragin
07-11-2008, 12:47 PM
I woke up this morning in a cold sweat because I dreamed that we traded for Al Harrington again and lost a first round draft pick. It's just a dream... it's just a dream....

Wow, three posters in a row with the mood: Cynical

duke dynamite
07-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Then they are not interested in him right now because if a team was offering a bag of cow feces for Tinsley I'm pretty sure Bird would have taken it by now.

Gotta take care of the plants somehow.

Justin Tyme
07-11-2008, 02:01 PM
I woke up this morning in a cold sweat because I dreamed that we traded for Al Harrington again and lost a first round draft pick. It's just a dream... it's just a dream....

Wow, three posters in a row with the mood: Cynical

That's the best laugh I've had today.

I'm not sure I'll ever get over that deal when I was so adamant Harrington was a mistake to bring back. Grrr!

In order to get rid of Tinsley, I'd do a 3rd time charm with Harrington with the view of trading him ASAP.

Anthem
07-11-2008, 02:08 PM
In order to get rid of Tinsley, I'd do a 3rd time charm with Harrington with the view of trading him ASAP.
I wonder if Houston would take him in a S&T for Landry... :chin:

That's a deal that would make sense for the Pacers.

Justin Tyme
07-11-2008, 02:43 PM
I wonder if Houston would take him in a S&T for Landry... :chin:

That's a deal that would make sense for the Pacers.

Wishful thinking, but talk about a team PG poor with Alston, Brooks, Head, James and Francis.

speakout4
07-11-2008, 02:55 PM
I agree with you 100%
And I agree with both of you. This is the year he shows something or he's let go. For the amount he's paid it would be incredibly short-sighted to toss him now. The tinsley purge will change the perception of the team and if necessary Shawne can follow him but right now I want to see if he is a basketball player. I am hoping he is.

Anthem
07-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Wishful thinking, but talk about a team PG poor with Alston, Brooks, Head, James and Francis.
By "him" I meant Baby Al. Trade Tinsley for him, then immediately send him to Houston.

LG33
07-11-2008, 03:00 PM
"There is talk that if Stephon Marbury and Jamaal Tinsley are released from their super-sized deals, the Magic could pursue either player for a minimum contract. While Marbury is the more talented of the two, he brings more baggage and Tinsley would be a better fit, as he offers size and a defensive presence."

Excellent.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/29/100276794_548c83c4eb.jpg

http://mvn.com/nba-magic/2008/07/10/orlando-looks-to-sign-jason-williams-trade-jj/

avoidingtheclowns
07-11-2008, 03:05 PM
While Marbury is the more talented of the two, he brings more baggage and Tinsley would be a better fit, as he offers size and a defensive presence."

i do not think they mean what they think they do.

2minutes twowa
07-11-2008, 03:26 PM
While Marbury is the more talented of the two, he brings more baggage and Tinsley would be a better fit, as he offers size and a defensive presence."

Maybe they meant defensive "presents". As in giving the opponent a lane to the basket with a bow on it:D

Justin Tyme
07-11-2008, 05:07 PM
By "him" I meant Baby Al. Trade Tinsley for him, then immediately send him to Houston.

I like that idea! You got any suggestions how to get this done? I'm available to drive either Tinsley and/or Harrington to the airport to catch a plane to their new team. I'll even pick up Landry at the airport and take him to Conseco too. No sacrifice is too great to get rid of Tinsley!:D

Pacers
07-11-2008, 09:43 PM
How about this:

We find a team that is willing to take on Tinsley's contract. Any team anywhere. Then have that team sign any one of their free agents to a deal that matches Tinsley's, but make it a 1 year deal. Even if it's someone like Maceo Baston, it doesn't matter. Pay him 7 mil or 22 mil or however much, who cares, and then have the other team throw in a 1st.

Then you can either keep the guy or just buy his contract out. It gets Tinsley's contract off the books two years earlier, and gets us a pick.

And if no team will throw in a pick, just the player will do.

Is this even possible?

d_c
07-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Is this even possible?

So basically, you're asking someone else to take on Tinsley last remaing 3 years for nothing (and even having that team GIVE YOU a pick?)

Possible? Sure. Likely? Not at all.

Anthem
07-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Not possible, Pacers. Or at least, possible but difficult.

Base Year Compensation exists to prevent exactly this.

Pacers
07-11-2008, 10:35 PM
I don't know much about how the cap works in the NBA. Can you explain a bit more?

So basically, you're asking someone else to take on Tinsley last remaing 3 years for nothing (and even having that team GIVE YOU a pick?)

The team would be getting Jamaal for a 1st rounder and a scrub. Why wouldn't they do that?

Anthem
07-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Why wouldn't they do that?
Trust us, they wouldn't.

If a team was going to play that kind of sleight-of-hand, we'd be compensating THEM. Maybe not much, but a little. Future 2nd or something.

d_c
07-12-2008, 12:19 AM
I don't know much about how the cap works in the NBA. Can you explain a bit more?

The team would be getting Jamaal for a 1st rounder and a scrub. Why wouldn't they do that?

Because every team in the league would rather have a scrub with only 1 year left on his deal (or with what you propose, let said scrub walk away) rather than put up with everything Tinsley has to offer at 3 years and $21M.

Tinsley has something that we refer to as negative value. That means that if the Pacers want to trade him to another team, the other team will be the ones asking for a pick in return.

Ask yourself this: If you're willing to do anything to get this guy off your roster and your cap, what all of a sudden makes him have value to other teams?

Every other team in the league views him exactly the same way you and the Pacers view him: they'd rather not have him on their team taking up a roster spot and capspace.

spazzxb
07-12-2008, 03:24 AM
people said the same thing about Stephen Jackson. He is injured to much, but puts up good numbers. While the Suns OT was disgracefull alot of the problem here is the fans hatred (just like Jackson). If it weren't for PR JT would probably be demoted to a backup over being bought out.

d_c
07-12-2008, 04:15 AM
people said the same thing about Stephen Jackson. He is injured to much, but puts up good numbers. While the Suns OT was disgracefull alot of the problem here is the fans hatred (just like Jackson). If it weren't for PR JT would probably be demoted to a backup over being bought out.

Yeah, and what did you have to do to get rid of Stephen Jackson?

That's right, you had to attach a guy along with him who at the time was perceived as an asset (Harrington) and you had to take back two guys who's contracts were bigger and longer.

I imagine that if you want to unload Tinsley onto someone else's team, it's likely you'll have to do something similar. You would have to attach a draft pick, I would imagine.

Mourning
07-12-2008, 06:47 AM
Yeah, and what did you have to do to get rid of Stephen Jackson?

That's right, you had to attach a guy along with him who at the time was perceived as an asset (Harrington) and you had to take back two guys who's contracts were bigger and longer.

I imagine that if you want to unload Tinsley onto someone else's team, it's likely you'll have to do something similar. You would have to attach a draft pick, I would imagine.

:ding:

On a sidenote: I would rather have Jamaal not allowed near the team or the stadion for 3 years then throw in a future first to get rid of him. I have no problem attaching a future secondrounder.

McKeyFan
07-12-2008, 02:10 PM
i do not think they mean what they think they do.

Defensive, as in being a defendent a lot.

McKeyFan
07-12-2008, 02:11 PM
He blew out his knee.

:whoknows:

Tom White
07-12-2008, 02:48 PM
He blew out his knee.

:whoknows:

He did that too?

:laugh: